[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game is dead before it's full release What did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

File: gwent176u1x.png (609KB, 1038x664px) Image search: [Google]
gwent176u1x.png
609KB, 1038x664px
>game is dead before it's full release
What did CDPR mean by this?
>>
>>383828963
I get matches in 10 seconds.
>>
>>383831340
If it is eurotime, maybe.
>>
>>383828963
>dude weather lmao
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>383828963
If what you're saying is even true, you can't blame them for trying. People are fucking retarded.

>Spending a significant amount of cash on digital cards.
>>
File: 1382932708083.jpg (13KB, 171x158px) Image search: [Google]
1382932708083.jpg
13KB, 171x158px
>>383828963
>At the end of closed beta you have dominant and competitive decks in NR, monster, and squirrel
>Completely upend the balance and change almost every card in the game and even some major mechanics like the faction specific benefits
>Game is suddenly hot garbage
What did CDPR mean by this?
>>
>>383828963
Faster matchmaking then hearthstone.
>>
>>383832008
I've literally never had a hearthstone queue take longer than 20 seconds.
>>
>>383831970
>tfw bought kegs in beta
>now I can't even play the game
I got W3 on sale, and I fucking loved that game, so I'm not too pissed, but come on, what the actual fuck were they thinking.
>>
The changes to Weather were fucking retarded and even more swingy than prior to the changes.
>>
>>383831970
This is what happens when you listen to Reddit and some amateur "team" that pretend to know stuff about games.
>>
File: 1395421263110.jpg (100KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1395421263110.jpg
100KB, 800x800px
Cardpool is tiny
Card balance based on what reddit is crying about
Quite literally 0 professional or seasoned card designers/pro mtg players on the team and it shows
A card game so poorly optimized it chugs on animated heavy boards on PC and pretty much dies on console. Again talking about a card game.
One gamemode
Rethaz

I had high hopes when I first got into the CB, and still do, mostly because of how original it is and not just another magic clone but if it keeps going the way it is going I don't foresee a future for this game. At least the latest patch wasn't a total dumpster fire like every other patch since the start of the OB.
>>
>>383833062
>A card game so poorly optimized it chugs on animated heavy boards on PC and pretty much dies on console. Again talking about a card game.
They're too stupid and wanted to compete with HS so they went full with tri-platform release and fancy Premiums, shooting themselves in the foot.
>Rethaz
IIRC he worked on that shitty mobile Witcher MOBA that was dead in weeks.
Also they fired one of the OG Gwent creators (Damien Monnier) and replaced him with rethaz.
No wonder game is so bad now.
>>
>>383831340
Because you can get matched with anyone regardless of MMR in Casual.
>>
>>383833343
>Also they fired one of the OG Gwent creators (Damien Monnier) and replaced him with rethaz.
Christ, who's in charge over at CDPR? Rethaz is a fucking idiot and you'd have to be mentally handicapped yourself to not see that.
>>
>>383834605
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-07-gwent-the-witcher-card-game-co-creator-damien-monnier-leaves-cd-projekt-red
I dunno but IMO it was a really stupid decision.
The second guy who made OG Gwent, Rafał Jaki, is not even the main director IIRC.
>>
>>383828963
The retards who shat the witcher series tried to make a card game
Whatt did you expect?
>>
>>383835794
Actually as far as i know the Gwent team is made from fairly new people and some amateurs.
>>
>>383833062
My problem with the game is that reactive cards are usually terrible balanced and work only as a mirror of proactive cards, which is fucking retarded.
>>
I feel most of the criticism stems from people netdecking like retards and getting destroyed at high MMR by these same netdecks or their counters.
Meanwhile, I'm having fun playing my own decks and getting 1 rank a day from dailies, reached 3K this morning.
>>
>>383837187
Literally every top rank streamer other than swim (who is too autistic and CDPR promotes him too much for him to risk saying anything negative) hates the game now. They complain and even some basically insult rethaz for balancing the game.
>>
File: Watcher_of_the_Big_Ones.png (345KB, 350x550px) Image search: [Google]
Watcher_of_the_Big_Ones.png
345KB, 350x550px
>>383828963
>thought of trying Gwent out because I was bored with the game I was playing
>they go full retard at open beta/release with crazy changes
back to waiting for set 2
>>
>>383837474
Maybe they'll completely redesign everything from scratch when they move from open beta to release and they'll magically fix the game.
>>
>>383837187
Most people are shitting on the game now because control is basically dead, CDPR over reacted to the nerf to weather that was control strongest (and only) tool.
>>
>>383837474
Mogwai is a lot more positive now actually. He used to lose his shit every other hour because he couldn't deal with the weather meta.
>>
>>383837762
To be honest I've started playing Elder Scrolls Legends and it's not entirely terrible. Decent middle ground between Hearthstone bullshit and Magic autism. Doubt I'll drop any money on it but since they've got the Twitch drops shit and they sell some decent premade decks in the shop I've been spending my funny money getting cards that way which is decent for some casual carding. Still breaks my heart how fast Gwent turned shitty since at the end of closed beta it was unironically my favorite card game.
>>
>>383837915
Miguel is a jimmy at heart. Of course the most spike meta ever would be triggering. Shit it was triggering to most people because you either played axeman or you didn't play ranked at all.
>>
>>383833062
>A card game so poorly optimized it chugs on animated heavy boards on PC and pretty much dies on console. Again talking about a card game.
It's what happens when you go lmao boob physics in a card game.
>>
>Go into ranked with QG
>Face 9 Consume Decks in a row
>Exact same cards
>Exact same setup and cards always played the in the exact same order
>Exact same win conditions

