[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/11/ 15954166/final-fantas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 587
Thread images: 94

File: vj1mM2n.jpg (224KB, 815x687px) Image search: [Google]
vj1mM2n.jpg
224KB, 815x687px
>https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/11/15954166/final-fantasy-14-stormblood-the-royal-menagerie
>“I'm not saying subjectively right or wrong that The Royal Menagerie (end of SB story mode trial) should be nerfed, but objectively it screams nerf,” reads the opening post of a lengthy thread on the trial. “[Square Enix] can't have an instance at that difficulty as a part of story mode because it's going to gate people from content (same logic behind Steps of Faith). They will lose subs otherwise and it's bad for business.”

Why is FFXIV fanbase so bad?
>>
Almost every mechanic is dodgeable. These guys must be brqindead retarded not to learn from mistakes.

But this is the current mindset everyone has. Instead of improving yourself, complain until you ruin it for everybody else.
>>
>>383781952
Fuck final steps.
Anyways it will be nerfed eventually
>>
>gating people from content that are more punishing anyway
???
Shinny is a huge shitter check, but it's just every HM primal mechanic you've seen in the game back-to-back
I mean I wouldn't want a person who hasn't cleared it in Susan EX or Omega desu
>>
>/v/ thinks Third Eye is bad
I always knew you guys were shitters but come the fuck on
>>
>>383782171
Omega is easier than Susano EX though.
>>
>>383781952

Could you imagine them trying to play an older MMO like FFXI?

Good lord they wouldn't even be able to find their way out of the starter town much less do endgame content.
>>
Steps of Faith only needed nerfs because it has no mercy kill mechanic so when people were fucking up badly it was just a lost run that you had to wait to play out like a train wreck in slow motion; that, and it's hard for most of the people participating to feel like they're doing much of anything anyhow.

Shinryu is punishing a lot of shitty players but it's got decent feedback and if a run is in the toilet it's always easy to kill it to start over. It maybe has a touch too much health for the current average ilvl but honestly the difficulty is fine.
>>
>>383782205
It is.
3% is nothing if werent for that ogcd you wouldnt even use it
>>
>>383782140
>there is people still trying to get their kill on Susano Ex and Lakshimi EX
Think about it anon
>>
>>383781952
This trial w
>>
File: 1499580915069.jpg (1MB, 900x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1499580915069.jpg
1MB, 900x1100px
>>383781952
Do you think XIV threads will stop getting deleted/autosaged if our thread OP and chatter is more specific to an issue/aspect of the game rather than something broad like >>383757670?
>>
The game needs more player-intelligence checks like this, but not as part of the main story. They should be solo-duties that prevent interaction with endgame.
Making Stone/Sky/Sea mandatory to queue for a trial would be a good start.
>>
>>383782398
The heal is good too. It is because of the two abilities tied to it, but, honestly, every part of SAM's kit is basically perfect. There's nothing they could add in 5.0.

That said, I said the same thing about NIN going into 4.0
>>
>>383782205
5% is nothing. if something's designed to kill you, it's going to kill you through third eye. if it doesn't kill you, a healer will just bring you back up. shit like Charybdis where you would appreciate merciful eyes just straight up don't proc it at all. there are way too few instances where the 5% would make a difference. i can count the number of times i'm actually saved by it on one hand: taking two levinstrikes in a row and getting hit by the chanchala'd marker

for all the effort to reduce redundant skills why is seigan even its own button when it's clearly an upgraded shinten?
>>
>>383782486
As long as the thread keeps to the topic and doesn't devolve in /vg/ lite without avatarfagging
>>
>>383781952
Tell it to
>>>/vg/
>>
File: 1492061275578.jpg (73KB, 352x392px) Image search: [Google]
1492061275578.jpg
73KB, 352x392px
>>383782594
>Seigan is clearly an upgraded Shinten
This might as well be the OF for all the good that comes out of these threads at this point.
>>
>>383781952
>implying the hardest part of FFXIV isn't deciding on your glamour and how to use your fantasia
>>
>>383782667
>an ogcd [potency] skill with better damage:gauge ratio
try to argue it isn't
>>
>>383782516
I agree with SSS being mandatory, especially now that you can DF EX. Yoshi is always afraid to inconvenience casuals, yet that just means good players are punished and have to play with shitty people. One group will always suffer, but people should be pushed to get better if they have any intention to mingle with the rest in end game content.
>>
>>383781952
>tfw never look up dungeon guides and get my ass carried
Oh well
>>
File: truly.jpg (13KB, 253x238px) Image search: [Google]
truly.jpg
13KB, 253x238px
>Save the hard shit for post/side content. Make story mode manageable for a wide audience. It’s not hurting anyone that way. People are saying that people need stop being "entitled" to content catered to casuals yet ignore they are saying they are entitled to content that’ catered to hardcores. FF14 isn’t surviving (and flourishing) because of hardcore players. It’s casual players that keep the game alive. Look at WoW versus other "hardcore" mmo’s. Numbers aren’t even in the same realm.

Remember when FFXIV idiots kept saying that P2P games were better because devs never had to worry about monetization when designing content?
>>
is it possible to pug savage? Im too antisocial to get into a static
>>
>>383782404
there is only one I in Lakshmi
>>
>>383782740
It's precisely because it's tied to another move with its own mechanic that makes it its own, better move, that's not just an upgrade. Especially since it has a more difficult requirement to use.
>>
When and how do I join an active FC to play together with? I got added to one while going through MSQ and it doesn't seem very active, only like 2-3 guys talking occasionally
>>
>>383782776
If you can't figure out a dungeon/boss after one death tops you're shit anyway
>>
>>383782780
>story mode meme
Back in my day if you weren't good enough for the game you would not SEE the rest of the story.
>>
>>383782919
if you proc open eyes the next ogcd you want to use will be seigan, not shinten. at that point you might as well replace the shinten button for the duration of open eyes
>>
It'll get nerfed. But not until a year or so from now.
>>
File: DDkLqbUUIAAdJKO.jpg large.jpg (104KB, 777x1301px) Image search: [Google]
DDkLqbUUIAAdJKO.jpg large.jpg
104KB, 777x1301px
>>383782835
>is it possible to pug savage
Yes, but it's pure torture. Don't do it.
No really, don't.

>>383782757
Yep, pretty much. If there were a way to punish the bottomfeeders I would like that as well, but that isn't feasible. Best thing to do is implement competency-checks, because really, if you can't kill a striking dummy with no mechanics going out, what business have you joining a farm- or even learning party?
>>
>>383782776
Fuck looking up dungeon guides. You should learn mechanics by playing the game and people should be more willing to stop for 60 seconds to explain particularly tricky bits if need be.
>>
File: actual rpg boss.png (65KB, 256x212px) Image search: [Google]
actual rpg boss.png
65KB, 256x212px
>>383782140
>Almost every mechanic is dodgeable.
This crap is why I'm sick of themeparks.

I thought this game would be different when I pulled Caduceus for the first time and two seconds later I was half dead.

Whatever happened to bosses that were hard because they hit hard, and not because they spam mechanics at you non-stop?
>>
>>383783006
You could make that argument about a lot of moves though. Why not replace Kyuten with Guren every 120s? Why not just drop having 3 stage combos for the two combos there are and give you both the sen and and the buff for the second? Why even have Kaiten when you could just buff the potency of your Iaijutsu by 50%, because you should never use it on regular moves.

This only works in PvP because, lag and latency aside, positioning and footsies in PvP plays a far bigger role than in PvE
>>
File: 1494082199583.png (503KB, 587x522px) Image search: [Google]
1494082199583.png
503KB, 587x522px
>>383782739
>Settled on a gyaru-themed Miqo'te
>Changing glamour weekly
Fashion (Savage) is the true end game!
>>
>>383783085
What's so good about bosses that hit hard, really? How is "it's a constant tankbuster" not just another mechanic, even?
>>
>>383783085
>Whatever happened to bosses that were hard because they hit hard
these are boring as fuck because they can be solved with gear and button spam
but sure, susanoo ex is one. it's mechanically simpler than royal menagerie but cause people to shit themselves constantly
>>
>>383783167
Because it makes you run for loot to survive, like these games should be.
>>
>>383783207
>MMOs should be an (even more) stale ass gear treadmill of getting gear so you don't just die
ok dude
>>
>>383783207
>Survival based on loot rather than player skill
>Is somehow better
Apply bleach orally
>>
its difficult for people just getting to 70 and pugging but thats the way it should be, why are people scared of challenge? go back to WoW
>>
>>383783260
Not him, but it's an RPG. Loot and level should triumph past a certain point.
>>
File: 1497697275744.png (44KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1497697275744.png
44KB, 658x662px
>>383783085
>>383783207
>i cant perform my rotation while doing mechanics - the post
>>
File: Ala Mhigo.jpg (554KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ala Mhigo.jpg
554KB, 1920x1080px
>the shittiest parts of occupied Ala Mhigo looks better than the best parts of Ul'dah
Empire did nothing wrong.
>>
>>383783207
>tfw your favourite game is a calculator
>>
File: 04.jpg (408KB, 1280x1848px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
408KB, 1280x1848px
>>383783085
>Spamming big numbers at big numbers is more challenging than mechanical skill
>>
>>383783121
kyuten cannot be replaced with guren because guren requires more kenki, has a different coverage and can be used from a distance. meanwhile if you can use shinten, you WILL be able to use seigan and if you can use seigan you will always use it over shinten
giving you both the sen and the buff on the second would clearly fuck up your iaijutsu. a simple example is doing the kasha combo, then refreshing jinpu for higanbana without turning it into tenka goken instead
although you always use kaiten with iaijutsu, it's directly related to gauge management. if you fuck up positionals in the opener you will delay your boosted higanbana/midare applications
>>
File: 1499586187757.jpg (37KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499586187757.jpg
37KB, 854x480px
>>383781952
>Having trouble with Shinryuu
Shouldn't it take more effort to fuck up compared to playing normally and get good?
>>
File: PSO2 vs DQX vs FF14.jpg (161KB, 520x1250px) Image search: [Google]
PSO2 vs DQX vs FF14.jpg
161KB, 520x1250px
>>383783167
>How is "it's a constant tankbuster" not just another mechanic, even?
Because numbers are basic RPG shit that leads to interesting gameplay in every single battle content without resorting to autistic spreadsheets and youtube guides

>tanks need STR to hold aggro but they also want VIT to survive
>DPS must beat the damage checks but have to be aware of their aggro
>healers must heal just enough to keep the tank alive while also not drawing aggro

Both TBC and 2.0 worked like this, they should've kept it.
>>
>>383783149
kill yourself my man
>>
>>383783085
Bosses that hit hard is artificial difficulty
Literally heal whack a mole game
Try to run T9 to this day, even unsync, with randoms
Most of the time you'll fail
And it was designed with lvl 50 players in mind
>>
>>383783085
As silly as big numbers for the sake of big numbers is (see T4) there is a lot of value to be had in content designed around a strict gear level. Caduceus is a great example, you can do T1 with ilvl60 gear, but he hits like a fucking freight train, everyone shits their pants when he splits and the second one hits just as hard, and there are actual add-mechanics the DPS had to deal with since you couldn't just power through it with damage skipping everything.

Launch - early 2.1 first coil was fucking amazing (sans obvious problems like Warrior balance and Twister being functionally broken due to latency), and the power creep on gear has ruined anything it used to offer aside from T5, which has seemingly informed the devs that instant death mechanics are the only way to make a lasting difficulty, so they're everywhere now.
>>
>>383782516

I agree, add extra shit to story quests to teach shitters early on that they are the goddamn WoL and need to play like one.

Titan hard is a good example, like 95% of new players to this fight either fall off or die to easily avoidable mechanics. It's late enough in the game that you shouldn't have any excuses about not knowing how shit works, so slap an extra criteria on the quest like:

>Defeat Titan (Hard) in the duty finder without falling off the platform or taking x damage from avoidable sources.

