[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do people see in this game? It and Skyward are the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

What do people see in this game? It and Skyward are the worst console Zeldas.
>>
Most of Twilight Princess is pretty good, except for a few dungeons and the first part. (which is pretty comfy IMO just too slow of a start) Also had memorable characters and a good soundtrack, the art style grows on you even if it looks dated. Skyward Sword had awful gameplay (I struggled to finish it), mediocre soundtrack (sucks that it had to be the first orchestrated Zelda) and I remember like 3 characters from it. The story was decent though and the art style is fucking beautiful, one of the best looking games in the series. Doesn't excuse the gameplay though.
>>
Twilight Princess had more dungeons than WW with some unique themes and fun items, an actual overworld again, slightly improved combat, and one of the best companion character in the series. It had its flaws and looks like ass now, but it was nowhere near the disaster SS was.
>>
File: Mature Batman.jpg (53KB, 420x510px) Image search: [Google]
Mature Batman.jpg
53KB, 420x510px
>>383760713
It came out during the teenage era of gaming where they were trying REALLY hard to be a "mature and serious medium". Wind Waker got absolute shit and it's sales suffered from it even though the reviews were good.
Another Cel-Shaded Zelda, tentatively named "Wind Waker 2" was in the works but Howard Lincoln during his last year at NoA got in touch with NoJ to tell them that westerners no longer liked "cartoony" games and if Zelda was to actually sell well it had to be made tailor-made for Western Audiences.

So "Wind Waker 2" became "Ocarina of Time 2", so to speak, in a brown palette, a lot of bloom (also the fad back then), an adult Link, more "serious" plot (I personally felt Wind Waker's was better), and many choices tailor-made for the American audience (cowboy Link, Phantom Zant as a refference to the Star Wars holograms, the spaghetti western town, the Lord of the Rings-inspired design).

People got ABSOLUTELY HYPED when they saw "realistic Legend of Zelda" and that's the entire reason people liked the game.
>>
>>383760713
>t. Wind Waker fan
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8KB, 236x214px
>>383760713
I liked TP quite a bit, I thought playing as a wolf was gimmicky as fuck and i only found myself using it when I needed to, or if I wanted to run faster. I also found the game tried way too damn hard to be unsettling, like it was trying to be Majoras Mask. Other than that I thought the dungeons and bosses were ok. Lakebed Temple, and City in The Sky could fuck off though.
>>
It was the first Zelda for a lot of GameCube babbies, so they hold it in high regard even though it's nothing special among most games in the series.
>>
>>383760713
The dungeons are fantastic, and I honestly think that the art style is the best the series has had so far. The overworld design is awful though.
>>
>>383760713
>console Zeldas.
i was not aware there were any other kind
>>
>>383760713
Aside from Skyward Sword no other Zelda is other than great
>>
>>383760713
Never played it so I don't know
>>
Someone explain to me how TP is worse than WW when it has an actual overworld and a decent amount of dungeons with unique designs. Is it because it isn't as "le comfy" or whatever /v/ says?
>>
SS is unironically better than TP just because they were both wii games. TP GC edition is a weird niche product and nobody thinks about it when they review the series as a whole
>>
>>383762838
nice shitpost but all the handheld zeldas are better than TP even the DS shit if you can learn the controls
>>
It's not so much that TP is bad, but that it doesn't bring anything new to the table. Wind Waker was a bold adventure without precedent. TP just felt like going through the motions. With Wind Waker, I'm sure that most people can remember most of the game clearly. With TP, you'd be hard-pressed to remember anything. The only thing that struck out in my mind was the whole ice area. The mansion was masterful level design and the snowboarding minigame was great. Other than that, TP was very uninspired, and holy shit had the WORST final dungeon in all of Zelda, bar none.
>>
>>383763102
>>383763785

Meant to be in reply to this.
>>
>>383763785
It's not hard to remember Wind Waker clearly when the only thing to remember is sailing for a million hours because no fucking content in the empty ocean.
>>
>>383763102
First half of the game is a slog with having to find bugs, in WW's case the second half with the triforce hunt shit is the slog.
>>
File: 1498458982154.jpg (73KB, 936x864px) Image search: [Google]
1498458982154.jpg
73KB, 936x864px
>>383762786
>That screenshot

I forgot how ugly, muted and drab the colors were in that game.
>>
>>383764107

>not remembering the thrill of discovering the loli fairy
>not remembering encountering weird and bizarre islands
>not getting satisfaction upon returning and conquering those islands
>not shitting your pants the first time you encountered a big octo

WW simulated an adventure. TP simulated OoT but worse.
>>
>>383764560
The original GameCube/Wii version was even worse.
>>
>>383760713
honestly its just you who has shit taste, do us a favor and either gas yourself or go back to overmeme, faggot
>>
>>383764682
WW wasn't my first video game so no, I didn't need to simulate an adventure, I just played games that gave me actual adventures.
>>
>>383761796
Probably could have been the best Zelda if it wasn't built around motion controls.
>>
File: tumblr_nn4x9byJGd1u7nzyzo1_1280.png (769KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn4x9byJGd1u7nzyzo1_1280.png
769KB, 1000x800px
>>383764682
Not him, and I like WW and TP equally for different reasons, but having played them both when they came out, again on Dolphin, and yet again on Wii U, I have to say that none of the things you mentioned were "thrilling" or memorable for me.