nerf when?
>>
File: 1499943540414.png (708KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499943540414.png
708KB, 640x640px
I started playing in open beta but then they started nerfing everything that wasn't a solitaire deck
>>
I don't play this (sunk cost fallacy is too strong here with Hearthstone)
how is my boy Lifecoach doing?
>>
>>383838336
Stop playing QG in a consume meta you dummy. It's no surprise you can't win when Regis eats one of your gals in R1 and Caretaker steal one of your other gals in R3.
>>
>>383837813
That is impossible anon. Sorry but people forgive mistakes and balance in single player games but in multi every flaw of CDPR comes out clear and visible.
Their management is fucking atrocious. Their Russian section does whatever they want and they leak stuff before they are officially announced (like with the Closed Beta wipe).
Rethaz does not seem to care about other stuff than balance (even though he is a fucking main director) and art, rarity, rewards etc. all of this does not bother him at all.
Their every single game is a fucking Frankenstein monster that came together by miracle instead of a game that was created with clear idea and passion.
They are hacks.
>>
>>383831745
Lucky for you they ruined weather in the last update.
>>
>>383838465
He forces himself a lot to play this game now. He even said that it was more fun in Closed Beta.
But hey, Gwentlemen opinion is more important to our boy rethaz.
>>
they ruined the game

the game played better during the pre-alpha, open beta made the game overly confusing to play and they gimped everything
>>
Should have made it mobile
>>
>>383838856
Pre-alpha was the worst stage of the game. They invited people like Trump, Noxious, Reynad etc. and they all told that the game was retarded and terrible to play.
>>
File: 1494480679952.jpg (161KB, 508x610px) Image search: [Google]
1494480679952.jpg
161KB, 508x610px
>>383838676
>Ruined weather
>60% of all games are against Dagon weather decks
>>
card games are for virgins
>>
>>383838995
are they at least planning on it?
I know they're on consoles but a non-mobile card game sounds like a deal breaker for a lot of people
I know ESL is going mobile soon and I think Faeria and Duelyst are trying
>>
>>383839178
Consoles are dying the moment 5-10 Premiums appear on Board.
It's impossible to make this game for mobile.
>>
File: 1431848263415.jpg (69KB, 490x424px) Image search: [Google]
1431848263415.jpg
69KB, 490x424px
>>383839114
>>
>>383839114
>implying bitches don't get soaked when they see my Yu-Gi-Oh deck

Salty scrollsfag detected.
>>
File: forsenwat.png (129KB, 264x428px) Image search: [Google]
forsenwat.png
129KB, 264x428px
>Hearthstone is still the king
Feels Good Baby
>>
>>383832650
Elaborate
>>
>>383839893
It's a common knowledge rethaz talks and sits on Discord with Gwentlemen and listens to their opinion everyday.
However he refuses to talk with players like Noxious, LC or Trump about the game even though they have more experience than all of those combined (take in mind none of them got into the fucking Challenger).
>>
>>383828963
>>383831970

As much as I fucking hate the way they've been patching this game, it is actually in a real beta.

Honestly their biggest failing at this point is not sticking EARLY ACCESS OPEN BETA somewhere in the client in big flashing letters. That, and they seriously need to learn how to patch -- you can't call 64 balance changes after letting the meta stew for 3 weeks a "hotfix"
>>
>>383840097
Every patch has to go through Sony and Microsoft too.
Basically they have their first multi title and they have it in beta (where most and a lot of changes should happen) but they can't even do most changes because they are so hard on competing with HS they have it on three different platforms with cross-play.
>>
>>383840390
Yeah, really fucking dumb decision to put it on consoles so early. The game clearly needs a lot of work.

Oh, and another funny thing, you can't have cross platform play between PS and XBOX, so tournaments need to limit themselves to 1-2 platforms only rofl.
>>
>>383840698
Whole Gwent seems like an overly ambitious project made by bunch of people who have no idea what they are doing.
>tri-platform release
>fucking expensive Premium cards, each one takes month of human work
>fully voiced, animated campaign with isometric view
>making a standalone title based on a minigame
>all of which in 2 years (HS took 6 to create mind you)
>they listen to reddit and amateurs instead of professional players who probably have more experience with CCGs than devs themselves
This is bound to fail horribly. And i hope it does actually. Right now the game goes nowhere and will only be worse and worse with time.
>>
>>383838336
why would u play a low tempo deck when all the tier 1 decks push for r1 r2 youre just gonna get 2-0'd as QG unless you go full Ciri dash shit even then you can get outpowered which is why SK sucks ass right now
>>
>>383828963
Gwent is a shit card game.

