[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm really starting to think this game just isn't that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
I'm really starting to think this game just isn't that good.

>World that seems alive but soon grows stale after you do a few side quests/points of interest
>No random events
>Shit-tier alchemy system
>Combat is dull
>Leveling up takes forever

I enjoy the setting and Geralt as a character, but my overall experience so far has been sorta lackluster. Anyone else feel the same?
>>
>>383765081
>No random events
Shit padding, and completely pointless in a game you haven't even played before.
Theres plenty of unmarked small quests all over the place.
>Combat is dull
Try death march, and try to use dodge rather than dodgeroll and see if it tickles your fancy.
>Shit-tier alchemy system
I don't see it.
>>
>>383765345
Using alcohol to restock your potions is the most casual fucking thing I've ever seen, and completely ruins the point of having plants growing all over the map. Skyrim has a better alchemy system than this game.
>>
I like cupcakes
>>
The poster below me is gay
>>
>catched
>>
>>383765520
It would be way too hard to find what you need for specific potions, especially since theres potions for specific kinds of monsters both beneficial to user and bad for enemies.
Its like a collectathon mentality where you're rewarded infinitely once you find what you need.

Skyrim's alchemy system is an easily broken pile of shit where you can make a resist paralysis potion from wheels of cheese.
>>
>>383765081
I agree
>>
>>383765081
it isn't good. it takes about 2 hours of playing it to decide this. everything about it is bad and not fun.

well i guess the animated sequences and shit are good, but that's not video games

also
>couldn't fuck the twins

dropped the game right then and there, that was the straw the broke the camels back
>>
>>383765837
Lol fag
>>
>>383765345
>shitty padding
>in a map covered in boring POI with no loot and the same bad guys over and over
>>
>>383765345
death march doesn't make it any better btw.
>>
>>383765520
They causalized the alchemy system from 1 and 2, cause they said they thought the audience would find herb hunting a bothersome.
Never liked how they did that, it ruined most of the feel from the first two games, achemy was always like a some what mini game. Especially finding the right alchemic bases to form a potion, most ingredients shared the same bases so anything that had the right traits could be use for a specific potion or oil.
But they dropped that idea in 3 and simplified the alchemy system, cause I guess it would suit console users.

But thats why you use the W3EE mod now, it brings back most of the old systems from the old games, like real time meditation
>>
Its honestly a really boring game. The gameplay is god awful (played on Death March and never felt slightly inconvenienced) and is filled with useless systems like alchemy and the skill trees. The main story is poorly paced and boring as fuck. I feel like liking this game is meme perpetuated by people who love really poorly put together open world RPGs and games that are "super focused on player choice". Other games do everything this tries to do better. And the books tell stories way more interesting than the unnecessary sequels the games are.
>>
>>383765081
TW3 is the game that convinced me that I would never suffer through open-world or shitty combat for "story" ever again
>>
>>383765081
I like The Witcher series, but I agree. What gives me hope is that mechanically at least the games kept improving so maybe the next one will finally offer some proper ARPG gameplay instead of this boring compromise.
>>
File: witcher3gotyimage1.jpg (331KB, 1586x1048px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3gotyimage1.jpg
331KB, 1586x1048px
>buttmad contrarians
>>
>>383766009
>it isn't good. it takes about 2 hours of playing it to decide this
only took me 40 minutes, and most of that was dull mandatory story crap
>>
>>383770262
>Fallout 4 coming 2nd
>Still thinking that goty awards mean anything
>>
>>383770262
means literally nothing
>>
>>383765081
here comes the no taste fanboys coming to defend it!

dumbed down console shite.
>>
File: geralt-thumbs-up.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
geralt-thumbs-up.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
i love it. so many years after release and this game still causes so much /v/ tears. its just so amazing lmao
>>
>>383767925
im playing on death march but since the combat aint that great what setting should i play on?
>>
>>383771334
And what exactly do you gain from pretending to like a bad game?
>>
disagree
>>
>>383768857
go to sleep old man
>>
>>383771626
thanks for the bump faggot
>>
story amazing, quest amazing, graphics amazing, open world amazing, dialogue amazing, characters amazing, atmosphere amazing, production values amazing loved by the game press and one of the greatest RPGs ever made but apparently some elitest people on /v/ think the combat wasn't great so its baaaaad.
>>
It was kinda boring. People just like it because it had fancy graphics and a little different from Call of Dooty and Assassins Creed. I can see that you could be interested in the promise of the world they tease you with until you realize that it's all very repetitous and the main quest is really dumb.
>>
>>383765081
>story is shit

you forgot one.

I decided to read the books to see if it was any better, that maybe the devs just did a shit job with adapting it, but honestly they were pretty faithful with how god awful it is. It reads a like a bad fanfic as in the very last book [spoilers]ciri time/space travels and ends up going on an adventure with king arthur, merlin, and all the other fucks of the roundtable.[/spoilers]
>>
>>383772363
Why did you finish the saga? Only decent books are the short stories. Don't fall for the Polish memesters.
>>
>>383772363
my bad, messed up spoiler tag.

>>383772428
had like a week with nothing to do. but didn't finish the last one. Pretty much as soon as i found out ciri ended up in a old english fantasy universe i set the book down and never picked it up again.
>>
>>383772363
>start reading the first book because /v/ tells me its great
>its just pages and pages of ciri bitching

was there any monster hunting later on ?
>>
>>383772674
No, the saga is mostly shit. The short stories is where the witching happens.
>>
>>383772717
as i recall, there was only like 1 monster hunting story. the rest may have had monsters, but it didn't really fit the bill as him hunting down and witching shit.
>>
>>383765520
You have clearly not done a bomb build. It's fucking amazing.
>>
>>383772817
correction, 2. 1 was a pureist hunting story, the other was not so much.
>>
>>383765520
This desu.
Alchemy was the best in W1. In W2 it was a chore and W3 is so fucking casualized it basically does itself.
>>
>>383771334
>butted mail
>it's not even modeled

embarrassing
>>
>>383772363
Witcher 3 was pretty terrible in story category, worse than the worst books

Witcher 1 and 2 were way better, and really exceptional (for video games)
>>
>>383772363
Last book wasn't all that bad , there was potential for development of relationships, triangles between Geralt, Ciri, Eredin and Avalach, but Witcher 3 did absolutely nothing with the source material, it just retconned heavily and turned Eredin into Darth Vader
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.