Have shit like this every so often and I bet your ass the playerbase will make an effort to improve.
>>
File: IMG_5560.gif (43KB, 560x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5560.gif
43KB, 560x582px
Just got to Stormblood and all I have to say is

>That new Quest Complete jingle
>>
File: 1498495492142.png (383KB, 686x897px) Image search: [Google]
1498495492142.png
383KB, 686x897px
>>383783650
Nah, too many video games.
>>
cleared that shit first try, everyone was super happy. would not have been as cool a moment if it had been a total cakewalk (which it actually is, but people are just shitters)
>>
>>383783647
>numbers
>interesting gameplay
Sounds to me you're too mentally basic to handle and prepare for things beyond a simple, unchanging "get the numbers up" game, family
>>
I've watched dozens of pubbies sail right the fuck off the platform after Diamond Dust, after a huge cast time, a reminder in chat to DON'T MOVE, and having seen the mechanic before because they already wiped.

Is it really that hard to not ping-pong around the arena on a boss that doesn't even have flanks to hit? The only major forced movement thing that even happens in the middle of other attacks is the chain.

Also, I'd like people to stop stacking in the very center of the middle tile and then getting crushed by the tail and the slam attack.
>>
>>383783647
>Because numbers are basic RPG shit that leads to interesting gameplay in every single battle content without resorting to autistic spreadsheets and youtube guides

Basically no fights require "spreadsheets". The diagrams you've posted are 100% due to JP autism where they want standartized ways to deal with everything. Absolute most mechanics in this game are stand here, don't stand there, spread, stack. That's it. They tried mechanics that you need spreadsheets to understand and it led to downward spike of participation so they're not doing that anymore. If you remove that the game will become super boring because there's nothing difficult about basic numbers.
>>
File: Bertliana.jpg (820KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bertliana.jpg
820KB, 1920x1080px
Fucking feels.
>>
>>383783875
I've slid off twice now because of my idiot habit to cancel casts by moving.
>>
Has anyone done A8S farm at 70?

How much of the fight do you outright skip/push past with current dps numbers? I know a ton of shit is still instadeath, but I'm wondering how much of said shit you actually end up having to deal with compared to when it was current.
>>
The only "cheesy" thing about Shinyu is the tidal splash at the start. If you haven't done Leviathan before, you don't have a clue what's going on. Fight is pretty easy though, I hope to god they don't nerf it.
>>
>>383783795
>pick up 20 quests in a row
>that jingle over and over

my god

the sb combat music is super good, awesome jap feel to it
>>
SKIP SOAR OR DISBAND
>>
>>383783852
Funny you say that considering FF14 raids and trials are nothing more than Simon says.

The bosses doent even fucking change up their rotation. Its always predictable what the boss does because its always the same.
>>
>>383783954
>If you haven't done Leviathan before
Isn't it MSQ mandatory to run Leviathan?
>>
>>383783954
>leviathan splash is a "get the fuck away" indicator
>shinryu splash is a "stack here" indicator
>>
>>383783954
its gonna get 'nerfed' automatically over time because more and more people with better equipment will join it in trial duty
>>
>>383783672
>artificial difficulty
Just what I thought when wiping to her Divebombs and having to go through 10 minutes before seeing it again.

That's such a ridiculous grind that soured my whole experience with raiding, ergo me making that post. DPSing her wasn't hard, she didn't hit hard outside of Bahamut Claw and Beak, and at that point aggro was non-existant. So the only thing left was the various degrees of simon says.
>>
>>383783954
You fucking *have* to do Leviathan for the story. Also if anything in the world says 'push' it's a skill called Tidal Wave. And then you hear the loud water noise, look around for half a second and see a giant water spout, and your brain should connect the dots in the 10 second cast time.

It's shocking to me that people have played the game long enough to reach Shinryu and can't make that common sense connection that quickly. Unless you're a healer because it's seemingly common for them to not focus target the boss or pay attention to their casts and just tunnel the tank's hp. It's retarded but I at least get why they might die.
>>
>>383783795
>That new Quest Complete jingle
HW jingle was better
>>
>>383782594
Count how many times you use Seigen in a fight on average. Now, count how many times you use Shinten in a fight on average.
Seigen can't be spammed, has a prerequisite on top of a resource cost, and sometimes isn't the best option for spending an Open Eyes proc. If Seigen will take you below a suitable amount of Kenki, it's not worth using because you always want at least 10 Kenki at all times after your opener.
>>
>>383781952
>buh buh buh I pay muh SUB
>mum can you fight this dragon for me, it's too hard!
fuckin die in a fire shitter faggots
>>
File: 1499125234166.jpg (6KB, 223x225px) Image search: [Google]
1499125234166.jpg
6KB, 223x225px
ayo hol up

so you sayin I cant queue with a friend for the feast? is there a way around this?
>>
>>383783795
Everytime I hear it I get an overwhelming urge to salute. It's pretty good.
>>
>>383784063
as a healer I always put the boss on focus target first thing because it's so much easier to precast things when I know what the fuck the boss is doing next
>>
>>383784063
As >>383784042 pointed, most of the time, when something spawns and generates an ominous noise, you're supposed to get the fuck away from it, not embrace it
It's really counter-intuitive and one of these mandatory "Die to this once" to get the trick
>>
>>383784019
Even if the pattern of mechanics is the same every time, each mechanic needs to be handled a different way. Different strategies, different attacks, same order.
Meanwhile the solution to big numbers is driving your own numbers up. Same strategy, different attacks.
>>
File: Yoshidasan.jpg (21KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
Yoshidasan.jpg
21KB, 594x334px
i hope i dont see any of you unsubing soon my game has a lot of content so you will need to stay subed to see it all.
>>
Leveling a healer, is it me or is there a massive damage spike between Shisui and Bardam's Mettle?

Ever since I started farming it all my tanks have been taking a fuckton of damage on standard pulls, I don't know if they are just shit and don't use CDs or have bad gear but I end up using a CD every pull on single packs. It barely gives me any time to dot up targets or send out some aoes because of how much damage the tank is taking.
>>
File: t9_DBs.png (41KB, 685x872px) Image search: [Google]
t9_DBs.png
41KB, 685x872px
>>383784057
>Divebombs are artificial difficulty hurf durf
Also bullshit she didn't hit hard. In relevant gear (~i100) she hit and meant it.
>>
>>383783085
you are literally the problem with the playerbase of this game
go fuck off to another game
>>
>>383784192
bardams mettle is unironically harder than deltascape
>>
>>383784063
>>383784051
Sure it's part of the story, and sure you can make connections to the skills if you've been playing for awhile.

But I leveled a new char this last month on a new server, you know what I did for leviathan? I pretty much afkd. You don't learn anything about the mechanics or what to do, you get carried because you get people from trial roulette who get sync down to outgear it.
>>
>>383781952
People should really learn how to get good.
>>
>>383784102
Objectively incorrect. The jingle that plays when you pick up a quest isn't as good as HW, but the one that plays when you complete a quest is godlike.
>>
>>383784179
Nigga what the fuck is a tidal wave gonna do? Pull you towards it? That'd be called Rip Tide which I hope to fucking god Extreme Shinryu opens with

>>383784223
Leviathan's pretty much irrelevant to the conversation anyways aside from 'tidal wave = water' considering his spout just signifies that's the side of the boat he's going to slam, meaning to get away from it rather than it generating a knock back.
>>
>>383784192
Just finished leveling AST as my first healer this week. The damage goes way the fuck up in Bardam's, and I was fully geared in the Shisui dungeon items. Though, I don't remember being too hard to heal when I tanked my way through it. So probably a combination of both bad tanks and a damage spike.
>>
>>383783949
It's feasible to push phase 1 so hard that you don't see Steam Gaskets at all. First Intermission is basically a guaranteed skip unless half the party is dead and a good group is guaranteed to clear before J-Storm.
You still have to deal with the vast majority of the fight's mechanics though. Gotta do the entire robot attack phase, all of second intermission, all of gavel and depending on DPS, most or all of the final phase.
>>
4.05 when?
>>
>>383784118

You can do 1-2 for 8 on 8 Feast, but that's all.

Bro Op only. 4 on 4 Feast is strictly solo because PvP wouldn't be balanced if you could actually strategize, apparently.
>>
>>383784180
I enjoy unpredictabilty of a boss more than Simon says. Thordan Ex was an abomination despite the fight itself being great from a thematic standpoint.
>>
>>383783647
It's still like that though
Just the other day I tore aggro off the tank in Delta 2.0 as SAM
>>
>>383784186
>1 dungeon
>1 rehashed trial
Nice try
>>
File: 017641.png (921B, 24x32px) Image search: [Google]
017641.png
921B, 24x32px
>>383784291
Damage you? Crush and stun you? Dropsy debuff you?
There's plenty of things a tidal wave could do, most if not all of the "push" mechanics were wind-oriented and looked like tornadoes, there's no obvious reason as to why a water-based move would behave like a wind move
>>
File: 1495888190082.png (1MB, 919x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1495888190082.png
1MB, 919x1037px
>Hurrdurr but its easy
But it clearly isn't. There are plenty of shitters who can't dodge crap, the kind of shitters you avoid in EX primals. There is a reason normal modes are so easy, so people can get them done with braindead roulette types.

I shouldn't be gated from finishing the MSQ because I have to rely on braindead shitters. It was the same issue Steps of Faith had. Good players don't make up for most of a party being bad, so crying about "Hurrdurr its easy just dodge" is retarded, people are not going to magically get better because you whine about it.

Literally the same issue with socialism. It works in theory but there is a reason why in reality it doesn't.
>>
File: 1318839876400.png (240KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1318839876400.png
240KB, 480x358px
>>383784186
>that blatant grab at keeping people subbed during the dead months between 4.0 and 4.1 that is the Falcon mount promotion
>>
>>383784443
It'll be adjusted soon.
>>
>>383784063
>It's shocking to me
It isn't to me, the game is retard proof, you can get carried in most content, so people never get better.
>>
I just beat shinryu today

It needs to stay as hard as it is. It's a primal more powerful than bahamut merged with the most powerful adversary we have ever faced.

It being that hard but beatable made it that much more enjoyable, and actually "Final boss" worthy
>>
>>383784574
>forgetting the Savage raid releasing next week.
>>
File: 10_b_5153714.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
10_b_5153714.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>>383784574
havent see a single person with it yet
>>
>run into mob in pvp
>I die
>they all stand around and look at corpse in an eerie fashion

I know bots in pvp is nothing new but they should really fix this shit
>>
Is it worth coming back into the game? I quite just before HW because I was bored of the repetitive endgame.
>>
File: 7da22c946526981d46cb79aea2b61eaa.jpg (149KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
7da22c946526981d46cb79aea2b61eaa.jpg
149KB, 850x1100px
>>383784362
>>383784218
>>383784192
Yes, it's a difficulty spike. The last boss in particular seems to absolutely shit out damage for some reason.

I think it is just a straight numbers things, but under-geared tanks are an issue too. I think it's the first dungeon where """good""" Heavensward gear stops being effective. I keep getting tanks in shire gear and shit that get their ass handed to them. I had a fucking DRK in full GARO gear have the audacity to tell me my healing needed to get better.
>>
>>383784442
>I enjoy unpredictabilty of a boss more than Simon says
Every single boss in XIV has been "simon says" as you'd describe it. Every single boss in XIV has had a set pattern of attacks that they follow to the letter. Said patterns are either changed or expanded when entering a new phase of the fight.
There is no degree of randomness to boss attack patterns, the only degree of randomness that exists comes from who is chosen for what mechanic, and even then it's usually guaranteed to be X role, or Y role, or Z role.
XIV is not the game for you.
>>
>>383784638
Most players don't do savage content, SE wants to keep as many people subbed as possible, not just the percentage that actually do savage.
>>
>>383784529
And earth moves usually put heavy and a DOT on you, yet Landslide still shoves you off a cliff. Skill names and context shouldn't just be entirely ignored.

I agree that it is not something that literally everyone should get instantly, but I still feel like it's a fairly common sense thing that players should've expected after having seen every other fight the game requires of you on the way to Shinryu. It was also a solid move to put it immediately at the beginning so you learn it and move on even if you fuck up.
>>
>>383784442
And not even a numbers game would give you unpredictability. What are you trying to argue for?
Susanoo EX introduced unpredictability to great effect by tying attacks to the placements of a random cloud, a boss that is tanked differently for every group and a person. It's becoming less of a simon says game than before.
>>
JUST BEAT THAT LEVEL 70 NIN QUEST
when kurasu JOINS you to fight and he has the 4th mudra mastered
>>
>Boss literally has no hard enrage
>5 jobs can now combat res
>Shinryuu
>Hard
>>
>>383784574
It's actually just a replacement for the veteran rewards, because someone joining now will have like four years of subtime to accrue before getting them all, and if they kept with it they'd never catch up.

