[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand. I'm not fast enough to pull off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: guilty-gear1.jpg (348KB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
guilty-gear1.jpg
348KB, 740x416px
I don't understand. I'm not fast enough to pull off the combos. When I do manage to execute them I can never remember them for later or when it's safe to try them. I've been bad at video games this whole time. The pain is unending.
>>
Why is every fucking japanese game just two absolut abitrary words strung together?

Fire emblem
Guilty gear
Metal gear
>>
File: FAB3.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
FAB3.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Watch videos and practice.

You should get to the point where you can execute your BnBs while thinking about your next move.
>>
>>383831808
I'll certainly try. I think it's great that there are people out there who love fighting games but it's pretty wild that there's an audience at all these days.
>>
File: tumblr_on67eoOCcs1tw58h4o2_500.gif (2MB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on67eoOCcs1tw58h4o2_500.gif
2MB, 500x442px
>>383831130
Getting good takes actual practice, not just playing matches. Go into training mode and do the same combo 20, 30, 40 times until you don't have to think about it.

>>383831780
I can't speak to Fire Emblem, but both Guilty Gear and Metal Gear refer directly to central story elements. The words sound random to you because they have no context. Also, Japan loves using English words.
>>
>ggac+
>unbeatable ost

>gg rev2
>shitty as fuck ost
what happened?
>>
Exactly 8760 hours in training mode (for a single hero).

Unless you're a NEET living at your parents with 0 things going on in your life just give up already.
>>
Practice makes perfect. You need invest some time to train your muscle memory and reactions.
>>
>>383831130
When it comes to combos you'll develop the necessary muscle memory eventually. Just keep grinding matches and combos in training mode every now and then.
>>
>always hated rhythm games
>tfw realizing that doing combos in fighting games is the exact same shit
why is this allowed? it completely ruined the genre for me.
>>
Keep in mind that most guilty gear combos are done for style

You really don't need to know most of them to get by
>>
>>383832170
rev 2's ost is better than ac
>>
>>383832613
kys casual
>>
>>383833998
post an example
>>
File: 4891239844.jpg (189KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
4891239844.jpg
189KB, 717x880px
>>383832189
>(for a single hero).
>hero
get your assfaggots terminology out of here you cuck
>>
>>383834105
one dawn > awe of she
>>
The trick is to learn 3 combos; one on the ground that ends in a knockdown, the other for the air (and leads to a knockdown if possible), and finally one for the corner after they were knocked down.
>>
>>383835290
Another thing to mention is that these combos in no way have to be optimal, often the difference between a combo you are comfortable with and the one maximising damage isn't worth chasing from the very beginning. Settle for what you can do reliably and start inserting other things into the mix when you are comfortable
>>
File: 1499756340437.jpg (882KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1499756340437.jpg
882KB, 1920x1200px
>>383831130
Im having the same problem
i mean its easy to rember them but its hard to pull of cancels for me :(
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.