[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>HAHAHAHA WHAT IF WE PUT TRAPS OUTSIDE OF THE PLAYER'S

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>HAHAHAHA WHAT IF WE PUT TRAPS OUTSIDE OF THE PLAYER'S SCREEN WHILE THEY'RE TRAVELLING AT HIGH SPEEDS AND GIVE THEM NO SOUL STATUES BETWEEN 10 MINUTE STRETCHES AFTER THEY'VE PLAYED FOR 20 HOURS AND WANT THE ACTUAL ENDINGS XDDD
>>
File: 1473205693946.png (35KB, 675x827px) Image search: [Google]
1473205693946.png
35KB, 675x827px
how dare you say bad things about hollow knight!!?
>>
>>383759425
git gud
>>
But OP with grubsong and hiveblood you barely lose life at all. Surely you've figured that out by now?
>>
>>383759653
oh woopsy poopsy I guess that makes mandatory damage good design then just learn for next time xD
>>
White Palace was the easiest fucking thing I've ever done. I was expecting something that was going to have me throwing the controller into the TV, but all it was was like that first 30 minutes of Super Meat Boy in difficulty.
I'm not even a hardcore fag either, I couldn't finish Super Meat Boy, I wince in pain even imagining trying to try I Wanna Be The Guy, and I always skip all the hardcore Mario Maker levels. But this level was so easy, there are several benches, several places to regenerate soul, you can even exit and come back at that one part, and it's really short.
Now what I have a problem with is the final arena. I just can't beat it and I'm stuck at 99% as a result, The Radiance was easy by comparison.
>>
Honestly, White Palace isn't even that difficult. Just slow down and think before you act.
>>
>>383759806
Super Meat Boy was challenging but it didn't hit you with shit that you couldn't see coming. Especially that one faggy fucking buzzsaw right at the end of your crystal dash.
>>
Its basic level platforming you fucking underage nigger get gud
>>
>>383759931
Doesn't make buzzsaws at the end of your dashes that are on screen for 1/2 second before they hit you and random fucking spikes while you're falling and can't see until they pop out and probably hit you good design, dumb millenial poster.
>>
>>383759915
I don't remember anything like that in White Palace. I was expecting a lot of unfair stuff from it, given the nature of the game. But it didn't seem to throw any cheese at me and there were actual multiple ways to skip obstacles too, almost as if it was an oversight.
Gonna be honest here, I think I actually spent more time on the escape sequences from Ori and the Blind Forest than White Palace. Combining all three sequences, of course.
>>
>>383759754
Is this how you have to talk? Is someone forcing you to be this way? Doesn't it hurt you?
>>
>>383759754
well its not mandatory damage. it is possible to not get damaged if you're good.
>>
>>383760146
>I don't remember anything like that in White Palace
There's a dash you have to do at just the right height sliding down a wall through a hallway of saws and all of a sudden at the very end is 1 saw that kills you if you didn't have the foresight to stop for something you couldn't see coming.
>>
>>383760250
That might have killed me, but the checkpoints are so incredibly generous in White Palace that I didn't care. Getting just the right height was piss easy, there was a pattern on the wall showing two lines you obviously need to dash from. If you were between those lines, you were good to go.
>>
holy shit white palace was actually so easy. the platforming was pretty simple, nothing felt horribly unfair, and with grubsong + deep focus + hiveblood it is almost impossible to die.

there's no other advice to give other than git good
>>
File: 1487910700193.jpg (39KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1487910700193.jpg
39KB, 512x512px
just use the honeycomb charm if you're that bad at video games

it's legitimately like super meat boy salt factory tier difficulty
>>
>>383759425
Baby's first metroidvania. Need a spoon?
>>
White Palace isn't too big of a difficulty spike if you have been doing the platform challenges throughout the rest of the game. The only part that I had trouble on were the saw and spear corridor at the end of each gauntlet
>>
>>383760250
As if the game didn't do that to you several other times to get you thinking about pressing the stop button