This is better.

Though the rewards are pretty dumb anyway.
>>
>>383784694
ADS and Dhorme Chimera were randomized.
>>
>>383784694
>XIV is not the game for you
You are right, I'm shackled by the game with my FC wanting to raid Savage content.
>>
>>383781952
>polygon
>>
>>383784803
>ADS
>Day 1 dhorne chimera

What a shit show those were
>>
early level blm here (lvl 30) when should i be using transpose
>>
>>383784694
Not everything is a 100% set rotation. Exdeath and Shinryu have parts in their rotation where they do an attack, but what the attack happens to choose out of a grab bag of like 6 moves is random. It ain't much but it's there.
>>
>>383784781
What if every blue piece is broken and you get hit by cyclone?
>>
>>383784876
Spam fire 1 til you run out of mp transpose, cast blizzard 1 until full mp, transpose.

>>383784879
That doesn't happen
>>
>>383784741
GW1 did numbers and had bosses that mixed up their skills to keep you on your toes.

Shiro and the Lich are a great example of a challenging bossfight without making it boring.
>>
>>383784871
ADS taught me just how many people are incapable of counting to 5
>>
>>383784803
No, they weren't. T1 ADS followed a rotation, just like Dhorme Chimera and every single other boss in the game. There's a reason why tank and healer min-maxing involves mapping out a precise rotation of mitigation cooldowns. When a specific thing always happens in a specific way at a specific time in a fight, it can be planned around.

>>383784878
Exdeath and Shinryu still always perform "a" mechanic at a specific time in the fight. Whether it's Void Fire instead of Void Blizzard or Aerial Blast instead of Hellfire, it's still a mechanic occurring at the same point in a fight every time.
>>
>>383784924
Numbers do nothing to give a boss unpredictability. It's the way it's designed.
>>
>>383784668
You have 5 days left of the welcome back campaign to try.
>>
>>383784997
Do you stop reading at the first three words of every post or why do you continue to ride on just damage numbers?>>383784997
>>
>>383785023
7 days
>>
>>383785080
Because the argument from all the way the fuck up there was "hurr durr BIG numbers are better". Why do you just dick into a middle of a conversation?
>>
>>383781952
Nerf PLD
>>
>>383785247
Why do you continue riding on just damage numbers when the discussion forked away into another way? Is your idea of a discussion stagnancy when all was said and done?
>>
>>383785262
Nerf yoshi.
>>
I play with fucking 400 ping and I didn't die once, Git gud
>>
>>383785262
Mad ____ player
>>
>>383784414
next maintenance
>>
>>383784684
>I had a fucking DRK in full GARO gear
I'm having a seriously hard time believing this because at that point they'd be nowhere near the required ilvl.
>>
>>383784414
18th. They will chat about it on the 15th
>>
>>383785364
You attempted to fork the discussion into another direction and was promptly addressed in >>383784180. The only thing that's the same in XIV is the order of attacks. I'm repeating myself here on a point you haven't managed to refute.

If you're the original autist >>383783085 then you're just moving the goalpost because you're losing the argument.
>>
>still getting full alliances at the deadest time of the day
I hope this never goes away.
>>
>>383785247
That anon is right though, collective jump the rope grown to be the biggest cancer of mmos. Especially if it involves big number of people. BnS did that shit the best in the start by the way, as pretty much all end game content was for 4 people party, then ncsoft went full retard and added full on 24 ppl raids.
>>
File: 1472319838071.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472319838071.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>383785721
>half of them are bots
>>
File: falcon.png (28KB, 973x350px) Image search: [Google]
falcon.png
28KB, 973x350px
>>383784653
i don't think it's even out yet

>* There is a possibility that the item may become obtainable through other means in the future.
>>
>>383785721
NEET never sleep.
>>
has anyone met their significant other through this game
>>
>>383785804
I still have my goobbue mount, I don't need anything else.
>>
>>383785893
yeah of course, you hear stores like that all the time

many are wary though

>chances are its a guy
>if it is a girl chances are they are damaged or overweight
>>
>>383785751
i don't see it being an issue in a multiplayer game desu. right off the bat it's more varied than just jacking your numbers up too
>>
Rhalgar's Reacharound is so boring, fuck. Maybe it'll grow on me but I doubt I'll be a fan of this hub area and it looks like I'm stuck with it for a while.
>>
>>383781952
Fucking christ. All you need to do is PAY ATTENTION and MOVE. On the other hand, since Menagerie is a compilation of many past primal skills, it low-key acts like a shitter check for MSQ/level-boosted shitters and I'm happy for that.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (178KB, 904x882px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
178KB, 904x882px
>>383785893
>buying gf
>>
>>383785974
well i ask because i met my ex through WoW but I feel like its near impossible to in this game
>>
>tfw they've stopped doing "growing zones" like mor dhona and idle shire
>Still won't get 3 dungeons per patch
>>
>>383786086
they will do something with Ala Mhigo since there's an aether crystal with nothing there.
>>
>>383786002
It's probably my favourite end game so far, from the music to the visuals to the layout.

Idyllshire had amazing progression but was garbage otherwise.
>>
How do Dragoons jump so high?
>>
>>383786194
Ala Mhigo isn't really broken down at all, though.
>>
How long is HW compared to ARR + its patches?
>>
>>383786086
Maybe they'll use the razed residential district instance in Doma for the . You can still go back there by boat, there's just no real reason right now.
>>
>>383786086
>tfw they've stopped doing "growing zones" like mor dhona and idle shire
What? Who said this?
>>
>>383786434
The same way other classes do fantastical shit, channeling aether.
>>
>>383785994
It sucks out most of rpg out of mmorpg. Your character becomes mostly irrelevant while most of the shit to actually deal with requires your own reflexes, spatial awareness and so on. Sure that shit was always there to some degree, but with how mechanic heavy and number light everything becomes it feels more and more jarring. Basically you don't sense your progression as a character mattering unless you have rl skills for it, and that's honestly not what rpg games were ever about.

As a side thing you also have a lot of people who just can't into mechanics for some reason and with sheer amount of people getting sucked into mmos they will be in your party and will ruin your shit up unless you play with your clique only. In BnS it was the answer, in XIV not so much, as it is a lot harder to get 8 half competent people to do all the content with, even more so in games with bigger raids, like in wow or w*.
>>
>>383786434

The real question is why can't they jump high when it matters?

Fuck your ninja flip onto a goddamn rooftop while wearing a dress, Ser Charibert. I had every right to catch your smirking ass with the business end of my fucking pike. JUMPING HIGH TO ESCAPE A DRAGOON IS NOT A VALID TACTIC.
>>
>>383786678
*nods*
>>
>>383786590
the canon explanation for lala tanks
>>
>>383786651
yet doing it the opposite way sucks the multiplayer out of it
i don't see reflexes and spatial awareness requirements being a bad thing even if TRADITIONALLY rpg games were about number crunching. i find the latter simplistic and boring and i could always pick up an old rpg if i ever feel the urge. i prefer seeing my personal skill grow regardless of the genre
>>
>>383783050
>pic

If only the game allowed such variation instead of autistic faces
>>
but how does thancred do crazy ninja jumps and teleports without aether?
>>
>>383786575
It was always the final area of the story that got changed, the only thing there is rhalgrs reacharound, they won't change rhalgrs reacharound because people will be earlier in the story than others and it wont work.
>>
>>383787216
he did a training montage
>>
>reacharound
phoneposters everybody
>>
I think they should fire a person who does scripts for WAR and BRD storylines
>>
>>383785567
I just put on a full GARO set and it let me queue
>>
>>383787123
>yet doing it the opposite way sucks the multiplayer out of it
Not really, all depends on game design, most early mmos were pretty much numbers games and it worked, in some better than the others, but still. And as far as multiplayer goes many people still praise their community and woldbuilding design decisions over the current ones, even on /v/ we have almost daily old mmo nostalgia threads.
>>
>>383787361
WAR storyline was retarded silly.
>the power of love
>hey I need to control the inner beast so even if my dick was craving you and you want it I shall cockblock myself.
>>
Will anything bad happen to Hoary Boulder
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
>>383787313
Except >>383787248 was me, fag boi
>>
>>383787584
Alimony.
>>
is she just gonna take both boulders at once
>>
>>383787729
>>383787584
>Phone posters who can't reply to posts
>>
Should i save all my Tomes of Poetic?
>>
>>383787584
His brother will fuck that horny hyur before him.
>>
>>383787791
Yes I can
>>
>>383787791
what
>>
>>383787567
>You get Inner Release for that
>>
>>383787361
holy fuck bard story was a snoozefest
>>
>>383785893
Yes, I met you. You'll come round eventually.

>>383787795
Save them for what?
>>
>>383787361
>tfw DRK story
>>
>>383784178
This
Focusing the boss enables you to push more dps because you know exactly when damage is coming and to whom. I've come to a conclusion that shit healers just stare at the party list and don't actually pay attention to incoming mechanics
>>
>>383781952
At this point SE needs to just make FFXVII be a Diablo clone with the job system, since that's literally what people want XIV to be; just mindless grinding with a bit of story and lots of loot to horde and feel important for glamour purposes.

The entire purpose of that fight was due to the same people bitching how easy Thordan was in 3.0 for MSQ final boss, and now they get what they want and they don't want it since they're nowhere near as good as they hyped themselves up, in the same expansion that repeatedly has their godly charcter having their ass kicked regularly by the guy behind the final boss.
>>
File: 1496521121818.jpg (8KB, 207x181px) Image search: [Google]
1496521121818.jpg
8KB, 207x181px
>want to show legacy mark
>only gear that shows it is slut glam
>>
>>383788068
>Tfw can't move the legacy mark to make it show in the lower back
Shit tattoo.
>>
>>383787361
I don't think any job quest can top the tasteless, bland garbage that was WHM quests.

I wish they fucked off with the elementals shit, it has zero player agency and the characters involved are the blandest shit. Let me be a life mage, let me dive into Amdapori history, holy shit anything but this "I sense elemental farts in the wind" garbage.
>>
>>383788272
Amdapori history is proof white mages are evil. Go fuck yourself t. Scholar.
>>
>>383783647
I completely disagree, jump the rope mechanics are infinitely better than standard numbers play.
Otherwise it would just be everyone doing their rotation and healers healing
>>
>>383788303
t. disgusting green goblin
>>
>>383784924
I miss it
>>
>>383787908
I was kinda expecting a story where WoL would be pushed to the limits to a breaking point with his Inner Beast and then learn to control it. Not that shit, I'm still mad.
>>
I can't believe the sb sch quest was a love story between a lala and a tonberry
>>
>>383788303
That's a fun story to tell, though. Nature/life mages being evil, it'd tie in nicely to 3.x's statement that too much good (light) is also a bad thing.

Also, I'm an AST, go back to your containment palace.
>>
>>383788628
an animal is it's strongest when it's fighting for sex so that checks out
>>
>>383781952
>when you do your expert and not one but two dps are lv.70 with lv.69 and below weapons and no 70 ability or the 290 gear it gives.

fuck off.
>>
>>383788709
Well it was actually George controlling his dick. WoL was the guy telling him to "bee yourself"
>>
File: 1499026348066.gif (70KB, 296x335px) Image search: [Google]
1499026348066.gif
70KB, 296x335px
My group wiped twice and then we figured it out and won, and I had a blast.

