[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>shitty game that everyone hates >Capcom's second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
>shitty game that everyone hates
>Capcom's second best selling game of all time, outsold Street Fighter II

How?
>>
>>383790345
gameplay is fun. controls are solid and gunplay and melee are satisfying

for me, the story is in "so bad its good" tier. its good for a couple laughs

if you dont take it seriously and play with a friend, its a solid 7-7.5/10

also sherry is best girl
>>
Cause it was full of hot girls and the gameplay was top tier, especially Mercenaries.
>>
Brand recognition
Insane production values
Heavily marketed
Made to appeal to the RE movie demographic.

The average joe is a simple person.
>>
the FUCKING logo is a FUCKING GIRAFFE with SHOES on receiving a BLOWJOB from a HUMAN WOMAN and NOBODY TALKS ABOUT THIS

LOOK

IT'S JUST WHAT IT IS

HOW DID THEY GET AWAY WITH A GIRAFFE GETTING A FUCKING BLOWIE AND CALLING IT THE NUMBER 6
>>
>>383790673
>>383790665
>gameplay was top tier
>enemies just absorb damage like sponges with no visible reaction from enemies when you shoot them
>>
>>383790665
>controls are solid
What am I reading.
>>
>>383790952
Hallo Max, wie geht's?
>>
Everything is good with friends i guess.

Still a shitty RE game
>>
>>383790345
Marketing so hard they barely made the money back. Shit had ads everywhere even in movie theatres so every normie got it. Doesn't make the game good.
>>
>>383790345
Who gives a shit when it's $2 though.

humblebundle right now
>>
>>383791283
>Still a shitty RE game
so an RE game?
>>
>>383791697
xd
>>
>>383790345
It's a great game, just not a great RE game, and the story was all over the place.
>>
Fuck off, retard. Mercs is fantastic, especially in coop. Jake is fun as fuck.
>>
>>383791758
>someone who likes RE6 calling anyone else a retard
"just turn your brain off!!!" the game
>>

fake news
>>
>>383790978
Have you ever played a RE game before this?
>>
>>383791820
>random-ass post implying people are retarded because you can't string together a sentence, let alone form an argument
Woah
>>
>>383791951
>this brainlet-tier ability to read
no wonder you like RE6 holy shit
>>
Remove the vehicle sections (fucking atrocious, what were they thinking) and that one section in the Jake/Chris campaign with a huge monster circling a city block, and the game gets hella sweet.

Actually, the part where Jake fights the tank is also pure shit. Remove that too.
>>
>>383790345
It is actually good game with a ton of content.
But with pretty outdated controls too.
>>
>>383791875
back to /pol/
>>
>>383792217

They should have just removed Chris and Jake campaigns completely from the game, and focused on fleshing out the Leon campaign and trying to turn it into something good with all of those resources and $$$.

Because it's the only one that even has a spark of quality in it, at least at the very beginning.

1 good game > 3 bad ones
>>
>>383790345
Marketing and localization methods.
>>
>>383792008
>retard still has no argument and is now just spouting memes
Wow.
>>
>>383791928
You clearly have not. Every RE before 6 have lots of hitstun and staggering from shooting. Even in the early games you pop a few pistol shots to the legs if you need to get past an enemy in a tight corridor without wasting too much ammo. In 6 everything is just a walking stonewall not reacting to anything.
>>
>>383792712
That's wrong. In 6 there's limb targeting which stuns enemies.
>>
>>383792217

There are hints of good ideas in RE6 and the game still manages to be fun in co-op.

But man, are there some utter dogshit design decisions too. The stealth sections, jesus, what were they thinking?
>>
>>383790345
they dropped the price to £20 like 3 weeks after release lmao

It's easily the worst RE game
>>
>>383792380
>>383792887
Yeah, it's the old adage of "too many cooks spoil the broth". I managed to enjoy every campaign to some degree, but they're all very inconsistent in quality throughout.
>>
>>383793207

My thought process while playing the game in co-op goes something like this:

>fuck yeah, RE4/5 gameplay with dives and shit. Seems pretty cool.
>stun locked to death
>glitched into a wall
>stealth section
>driving section
>bullet sponge boss with no hit reactions
>quick time events that result in RSI
>fuck this retarded shit

But yeah, if they just cut the content by like 20 hours and refined what they had, it could have been pretty good.
>>
It's a great game.
>>
Marketing to casuals
>>
>>383793534
Your mistake is in playing any of the fuck awful campaigns.

Just coop mercs.
>>
Decent co-op. Non RE fans liked it.
>>
File: A8Yrl8X[1].png (35KB, 336x117px) Image search: [Google]
A8Yrl8X[1].png
35KB, 336x117px
>>383793534
>if they just cut the content by like 20 hours
Hmm... Well, Nu-DOOM only lasted 17 hours for me and was well worth it.
>>
Hype
How is skyrim one of the best selling games ever?
How is diablo III selling like hotcakes?
Old time fans and previewers hyped it to the other end of galaxy. Hype is what decides what is good and what is not. If gabe one day shits out a massive piece of turd on a CD and says its HL3 you can bet it will have 100/100 metacritic score
>>
>>383790978
Considering the amount of focus I put on melee, that's absolutely 100% not true.
>>
After the fucking train wreck that was 6 RE7 was a step in the right direction and saved RE from being turned into another normie action game. If capcom can improve on what they did and knock it out of the park with RE2 Remake then maybe this series still has a future to look forward to
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.