You're in a difficult platforming area, of course you're going to run into it
>>
>>383760903
Any time I saw something bullshit, there always ended up being an easier way around it. I remember saying "holy shit, that's impossible" with the spikes coming from the walls, then I realized they were only coming through one side of the wall and it was actually easy. For the spike corridor, it ended up just being as simple as pressing the dash button on time twice, and then jump dashing twice. White Palace was surprisingly ezpz, it's all because of the generous checkpoints. Ori escape sequences and Cave Story's Hell were actually harder because you'd have to start them over every time.
>>
File: 1486194693435.png (1MB, 1023x570px) Image search: [Google]
1486194693435.png
1MB, 1023x570px
I got to the part where I have to backtrack through every area to collect essence and I don't feel like playing anymore
>>
>>383761547
The backtracking is a little overdone. I know it's a Metroidvania, but it takes forever to get anywhere in the game. I really liked Hollow Knight, but it makes me excited about the new Ori because I know the mobility is just that much better. Game didn't even feel weird without fast travel in the original version of the game, and yet Hollow Knight felt tedious even with fast travel.
>>
>>383762021
They're adding a new form of fast travel in the next patch, I wonder if it will actually be helpful
>>
>>383762184
I really hope so, though I'll probably never replay the game. However if the Hornet gameplay is actually something new, I'd probably play that.
>>
>>383760149
Not him but I say "whoopsie poopsie" sometimes because it's kinda fun
>>
>>383762021
Hollow Knight's map layout is just a pain in the ass.
>>
>>383762752
It wouldn't be bad with some more fast travel points and if some NPCs were closer to them. It just seems really weird that every area doesn't have a fast travel point. At the very least, the tram should lead you to an area with a fast travel point. But all it does is move you between areas that are equally a pain in the ass to get out of.
None of this really works too well with a character that's slow as shit and only a few spots in the game can you really crystal dash a long span.
>>
File: 20170711162315_1.jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170711162315_1.jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
White Palace was easy, the only part that got me stuck was the part where you had to pogo-stick on those three white bugs after dashing through a spike corridor
>tfw stuck on Radiance now
>>
>>383762929
Well the big problem for me is that you basically have to negotiate the same obstacles over and over. It's not like other Metroidvanias where you can absolutely fly through old areas with new abilities. Everything's very enclosed, there's tons of enemies, and they're all kind of spongy even with weapon upgrades.

Going down to the Abyss and coming back up is the exact same thing the first time you do it and the third time you do it, it doesn't get any faster.
>>
>>383763447
That's why I just reload and get teleported to the bench
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (39KB, 650x582px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
39KB, 650x582px
"GIT GUD"
>>
>>383763127
Radiance seems literally impossible, but you eventually get a flow and you kind of laugh at yourself for having trouble with it once you actually win.
I went from claiming it's literally impossible to having over half health left on victory.
>>
>>383763832
It seemed impossible to me until I learned that I could dash through the spikes
It made me feel stupid, like when finding out you can hit Dung's Defender shitballs and Failed Champion's flaming balls
>>
>>383759425
I did this yesterday and I thought it wasn't half as bad as I expected it to be.
In fact it was pretty enjoyable and short enough, with not a lot of bullshit in between but I would have been okay with bullshit since this is supposed to be the most challenging platforming thing of that game.
>>
>>383763447
That is my exact complaint too. I'll never replay this game as a result while I've replayed several Metroids, replayed SOTN, replayed Ori when the definitive version came out, and will probably replay Guacamelee and Axiom Verge. Hollow Knight is just too much of a chore. I'll be tempted if Hornet is fun to play, though.
>>
i do something wrong, i can't kill that one fucker with laser cristal on his head secound time and teleporting warrior 2.0 and that that one corpse who is copy of you in it dream
fucking hell my shitty laptop doesn't make those fight any better
>>
>>383763753
Before I beat this game, I read these spoilers on /v/:
>True ending features a boss fight with a naked Hornet
>Zote kills Hornet if you set him free
Neither of these ended up being true though. I know people make shit up here, but I still can't help but feel I'm missing a scene or something. Zote is still stuck in the arena cage though, as I couldn't beat that final trial and completed the game at 99%
>>
>>383764248
>Lost Kin
Use the Defender Crest
The rest have no secret and are just learning their patterns
>>
>>383764496
Zote comes out at the end of the first trial.
>>
>>383763832
most bosses have felt that way for me. Dung Defender and Watcher Knights seemed fucking insane at first, but then it only took 3 tries to beat them. it feels so satisfying
>>
>>383764248
Honestly, you can just cheese most bosses in the game by spamming the nail on them. Especially with that charm that gives you longer invincibility. You can even just spam the last boss to death easily even without that charm. Not the true final boss, though. They didn't really think that shit through for bosses that don't teleport much.
>>
>>383764248
The dream bosses are frustrating as hell. Would strongly suggest getting the invincible dash before doing them.

