[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/ I used to work at Square Enix Business Division 3 however

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: KHIII.jpg (32KB, 437x600px) Image search: [Google]
KHIII.jpg
32KB, 437x600px
Hey /v/ I used to work at Square Enix Business Division 3 however due to stress and getting bored working on the project (Kingdom Hearts 3) I decide to leave the game industry.

But fear not, I have some interesting info for you thirsty Kingdom Hearts fans out there.

Please excuse my bad English :).

>So what about the release date?
Kingdom Hearts 3 production has been a roller coaster for the team due to the game always getting rebooted in some way due to Nomura not satisfied with the production. For example, in late 2014 the game was scheduled to release in Holiday 2016 however in early 2015 Nomura decide that story of this version of the game wasn't very interesting and theme didn't fit well. So he decided to scrap that version of the game and re-write the story to focus more on trusting love ones and friends, However in late summer 2015 he chose to re-write it again focusing on the theme of accepting death and determination ( the version I last worked on). This made the game release date to get pushed multiple time to Holiday 2018 to Summer 2019. So I can't really say when this game will come out but I do hope it's Summer 2019.

>How many worlds are there?
While working on the game there was 14 worlds plan for the game, 5 of them which was going to be a semi-open world similar to Metal Gear Solid V or the final section of Final Fantasy XV and the rest are more traditional Kingdom Hearts style levels. The only world I know that was in production at the time were Tangled (Semi-open world), Insomnia (Semi-open world), Big Hero 6 (Linear) and Frozen (Linear).
There was more I worked on however, they had code names and were hard to figure out due to my low knowledge on Disney films.
>>
>Are we expecting any new Final Fantasy characters to show up?
I really don't know sadly but by the looks of it, Noctis is a safe bet.

>Any word on what Hikaru Utada song is about?
Again sadly I wasn't giving info about her involvement, the only thing I know is she wasn't planned to be the main vocalist first due to her busy time schedule. In early winter 2015, we asked YUI to write us the opening theme and the ending song. I don't know much about the opening theme, however, I heard from a couple of friends it got scraped for Utada song. But fear not I know somewhat the ending theme is about! The song was about losing a family you been with for years however life moves on and you have to accept their death. I listen to a sample of it before and it sounds really good I do hope they don't cut or replace it with Utada vision.

>Any word on porting 1.5 + 2.5 and 2.8 on Xbox, PC, and Switch?
I wasn't part of the team who was working on the complications however there was always discussion about canceling the Xbox version to reduce development cost and time so I wouldn't be surprised that the Xbox version gets canceled. PC I have no idea sadly and about switch I left long before anyone knew what the Switch was but from what I was working on, I can't see it running on it.
>>
>Any talks about possible Marvel and Star Wars World.
I say there's a very low chance of them happening due to licensing agreement between EA and Disney about Star Wars. However, Marvel might have a small chance of joining the roster maybe Guardian of the Galaxy world or a Thor world.

>Are Square Enix worried about how long and expensive the development is taking?
Most definitely, Every week we had someone high up from Square checking if the development is moving along smoothly. After meeting every week we hear about Square trying to move Nomura to another project to satisfy him and make him not depressed. That's why he is now working on Final Fantasy 7 Remake so Square can quickly finish development on Kingdom Hearts 3. Don't worry it won't be Final Fantasy XV level rushed they already know what they're doing.

If you got any questions please ask. :)
>>
File: 1495754713402.jpg (16KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1495754713402.jpg
16KB, 300x199px
I see it's that time of the day again. I can't wait for Saturday to come and go so that speculation for it can end.
>>
>>383839618
>Insomnia
>World

Immediately flagged for bullshit because that's not how Final Fantasy works in Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>383840738
Forgot to add this sorry :(
>Wait Insomnia why?
Nomura insisted that for the first time we use a world from Final Fantasy, Many of us from the team voted for Midgar, however, Nomura final decision was to use Insomnia due to him wanted to salvage something from Versus 13. Don't worry It won't look odd most of it got a redesign for Kingdom Hearts 3 so it won't look like it's ripped from Versus 13.
>>
>>383840859
Again, that's not how Final Fantasy works in KH. Final Fantasy games do not get their own worlds in KH. Midgar wouldn't have even been an option as Cloud and various other characters from FF7 were already established as being denizens from the OC worlds such as Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden, Twilight Town, Destiny Islands etc.
>>
>>383841125
I really don't know a lot about the Kingdom Hearts story and worlds but we were asked to vote which world we would like to see reimagined in Kingdom Hearts 3.
>>
>>383839618
>Hey /v/ I used to work at Square Enix
no, you didnt
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.