[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good games you don't hear people talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

File: 250px-Coverchulip.jpg (28KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Coverchulip.jpg
28KB, 250x350px
What are some good games you don't hear people talk about too often?
>>
File: Zork Grand Inquisitor.jpg (673KB, 1600x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Zork Grand Inquisitor.jpg
673KB, 1600x1158px
This was one of my favorite games growing up, but I've never met anyone who's ever played it.
>>
hoi tsu
>>
Off the top of my head:

PC - NOX
PS1 - The Adventures of Cookies and Cream (or was it PS2?)
PS2 - Gregory Horror Show

Random Indie: White Night (played through this 3x in one sitting, so damn GOOOD!)
>>
>>383771158

Actually, scratch the PS1 one off my list. Need to rethink of a better one.
>>
>>383771158
Hell yeah, Nox
>>
File: fatal-frame.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fatal-frame.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I wish the Fatal Frame series had more than just a cult following. They're such pretty horror games.
>>
File: DSRKCoverArt.png (2MB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSRKCoverArt.png
2MB, 849x1200px
I feel like Raidou never gets the love he deserves.
>>
>>383771285

As the Warrior, when you charge that Wizard's Tower and get to kill them... man that was thrilling!
All those traps, secret doors, and ambushes - my GOD, I miss Westwood Studios :(
>>
>>383771708
I grew up with Diablo and wasn't introduced to Nox until I was in my early 20's. At first I wanted to hate it because "Nothing could ever be as good as Diablo 2" but I ended up liking it so much.
>>
I've never played any FF games aside from this one. I'm aware of what I'm missing and I'm fine with that because this game was stupid and fun enough.
>>
>>383771856

Yep, D1 and D2 are pretty unmatched.
>>
Anachronox is pretty rad. It's really like a JRPG made by western developers so it gets super weird in places. I loved that a lot of the sidequests were really natural moral dilemmas.
Like there's a cop that will pay you really well to get pictures of a certain type of alien but you already know that these dudes are constantly taken in for petty crimes to be tortured for hours. Some of that stuff comes back to you near the end of the game.

>>383771158
I was really excited to find out that Gregory Horror Show can finally be emulated. Game is a little short but it gets pretty intense on the 3rd and 4th nights. The show was so good and I think the game is a pretty good adaption for something so simple. Some characters like roulette boy aren't nearly as terrifying in the show as they are in game.

>>383771550
I really loved these games because they're really similar to a series of books I read as a kid called The Bartimaeus Trilogy. The combat isn't as bad as everyone says but it kind of depends on individual demons. Like my nigga Oni is garbage but the cab driver from Holloween Town was tearing dudes up like nobodies business. The only really frustrating thing is that you can have 6 dudes at a time and you'd better not be missing one with an exploration/investigation skill you need.
>>
>>383771550
I'd kill for a new raidou. Doesn't even have to be raidou, an arpg with demon companions would be great
>>
It's a bummer that so many people all just play the same games. I feel like a lot of current gen games are spreading themselves too thin, and end up being more of a flash in the pan than anything else. Every game kinda feels the same now a days with vague elements of different genres, but nothing really fleshed out fully. I'm struggling to find anything worthwhile on ps4 right now.
>>
File: spider-the-video-game-ps1.jpg (29KB, 420x368px) Image search: [Google]
spider-the-video-game-ps1.jpg
29KB, 420x368px
>>
>>383771018
Fuck that cat.
>>
Primal. Basically Legend of Zelda for the PS2, except early 2000's edgy and grungy but in a good way.
>>
I'm aware of the new furry rehash, but this game is the end all of rhythm games for me.
>>
The perfect amount of stupid and genius https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxYv9cvvM9U
>>
>>383772584
For a second I thought my favorite series was going to get a revival, but it's just a shitty VR game. No Heroes Allowed used to be so good. It's basically Dungeon Keeper but based on balancing out your ecology rather than the economy.
>>
It'd be nice if the indie game community focused more on being actually creative rather than making more cookie cutter "art games" Then there would at least be some decent alternatives to the repetitive triple a games.
>>
>>383772602
That cover alone makes me want to play it, pure kino
>>
Goodnight /v/ you've once again let me down. Aside from the few people here who actually care about games, this board is full of retards who just eat the shit that's spoon fed to them. I don't know why I ever expect to find anything here other than the same shit on repeat. For the past few days all I've wanted was to find something new, but it's always the same shit, like 5 other people who are also looking for something different and then wave after wave of generic idiots telling me to "Just play Skyrim" Take a trip off the beaten trail for once, otherwise the gaming industry is just going to keep cranking out forgettable shiny turd after forgettable shiny turd.
>>
File: kys.png (711KB, 1600x2162px) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
711KB, 1600x2162px
>>383774048
>>
>>383774145
Shut up you dumb idiot, you're the problem.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.