[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>takes several bullets to head >survives How do I beat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: XCOM-EU_Sectoids.jpg (150KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
XCOM-EU_Sectoids.jpg
150KB, 610x343px
>takes several bullets to head
>survives
How do I beat this game on impossible? I get BTFO on second mission, there are too many of them, and they all have 4hp and my dudes die in single hit
>>
git
gud
>>
File: Git Gud Chap.jpg (132KB, 1061x752px) Image search: [Google]
Git Gud Chap.jpg
132KB, 1061x752px
Git Gud
>>
>>383771015
Anything more than that? I already won this game on classic ironman, but impossible seems impossible
>>
>>383771205
Real advice some of it just getting lucky with shots and taking it real show with alot of overwatch and grenades in the first few missions until you can get going.
>>
>>383771419
But there too few grenades and on abduction there is around 10-12 enemies. And 4hp means I can't 1-shot them with nades. Also they are very tightly packed so I usually fight outnumbered 2:1 or even worse
>>
>>383770958
You can't. It's impossible. It's right there in the name.
>>
My HDD died recently and I lost all of my progress so instead of finishing I'm just gonna go straight to XCOM 2
>>
>>383770958
Git gud and break los

>t. Ironman Impossible 0 countries lost, 2 soldiers lost
>>
>>383770958
They stop the bullets just in time before it penetrates the skull.

They have an auto psychic bubble around their noggin.

Because it has to make sense to exist. The entire game is risk management. Choose less risky moves and preparation will save you tons of time.
>>
>>383771979
>break los
>alien AI goes berserk and runs out of cover or otherwise flanks itself
>take ez 65% shots and watch your trash rookies shame themselves
>reroll the campaign
Once you get through the first month and get MECs rolling you've won the game
>>
>>383771979
It's obviously not guaranteed success because muh RNG, but you always want to do the safest possible option and take as few risks as possible.
Only move 1 soldier forward at a time to reveal new ground, then have others follow. Blow up cover or go for guaranteed grenade kills at the cost of resources. When you run into enemies, move back to break LOS and set up overwatch traps in areas you know are safe instead of advancing to meet them and possibly running into more.
This one is more preference, but unless you know something's going to move, take hunker down instead of overwatch to protect your guys since a single overwatch is enough to stop enemies from moving.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.