[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about the best Telltale VN Just slightly ahead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

File: 20170713023816_1.jpg (431KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170713023816_1.jpg
431KB, 1920x1080px
Lets talk about the best Telltale VN

Just slightly ahead of wolf among us
>>
>>383767406
It was nice
>>
File: Sam_&_Max_3D.png (100KB, 300x331px) Image search: [Google]
Sam_&_Max_3D.png
100KB, 300x331px
>>383767406
>>
>>383767406
Sequel when?
And why is Troy Baker such a god?
>>
File: MEOW!.png (111KB, 311x304px) Image search: [Google]
MEOW!.png
111KB, 311x304px
>>383767406
I consider it the last good thing Telltale did. As well as the last good Borderlands thing.

>>383769796
I'M STILL MAD!
>>
>Rhys has a crush on Sasha and not best girl Fiona

wtf telltale
>>
>>383767406
>best game
>not SBCG4AP
DELETED
>>
For me:

TOP Tier - Wolf Among Us, Dead Season 1 and Tales from the Borderlands

Decent Tier - Back to the Future, Dead: Michone,

Awful - Game of Thrones, Dead Season 2 + 400 Days.

Never got to play/try: Sam/Max and/or Jurassic Park
>>
I'd like to see another go at Puzzle Agent without lazily recycling Scoggins like 2 did.
>>
TftB > TWD:S1 = TWAU >> Batman >>>>>TWD:S3 > TWD:S2

Haven't played GoT because I want to watch the show at some point, and I couldn't bring myself to care about Michonne.
>>
>>383770207
>>383770287

What about Minecraft?
>>
>>383770207

Oh, forgot Batman is "Decent"
>>
File: Kermit.gif (893KB, 253x197px) Image search: [Google]
Kermit.gif
893KB, 253x197px
>>383770365
I'm sorry, what are you talking about? Telltale never touched the Minecraft series. Why are we talking about Minecraft?

Don't make me fucking remember it,
Telltale was officially dead to me after that
>>
>>383770365

Never played it, but from what I've seen on YT, it seems a bit better than Game of Thrones, which sounds absurd, I know, but really GoT was soooo underwhelming. The only redeeming thing about that game was Asher and his friend (I forget her name).
>>
File: sasha a shit.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sasha a shit.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>383770076
Your decisions actually matter.

Should've picked Fiona and never picked any <3Sasha dialogue choices. In fact, you should only pick [hate] Sasha choices since she's a slut that got her anus reamed by bitch boy August.
>>
File: U9CDpxQ.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
U9CDpxQ.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383767406

HYPERION STOOGE!

Also... FEELS.jpeg
>>
>>383769796
I already hated Telltale back then. It didn't have any of the charm of Hit the Road.
>>
First episode was the best by far. Second was okay, third and fourth kind of slumped, and fifth was good but only because who doesn't love giant robot mecha kaiju battles? Overall I look forward to a S2 if it can be at least as good or hopefully better, but I won't hold my breath.
>>
>>383767406

ttg made the best out of the steaming shit pile that is Borderlands lore.
>>
>>383767406
This was an okay game. It's really overrated though. I liked the charm and comedy that it had, but I struggled finishing it up for some reason. The story and characters were just meh to me. I was glad when I finally finished it.

RIP Scooter ;_;7
>>
File: lil nut.png (239KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
lil nut.png
239KB, 640x360px
>>383770207
I really like 400 days, the only thing that gets me mad is how much wasted potential it was when Telltale decided to choose to focus on fucking Bonnie of all the characters instead of best boy, Nate
>>
File: DDmbOKHXcAEVttO.jpg (18KB, 386x376px) Image search: [Google]
DDmbOKHXcAEVttO.jpg
18KB, 386x376px
>>383770452
>Looking at review site for general vidya news
>See review for Telltale Minecraft episode
>Weird, thought that dumpster fire finished up a while ago
>Season 2 Episode 1 Review

I genuinely didn't know.
>>
File: 12123_4a24070124c81[1].jpg (187KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
12123_4a24070124c81[1].jpg
187KB, 600x338px
>>383770623
Although I just remembered that insultingly bad Monkey Island game they did. At least it wasn't as bad as that.
>>
Am I the only one who liked Talia's game?
>>
>>383770743

I thought it was really strange how Bonnie suddenly goes psycho on Clem for letting (you know who) die. It's very weird.
>>
File: This Cannot Continue.png (142KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
This Cannot Continue.png
142KB, 434x434px
>>383770769
>just looked it up after your post
I DIDN'T EITHER. Fucking Telltale.
>tfw they used (((famous))) Minecraft YouTubers AGAIN
>>
>>383770769
>Minecraft got a S2 almost immediately
>TWAU is forever dead
>>
>>383769930
Borderlands 3 will be a sequel
>>
>>383770719
Am I legitimately autistic if I didn't launch the satellite? I was really surprised to see how high the percentage on that was, like I respected his sacrifice and everything and you can bet I step 3'd the shit out of him, but I hardly thought an advertisement constituted a "memorial." Plus it would fuck with the entire purpose of going up in the first place.
>>
>>383770965
>Sam and Max Season 4 NEVER EVER
Fucking Minecraft/Walking Dead fags.

HOW are the dead still walking anyway, they should have decomposed already.
>>
>>383770965
The comics ended. Why would they do another? The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones just exist as expensive advertisements for other products.
>>
>>383770945
Bonnie was the worst character in 400 days and somehow became worse, they could have chosen literally any other character in 400 Days and somehow chose the one with the worst story and just worst character traits.
The worst fucking part is when you see the other 400 Days characters for all of 3 seconds if they came to Wellington, like a sick joke.
>>
>>383770805
PS Plus is giving this game and Until Dawn for """"""free""""""" this month.

