[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ doesn't want paid mods >wants to support the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.jpg (80KB, 643x1292px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
80KB, 643x1292px
>/v/ doesn't want paid mods
>wants to support the devs and suggests donating

doesn't work /v/. If I made a mod and 50,000 people downloaded it and only a few people gave me some bucks for my effort how is that fair? Do I go max jew mode and advertise my patreon page and scam my donators by giving a monthly micro-content updates?
>>
File: Untitled.png (229KB, 490x658px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
229KB, 490x658px
>>383816110
>advertising your patreon is max jew mode
>but locking all of your content behind a paywall isn't
>>
>>383816110
Mods shouldn't provide you with a cushy living. They are a hobby and you are profiting off of some other company making a full game while you edit in futa girls, you little bitch ass OP. Either use them as practice while being happy you got a few bucks or git gud enough to make full games yourself.
>>
>>383816549
>can't make a living off a hobby

esports exists
>>
>>383816763
I'm not saying you can't, you just aren't entitled to. Big difference, friendo.
>>
Who the fuck would actually pay for mods though?
>>
>>383817226
probably no one but then I again I said the same thing about skins and yet it makes riot and steam billions
>>
>>383817226
Retards. Kids with their parents money. Furries. But I repeat myself.
>>
>>383816110
PLEASE LEAVE S-PURPLE
CRYING NOW WILL LEAD TO NOTHING
>>
>>383816110
You don't try to make a living off a company's assets, and mods don't abide by professional standards so they hardly qualify as a proper commercial product.
>>
>>383817226
Console normies, that's why Bethesda spent the last year buttering them up with the console mods so they could charge for mods now.
And they'll succeed, too. Enjoy your dead community.
>>
>>383817875
>Enjoy your dead community

you say that like ever modder and their mother will go the pay route. it won't.
>>
>>383817772
>mods don't abide by professional standards

pretty much they do. when people start to bitch to a company and threaten to sue then they'll have to do something about it. in this case steam or bethesda would have to start doing some control
>>
>>383818004
Doesn't matter, introducing the paid system will negatively affect the free community a great deal. Just look at what happened last time.
>>
File: 1l4Oi.jpg (78KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
1l4Oi.jpg
78KB, 960x717px
>>383818164
>Bethesda
>Bugfixing
>QA
>>
>>383818189
what last time? paid mods never took off. its was literally few days. not enough time for fresh talent to come in and make decent mods. during that time you still had the community hellbent to make paid mods a failure. if anything it strengthen the solidarity within the community
>>
File: Frankie.jpg (44KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Frankie.jpg
44KB, 512x512px
>goldsource/source era
heres some free games my dudes (gets bought by valve)
>modern day
so i caon barley make a game mod, never mind any good content mods, pay me $5.99 USD for some textures goyim

when did it all go so wrong???
>>
>>383818452
It was enough time for the community to shit itself, for thousands of mods to get stolen and sold, for dozens of modders to take down their mods to prevent them getting stolen, and for several popular modders to try to monetize their mods by doing jew shit like advertising the paid version of mods on free versions, or trying to sell mods with dependencies on dozens of others.

Introducing the money factor into the community is poisoning it.
>>
>>383817226
it's actually quality, fulfilling content I'd consider it, if it's just putting dicks on girls and 3 choppy humping animations, no because plenty of horny idiots already do just that.
>>
>>383818864
no you're not poisoning it because the free factor is still there. do you automatically become part of the community if you become a modder or when you actually collaborate?
>>
>>383818764
Uncontrolled capitalism.

GEE, I SURE LOVE INFLATION
>>
>>383820141
Go to bed Dobson.
>>
File: smithy.jpg (93KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
smithy.jpg
93KB, 1152x864px
>>383820141
>ILL GIVE YOU $1100000 USD for that hat!
>>
>>383819278
Putting quality dicks on girls is a service that cannot go uncompensated.
>>
>>383820651
understandable, but it's usually just a low res, low poly 'quick hackjob so I can jack' job

I'd pay good money for well modeled feet with detailed arches instead of ugly wedge feet
>>
File: 1492007249491.jpg (36KB, 480x534px) Image search: [Google]
1492007249491.jpg
36KB, 480x534px
>>383816110
>If I made a mod and 50,000 people downloaded it and only a few people gave me some bucks for my effort how is that fair?
Is not and is not supposed to be, fuck everybody who thinks they are entitled of making money of a game/tools/community knowledge that already exists with content nobody demanded from them.
How about taking commissions and get paid for stuff people ASK you to make?
I'm fine with that and you already can use paypal, systems are already in place, but that's work and every retarded who thinks paid mods is a good idea is a faggot who is waiting for the opportunity to repack somebody else work.
>>
>>383821338
>commission for one person
>sell the mod to everyone else

yeah, I can see this.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.