[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just what is Stone Tower and its Temple? Why does it exist? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 300px-Stone_Tower_interior.jpg (36KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Stone_Tower_interior.jpg
36KB, 300x301px
Just what is Stone Tower and its Temple? Why does it exist? Why is the music the only music in the game that's both in the pre Temple and Temple area? Why does Igos du Ikana say that a dark Wind Blows through the area and that it needs to stay sealed? Why is the architecture so weird? And why does it make no sense the fact that it puts the sky to your feet the fact that it inverts the fact that the boss room appears to be in another dimension unlike every other boss room except Majora's?
>>
Stone tower is based off of a Middle eastern burial ritual know as the tower of silence.
it's a mass grave, you even fight death there
>>
There was an interesting theory years ago about how it was a sort of Terminan Tower of Babel.
>>
>>383820817
who?
>>
File: Enter_Gomess.jpg (55KB, 660x550px) Image search: [Google]
Enter_Gomess.jpg
55KB, 660x550px
>>383820945
He's named Gomess in game
but look at this guy
>>
>>383820817
pretty sure it's the tower of babel.

also, what the fuck is wrong with these people? that's basically a giant petri dish.
>>
>>383820849
BUT HEY
>>
>>383820849
https://zeldauniverse.net/2006/11/03/the-stone-tower-why-termina-was-doomed/
>>
Termina hated the goddesses because they care more about Hyrule and left them to die by the hands of evil like Majora. They made the tower thinking they would climb to the heavens and slay the goddesses but it was all a waste because it was too late for them to realize they aren't even in the same world or could even be reached in the first place at all even if they were in Termina.
>>
>>383821360
There's no way the designers put this much thought into it but I still find this article amazing
>>
>>383819967
shit game.
>>
>>383821360
>ooooh phallic statues means a rejection of female gods in favor of male giants
whatever
>>
>>383822081
There's a lot of reaching in the article, but the actual elements he's using (licked triforce, portal in the sky) are definitely there for a reason. It's cool that the authors created a mystery using familiar things, just outside of understanding, instead of beating you over the head with explanations.
>>
File: 1332806158938.png (244KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
1332806158938.png
244KB, 640x350px
>>383821360

>this shitpost theory is ten years old

I want to go home
>>
>>383823258
not everything is a shitpost retard
some people believe and think about things without being """ironic""" such as you, mr. advanced memer
>>
File: gus-fring.jpg (121KB, 1270x719px) Image search: [Google]
gus-fring.jpg
121KB, 1270x719px
>>383819967
One of these days I'll make a Youtube video for you OP. Just drop your spam email or twitter.

>>383820817
Nah.

>>383820849
>>383821220
>>383821360
>>383822081
>>383823258
>>383822619
NOTTO DISU SHITTO AGEN! I could refute every point he makes but I'm not going to waste precious hours of my life dignifying this trash article.
>>
Was anyone else as obsessed with this place I was as a kid? Actually really creeped me out especially the inverted version. The concept just seems so out of place considering the rest of the game. Although at the same time if it were to fit in any Zelda game I guess Majora's would be the one.
>>
>>383826202
Nah, Stone tower temple is the coolest area in any Zelda game, and the only thing that comes close are areas of koholint island. The design is cool, it's mysterious, and it has good music, in a way it kinda encapsulates what makes Majora's mask stand out in the series.

Falling into the sky when the temple was inverted freaked me out when I was younger and it still does to an extent. I love it.
>>
>>383827524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab60XEyA5OQ

even the music is probably the most kino in all of MM
>>
>>383821169
damn I miss the N64.
>>
>>383828057
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si_xptgoncU
>>
>>383828057
asd
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.