Thought that was how things are supposed to go.
>>
Is X|V the Darks Soul of MMOJRPG?
>>
>>383781952

MMOs were a mistake
>>
people whining about the game being awful because you have to dodge shit instead of standing still pressing buttons all day, like how is this shit difficult for you?
mother-fuckers with missing limbs can play ffxiv if dodging AOEs is too much for you then cut off your hands because you obviously don't deserve them
>>
what is the sam rotation/opener?

or is it more of like a priority system?
>>
Stupid fight is basically a mechanic check but stupid netflix women 0 dps healers just drop to every mechanic I can clear easy if I heal it but if I tank it am at the mercy of everyone else. I may start dropping my ilvl.
>>
File: 1499055340200.png (2MB, 663x2707px) Image search: [Google]
1499055340200.png
2MB, 663x2707px
tfw no qt brown cat to impregnate
>>
>bring my BRD to susan normal
>die to rasen kaikyo without even seeing it
Holy FUCK how do you NOT get severe tunnel vision with this job? A ton of its skills have fast as fuck recasts, procs everywhere, you have to keep track of the straight shot buff, the poisons and any possible party status ailments, you have to glance at the MP gauge more often since Foe Requiem is less fire and forget now.
Also Mage's Ballad should make that SWOOSH sound whenever a BL reset happens and I almost miss Raging Strike's old recast time desu
>>
>>383789303
>fuck catgirl wife and have catgirl children
living the dream
>>
Anyone else just go afk at the 2nd boss of bardam's mettle?
>>
>>383789412
I tried to play brd on a dummy yesterday, what a fucking complicated rotation/opener that is. It's ridiculous. It's MCH 3.X levels of complicated if not more so due to having to watch literally 4 things at once.
>>
>>383782835
getting your first susano or lakshmi kill is gonna be hard, but once you get duty completion, farm groups tend to go smoothly and you can get 4-5 kills in an hour.
>>
>>383789412
>>383789517
Don't be a shitter?

>>383789484
You get bonus EXP the better you perform in that "fight".
>>
So what's next?
5.0 is obviously Rome, and then 6.0 is the Void.

And then XVII will come out and we'll all become the jaded asshats for XIV like XI's were.
>>
>>383789303
This was a nice little questline, casually shown that both sides of the war are basically fed propaganda at all times, with the Alliance/Resistance believing all Garleans are Zenos tier monsters, and Garlean conscripts being convinced that they'd be killed rather than taken prisoner by any opposing force since everyone's savages.

And of course Baut pretty much confirming that life under the empire changes drastically depending on who happens to be governing any particular area.

Only really annoying part about it being that the WoL could have at any point just said to any character, "Hi I'm the Warrior of Light, and Baut's a good guy," resolving the issue entirely. Or just "They don't kill prisoners. I just caught a guy who literally made mustard gas and tested it on prisoners like 2 days ago, we didn't kill him so I think the nicest guy alive will probably fare pretty well."
>>
File: 1498817176409.jpg (809KB, 2677x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498817176409.jpg
809KB, 2677x1080px
>>383789682
Many things could be next
>>
>>383789682
you're saying seventeen would be a new mmo?
>>
>>383789756
seriously what is the deal with that fucking giant and his erection standing above the clouds
>>
>>383789682
I imagine at some point we'll probably ride a Sharlayan + Garlond Ironworks joint project megaship across the ocean and visit the New World for an expansion, probably under the supervision of the Levilleur twins' father.
>>
>>383788979
Same for me.
But don't underestimate how shitty shitters can be. They refuse to learn shit and get offended when the group wipes.
We are talking about NINs that never use mudras, SAMs that never apply dots, blizzard wizards, netflix healers, ERPers "having fun" during instances, etc. At level 70.
If they learned nothing in 70 levels (10 with level boost), they won't learn shit in a story mode fight.
>>
>>383789876
That's for patch 15.0 to reveal
>>
>>383789661
>You get bonus EXP the better you perform in that "fight".
is that on a personal level?
>>
>>383789756
Man, look at all these fancy areas, I can't wait for that fucking hack to turn them into dungeons, raids or PvP maps! I'm looking forward to it!
>>
File: 1478646468075.png (678KB, 891x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1478646468075.png
678KB, 891x1500px
I'm gonna get the bunny set for my SCH and do Rabi-Ribi cosplay.
>>
>>383790401
Highleg leotards are just too sexy
>>
>>383789774
Probably. In say another 4 years.
XIV is 7 years old already.
>>
>>383783149
source?
>>
>Dissipation and Aetherpact contradict each other

Why would you ever kill the fairy to get the aetherflow and the healing potency since the healing doesn't effect the abilities from aetherflow and if you use your aetherflow you ain't getting any faerie gauge.
>>
>>383790705
Because 2 different teams worked on the job and clearly have no fucking clue what the other guy was thinking when he made those skills.
>>
>>383790531
If it works like Yoshi is teasing, it will make sense that subs are gonna tank after the Garlean expansion and the majority of players will cry that they don't have a real enemy left, despite Ascians being a threat for all creation.
>>
>>383789258
>Decide to RDM this week's Omega for variety's sake
>Healers getting frozen by Void Blizard, zombified, scrounging to keep everyone up, never healing raised people until they get nuked again by an AoE
>Give up and queue as a healer
>>
>Get AV as PLD for my daily
>DPS are ok
>Healer is shit
>SAM kept pulling shit when healer couldn't even keep me up on Locksmith

If I had Clemency, I'd heal myself.
>>
>>383790531
Nah, we dont talk about abomination, that was 1.0. FF14 is 4 years old
>>
>>383790759
Why is her skirt so short?
>>
>>383789303
Know any other good sidequests like this in SB?
>>
>>383790752
>and the majority of players will cry that they don't have a real enemy left
They`ll go full Warlords of Draenor
>>
>>383790759
That isn't actual gear from the game is it
>>
I bought this game back in the winter sale but kinda forgot to play it, I might sub 90 days and give it a roll next month. How much can I accomplish in that time, though?
>>
>>383790809
So she can be easily filled with gallons of cum.
>>
>>383790705
Theres not a moment where dissipation is useful, rouse + whispering, too useful to remove the fairy at that point. Illumination? Affects your fairy so no. Covenant? Most damage is aoe and having your fairy help you heal is too useful. Dissipation is a shit skill, so much so that i've never had it on my bars in the years that i've played scholar.
>>
>am yet to complete HW content
>by the time I end it Stormblood will already be nerfed
Man. Why do I even try?
>>
>>383790250
Would you rather them be zones you quest through once and never return to them again unless it's to play their pachinko game of gathering?

Only way I'd improve Xelphatol is make it an 8-man or 24-man. I prefer areas being turned into "adventure" zones instead of pretty areas you gawk at once.
>>
>>383790831
Not really. Most of the sidequest chains with cutscenes are like "this villager is a bumbling fuckwit. Help them be useful."
>>
>>383790882
Subbing a month at a time doesn't cost anymore
>>
>>383790759
>short in the front but long in the back
gay
>>
>healing as a male

It just feels wrong.
>>
>>383790918
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>383790809
I fucking swear if I see another player who won't wear pants and tries to use a regular torso piece as a dress
>>
I wish Gyr Abania zones and Othard zones had different combat themes.
>>
>>383790918
Ignore side quests, only do main story. Do your roulettes every day so you can avoid the sidequests as much as possible, you should get to stormblood in 3-4 days from 50.
>>
>>383791013
But that's really sexy, especially if the torso piece has a loincloth component to it
>>
>>383790918
What do you mean SB will be nerfed?
>>
>>383791013
>mfw semi did this with the tabard and dalmatica
whoops, the pants are just short
>>
File: samefacename.jpg (83KB, 485x750px) Image search: [Google]
samefacename.jpg
83KB, 485x750px
>>383790809
It's a little known secret that it helps with mana regen, actually.
>>
>>383791137
It isn't the same face that always pisses me off about this artist. It is the fact that their mouth is always too big.
>>
>make sensible armor for females
>people use glamours to dress like sluts anyway
really makes you think
>>
>>383791013
Alot of tops are essentially robes with exposed legs so you can really just wear them with panties, shorts, etc.
>>
File: ffxiv_06292017_054311.jpg (726KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06292017_054311.jpg
726KB, 2560x1440px
>>383791196
>not dressing like a man and hiding your gender when playing female
>>
File: ffxiv_13072017_160709.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_13072017_160709.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>383791196
>wearing slut glams any day of the year
Cut the thots
>>
>>383781952
I hate that "being stuck" in a game is a fucking problem for people.

It took me weeks when I was a kid to get through some parts of games, why in the fuck are you mad at the game for not "giving" you the win!?

I was "gated" from tons of content before.
>>
Do these fuckers who wipe on shinryu even bother asking other players for help on what they are doing wrong?

I feel like that would be a lot more useful than crying on forums

It's like the word self improvement is unknown to them

>Tidal wave kills you
>Don't bother finding out why it killed you
>Die to it again
>>
>>383791265
female au ra can never pass as male though because they're too small
>>
>>383783374
And it does.

Take any old fight that used to be hard and do it with level/gear sync enabled. It will be piss easy compared to how it was when it first came out because you are simply not nearly as punished for being hit by dodgeables and any kind of dps checks become way more lenient so even braindead shitters who take 10 seconds to realize there is a gaol that needs to broken will still get it done in time.
>>
>>383791334
I JUST PLAY TO HAVE FUN MAAN, SORRY IM NOT A TRYHARD LIKE U :^)
>>
>>383791334
>Offtank just says "follow me" and marks himself
>We down it in 2 go's

ummm ok offical forums sweeties.
>>
>>383791316
hey stupid fish
that armor set is great
>>
File: ffxiv_08072017_022527.png (865KB, 830x774px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_08072017_022527.png
865KB, 830x774px
>>383791196
>make sensible armor for females
Like the Shisui set?
>>
>>383791421
goddamn why do people make up their characters like whores. The simple ones are so much cuter.
>>
File: 1499246739069.jpg (257KB, 1000x1278px) Image search: [Google]
1499246739069.jpg
257KB, 1000x1278px
>>383791421
Very sensible!
>>
>>383791334
honestly that's the only thing that truly frustrates me about bad players, it's either a terrible attitude or just zero desire to communicate. you especially get the silent shitters a lot on the EU datacenter because of all the shitters who don't know how to speak english, but they won't even listen if you translate for them so i don't know. Or just learn basic words like "dodge"
>>
>>383791467
cats/midlanders/lizards in full armor is the cutest!
>>
>>383784265
That's just not an option, friend.
>>
>>383791467
How about full armor?
>>
>Make ifrit outfit back in the day
>Try to change colours to make me look like demi bahamut
>All the fucking colours are shit and none match him

Game needs more options than just blue, bluer blue, bluer bluer blue.
>>
>>383791421
that's not sensible armor for females but it is slutty armor for both males and females so at least it's equal opportunity
>>
>>383783782
I'm glad you're not a developer
>>
>>383791501
>catgirl wearing fox ears
oh no it's retarded
>>
File: 1482630479580.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482630479580.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>383791265
>masculine sounding name with fem character

never been bothered
>>
>>383791590
Don't think we need more opportunities for players to acquire a taste for erp.
>>
As a blm who cleared Most savage raid content prior to echo, i felt that since 4.0 dropped the class felt weak compared to others. I finally checked DPS last night and im trailing behind nearly everyone in my static by 700 points. I swapped to RDM and now im 200 points ahead all but the samurai.....where did they go wrong with BLM?
>>
>>383791582
>>383791552
I don't even mean glamours, I mean the character themselves. Feels like every female character I see has like neon hair with neon highlights and neon eyeshadow and loads of blush and lipstick, and they look ugly as fuck. Just the simple NPC look like >>383789303 is way hotter.
>>
I feel like XIV has a really high amount of female players.

