[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grabbed it during the Summer Sale because everyone wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: me_som.jpg (127KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
me_som.jpg
127KB, 460x215px
Grabbed it during the Summer Sale because everyone wouldn't shut up about how good of a deal it is, and I'm having a hard time looking for the fun

>All of the top Steam Controller configs are fucking broken and I have to resort to Keyboard+Mouse
>Combat is just Arkham with swords
>Entire world map is about the size of the Great Plateau from BotW
>All I'm doing is hunting down icons on the minimap like a Ubisoft game

Did I get meme'd on? All I heard about this game was how amazing the nemesis system is and how dynamic the power struggle is between all of the enemies.
>>
sounds like u got duped op
>>
Nah, that's pretty much it. Game Reviewers loved it because it was piss easy so they could actually finish it.
>>
>>383769862
>because everyone wouldn't shut up about how good of a deal it is
literally what
goty edition has been on sale for 5 bucks like 300 times before the steam sale
>>
>>383769862
>Did I get meme'd on?

Yes, you did.
I don't know what you heard online, but Shadow of Mordor is a "neat concept, shallow execution"- it's more of a full price tech demo that plays all it's cards rather quickly before quality steadily drops and repetition sets in.

Most of the final end game stuff actually made me laugh in shock and awe with how incomplete and pathetic it was.
>>
>>383769862
I got meme'd= too man only difference is that i got it for free so i didnt feel too memed
>>
>>383769862
Wait until you get access to branding, anon. You get it after you get to the second map.
>>
The only real interesting or unique thing about it is the nemesis system
And honestly if you're just blowing through the game and pay 0 attention to anything you will not notice it at all.
I found the nemesis system fun enough that I ended up making my own challenges by forcing all the enemies to level up before I had scouted them then wandered around the world map and just encountered them at random or when I invaded forts for fun, if a bit short lived, fights.
>>
I haven't played an open world game in years besides GTA. It was a nice refresher for me. I liked being overpowered as hell using stealth in it. It was difficult in the beginning especially when I had literally no idea what was going on and went to go do a mission but somehow 6 captains aggroed on me at the same time 5 minutes out of the tutorial. Spent like an hour doing that which was fun. But after that it was pretty easy, still enjoyable for 4 bucks though.
>>
>>383769862
>Steam controller
For what possible purpose did you buy that dumpster fire
>>
It's actually a really mediocre game.

>Combat it one-note and boring. Rhythm clicking and then pressing F every few seconds to win.

>A handful of side content that doesn't matter. Why am I picking random plants? Why am I shooting bats? Why are there even multiple types of plants if they all just heal?

>There's one or two mission types, with a minor methodology changeup, they're all the same.

>WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO SIT THROUGH UNSKIPPABLE TALKING SCENES EVERY TIME A NAMED ENEMY SHOWS UP EVEN WHEN THERE'S 10 OF THEM

>I learned to ride a wolf and a big troll for...what? What did I actually do with that ability? How exactly did that help me move the plot forwards if it never comes up again?

>Why couldn't I just have the possession power from the start? Why does possessing every single Elite Warchief not do anything? I own the whole army.

>Was there even a final boss? Legit don't know. Did I QTE-fight Sauron? Or some rando?

There's more, but you get my point.
>>
>>383770085
>Game Reviewers loved it because they were bribed
ftfy
>>
>>383771457
Why bother bribing them? The dumb fucks give out high scores like candy anyway.
>>
It looks like they improved a good bit for shadow of war, so that's neat

> bigger map
> some/most boss fights are actually orcs instead of QTEs (Dunno about story bosses so that may still be shit)
> better loot system

I think the nemesis system's rad as fuck and I like the setting, so I guess I'm shilling it a bit. The combat system still looks pretty trash and easy AF, but at least they're learning a little. Maybe it'll be better next game.
>>
It kinda sucks in a lot of ways and offers up some really frustrating shit, just like Mad Max and the Arkham games. The devs feel like amateurs who got a budget.

That being said it's a fucking blast to bully the orcs at high level. I had one """ambush"""" me and brag about his trap while all five of his bodyguards were branded by me. The little cutscene of him talking shit while all of his bodyguards have those white, glowing eyes was gold.

Still makes me laff. Kinda pissed my 40 hour nemesis died off screen though.
>>
>AAA as it gets
>ever good
Son, I'm so fucking disappointed.
>>
>>383771176
this the last boss was one of the most disappointing things ever

the gollum missions were so boring the worst was the unskippable uruks like even if you've met them before its every encounter

I enjoy the idea of this but its really easy and boring, it would be cool if uruks would attack yours once they're figured out, hold territories put uruks under your command there they fight power struggles that aren't just decided when you want them to be
>>
>>383769862
Yes you did. It's just the worst aspects of the Bamham and Asscreed games slapped together into one very mediocre open world game where you experience everything it has to offer like an hour in. Even the nemesis system as cool as it sounded was poorly fleshed out. Everything they made after Condemned has been so bland or outright terrible it breaks my heart.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.