[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are put in charge of rejuvenating the [prototype] franchise.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5286.jpg (96KB, 1062x751px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5286.jpg
96KB, 1062x751px
You are put in charge of rejuvenating the [prototype] franchise. How would you do this?
>>
>>383794816
Just let me destroy stuff, add new abilities like Zombification, let me destroy buildings like in the Hulk games, I can think of a few more things.
>>
>>383795083
How about setting?
>>
>>383796220
Set it in a clean city, instead of an apocalypse like PT2, make the character the new source of the virus, and you infect parts of the town as the game goes on.
>>
>>383794816
Asian setting. The virus thing spread to there as well. I get to fight and become a massive kaiju end-game.
>>
>>383794816
Alex Mercer regenerates from another small animal, this time a tardigrade, to further signify how evolved and mutated he has become as a virological organism. He explains the things he had done to Heller, makes him completely normal again by absorbing all of Heller's virological biomass, and giving Heller a second chance at a normal life, or you can just kill him, then absorb him entirely. After leaving NYZ, he "Meets" PARIAH, instinctively tries to completely destroy and absorb it, only to realize it wasn't really PARIAH, but a weaker duplicate of it sent as a messenger, a feat that not even mercer could accomplish, but only a natural BLACKLIGHT host could.

Prototype 3: Project PARIAH begins.
>>
Introduce Pariah.
>>
>>383794816
Ignore Prototype 2 completely, hire back the writer team from the first game who set clear sequel hooks that the second game's team of retards completely skipped.

Zeus Alex who developed a conscience now steels himself to face against Pariah, he retains all abilites from the first game and will get more as the game progresses unlike Prototype 2 which had less abilities for no reason.
>>
File: 1234123512.jpg (18KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
1234123512.jpg
18KB, 353x334px
>>383796624
>Asian setting
>>
>>383797195
Leave NYC alone, Lady Liberty needs a rest.
>>
I want it to play like Proto Type 1 movement and ability wise, but give it MGR, or DMC4 styled combat. I wanna be able to do combos with my abilities, while also being able to ground pound from a sky scraper, or snatch a heli out of the air.
>>
>>383797312
Put it in California, or Atlanta, or some Dystopian Metropolis, like Mirrors Edge where everything is white and clean. But the infection makes it red, and organic looking.
>>
>>383794816
Reboot. I hate the feel of the first two based on how they look alone. The gameplay seems so fucking floaty. I'd give it weight and a feeling of impact while maintaining the freedom and sense of exploration. No, I didn't watch streamers or read reviews. I watched gameplay with no commentary.
>>
>>383794816
>How would you do this?
I wouldn't. Everything about alex's power growth and abilities were finished in the first game. Him absorbing soldiers in order to drive and pilot things was cool, but its written the character into a hole.
It should have ended with the first game story wise with no sequels, but that displeases the shareholders so..
>>
>>383797592
Why not reboot the series? Or are you tired of that kinda gameplay?
>>
File: 1497015478829.jpg (108KB, 352x338px) Image search: [Google]
1497015478829.jpg
108KB, 352x338px
>>383797348
>dmc combat
>fluid and cool as fuck movement abilities
>cool city to run around in
>HUEG monsters
it's fucking perfect
>>
>>383797592
Why not just have a new character, that has anti virus themed powers, and you try to cure the city, and kill Mercer in hopes of restoring what's left of NYC?
>>
>>383797592
Except as stated by others, they teases this character called Pariah and left several clues about how scary he is all throughout the game. Thanks to 2 not selling CoD numbers and having a shit story and protagonists we may never get to see this character unless someone who played the first game or one of the orginal devs was put in charge of a reeboot or a seaquel that retcons 2's stupid ending.
>>
>Mercer vs. Pariah
>Corruption mechanics
>A city or cities with territories like the gang zones in San Andreas
>Each zone has a theme and a boss fight at
the end
>Assassin's Creed Brotherhood lieutenants/party mechanics
>Nemesis system
>Set at a point where infection is a certainty your goal is to mold it for the betterment of humanity or bring on the apocalypse.
>Blackwatch/human military remnants as a third party you can ally/corrupt either through brute force or using subterfuge (take over high raking leaders and change their orders, take over scientists working on a cure and modify the formula to fit your goals)
>Alpha Protocol tier choice and consequence as far as the story missions go
>>
>>383798286
>retcons 2's stupid ending.
Heller ripped off Mercer's arms without absorbing them in the ending. Don't even need to retcon anything. Just have to justify the "Gotcha!" moment.
>>
>>383794816
>More vehicles
>Vehicles matter with disguises (soldiers shouldn't drive civilian vehicles, driving a car can help Mercer blend in with civilians, etc.)
>can store multiple disguises, and even disguise self as infected
>branching skill tree
>powers can be combined (whipfist + blade = whip blade, claws + hammerfist = spiked clubs, etc.)
>branching story where you choose to help the military, the infected, or fight both to defend civilians
>bring back unlockable combos
That's all I can think of right now
>>
>yfw OP is a shill looking for ideas for the next Prototype game
>>
>>383794816
Let me play as a slutty virus/monster girl.
>>
File: objectively.png (527KB, 858x1000px) Image search: [Google]
objectively.png
527KB, 858x1000px
First order of business: retcon the comic/sequel as hard as possible

Second order: make game where mercer goes after pariah
>>
>>383798641
I wish I was... because then at least a game would be in the works.
>>
>>383798641
How would that be a bad thing? You could give good ideas.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.