It's got to be about 34%.
>>
File: CUTE.jpg (34KB, 431x256px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE.jpg
34KB, 431x256px
>>383791679
Its cute
>>
>>383791706
WHY CANT I MEET ANY OF THEM

>they all already have a ton of orbiters
>>
>>383791702
It's still strong, you're the one doing it wrong apparently.
>>
>>383791706
Probably about half of that is trannies.
>>
>>383791392
How does that work for Akh Morn?
>>
>>383790919
>Would you rather them be zones you quest through once and never return to them again unless it's to play their pachinko game of gathering?
Yes, I love me some pachinko action. And I also like to explore them and find all the little secrets and pointless shit. Dungeons sometimes have this sort of thing too but it is almost impossible to explore them on release because people just want to rush to the end (I honestly don't blame them for that, that is how the game is designed), so I need to wait for ilevel updates to be able to solo it with unsync mode.
>>
>>383791860
It's more that they're all married and in their early 30's.
Or maybe that's just my FC.
>>
>>383791705
on that we can agree
>think catgirls are cute
>most people make disgusting abominations
down to earth characters in general are great
>>
>>383791706
MMOs actually have a significant female playerbase compared to other genres. They're not uncommon by any means.
>>
>>383791887
You could just run around when the duty is complete.
>>
>>383788648
The HW CUL and SB BLM questlines both have lala×male cat undertones. Although the cat in the BLM questline is really the only one in the game I don't view as insufferable. Perhaps the RDM one too, haven't played it yet.
>>
>>383791196
The sensible armor days have passed now. Armor nowadays are nothing but spiky busy anime shit. I've been glamouring DoH/L gear over most of my gear until they made those class locked too. Fuck you square
>>
File: 1468260834372.png (364KB, 564x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1468260834372.png
364KB, 564x1086px
>>383791334
>wipe
>ask if anyone has any questions or need help understanding anything
>complete silence
>keep wiping to the same shit

Boy does that piss me off. I get that some times people do know the mechanics and just need to be warmed up to them, but if that's the case just fucking say so, SAY SOMETHING, it's better to at least know where the problems are than just refuse any communication whatsoever. Who knows what helpful tips you might get. Goddamn this community.
>>
>>383791915
I guess because you get to dress up and start drama?
>>
>>383791702
BLM is yoshis baby job, if you can't play the job then thats your problem but right now black mages are 3rd strongest dps.
>>
>>383791068
Raids and dungeon difficulty being tweaked + everyone having top gear by the time I get to them.
I mean, I understand that it's inevitable, but having your first time with Wanderer's Palace be 'tank pulls everyone and you cheese through' feels somewhat wrong.
>>
>>383781952
>Polygon
>DIRECTLY LINKING POLYGON
Holy shit what are you doing anon? These are the same clowns that got laughed at for playing DOOM.
>>
>>383791861
Off tank stacks with MT. No one was dumb enough to stack with them when it happened.
>>
The story got so much better after ARR
>>
>>383791467
>why do people make up their characters like whores.
To look like one, duh!
>>
File: 1476473702671.png (85KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1476473702671.png
85KB, 600x525px
>>383791467
>the level 66 and 69 set for pretty much all jobs

Figures that the only good looking sets being implemented in the game anymore are stolen from other games. Yoshida please go back to 1.0's simplistic style. And delete all the neon glowing shit in the game while you're at it. The aesthetic of this game has been completely raped at this point.
>>
File: 1495722610855.gif (4KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1495722610855.gif
4KB, 128x128px
>shinryu fight starts
>place leyline
>tidal wave incoming
>tidal wave sending everyone flying
>between the lines back to my personal space
I fucking love BLM.
>>
>>383792083
It's neo-/v/, they don't give a shit.
>>
>>383782352
The health really isn't a problem due to the tail mechanics, it just means you need to kill another tail to finish him.
>>
>>383783149
Go away Strawberry Panties
>>
>>383791861
People don't stack now unless retard arrows are up
>>
>>383792126
See? I told you.
>>
>>383792169
can't you surecast to prevent knockback?
>>
File: ffxiv_07092017_191715.jpg (757KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07092017_191715.jpg
757KB, 1920x1080px
>>383791467
>>
>>383792257
I want to shit on ARR
>>
>>383792257
Man, Yugiri is really ugly!
>>
>>383791702
for the most part its the way she goes, look at your percentile to get a better look at things.
like if a 3500 brd and a 3800 sam were in a party, the brd did a much better job.
>>
>>383791887
>new to Doma dungeon
>tank rushes through everything, not even waiting for me to skip the last boss cutscene before pulling
>nobody opened any chests along the way
>get to explore after and have all the loot to myself
I only wish the dungeon music would keep playing after the duty.
>>
Gotta wonder if next expansion will be Garlemald
>>
>>383792271
Never bothered to try it out. Supposedly surecast is fucking weird and is expended once you start casting with the effect active, so it's a little pointless. You'd have to activate it and do nothing until the knockback is over.
>>
>>383791334
>doing V4 the day it came out
>see that Fire III, Blizzard III, and Thunder III have two different versions
>not sure what causes it but Fire and Blizzard are easy enough to avoid
>me and several others keep getting wrecked by the AoE Thunder III, or running for the hills when it's just the tankbuster
>this in particular wasn't wiping us but by our 5th attempt I still couldnt figure it out and it was annoying me
>decided to just ask the party
>got the answer
>no longer have trouble with Thunder III

I noticed that after I asked, most people that were having trouble with it suddenly stopped getting hit by it too, hmmm
>>
>>383791702
>claims to have done savage raid content pre-echo
>can't do 4.0 BLM correctly when its even easier than 3.0
>>
File: ffxiv_07062017_130749-1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07062017_130749-1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383791467
>>383791421
Why dress like a prostitute when you can be edgy instead?
>>383791316
I see you have good taste.
>>
>>383792403
don't talk shit about my wife
>>
>>383792521
It'll be the moon. Because muh references.
>>
>>383792521
Thavnair
>>
>>383792521
Tataru's house
>>
>>383791705

My entire screenshot gallery (well, 90%) is just abominations from FF14. I call it "The Goblin Gallery". I guess here they're called Trading Cards, though.

Maybe I should start editing my shit and passing out my rares.
>>
>>383785893
My best friend did. He dated a girl that was in the fc for like a year, she then flew to Texas from Alaska to meet him, then he moved to Alaska and married her.
>>
>>383782953
Join gilgamesh
>>
File: Mr._Wickles.png (466KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Wickles.png
466KB, 720x540px
>>383792609
Thank you for finding the moon, but I wish you hadn't.
>>
>>383785974
I have always kinda assumed that most people who marry ingame are those who know each other irl.
>>
>>383792668
is it by chance? Do i need to get off my server brynhildr to find someone
>>
File: praetorium.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
praetorium.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>383791934
It's an option, but you only have five minutes before the you get kicked out of the dungeon (or more? Can't remember), and most events and pop-up dialogues only triggers once, so you will always miss something while dealing with mobs and aoes (or watching cutscenes, in Praetorium's case).
And, in ARR's case, you will always miss optional areas since you can't solo mobs without unsync mode. Even Meridianum have a few optional areas that you will miss if you are following the WoL rape train that is going straight to Livia's ass.
>>
>>383792725
I'm on Tonberry
>>
>>383791702
Supposedly BLM is a little weird right now. There's people claiming that using blizzIV is a dps-loss, while others claim that you can even just spam fire for similar damage to fireIV overall when accounting for movement and doing mechanics. I'm guessing they undertuned some of the skills a little, anticipating a small buff in future patches since it looks like in order to do optimal damage you have to play the job wrong.
>>
>>383792652
>tfw you and seven other bros finally clear Tataru savage
>she drops her panties
>>
>>383792529
I had same issue with different variations, and decided to pay extra attention to the boss, to see if it's some unique animation.
And then I saw the most obvious "I'm charging power from void" pose and felt like an idiot.
>>
>>383790882
You can play till lvl 35 without subbings
>>
>>383790831
The merchant one in the lizard bazaar is pretty fun
>>
>>383792609
>FFXIV Echoes of the Red Moon patch
>At night time flying mounts and are disabled and aetheryte teleportation in that area becomes disabled
>New monster spawns occur
>New monsters have boss level hp and damage requiring people to party up in order to even leave settlements or else risk getting one shot
>Requires team work and social interaction
>Crafters/gatherers during the day can help by reiforcing settlements as FATES occur on towns which reward centurio seals and the new tomestones as rewards for successfully defending
>>
>>383792049
yeah, on a puppet without mechanics, even good BLM are lacking dps numbers as soon as mechanics come in play. the RDM is just all around better.
>>
>>383792983
>>Requires team work and social interaction
Have you seen any XIV threads here? People don't want that.
>>
>>383790250
I am glad I'm not the only one upset about Xelphatol. I really hope He doesnt continue that trend for new areas but im not holding my breath.
>>
File: operator kuuga.png (2MB, 1239x1069px) Image search: [Google]
operator kuuga.png
2MB, 1239x1069px
>Female character
>different color eyes (bonus points if one is as white as you can get
>black and red hair
>cash shop glamour
>T9 title
>a variance of "don't hit on me sill boys" as their search info
>next to their friend doing custom /slap ass emotes
>>
>>383792957

Yeah, not my proudest moment, but at least I was the one who was able to speak up about it
>>
>>383792983
And that's how you kill the FFXIV, since the moment things like "COMMUNICATIONS" and "TEAMING UP" come into play in this MMO, people unglue and become extremely hostile to the point that they're prematurely calling other players assholes and refusing to do anything related to it.
>>
down to earth simple looking gear > "i need defense" armor > slutglams >>> edgeglams > shit > long robes
>>
>>383781952

It took me 2 tries to understand everything in the fight

How fucking bad are people jesus christ
>>
>>383792983
>Team work and social interaction

What?
>>
>>383792983
>even in fantasy land there's still tomestones
>>
>>383792580
>Why dress like a prostitute
Because leveling gear. I usually wear at least one extra strip of fabric, promise.

Honestly I enjoy seeing all kinds of glamour. I just wish the game had more varied armour because some of it is very samey. As has been pointed out above the best armour is actually from other games, like the Valerian stuff.
>>
>>383792664
Do start. I do this same shit. I can't imagine playing through this story with a slutty looking whore lizard with a meme name. I sometimes see some great ones though. Had an elf warrior in a great looking aussie safari getup the other day in the DF. Guy was chill as fuck.
>>
>>383792983
Stop.

Hamlet Defense was not actually good, it was just not as terrible as most of the rest of 1.X.
Keep that shit out of here.
>>
File: 1499271635022.jpg (70KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1499271635022.jpg
70KB, 470x470px
>>383789756
>Finish Azim Steppe
>say goodbye to the lizard people and walk into a cave
>cave that somehow leads from Steppe to Gyr Abania
>>
>>383792521
Two options, its either Garlemald with a hint of ivalice or we will get to explore the surroundings of doma/othard + Ilsabard
>>
>>383793102
>>383793125
>>383793132
>>383793130
You're greatly underestimating the power of the dangling carrot
>>
>>383792983
People would just wait until the moon is over.
>>
>Get kenki mastery
>suddenly I'm shitting out kenki and spamming shintens and midares

God damn
>>
File: 1499457772436.jpg (38KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
1499457772436.jpg
38KB, 604x437px
I agree with the OP article. All story quests should either be easy as shit or hard. When you create a game that is brain dead easy and then throw in a relatively overwhelming fight, you're going to end up in situations where skilled players have a hard time progressing because everyone else is so awful.
The other option is to make everything hard so that only the skilled players who persist even get to that point in the first place.
>>
>>383793142
Eeeh, since i hit HW i never used any slutty outfit, i was a tank though.
>>
>>383793145
Whatsamatter boi? Too many good memories being dragged up from the deepest pits of your soul?
>>
>>383781952
Shit, I died 3 times to Menagerie but it's not THAT hard.
>>
File: jA8piMF.jpg (435KB, 2000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
jA8piMF.jpg
435KB, 2000x1414px
>>383791860
>Started playing 1.5 years ago
>Met this guy during Duty Roulette routine
>He is broest of bros and helped me with a lot of stuff back then
>Joined his FC
>3 months later
>FC meetup
>Cant wait to see this glorious bastard
>Its a fucking girl
Tfw fell for a reverse trap
>>
>>383793161
Yeah what the fuck was that?
>>
Shinryu is basically a healer shitter check

Netflix healers can't keep up and cause their parties to wipe
>>
>>383792521
>>383793173
Yoshida confirmed that the next expansion will be focused on Garlemald on a previous interview (during the fanfest, I think). And also joked about am expansion focused on the moon.
>>
>>383793173
the whole empire seems underwhelming to me. just how strong is varis and the empire?
>>
>>383793231
Female tanks should all wear the sluttiest armour available
>>
>>383793283
Time to buy a fake mustache and a strapon.
>>
>>383793142
>Because leveling gear
But that's literally no excuse when glamouring is so easy to do. Don't tell me you don't carry prisms and a set of gear to use for glamouring in case you pick up an upgrade in a dungeon or something.
>>
File: dumbface.png (2MB, 1241x1079px) Image search: [Google]
dumbface.png
2MB, 1241x1079px
>>383793337
ARMOR ONLY. NO BIKINIS.
>>
>>383793221
I don't even remember anything hard in Shinryu.
It was just dodging things.