I heard Telltale GoT is shit though, and I wanna try it but I can't bring myself to care about anything Telltale makes besides maybe TWD. I played Tales from the Borderlands a couple months ago and I thought it was alright, but not amazing.

Should I even bother trying this out?
>>
>>383771006

It's a Telltale game. None of your decisions actually matter that much. You make it onto Hyperion just fine.
>>
>>383771082
Walking Dead is just "LET'S ARGUE ALL THE TIME" the series.
>>
>>383771006
You aren't autistic if you chose not to launch the satellite. I chose to launch it because I knew my choice didn't actually matter. I was expecting Hyperion to catch us eventually so I just said fuck it and honored Scooter's last little wish.
>>
>>383771128
Unless you're some sort of diehard GoT fan I wouldn't bother. Until Dawn is pretty good though, does Telltale's schtick much better than Telltale.
>>
File: Coochie_is_disappointed.png (167KB, 617x563px) Image search: [Google]
Coochie_is_disappointed.png
167KB, 617x563px
>>383771168
just
what was the point of Nate's character
he played 2 major roles in 400 Days with Russ and Eddie, almost like he was being hyped as an antagonist in season 2, then nope and we get fuckboy Arvo instead. Fuck you telltale.
>>
>>383771057
>The comics ended. Why would they do another?
For Walking Dead, because the Show is still going

As for Game of Thrones it's HBO's biggest money maker, so why not?

I ain't diving into either because of how much catching up I would have to do. I already tried it with Game of Thrones, could barely get to 1/4ths of Season 1 before I just gave up.

>>383771128
> """"""free"""""""
What? Is it free for those who have PS Plus only or something like that?
>>
>>383770481
>The only redeeming thing about that game was Asher and his friend (I forget her name).
Asher was a wisecracking action hero who was never in any kind of danger until the final chapter. Felt like his character was designed for Chris Pratt to play in a summer blockbuster. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this and I'd probably enjoy it in another story, but it was so goddamn out of place with the tone of Game of Thrones that I couldn't stand his scenes. He actually sounded interesting before you met him when he was described as a short tempered brute who constantly fucked himself over with poor decision making. The game as a whole was pretty shoddily written though. At best it felt like a teenage fanfic, and it was painfully obvious how little choice you had.
>>
>>383771357
Honestly I don't even play Walking Dead. Just never cared for it knowing what it was.

When will the military come out with vaccines and kill all the slow, decomposing zambos?

God this is why I prefer games like L4D and even Resident Evil. At least you're spending time KILLING zombies.
>>
>>383771128
>Until Dawn
Choices matter, and you are also not supposed to do every single QTE prompt that comes up, so it's not a "press X to survive" simulator. You can choose to always press X but as a result you or someone else is going to die, and they won't come back.

>GoT
Choices don't fucking matter. I mean come on, it's Telltale. If you love GoT then go ahead and knock yourself out.
>>
What did you guys think of game of thrones? Just got in on ps+ and gared's nothingness pissed me off, especially if the game never gets a sequel.
>>
>>383771421
Yeah it's free only for PS Plus members. Also, when your Plus membership ends you lose access to those games unless you renew, that's why I put the """"""""free"""""""""

>>383771339
>>383771587
Thanks guys.
>>
>>383771587
My only complaint about Until Dawn is how the Wendigos look like slightly bigger Gollums from LOTRs.

If we're doing Wendigos, I want freaky Deer monsters.
>>
>>383771128
I mean they're free games so why not? Just get them anyway, and play them on a whim some day if you really feel like it.
>>
>>383771687
>Also, when your Plus membership ends you lose access to those games unless you renew, that's why I put the """"""""free"""""""""
Well that sucks hard.
>>
Tales from the Borderlands had better writing than the last two mainline Borderlands games

It was a super ballsy move to kill scooter and crash the satellite in it, considering how plot-important they were, so I'm hoping that gearbox doesn't just shit all over that in BL3
>>
>>383771753
I always pictured wendigos as yetis.
>>
>>383771896

It makes sense from a business standpoint though. It'd be too easy to get a PS+ free trial and download the free games every month.
>>
>wolf among us
Great atmosphere, great music, spawn some awesome r34, but the plot was slapped together shit that was anticlimactic and didn't make any sense. I don't understand while the game is regarded so highly beyond its aesthetic value.

Tales was pretty great though.
>>
>>383773896
That's because TellTale handled most of the dialogue because Gearbox knew they were better at it than they were.
BL3 should be fine since the original lead writer was working on it before he left Gearbox because of his failing health.
>>
I'm sorry, but Snowwhite is my waifu, therefore TWBU is the best Telltale VN.

>>383769796
He wrote VN. The Sam & Max games are actually games.
>>
>>383776708
Bloody Mary was best Wolf waifu.
>>
>>383777000
You, sir, are sick and disgusting. Yet, I appreciate you taste.
>>
>>383776487
Wait

He is Dying?
>>
>>383779036
Mikey Neumann's health has been hanging by a thread for a while now. Not too long ago, he had a seizure or something and he had to relearn how to walk, talk, and write again.
>>
>>383770805
I wanted to protect her but the shit fucking game didn't even give me the option. God I hated so much about telltale GoT
>>
>>383770805

Worst Telltale game by far

>Exiled
>Family across the sea needs you
>Decide to gather an army
>Devote 5/6 episodes on that sole task
>"Don't worry brother, I've come across the narrow sea with a total of 15 dirty mulatos and slaves to fight that massive mercenary army "
>Get BTFO no matter what
>Nothing you do across the 6 fucking episodes changes this
>You get to sit there and eat the spoonfuls of shit directed your way

Seriously, fuck that game
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.