[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they really need to make Dark Souls that fucking difficult?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Did they really need to make Dark Souls that fucking difficult? What's the point of playing a game if you need to memorize every single enemy pattern? Where's the fun in it?
>>
git gud
>>
What part are you even referring to??
>>
File: 1487021591040.png (83KB, 370x301px) Image search: [Google]
1487021591040.png
83KB, 370x301px
>>383800757
>he thinks Dark Souls is difficult
>he's incapable of memorizing the 2-3 different attacks enemies do
>shadman
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
I never got the "Dark Souls is hard" meme. It's an RPG and there are several ways to play it. Obviously if you fuck up and aren't prepared you'll die like a bitch. And if you have trouble beating a boss, summon an npc or something.

It's only as hard as you make it. Well , there are exceptions where the fights are fucking bullshit, but generally they're limited to DLC or optional anyways
>>
Dark Souls isn't even hard and I cringe when people say it is because that just goes to show that they hardly even play video games
>>
>>383801247
Because it's not totally mindless, which makes it harder than the average game that came out at the same time. There's also the fact that it is a meme and people will perpetuate it without actually playing the game, or if they just played it for five minutes, died to the Asylum Demon once and decided everyone was right and the game was the most difficult thing ever made.
>>
>>383800757

just roll a lot you useless faggot
>>
File: GOD I'm happy.webm (471KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GOD I'm happy.webm
471KB, 1280x720px
>>383801201
I back this post up
>>
>people actually responding to the op as if he was sincere even though the entire point of this thread's creation was for that bait image
>>
File: eyy.jpg (127KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
eyy.jpg
127KB, 500x409px
lol, that's the point, to memorize every pattern. You want to be able to one-shot everything without having to think?
>>
>>383801747
It just shows how fucking terrible /v/ is and always will be. It's not even Reddit anymore, it's basically Facebook 2.0.
>>
>>383800757
>Did they really need to make Dark Souls that fucking difficult?
I was thinking literally the opposite.
>>
>>383800757
They aren't that hard, though. You can always grind to out level areas if you feel like you deal too much damage, and there's often side content and useful items you can find which makes the harder areas easier.
>>
>>383801372
Dark souls is decently hard, at least a great deal more punishing than anything released in the past decade or so.
>>
>>383802018
>trial and error
>punishing
you kids are so fucking dumb it's amazing you haven't accidentally eaten soap yet
>>
>>383801738
Why do they blink and poke their heads out?
>>
File: NCIS technical writers.jpg (19KB, 350x251px) Image search: [Google]
NCIS technical writers.jpg
19KB, 350x251px
People who have trouble with games like Dark Souls lack fairly basic problem solving, pattern recognition and spacial awareness skills.

Like if you never play video games and just cannot get them, fair enough. I can't fault you for that. But if you regularly play video games and still can't adapt to the relatively simple challenges in Dark Souls, you must be stupid. You must have something wrong with your brain that stops you from being able to play it, because it isn't terribly difficult, and it's very satisfying once you get over that very slight speedbump in the beginning.

There's no excuse other than outright stupidity.
>>
>>383800757
>dark souls
>difficult
Hello casual player, maybe your friends at reddit can help you get better at games.
>>
>>383801372
Relative to any other game released it is hard, listening to low iq morons exclaim IT'S TOO HARD is hilarious though.
>>
But it's not
>>
Fun fact, 20% of people who bought Dark Souls 3 hasn't even beaten Iudex Gundyr.
Sauce: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/374320/achievements
>>
>>383802550
Yeah. Every souls game is like that.
>>
>>383800757
It's not really difficult. It's brilliance is actually kind of sad. All From did was look at the industry and see that no games required even basic caution. You can run into every encounter and blast/swing away and win. You never had to stop and pay attention to enemy location or tactics. Twitch shooters and easy as fuck RPGs with flashy numbers dominated.

So they took that all away. One shot kills require you to stop and look. That is the entire series in a nutshell. If you can't adapt to that in 5 minutes you are exactly who they targeted.
>>
>>383801864
>it's basically Facebook 2.0.
That makes too much sense
>>
>>383802116
>more punishing than anything released in the past decade or so.
Learn two read sand nigger. Pathetic 12 year old trying to belong
>>
i love the game, but what i fucking hate about is that once you start anything, you are committed to it, and that shit is queued up, so if you are franticly spamming the dodge button, but still get your shit kicked in, the moment you stand up you will dodge again, even if you have been pressing other buttons long since then.

And of course the cameras tenency to do 540° when locked on an enemy that slides around you trying to snap their attack on you, or just flat out so big that nodding their head moves them halfway across the arena, which results in fun times since your dodge direction is tied to that shit
>>
>>383801747
>dishing others for ignoring bait

no anon, YOU are the problem
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.