What is everyone getting worked up about?
>>
File: 1489154673884.jpg (69KB, 800x742px) Image search: [Google]
1489154673884.jpg
69KB, 800x742px
>>383781952
Literally the only unknown ability is right at the start with the waterfall. Any other time that spout has appeared in the game you stay away from it.
>>
>>383793327
Dunno, but we will wipe them and then we will have some ascian interdimensional expansion and that will be the most "final fantasy" content we will have
>>
>tfw grinding crafting classes

>wood costs more then metals

Why does nobody do botany compared to mining?
>>
File: First_SB_Glam_2.png (1MB, 953x1076px) Image search: [Google]
First_SB_Glam_2.png
1MB, 953x1076px
>>383791196
I just like me a little ZR.
>>
File: teedus.jpg (121KB, 850x702px) Image search: [Google]
teedus.jpg
121KB, 850x702px
>>383791421
I don't like slutglams but Shisui set is one I can get behind. It's not an overdesigned shit like most of the gear at this stage of the game, it's made of cloth without being a fucking snackbar robe and it's at least lore friendly
>>
>>383793161
Yanxia isn't in gyr abania you neanderthal
>>
>>383793541
>Metal
>Can craft armor/weapon rings and other stuff
>Wood
>Can make carpenter shit and housing bullshit

Hm..
>>
>>383792983
>You can only keep a stack of 20 health potions on you at a time
>Certain monsters remain invisible unless you have proper growth in a new stat
>Fall damage is now exponentially what it was before
>>
>>383793554
ZR is SHIT
>>
>>383793449
Bikini armour and general slut glam is used by the wisest of tanks though
>>
>>383793221
they should just replace all the HM primals with the EX versions tbqhfam
>>
>>383793242
>Good Memories

1.0 was fucking awful and only turned slightly alright once Yoshida took over.
The "big seamless maps" meme is absolute trash by people who never actually played it and don't know about copy-pasting and loading tunnels.
Up until the release of 2.0 the lag was absolutely atrocious IN A DEAD GAME and Menus being Server-side is still baffling.

Combat was actually pretty nice after the last rework but it didn't allow for any interesting fights.
Garuda? Hide behind a rock once, otherwise just tank and spank.
Ifrit? Kill a Nail, that's it.
Titan? ??
Nael? Kill some adds and run up and down some platforms.

1.X was fucking trash, the only good parts of it came from the community trying to make the best of the situation.
Yes, the best part of it was people with too severe buyers remorse banding together to actively fight the shitty design..
>>
>>383793073
You forgot Lightning hair style
>>
>>383790805
1.23 was the best FFXIV ever was. Then it just became floaty WoW.
>>
>>383782140
This mindset killed the MMO genre. instant gratification and whining about things being too hard neutered MMOs to what they are today
>>
>>383793604
Doesn't stop walnut wood selling for 1.2k per NQ piece
>>
>>383793541
Mining historically made more money in FFXIV because of GSM

So people flocked to mining. Even I leveled my miner first this time around and I usually to BTN first

Fishing is the devil though good god there's too many fish that don't sell for jackshit
>>
>>383793449
Himecut for all races when?
Hide-tails mod for lizards when?
>>
>Leviathan's Katana is actually a Sabre
That's pretty cool
>>
>>383793767
>1.23 was the best FFXIV ever was

So good that it flopped hard and nearly crashed the company and destroyed the FF franchise forever. Truly, a game worth remembering.
>>
Diadem requires social interaction why couldn't this >>383792983 work?
>>
>>383793820
some gear hide the tail, but you have to deal with toilet bowl collars because those are used by BLMs
>>
>>383793903
1.23 wasn't the flop though. 1.23 was right before the year long shutdown where they were adding shit to the game to make it actually worth playing outside of hanging with maybe the 1 or two autists you managed to make friends with.
>>
>>383793820
more like anti long hair-clipping coats/armors when?

I couldn't use my himecut in HW because virtually every piece of armor had some sort of hoodie or some shit on the back, it was a clip-fest. I swear this game only wants short haired nips with buttcapes.
>>
>>383793838
>katana of the sephirot has a retractable cover on the blade as well as the sheath
There's also a katana that's a single-edged straight sword. One of the PvP ones I think. Really nice.
>>
>>383793817
Put up your fish in stacks of 3 and I guarantee they will sell
>>
>>383793706
>Yes, the best part of it was people with too severe buyers remorse banding together to actively fight the shitty design

aha sheeet I remember this. 4.0 meme was strong.
SE armed the trolls with the amount of shit that was happening, the xp system? fucking lol

I too was one of the buyers who had remorse, but im happy I bought it now cause of the legacy mark alone.
>>
>>383781952
Unsync leviathan is more difficult than Shinryu for fuck sakes.
>>
File: LBA2.jpg (283KB, 1380x1431px) Image search: [Google]
LBA2.jpg
283KB, 1380x1431px
>>383789303

>pitter patter of little feet

KOJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
Who is even getting stuck on anything in FFXIV? Did the dumb WoWfag DPSes who look at nothing but their dps meter addon finally realize their game is shit and did they all migrate to XIV?
>>
File: 1486079121655.jpg (198KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1486079121655.jpg
198KB, 604x604px
>That autist still arguing that it's "cast off ablution" in lakshmis theme and not "cast off inhibition" when on the next line the words are literally "let passion run wild"
>>
>>383782352

The health isn't a problem because there's no enrage timer at least to my knowledge. So minimum ilvl players can chip away his HP as long as they need.

There's honestly no issues with the fight. It's all mechanics that have been used time and time again with the same indicators. If you've played through all of ARR and 2 expansions, none of it should surprise you at this point. The real problem though is the player base. No one is willing to do a trial that takes more than 5 or so minutes to complete. People still immediately drop out of Steps or Royal when they get it in their roulette because waiting 30 minutes and doing something else is apparently better than trudging through a 10 minute fight with a possible wipe.
>>
>>383794174
Nobody's arguing that.
>>
File: ffxiv_13072017_235629.jpg (343KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_13072017_235629.jpg
343KB, 1920x1080px
What a terrifying man
>>
>>383793975
It was a flop. Only reason people still stuck with it was because they removed the subscription fee. Otherwise no one would've stayed around, and even then the numbers were incredibly small.

And then there's also the problem with the game engine itself being so incredibly poor that it would've been impossible to build upon the game and take it any further. The foundations were shit and the game had no future in its incarnation. I liked the idea of FF14 1.X far more than the cynical WoW-clone we have now, but it was nowhere near a good product like the current one is, mediocre as it is.
>>
Anyone else notice quest item descriptions were bland this time around? None of the localization teams quips were in any of them.
>>
File: 1499317434394.jpg (86KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499317434394.jpg
86KB, 480x480px
>>383793073
>See a cute female from afar
>Go check her up
>Heterochromia

Why you guys do this? It's not cute, its chuuni-autistic
>>
>>383793952
I don't think Diadem was ever really popular and it's optional, you go there when you want. That's quite different from game just going "it's fuck you o' clock start begging for people to join you if you happen to need to do something in the overworld".

Hunt targets on top of main story quest objectives is already annoying thing, and somehow making that, but with whole world wouldd be a good idea?
>>
>>383781952
I play tank and every time I get this instance I explain the mechanics and shotcall what people need to be doing, yet despite this I get some groups that take 45 minutes of wiping to abandon the duty

consolefags are just too casual to realize they've already done all of the mechanics and it's an extremely easy fight if you just pay attention

but I guess people just skipped all the content and went straight to the amalgamation boss. They deserve to wipe for skipping too much great content.
>>
Here's how you "nerf" shinryu without ruining it

-Require people to do their level 70 job quest to unlock it, so they actually have all their abilities and some level 290 left side gear.

Too many times I've gone in there to help a friend and there will be more than one person that's barely 280 ilvl. It makes the fight into an enormous slog when nobody does any damage.

If you really want to bail shitters out beyond that, maybe unlock the new tomestone vendor and dungeons post clearing Ala Mhigo instead of post clearing Menagerie. That way they can just rely on the extra ilvl to carry their weakened carcass across the finish line.
>>
>>383794334
Nothing stops you leaving the area on your mount.
>>
>>383793975
Don't listen to this faggot, even 1.23 was terrible.

Servers were still unplayably bad at times even tho nobody was actually playing the fucking game.
Endgame had next to no content and what was there was gated behind week long grinds to artificially give players something to do.
Hamlet Defense and whatever that stupid Island Boss Rush was called were desperate attempts to add content without actually having the required team to make it, so just reuse a shitton of assets and throw them at the player.

The Areas were still complete garbage with 90% copy pasted dead space and only like 2 points of interest where people would go to spam leves.

Crafting basically required a Second Monitor because lolnorecepies and you were constantly at the mercy of the Server, hoping it would respond before you bar ran out.
>>
>>383794390
Oh, so you are saying that those boss level mobs that populate the area, don't aggro. Then what would be the fucking point?
>>
File: 1496970506816.png (132KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496970506816.png
132KB, 1000x1000px
>>383794316
yeah it does come off as a bit try hard to be different.

im sure theres an example of a good time to chose heterochromia but I cant think of one
>>
>>383794360
The problem is that they removed the necessity to do job quests and gave you the 60-69 skills straight away so most people just thought "welp no need to do this shite"
>>
>>383794354
>Have played SCH before so I have an idea on what they should be doing
>They are clearly half assing it or are straight up unknowledgable
>Point out what they could be doing better to make our lives easier
>either get "muh sub" or ignored

How many fucking SCH don't use rouse+whispering dawn is staggering. They listen to having Eos on obey, but they only use embrace.
>>
File: 514SVGH2X1L.jpg (40KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
514SVGH2X1L.jpg
40KB, 351x500px
>>383787361
>WAR storyline
>>
>>383793903
To be fair, 1.0 was so fucking bad that it almost destroyed FFXIV's reputation forever. No amount of updates and bugfixes would be able to kill all the "4.0" memes.
They had to delete the whole game and recreate it to get a second chance. It's still is amazing that they somehow managed to revive XIV. Most companies, especially big ones, would just throw the project on the garbage bin and work on something else.
>>
File: PON.jpg (111KB, 563x752px) Image search: [Google]
PON.jpg
111KB, 563x752px
>>383782516
Unfortunately Blizzard tried this with class trials in Mist of Pandaria. Here's what happened in a majority of cases:

1. Average player (ie a stupid fucking idiot who wants everything handed to them) bangs their head against the wall trying to queue for heroics until eventually after reading the "you must do trials to unlock this" message pops up for the 50th time they finally read it and joins the trial
2. Despite having exactly what they need to do spelled out in giant text, with full voice over and the abilities themselves flashing, they proceed to do what they always do, which is spam 1 and 2 or press the cool looking abilities over and over despite that being shit
3. Naturally they proceed to fail these very easy trials due to not even completely these most basic of mechanics
4. After one or two more attempts where they do the same thing again, they simply gave up and close the game
5. They proceed to go on the forums and type up thousand word essays about why the trial requirement should be nerfed or removed completely with the usual "I have 10 kids 20 dogs and 5 jobs I don't have time to do this I pay to play this game GIVE ME MY STUFF NOW" when they could have been using this time actually learning how to play properly
6. Because this is the average player, naturally the forums get flooded with this shit for months
7. Blizzard give in and remove the requirement, and obviously have to make already fairly easy heroics boring aoe spamfests again so they can do them

Now tell me with a straight face the majority of the people who play this game won't kick up the exact same diaper-shitting storm if they did it in this game. Keep in mind only 9% of the playerbase cleared final coil before Heavensward.
>>
>>383794156
XIV is actually the first MMO for a large part of the playerbase.
>>
>>383794502
it's like this for every class but especially SMN and SCH I feel like

I used to main SMN and watching people apply the DoTs in the wrong order triggered me every time. I don't usually say anything about it but it's always an internal struggle
>>
>>383790831
DRK 60-70 is a semi-follow on from 30-50, the best chain in the game
>>
>>383794525
Will there be a MMO that doesn't cater to these people ever again, or do they cost so much to develop and maintain that one couldn't survive without these people?
>>
>>383794702
Fray is cool
>>
File: 1497670657404.png (300KB, 429x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497670657404.png
300KB, 429x400px
>>383794525
nothing beats wow fanbase