WW had an amazing style to it, and a few clever items like the leaf and the grappling hook, but it was otherwise dull, empty, and totally unmemorable in all the worst ways. I remember spending a shitload of days on the Triforce hunt in WW, and being bored to tears with it. TP had the benefit of them learning g from that, and making the bug collections pretty minimal, while actually helping you learn an area when you first arrive.

There was so much variety in TP, whereas in WW, all the interesting stuff is localized to Windfall, and maybe 1 or 2 pyher locations early on, but after that, the islands may as well be the Shrines from BotW.

Imagine a whole game of BotW shrines without an overworld, and just as mediocre dungeons and bosses.
That's WW.
>>
>>383765857
>file name
gas yourself
>>
>>383760713
aesthetics and characters
>>
>>383765857

>mediocre dungeons

I'll admit they weren't the strongest the series has seen but they're far superior to the shitpiles in TP.
>>
>>383765962
>aesthetics
lol okay you're brown empty world sure is aesthetically pleasing
>>
>>383765962
Characters were retarded. The postman is beyond the worse thing in any Zelda game.
>>
>great dungeons
>Illia a cute
>True midna was THICC
>Rad as fuck bosses
>Hyrule field was pretty good at being what a field was supposed to be, and the bulbin riders helped spice things up
>fishing hole was the best in the series
>snowboarding
>>
>>383766045
>but they're far superior to the shitpiles in TP.
Nah, especially if you factor I. The several dungeons that are actually taken from WW's cutting room floor, and cleaned up to be better in general. I mean, that alone invalidates your argument.
>>
>>383762238
>Another Cel-Shaded Zelda, tentatively named "Wind Waker 2" was in the works but Howard Lincoln during his last year at NoA got in touch with NoJ to tell them that westerners no longer liked "cartoony" games and if Zelda was to actually sell well it had to be made tailor-made for Western Audiences
>>
>>383766275

In fact it does, because that implies TP got the rejects.
>>
>>383763102
It's not, people are in love with the idea of WW, not the actual execution.
>>
>>383766045
How? TP had more AND better dungeons. The only standout in WW is Tower of the Gods.
>>
>>383766284
I do. From Aonuma himself.
>http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-on-why-wind-waker-2-became-zelda-twilight-princess/
>>
>>383766653

Dragon Roost was boring, I'll give you that, but Wind Temple and Earth Temple are incredible.
>>
>>383766284
>>383767050
>http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/12/eiji_aonuma_and_satoru_takizawa_on_the_fate_of_wind_waker_2
>>
>>383767050
>>383767154
>However, Wind Waker 2 would have taken place in a more land-based setting, rather than on the sea, so that we could have Link gallop across the land on a horse. But Link’s proportions in Wind Waker weren’t very well suited for riding on horseback, he was too short, and an adult version of Toon Link did not seem appropriate either. So, while we were stuck on those problems, we became aware of the greater demand for a more realistic, taller Link. High-budget live-action fantasy movies were also huge at the time, so with all things considered, we decided to have at it.

Literally says nothing about Howard Lincoln or any of that other conspiratorial nonsense you came up with like "Phantom Zant as a reference to the Star Wars holograms". Stop making shit up you gigantic retard.
>>
File: low quality b8.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low quality b8.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>383766284
>>
>>383767083
I don't know about you but I don't find babysitting annoying companions "incredible". They took the worst part of Jabu Jabu's Belly and dragged it out even more.
>>
>>383767297
I can't fucking find it, I'm googling like a fucking madman, it was posted on another thread last month.
Basically that Twilight Princess was made with the notion of "what do Americans like?" So much TP didnt had a confirmed Japanese release until much much later
>>
>>383763785
>>383764107
I remember a shit ton of Wind Waker and I haven't played that game in over 10 years.

Remember finding the ghost ship for the first time, exploring the sea at night in the storms and stuff. I remember rescuing my little sister and the mini stealth segments and even most of the dungeons, meeting the Ruto and all that.

I do not remember a single dungeon I played in TP at all. I couldn't even really remember the special gadgets other than the spinner.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.