Gwent was a fun game in The Witcher 3, because you could get new cards and made the best deck. There was no balancing at all. It was just about fun.

The PvP Gwent is just retarded. As soon as ONE meta deck exists, everyone will only play this meta deck and the game is just 100 % luck. I don't get who thought Gwent was a good idea.

Look at the Nu-Gwent. You can't even see the "real" Gwent anymore. Everything is changed and the most important thing of Gwent, spies, were completely removed. Nu-Gwent is a mess. SAD!
>>
>>383842000
ckecking those trips btw
>>
>>383841592
The premiums cards are actually fantastic. I know they take a lot of work and they must recover that investment somehow but I hear that the gwent team was already profitable thanks to Closed beta purchases of kegs and now they are selling crafting material for premiums for whales, I doubt that gwent financially is going to bust.

The game on the other hand does need some sort of rebalance, specially for the control tools to make control a possible archetype outside of ST.
>>
>>383838676
>somehow more ruined than the open beta weather changes
No.
They need to go back to the drawing board and rehire the actual people who made original Gwent.
>>
>>383839716
As a Jimmy, and as someone who plays pro in other genres, tavern brawl is comfy.
>>
>>383842000
Heartstone is a shit card game.

Heartstone was a fun game right after release because nobody had all the cards, and you could build fun decks. There was no RNG at all. It was just about fun and skill.

The new Heartstone is just retarded. As soon as ONE meta deck exists, everyone will only play this meta deck and the game is just 100 % luck. I don't get who thought RNG was a good idea.

Look at the Nu-HS. You can't even see the "real" HS anymore. Everything is changed and the most important thing of HS, strategy, were completely removed. Nu-Heartstone is a mess. SAD!
>>
>>383841592
I agree it's been a disaster, particularly apparently after open beta, but I want cyberpunk 2077 too bad and enjoyed W3 to wish failure on CDPR.
>>
>>383842000
The games isn't based on luck at all. Is like you don't actually play card games. The only RNG in gwent is the card draw which is the best type of RNG after that a good player will most likely destroy a noob half the time. The same can't be said about HS or any other card game.
>>
>>383842421
>implying this is wrong
Card games are meme games for meme people
>>
>>383842452
The balance is so atrocious that it is currently based on luck. It's based on matchup and what you do not draw instead of what you do.
>>
>>383842557
We are in the state where coin flip decides about whole match.
>>
>>383842557
>>383843578
Only if you netdeck
>>
>>383843578
Funny how in Gwent going first is worse than going second when in most card games going second is worse than going first.
>>
>>383843778
That's because coin flip is literal RNG and CDPR has no solution to that.
And rethaz refuses to admit how big impact it has on matches.
>>
Fuck Team Gwentlemen, literally fuck them all. Lifecoach and Mogwai are the only people worth listening to, no idea why CDPR keep sucking swim's cock so much. Funny how almost every other streamer from the closed beta she quit the game since then.
Wifecoach and superJJ are the only based ones left.
>>
>>383844052
D we have stats of how the coinflip affects the game? In other games we have stats that basically prove that going second is worse than going first. (though that is meta dependent)
>>
>>383844207
I remember seeing some independent stats showing that going second gives you an about 10% more chance of winning. Don't quote me on that tho its been a while.
>>
>>383844207
I think it was about up to 20% difference according to some data and Gwent Trackers.
>>383844193
This. I remember that even after one official stream, they hosted swim, even though they were like, 10 almost equally popular Twitch back then.
CDPR are fucking hacks who have no idea how to make a game.
>>
>>383844193
What other streamers quit the game? I do agree that Lifecoach and Mogwai are fun to follow though for different reasons.
>>
>>383844763
Yea some even go as far as to simply say "fuck rethaz" and ragequit the game.
Its pure shit.
>>
>>383844763
Chaotic Priest, McBearded, ppd, KBT (just plays W3 now), Merchant might still be active but I haven't seen him in a long time.

It's just Lifecoach and swim now, with swim gaining traction for whatever ungodly reason
>>
>>383844763
It's just people ragequitting and coming back the next day.
They're the ones shaping up the meta so whatever cancer deck they show, they're bound to fight endless waves of that same deck.
>>
>>383845030
Swim is interesting. Hes probably the most autistic, boring and creepy (looks and behaves like a basement pedo) streamer ive seen and yet hes so fucking popular.
How?
>>
Loved it at first, then they nerfed Soia'tael into the ground by letting Aglaïs only target your own graveyard and making Elven Mercs unbouncable. I quit shortly after and haven't returned.
>>
>>383844193
>Mogwai
>Worth listening to for feedback
Come on now
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.