I still get a kick out of hearing night elf hunter stories

>needs on all gear
>pet pulls
>hunter would take a detour and the pet would run all the way around and aggro a whole bunch of mobs
>poor dps, you'd look at them and theyd be auto attacking
>disengage
>>
File: 1498297461079.jpg (143KB, 700x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1498297461079.jpg
143KB, 700x1148px
>>383787361
>Samurai storyline
>>
>>383794510
>1.0 was so fucking bad that it almost destroyed FFXIV's reputation forever
You mean it almost destroyed FF's reputation as a whole.
>>
>>383781952
I blame console and controller players. They fucking dumbed down the game with Stormblood to appeal to them yet I still see fucking controller players fucking up harder than keyboard+mouse players.
>>
File: 1496414625459.jpg (59KB, 749x750px) Image search: [Google]
1496414625459.jpg
59KB, 749x750px
>>383794190
Royal Menagerie takes 4 minutes and Steps has always, even before the nerf, taken like 6 minutes.
>>
>>383788272
If you knew the 1.0 story you'd actually actively hate the elements. Because of the Garlean invasion they straight up went crazy and started murdering everyone, good or bad, adult or child. They also caused a calamity in ancient times.
>>
>>383794496
when making a blind eye maybe?
>>
>>383794885
>controller players

they are smug as fuck, almost mister happy level of smug.
>>
>>383794656
That probably explains why nobody was retarded until Stormblood.
>>
>it's a "Free kupo nuts!" Daily

>mistype the phrase with two people afk

>logout for the rest of the day
>>
>>383794802
XIII did way more damage than XIV did to the overall brand, most normies didn't give a fuck about XIV because it was an MMO instead of a traditional FF game.
>>
>>383794156
>>383794656
By design, FF14 is supposed to be for new players to the genre
>>
>>383794951
To be fair, the floods were to preserve the world because the overuse of magic during the War of the Magi was sucking the Lifestream dry. But yeah, the Elementals are monsters just waiting for an excuse to kill people.
>>
>All these people wasting their time playing FFXIV

You could be playing anything less stressful or frustrating

Even Dark Souls is more forgiving than an EX with randos
>>
>>383795092
Murder every BLM and SMN.
>>
>>383794979
eh yeah i guess, if you are into RP and came up with a half decent backstory like that then it would be acceptable.

also why do people hate roleplayers so much? they are cool for the most part, they stick to their groups and generally dont bother anyone. maybe because they get associated with ERP.
>>
>>383795024
nips love XIII and it has its supporters outside of japan. XIV was getting 4/10 reviews. That's unheard of even for FF spinoffs, much less a main series title.
>>
>>383795123
>What is FC/ static friends

It can be fun, you have to search.
>>
>>383795123
That's why we made our own free company
>>
File: 1496713371536.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496713371536.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>383794990
>>383794885
>Play with controller
>Top percentile dps on fflogs every patch since heavensward release
>KB+M players have one million buttons they can rebind and make their jobs piss easy
>Still manage to fuck up and be lowest dps even as a job as broken as SAM

LMOA
>>
>>383794785
>that was me when I was 13

I don't think I've seen anything close to the unholy screams of rage from an online game since they removed Night Elf hunters being able to aimed shot from shadowmeld. The human race is doomed to be desu.
>>
>>383795172
>also why do people hate roleplayers so much? they are cool for the most part, they stick to their groups and generally dont bother anyone.
Not in Balmung.
>>
>>383795024
Nah, FF13 is still liked by lots of people. It's a divisive game like FF12, but it has its fans. FF14 1.0 had no one defending the game. Everyone shat on it and the gaming press most of anyone else. When you have normies reading about how much a game like FF14 is getting blasted, it's going to turn them away from the series for good. FF14 2.0 is the second miracle that Square pulled off since FF1.
>>
File: F7mc1xy.jpg (17KB, 250x382px) Image search: [Google]
F7mc1xy.jpg
17KB, 250x382px
>>383791364
Their idle animations alone ruin the illusion
>>
>>383795256
congratulations, you are the 1% of controller players. now see the 99% of this fucking controller playerbase AKA the normies that play on PS4 and handicap people on PC
>>
>>383793386
I'm a slob who doesn't glamour over upgrades the instant I get them, though.

'Sides, occasionally I'll like leveling gear enough to wear them until I outlevel them.
>>
File: ffxiv_20062017_051931.png (304KB, 600x272px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_20062017_051931.png
304KB, 600x272px
>>383795018
>>
File: pepe.jpg (164KB, 1024x1276px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
164KB, 1024x1276px
>>383795256
>things that never happened: the post

oh your devilish
>>
>>383795172
Because no one likes "ELLEN BLESS THIS SOUL" or "RYUJIN NO KAE WO KURAE OMNICUT!" in chat coupled with a sound effect whenever you do a fucking action you sperg piece of shit.
>>
>>383794885
>bringing this shit up every thread without prompt and regardless of context
Get treatment for your terminal burn.

>They fucking dumbed down the game with Stormblood to appeal to them
They trimmed the button count because eventually even keyboards will run out of buttons to assign you fucking retard, and despite having classes that use up to 40 buttons your shitty skill tray MMO is still more shallow than any 6-button action game on the market because half of the skills do the same fucking thing. Just let that sink in.

>yet I still see fucking controller players fucking up harder than keyboard+mouse players.
Do you survey every person you play with and ask them what control method they're using?
>>
>>383795458
Do you actually believe that's what roleplayers do?
>>
File: wipe.webm (3MB, 720x420px) Image search: [Google]
wipe.webm
3MB, 720x420px
>>383794885
"whoops sorry man my controller died xD"
>>
>>383795172
>eh yeah i guess, if you are into RP and came up with a half decent backstory like that then it would be acceptable.
I'm pretty sure that at least one of the cat races had been written that heterochromia is somewhat common on them.

And when people say they hate roleplayers, they mean they hate people who do ERP on public.
>>
>>383787361

>bard

30-50 was pretty good. 50-60 was interesting but the two npcs are insufferable. 60-70 boring as fuck
>>
File: 1469330062550.png (107KB, 540x521px) Image search: [Google]
1469330062550.png
107KB, 540x521px
Does blacklisting players from other servers prevent them from showing up in your duty finder? I've had it up to here with shitty no-damage healers that can't even heal properly despite doing literally nothing else.
>>
>>383795372
Literally the only good leveling sets added in Stormblood were the lvl 66 crafted sets and the lvl 69 dungeon sets. Rest is trash or re-used assets, especially the Shisui "equipment".
>>
>>383781952

>a final boss shouldn't be hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE

How can anyone consistently payroll people this terrible at their jobs and not be utterly disgusted with themselves?
>>
File: balmung.png (545KB, 1048x1066px) Image search: [Google]
balmung.png
545KB, 1048x1066px
>>383795172
>why do people hate roleplayers so much?
Because, just like you said, the cool ones are pretty much invisible since they don't bother anyone, so nobody will associate RP with them. RPfags with stupid edgy/weeb macros on all fucking skills and ERPs flirting with each other between pulls and then e-fucking each other after boss fights aren't "invisible", so RP will be always associated with these fags.
It's just like how everyone hates Balmung players, when all the cancer that people hate so much is found on a single area in the whole server.
>>
File: consolebabby.jpg (109KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
consolebabby.jpg
109KB, 720x960px
>>383795517
t. butthurt controller player
>>
File: o2.jpg (21KB, 970x240px) Image search: [Google]
o2.jpg
21KB, 970x240px
>>383795256
>play with controller on pc
>get this in omemega
really activates the thinkers
>>
Started leveling DRK. What am I in for?
>>
>>383795796
t. family got lynched by a controller player and have no counterargument
>>
>>383795873
Edge and the best job questline in the game.
>>
>It's a /v/ posts their parse and they're at the top
>>
>>383795873
Shit class. Should`ve rolled PLD
>>
File: 1042 - jogtwdx.jpg (50KB, 604x586px) Image search: [Google]
1042 - jogtwdx.jpg
50KB, 604x586px
>>383781952
wait a minute did the devs think it's really ok to lock story behind gameplay?
you're telling me people have to actually PLAY THE FUCKING GAME in order to experience the story in a VIDEO GAME?!?!?
preposterous, disgusting, unsubbed, downvoted, and blocked
>>
>>383794794
Sam storyline is godlike until 60, 60-70 turns to be really boring and the ending not satisfying at all
>>
I think the only thing that should be changed from Royal Menagerie is those fucking Vault chains.

They have no place being there and people are too retarded to get close to each other.
>>
>>383795873
Great story quests, neat-o spell effects, and a disappointing, overnerfed rotation. You should probably get out of here before someone spoils the quests.
>>
>>383795991
Oh, so those chains work like they do in Ifrit EX, not like in the Vault? You've gotta get close to the other person, not run away? I've only ever tanked the fight so I've never gotten the chains before.
>>
File: spaghet.jpg (58KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
spaghet.jpg
58KB, 667x800px
Fact: The only people having trouble with The Royal Menagerie are level boosted players and people that got carried all throughout ARR and Heavensward and didn't bother to learn any of the previous mechanics.
>>
>>383793662
Terrible Taste
>>
>>383796059
No, you just need less area to break the chains if you start out right next to each other.
>>
>>383796059
the chains work exactly like vault and thordan ex. you have to move away from the other person to break them. the closer you are when the effect starts, the easier it is to break.
>>
>>383796104
>Start a dungeon
>Sprout
>All Shire gear
>>
>>383795785
>Lala from the Black Mage quest wants to fuck the moon boicat and vice-versa
Wish the meteor had hit to be desu
>>
>people can't clear Shinryu

The fuck? Zenos in the dungeon right beforehand was harder than that shit.
>>
>>383796225
>>383796123
See, that's what I thought.
>>
>>383796225
hell it's actually easier in the royal menagerie. there's a huge telegraph put on 2 players that lasts for a few seconds then the chains happens. in vault and thordan ex, the chains happen immediately with almost no warning.
>>
>>383796420
Problem is idiots run away from each other and they have no room to break.
>>
File: 1499520601607.jpg (2MB, 1776x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1499520601607.jpg
2MB, 1776x2400px
I want to /pet Yotsuyu
>>
So is the New World not on the world map?
I want to go to America and become the god of its people
>>
File: 1480432413611.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480432413611.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>Huh, this is a hard fight, whatever should I do?
>I could try to get better gear..
>Maybe do SSS to improve my rotation and overall skill..
>I could also try to learn from my mistakes and despite being bad DPS wise make up for it by not dying so I have bad DPS, but at least constant DPS througout the fight..

>Oh, I know! I go to the forum and cry like a little bitch so Yoshi just nerfes the fight, this is a great idea!!
>>
File: ffxiv_07132017_012310.jpg (540KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07132017_012310.jpg
540KB, 1920x1080px
I really like this guy
>>
>>383796104
>do royal the fifth day of stormblood

>clear it after 1 wipe

How is this hard? Hes so easy.
>>
File: Hydaelyn.png (262KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
Hydaelyn.png
262KB, 1024x512px
>>383796638
No, but you can see it on the planet's texture from the Moon cutscene. Meracydia is on there too.
>>
>>383796651
I like myself too
>>
I've seen people who stopped playing during ARR because everything was a cakewalk (I agree; pre-HW main story content is kinda weak). I've also seen people who picked up FFXIV after seeing the EX fights and raids.

You can't make a game for everybody. If you gear the game towards people who are too stupid to figure out how to click three different buttons in sequence and get out of the pile of glowing shit, you rob it of the sophistication that people who can do those things enjoy. This whole Marxist mindset of labeling competent people as sinners to be met with scorn and shoved aside (at best) and incompetent people as virtuous individuals who should be carried to something that superficially resembles success needs to squashed everywhere that it appears.
>>
>>383789756
>Garlemald is literally where Moscow is on the world map
:thnks:
>>
>>383796651
Enjoy it, Sidurgu is shit.
>>
I kinda like how 2 questlines from 2 seperate quest hubs get paired up together to form 1 story, they're pretty charming quests
>>
File: bismarck ex.jpg (430KB, 559x1630px) Image search: [Google]
bismarck ex.jpg
430KB, 559x1630px
>>383796710
shitters man
>>
File: 1470937660269.gif (1023KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1470937660269.gif
1023KB, 500x281px
>>383795383
>tfw so insecure that someone might laugh at me that I only type what's necessary to trigger the the quest

I must look like a no-fun autist just walking around simply saying "tataru", "mol" without any flavour.
>>
>>383796819
When Sidurgu gets angry it's hilarious.
>>
Does ACT work properly now with stormblood on Win10? I heard it doesnt work, so I didnt bother with it since 4.0 release.
>>
>>383796793
I stopped playing ARR cause it was boring as shit.

even nowadays when I get a level 50 dungeon/trial I get bored. Boring skills with boring rotations.
HW combat was vastly improved.
>>
they already said they refuse to listen to people bitching and whining anymore because they've already tried every difficulty level and people will moan no matter what so shitters can get fucked
>>
What's that one mechanic you still have no idea how to do and never bothered to look up but always pass off like you know what you're doing when someone outs you /v/?

