[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting this for the first time after Morrowind is like watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

Starting this for the first time after Morrowind is like watching your loved one get violently raped, mindbroken and stripped of her former self, like replaying Fallout 3.

Convince me to keep going please
>>
>>383777873
Can you use a food analogy instead please
>>
>>383777873

No.
>>
>her
Sorry, can't relate.
>>
>>383777873
I won't.
People like to hate Skyrim nowadays, but I actually still think it was better than Oblivion.
Do play the Shivering Isles though. The expansion is great.
>>
File: morrowind fans.jpg (24KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind fans.jpg
24KB, 360x270px
>>383777991

here you go

morrowind is terrible and does not hold up at all.
>>
>>383777873
>Starting this for the first time after Morrowind is like watching your loved one get violently raped, mindbroken and stripped of her former self

Goddamnit, anon, don't play it modded for the first time.
>>
I'm about to play through oblivion, but I hear awful things about the level scaling, and that it's possible to fuck yourself and level in a way that makes the later game practically impossible.

How do I avoid this fate?
>>
>it's a Morrowindfags stroke themselves off again in a desperate attempt at reaffirmation episode
>>
>>383778136

Create your own class. For your Major Skills, pick one skill for each stat (Strength, Dex), eg. Blade, archery, mysticism etc. Make sure they are stats you don't want to use. You only level up after 10 Major skill increases, so can entirely control when you level up.
>>
Best way to enjoy oblivion is to focus on the quests since thats where the game shines, both random ones and the guilds. also using magic along with other stuff makes the gameplay a little bit better. If you need an inn sleep in the boat inn outside the imperial city
>>
>>383778136
Use a mod that changes it, there's I believe a mod that gives the game a different, more logical levelling system, and another that removes the "levelled world" and makes it like Morrowind. In fact there's probably several, look through the nexus and pick what looks the best to you.

You're not missing out on anything by playing it like this for the first time, in fact I'd argue you'll miss out more by not doing this since you won't see half the levelled creatures and shit unless you really spend a long while at the game going up the levels
>>
>>383778050
So the role playing elements, writing, and world building are now worse because why? Enjoy your shallow action """"rpgs"""
>>
>>383778136

I think there are mods that can fix the leveling and scaling which is very fundamentaly broken.

Playing the game normally is very likely to result in you becoming very weak vs the scaled enemies at higher levels.

Oblivion had a lot of flaws but I had some fun with the custom spell crafting system so I would highly recommend playing a mage.
>>
>>383778350
This system is so dumb and immersion breaking it's straight up better to just instantly mod the game with a better leveling system. That's the benefit of playing it in 2017, all the mods are out and available.
>>
>everyone talks about how great the thieves guild and DB are
>no one ever mentions the god tier fighters guild
did anyone even play through it past the grunt missions?
>>
Take off the nostalgia glasses, I find it easier to play games without them on.
>>
>>383778648
I wish these games had more grunt missions. You kill a couple of wolves and clear a mine and next thing you know you're the leader of the guild.
They could even just reward you for killing monsters or give you a random cave to clear. At least that would give the guild some kind of purpose once you've finished the quests
>>
>>383778864
I feel like in that vein the rng theivs guild quests in skyrim were kinda neat, its a shame about litterally everything else though
>>
>>383778050
GenZ brats can't appreciate anything that isn't clear cut and spoonfed to them, like baby formula
>>
For all its shortcomings the side quests were really good. Just compare the dark brotherhood chain to the skyrim one. What the fuck happened?
>>
File: tumblr_o2vad0S0kw1u9lxjdo1_540.gif (972KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2vad0S0kw1u9lxjdo1_540.gif
972KB, 540x405px
>>383778136
omg just lower the difficulty if it's too hard you retard. im sick of this meme
>>
>>383777873
I think Oblivion has the best side quests and moment, maybe it's just nostalgia though. *sigh* I remember roaming Cyrodiils night as a vampire for ages and the moment I cured myself and stepped out in the daylight for the first time again. I think I'll never experience a video game like that, I just don't enjoy them as much anymore. I am not sure if it's me, or the games...
>>
>>383779165
Yes, the leveling system being fundamentally broken and only fixable by a shitty slider is a meme.
>>
>that vampire cure quest
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea?
>>
>>383779225
*like that again
>>
>>383779238
don't be retarded
>>
>>383779258
me, I miss stuff like that
they wouldn't dare doing sth like that nowadays! They won't even make the vampire right and only let him be outside at night, because the modern idiot gamer must have it as easy as possible...
>>
>>383777873
well if you don't keep going, you have to play skyrim.
>>
>>383779410
in anything other then graphics and lvling, skyrim sucks ass compared to oblivion
>>
>>383779343
Play the game before talking about it.
>>
File: 20170713014324_1.jpg (283KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170713014324_1.jpg
283KB, 1920x1200px
>>383777873
who /bruma/ here?
>>
>>383777873

Graphics are better, there's some decent enough quests, and the area is pretty good.

But yeah, they dumbed it down, stripped tons of weapon-types, and put in that awful level scaling system.
>>
I played Oblivion as an illusion and conjurer master. Eventually I could just run through dungeons invisible, but my conjured demoms would hardly do any damage. A real shame because I was having fun, and the game turned into "turn invisible and have conjured monsters very slowly chip and health"
>>
>>383779925
You didn't have to play a mage to be invisible. I savescummed the super soulstones from the oblivion gates until they had chameleon effect. Then I enchanted a daedric armor set for constant 100%+ chameleon effect.
>>
>>383779718
Something about Bruma is damn comfy once I install the vampire hunting mods.
Probably because I played VtM:Redemption.

Also any Oblivionfags got the Emc2 and Dynamic Music system mods to work?
>>
>>383780068
Might as well just get 100% reflection if you are going to do that shit.
>>
File: 20170713140645_1.jpg (322KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170713140645_1.jpg
322KB, 1920x1200px
>>383780107
i like the dungeon and quest design

much less "hand-holdy" than the main game which is a nice improvement
>>
>>383778035
*her(male)
>>
>>383780830
There's also Snu's Dungeons and Better Dungeons.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.