[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>installed colonial charter Holy shit /v/ you were right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: banished.jpg (50KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
banished.jpg
50KB, 460x215px
>installed colonial charter

Holy shit /v/ you were right it really is like a whole new game. I fear there are simply too many production chains though
>>
>Game has no win state

Did mods ever fix this unfinished mess?
>>
>install megamod
>game and saves take 10 minutes to load
>>
>>383830357
Yea Colonial Charter is good, but there's this bug I got when installing it that workers won't collect iron anymore. Got shit loads of it that I've dug all over the map but no-one'll take it to a stockpile or use it in construction.
>>
>>383830357
Googled that shit up...

What the hell is a "city-building strategy"?

What do you do in this game?
>>
>>383831797
>win state
I guess you must hate SimCity too, huh?
>>
>>383832570
I actually do. Its simply not a video game if there is no win state
>>
Is there any combat yet, i wanted to get attacked by goblins or something instead of just slowly starving to death.
>>
>>383832418
You build a medieval city. That's about it. The vanilla game is pretty lacking but with some mods like CC it adds enough content to make the game passable.
>>
>>383831797
>>383832570
>>383832636
WE HAD THIS DISCUSSION LAST THREAD
>>
>>383832792
who won?
>>
File: BeastsandBumpkins.jpg (33KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
BeastsandBumpkins.jpg
33KB, 480x300px
>>
File: 1396401739983.jpg (10KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
1396401739983.jpg
10KB, 275x200px
>>383832570
>I guess you must hate SimCity too, huh?
Not that anon, wasn't here last thread. But SimCity still had scenarios where you could win (and then keep playing), and various cool "end game" challenges you could impose on yourself more (like launching arcologies to another world). A lot of the best sims are like that, you can do total sandbox, you can play forever if you want, but they also offer modes or scenarios or something within that for players who want a specific challenge and start/end conditions from time to time. I don't think that's wrong, I fucking loved SimCity and just fucking around making the most awesome one I could, but I also took on a lot of the challenge stuff too.
>>
>win states
Okay, what win state do you want?
>reach 200 population
>make X amount of houses
>make X amount of firewood
>>
>>383832761

There will never be combat in this game. There are some mods out there that will let you make uniforms, arms, armor, guns, and cannons. You can also build guard towers and assign jobs to villagers as soldiers. But you never see them wear it and you just have to use your imagination.

Does Life is Feudal: Forest Village have combat?
>>
>>383832894
Nobody wins on those.
>>
>>383832570
>comparing Banished to SimCity, even the first let alone 2000 or later
No. Banished is far too simple mechanically for that. Has its own charm for a while but it's easy to see why it wouldn't scratch the same itch or let people sandbox remotely as hard on their own as SimCity at all.
>>
How is Pharoah or Caeser compared to Banished? I've been thinking of trying those out.
>>
>>383833501
What are the muskets in CC for then?
>>
>>383832761
>Is there any combat yet, i wanted to get attacked by goblins or something instead of just slowly starving to death.
Is that even mechanically possible for a mod to do? I'm pretty sure the game itself is basically abandoned at this point, even ports dev said they wanted to do never happened, it's just getting some light compatibility maintenance stuff if that. Since combat was never part of the game at all I don't think it ever will be.
>>
>>383834025

the muskets are for trading. they're a lot more valuable than most iron products. you can also assign villagers to be "soldiers" in military buildings and they basically just generate resources on its own. you have to pretend that the soldiers are confiscating resources from bandits.
>>
>>383832792
quick rundown please
>>
>>383834454
basically it's gay that there's no win condition but other games like city skylines dont have win conditions either

if you want challenging scenarios banished has them with mods
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.