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing in The Striking Tree Extreme after 2 years.
>>
>>383796968
works on my windows 10 machine
>>
>>383797039
divebombs in T9
>>
>>383796827
That has to be ironic shitposting
>>
>>383797039
There's not even anything complicated about Ramuh EX.
>tank needs 3 balls to shield the tankbuster
>dps need to clean up spare balls or else his attacks power up
>break the stun with your lightning ring
>kill adds
>if you get tethered, one person gathers 3 balls
>>
Best Shinryu nerf would be unlocking expert roulette and Verity shop.
>>
>>383796819
Sid gets a lot better in the SB sotry.
>>
DRK or AST?
>>
>>383797039
Nearly everything in Thornmarch (Hard). I just know what order to kill the adds in and have next to no idea what all of them actually do.
>>
>>383797039
I felt like the mechanic of moving around during certain blizzard mechanics to not be frozen wasn't really taught well in the game. Someone told me about it in Snowcloak and I wasn't surprised that people still kept getting frozen in Deltascape V4.
>>
>>383795018
Why are chat dialogue and emote quests a thing?

Gimmicks were a mistake.
>>
>>383796491

You'll likely have the opportunity soon. Or at least your character will.

Which is fucking stupid. The only named characters who die are borderline background characters who were probably randomly generated. "A storm of blood my ass". I like Gosetsu a lot, but he should have stayed dead.
>>
>>383797143
it wasn't. the tank with everything at level 60 was the only person in the group with a bonus.
>>
>>383797157
Oh, I see.
^doesn't get it at all
>>
>>383797182
>edgelord or special snowflake ERP class?

PLD is the right asnwer.
>>
File: 1499936620044.jpg (180KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499936620044.jpg
180KB, 500x500px
>>383797182
Healers generally get sluttier gear so AST
>>
>>383797240
To weed out antisocial players
>>
>>383797039
I don't know how to do Gavel in A8S as anything but a tank.
>>
File: 1499880460269.gif (3MB, 222x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499880460269.gif
3MB, 222x400px
>>383796827
>Hurr watch a video
Why would you spoil yourself? most of the time i go blind to dungeons and trials as a tank, people die anywayd because of mechanics, after the first wipe we get the clear, then i never wipe again
>>
File: 1489274825904.png (444KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1489274825904.png
444KB, 540x429px
>>383796890
>Naughts and Crosses
>in a fully populated Idyllshire
>have to do it twice
>>
>>383797169

having 4k more hp isn't going to save you from getting pushed off the edge, or stacking earth breaths.

Earth Breath being the only 'difficult' mechanic in the fight, as strafing to one side is too hard
>>
>>383797209
>BLM casts a huge meteor spell that used to have to be stunned when iLvls were still low
>WHM heals
>THF will backstab the shit out of you if you aren't paying attention to where she is
>BRD gives a det buff to other moogles
>RNG's AoE attack used to kill if people didn't spread for it
>WAR has that huge AoE that still kills people
>PLD provokes so your character is forced to run to him and get caught in the WAR's AoE
>>
>>383797251
spoiler: gosetsu eats bad fish on a deserted island and dies
>>
>>383797306
You're doing things the right way, people who look at guides and watch videos are idiot WoWfags.
>>
>>383796729
Not canon anymore
There no land above fantasy africa/eorzea anymore >>383789756
>>
>>383797254
this guy

PLD is more complex than the other tanks
PLD can self sustain itself making it not only the best tank but the best healer
PLd does the most damage out of all the other tanks, healers, AND MOSTt DPS i've played with
PLD has the best story and best gear

if you aren't play Paladin you pretty much should just watch netflix because all the other jobs are soonze fest zzzz
>>
File: spurdo_prop.gif (47KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo_prop.gif
47KB, 250x194px
>blacksmith filing sound on rapid synth
>>
>>383797443
>Hi, my name's miztek
>Welcome to A13S, Muff of the Mother
>>
File: spongeboob.jpg (45KB, 652x362px) Image search: [Google]
spongeboob.jpg
45KB, 652x362px
>>383796827
>Looking to join diadem static
>>
>>383797469
There's no land above Eorzea in that picture. Eorzea is in the middle at the top.
>>
>>383797470
>PLD is more complex than the other tanks
>rotate 2x royal authority, 1x goring blade with fight or flight up
>use circle of scorn on cooldown
>use requiscat when fight or flight falls off, spam holy spirit
>continue rotating 2x RA 1x GB when requiscat buff falls off
>more complex than the other jobs
are you fucking kidding me right now
>>
>>383795018
>>383797240

Think of some of the dumb shit that you run across in the chatlog. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you care about the comment and the person that made it?

I can guarantee you that for most players, it's about a 1 for both. Stop worrying.
>>
File: 1498877011629.jpg (94KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498877011629.jpg
94KB, 960x960px
>>383797443
I like to think that adds to the experience, spoiling yourself with guides and shit is simply not fun.
>YOU WASTE TIME OF OTHER 7 PLAYERS
Maybe next time you want to grind fast make a PF group? There's a first timer bonus for something. Besides 80% of the time they die anyways and i do more DPS than the DPS
>>
>>383797470
>PLD has the best story
I like PLD but come on now, let's not pretend that the entire questline between 30-60 is anything other than a whole load of nothing. 60-70 was pretty good but nothing to write home about.
>>
>when spellblade holy targets stand on your group aoe marker
>>
>>383797602
you also have the largest toolkit of useful utilities you have to use along with correctly timing flight or flight and requiscat

You're playing paladin wrong if you aren't constantly on the edge.
>>
>>383797631
>he hasn't been teased in an MMO
>>
>>383797228
Wait, THAT'S what you're supposed to do in Snowcloak? I ran it twice after doing O4 where I actually figured it out myself.
>>
google gives me this does it check out?
>>
>>383797571
No, you can se garlemand right above Eorzea/fantasy Germany from the moon
On the official world map there sea in the place of western europe and Garlemand was moved to the east
>>
>>383797795
Yeah, running prevents you from accumulating stacks.
>>
>>383797806
Take another look at the picture, man. Eorzea/Aldenard is the triangle-shaped continent in the top-center. Vylbrand is the smaller island to its left. There is no land shown in that image above Eorzea.
>>
>>383796827
Dude's definitely trolling, but he probably did fuck up the mechanics.

I had someone screaming in Bismarck once due to the snakes, but I honestly can't even describe the problem because I still don't understand what the fuck they were going on about.
>>
>>383797747
>You're playing paladin wrong if you aren't constantly on the edge.
On the edge of what, consciousness? Yeah, that's me when I play PLD often. PLD MTing adds CD "management" to the equation and OTing literally only adds usage of Intervention and perhaps Cover.
"Correctly timing" FoF or Requiscar simply involves making sure you fit 2x Goring Blades into the FoF duration or 5x Holy Spirit casts into your Requiscat window. That's it.
Look man I play DRK/PLD and I like PLD a lot from an aesthetic point of view, but claiming that it's a complex job in any way is just wrong.
>>
I haven't crafted at all since 4.0 hit. How is it different now?
>>
File: 1449236384040.jpg (149KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1449236384040.jpg
149KB, 600x700px
>>383796890
>mol asses
>>
>>383796890
>Mol you sloot
>objective completed

Nice.
>>
What are the chances that Scholar is getting buffed when the new patch drops next week?
>>
>>383797631
You can add "mtion" after emote, like /psych motion, it'll work but not post in chat.
>>
>>383798104
The same chance of WAR getting buffs.
Still better than DRG recieving a tweak and fixing its castrated rotation and dps.
>Dragoon is a support DPS
Yoshida you absolute madman.
>>
>>383797039
The fucking second boss in Sohm Al
>here's a colored marker on your head ecks dee
>>
>>383797751

>teased

Again, who cares? Have fun with it instead of freaking out.

What's the worst that can happen over typing "free kupo nuts" in the chatlog once or twice by mistake? Anyone who seriously gives you shit would be doing more harm to their own reputation than to yours.
>>
>>383798250
red = everyone stacks for explosion
blue = stay away from that person

you can tell what's gonna happen because the boss literally jumps to each color blob
>>
>>383797306
I had a tank do that in Shinryu. Nigger died instantly to the tidal wave and we wiped hard because he was a fucking retard even after the res. Luckily, the servers were shitting themselves so I didn't have to put up with it for long.
>>
>controller faggots at it again
Just stop, you don't belong here. Rebbit is more your speed.
>>
what is the timeline of the msq?
just how long is that entire island that disappeared going to go uninvestigated by the scions?
seems like it would be higher priority than some war-torn nations that haven't disappeared off the face of the planet
>>
>>383798195
you can just check a box so that all your emotes are performed without being posted as text
>>
>>383798381
Everything in the MSQ happens within the same year. The Scions have also been busy with Ilberd fucking everything up and then Stormblood happening.
>>
>>383798347
>Getting killed by tidal wave
>Being a retard
That's the difference kiddo
>>
>>383798353
Only reddit throws an autistic tantrum over what a person uses to play a video game, maybe you should haul yourself back there
>>
>>383798205
>DRG/SCH/WAR no longer guaranteed in every static spot

What a shame!
>>
>>383798195

>panic at the boss
>pay respects after killing him
>dance with other players
>celebrate

>other player plays along
>get a player com

Why would you be so worried about things appearing in chat?
>>
>>383798347
>>383798510
Tidal Wave deaths are meant to be funny the first time.
>>
>>383798575
t. Smug palacuck bullied in HW.
>>
>>383797039
Prey in A10S.
>>
>Tidal wave deaths
TOO SOON YOSHIP
>>
>>383797251
Good the wol needs some love
And if she dies for it so be it.
>>
is it me or does other characters on screen look like they're lagging when they move. like when someone dodge a AoE, on my screen it looks like they got hit but then they move instantly out of it at the last second.
>>
>>383798709
My mains are PLD and MNK :^)
>>
Tidal Wave wipes are clearly a reference to FFV :^)
>>
>>383798610
>panic
Fuck off back to Balmung, lalatard.
>>
File: 1495403921306.jpg (41KB, 470x317px) Image search: [Google]
1495403921306.jpg
41KB, 470x317px
>>383798104
I don't even care about buffs, I just want my spells back. Managing five separate DoTs on top of the usual responsibilities of a healer was what made that job fun to begin with and they decided to remove all of that. I don't mind the fairy nerfs, the Aetherflow nerf, or even the Bane nerf, but removing half of their offensive kit was entirely unneeded.
>>
>>383798786
Due to the netcode of this game, everyone you see in motion is actually a bit ahead of where they look like they are, it has always been this way
>>
File: yoshi.jpg (54KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
yoshi.jpg
54KB, 620x320px
>>383798853
too complex for controller players, please understand.
>>
>>383798853
Just play a dps lmao
>>
>>383798850

It seemed appropriate for an easy roulette.
>>
>>383795981
The final fight was great tho.
>>
>>383798930
the question is why does this shit happen in instances? you would think the netcode would be improved inside instances where there's only 8 players to calculate, not 100.
>>
>>383799035
Only PvP has that type of netcode.
>>
>>383798931
Why Yoshi-P usually holds the mic like a rap gangsta?
>Wears like 6 rings
Is he secretly a Yakuza?
>>
>>383799035
SE is just bad at these sort of things
>>
>both keyboard healers slide off the platform in Shinryu 2nd phase and we wipe
Why are all keyboard players so fucking bad at this game?
This is the kind of argument you make to make yourself feel better.
>>
>>383794785
>I still get a kick out of hearing night elf hunter stories
Damn, I need to read some of those. Every single hunter I ever met was a complete fucking downer.
Thread posts: 587
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.