I don't know how it was for other people, but they all have an attack that's a kind of tracking jump to catch you out if you early jump in reaction to something. It's dumb because what ends up being the hardest thing to avoid is simply contact damage, which I think is gay and unfair.

Don't fight the teleporting faggot without double jump. I won against Lost Kin by spamming Descending Desolation over and over to clear the infinitely respawning adds. The giant armor maggot thing can be exploited because he always jumps at you if you're a full screen length away so you can dodge under him and run to the other side of the screen.
>>
>>383759425
What's hard about white palace?
>>
File: buggg.png (113KB, 503x469px) Image search: [Google]
buggg.png
113KB, 503x469px
I am going to commit a crime
>>
>>383764906
A good idea is to use the fragile charms on dream bosses. Losing to them does not count as a death, so the charms don't break.
>>
>white palace
>Colosseum
>hard

yeah nah how about easy
>>
>>383764694
Wonder why people just randomly said that, then.
I was kind of looking forward to naked Hornet,
too
>>
File: 1481864064192.jpg (51KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481864064192.jpg
51KB, 960x540px
this was probably the coolest part of the game so far. except that it only led up to one of the easiest bosses
>>
>>383765160
It wasn't random, Hollow Knight,you,Hornet and Zote are all vessels so they were fucking with you
>>
>>383763447
>>383762929
>>383762752
>bring this up like two weeks ago
>get told GIT GUD about 20 times
Yeah, I also don't get the whole putting the compass on a valuable resource thing. You don't need the compass, it's totally a QoL thing, so you'll opt to go without it... in a game with a ton of backtracking and walking around. Just poor design philosophy.
>>
>>383765529
Zote's not a vessel and Hornet doesn't have the capacity to be a vessel.
>>
>>383765917
Compass charm, resting on benches to update maps, and corpse runs really add to the tediousness of a world that's already a pain to navigate. They should just remove all of those, though I kinda liked having to find the map maker to get a map. But once you buy it, it should fill out in real time in my opinion.
This is still a good game, but with the time consuming and often anti-fun way you have to get to commonly visit areas, the whole game sort of becomes "that part", where you just never really want to imagine having to replay it again.
Again, good game, but it's got some flaws. I would hope that if there's a sequel that they address them instead of doubling down on them.
>>
>>383764980
He's quite handsome
>>
>>383768272
For u
>>
>>383765237
Yeah that boss just felt straight unfinished, only had like 2 attacks and just jumped around.
>>
>>383759425
I beat this with a keyboard anon. Try gitting gud.
>>
>>383769519
what difference does that make stupid
>>
>>383765237
That shit scared me fr
>>
>>383759425
use the grub charm and the double heal charm
>>
>>383768708
pretty sure it was an OC boss
>>
>>383759425
get hiveblood you fucking faggot
>>
>>383771925
Beat the entire game before you even responded, hours late idiot.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.