[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have ten seconds to defend the idea of console exclusives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

You have ten seconds to defend the idea of console exclusives without sucking corporate cock
>>
File: sheldor.png (385KB, 354x465px) Image search: [Google]
sheldor.png
385KB, 354x465px
>>383842241
Beats me!
>>
Can't be done. Exclusives are purely a marketing tactic and they are 100% anti-consumer
>>
>>383842241
focusing on a single platform simplifies the development process.
>>
No reason to own a console otherwise
>>
>>383842241
some studious wouldn't be able to make their games without backing from hardware manufacturers

Also I'm an adult with a job so I don't cry over $300 toys.
>>
File: 1487547294681.jpg (45KB, 329x319px) Image search: [Google]
1487547294681.jpg
45KB, 329x319px
>paying for 10 year old computers and call it a console to play games in 30 fps
>>
>/v/ will never EVER not be asspained over Bloodborne
>>
better optimization since the dev has to only focus on 1 hardware setup
>>
>>383842416

>without sucking corporate cock
>>
Competition benefits the consumer.
>>
It made sense back in the 90s when consoles had wildly different capabilities, instead of literally just being PCs with proprietary operating systems.

So Switch exclusives make some sense.
>>
File: tumblr.png (261KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr.png
261KB, 500x230px
>>383842241
Using unique features present only on a certain device to create a unique gameplay experience
>>
>>383842649
kys
>>
>>383842649
>defend this without listing the only actual valid defense for it
>>
>>383842654

multiplats are competition. means that hardware manufacturers strive for the best versions
>>
>>383842416
Not anymore, seeing as the PS4 and Xbone both just use a standard PC architecture and only have miniscule differences as far as specs go.
>>
>>383842820
I can assure you that the multiplatform development process is not as simple as Unity says.
You actually have to test on every single platform you release to, it's a long arduous process even for a single platform.
>>
>buy game
>play it
vs
>buy game
>fix it
>play it
>>
>>383843032
Yes, but right now it's far and away the simplest it has ever been.
>>
No other industry does it, and this one only does it because it can get away with it right now.
>>
Speeds up the dev process.
>>
>>383842781
Sony, Nintendo, and to a lesser extent Microsoft wouldn't invest any money in software development if every game was automatically on every platform. A lot of studios wouldn't exist and you're a retard if you think EA / Ubisoft / Activision would pick up all the first party studios, or that such a scenario would be some kind of improvement.
>>
>>383843327
A couple of music artists have tried to have exclusives tied to streaming services in the past few years, but no one was having it.
>>
>>383842503

>back from ONE hardware manufacturer
>better than backing from ALL hardware manufacturers
>>
File: 1499205292489.gif (1MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1499205292489.gif
1MB, 500x350px
>>383842781
>caring about pixels and fps
>thinking pixels and fps are what make a game good
>>
>>383843421

>if things weren't just as they are right now, gaming would DIE
>>
>>383843421
>Sony, Nintendo, and to a lesser extent Microsoft wouldn't invest any money in software development

Are you retarded? They would if they wanted to do any kind of business at all.
>>
>>383843454
Except Microsoft and Sony don't invest in 3rd parties at all outside of shitty marketing deals. You think Sony is paying Ubisoft for bringing Watch Dogs to the PS4?

>>383843508
I never said that you faggot, I said that a lot of studios would be lost.
>>
>>383843508
Nice straw man you reddit spacing retard.
>>
>>383842241
not wanting to give PC niggers a chance to steal the game

there you have it, what do I get?
>>
>>383842506
>paying for online cuck DRM infested games
>games, that are completely broken and crash a lot
>games, that you do not even own
>games, that may simply stop working because of some patch or some other shit

KEK
>>
A video game console is essentially just an OS

This means console manufacturers employ software developers to manufacture their consoles

Video games are essentially just software

???
>>
File: zjrkl;a.png (8KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
zjrkl;a.png
8KB, 257x196px
>>383844174
i bet you think youre smart for figuring that one out on your own, dont you?
>>
>>383844174
>employ software developers to manufacture their consoles
no shit sherlock
did you think they were made out of magic beans?
>>
>>383843421

Except it would be a massive boon for developers. They'd made a lot MORE money off their games without having to tie it to one system.
>>
>>383844650
>They'd made a lot MORE money off their games without having to tie it to one system.
They'd have to have money first to develop a game, and EA and others aren't gonna pick up the brunt and fund all of those studios.
>>
>>383844741

>They'd have to have money first to develop a game

There are many more 3rd party devs than 1st party ones. They get the money from outside investment.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.