[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grim Dawn thread? Any fun builds to post? Questions? Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

File: header.jpg (158KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
158KB, 460x215px
Grim Dawn thread?
Any fun builds to post?
Questions?
Anyone know when the expansion is coming out?

Running a lvl 60 occultist shaman two handed bleed/phys damage build, 22k dps with maxed out savagery. its fun.
>>
>>383747158
Bump
>>
I'm currently on my first blind playthrough with a level 30 nightblade arcanist
>>
>>383747158
Expansion is sometime in August/September.

Somebody give me Ultos gear and Warborn shoulders.
>>
>>383748989
>mfw i finish my phd right around then

fuck ye- wait i still need a job after school. shit.
>>
Possessed archmages hiding in a crowd of aetherials are a huge pain in the ass

also just started playing crucible mode, pretty fun way to farm loot
>>
>>383749498
Witch Doctors are double niggers.
>>
>>383748816
Nightblade Arcanist is what I want to play when the expansion is out, it seems like a "nothin personal" type of build
>>
So what is going on with my mons chosen? If they didn't bring back the right guy, who the fuck did they bring back?

The lore for this game is pretty interesting imo
>>
>>383751242
>So what is going on with my mons chosen? If they didn't bring back the right guy, who the fuck did they bring back?
What are you talking about?
>>
What's better, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, or Diablo 3?

I am considering buying GD.
>>
>>383751739
Grim Dawn is easily the best ARPG on the market.
>>
>>383751739
Grim Dawn=Reasonably priced single player ARPG with lots of fun skills and an interesting story/world. Most impressive considering budget.
Path of Exile=Best of lot, tons of content, massive new expansion in a few weeks, free yes 4 stash tabs is enough. Worst controls and graphix
Diablo 3=Overpriced fuckup, the biggest I have ever seen, and I bought at launch. Best controls.
>>
>>383751242
Wait no I understand now. They brought back Korvaak instead.
>>
How badly has devouring swarm been nerfed?

It used to be a joke, the entire game was just "keep up your debuff and you'll never die"
>>
File: Act1.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Act1.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>383751739
Path of Exile is free so you could try that.
My preference is PoE>D3>GD.
>>
>>383751583
I meant kymons chosen. The messenger isn't the guy they intended to bring back right?
>>
File: Death Omen.png (111KB, 428x624px) Image search: [Google]
Death Omen.png
111KB, 428x624px
>>383747158
Recently hit Level 85 with my first character which is a Blademaster (Soldier + Nightblade) that does mostly Pierce Damage. It's working okay, but there are pretty much no Legendaries I could use efficiently without respeccing so I started making new characters.

Second character is a Level 50 Sorcerer (Arcanist + Demolitionist) with Callidor's Tempest and mostly Fire and some Aether Damage.

Also just started leveling a Witch Hunter (Nightblade + Occultist) which will dual wield and deal mostly Vitality and some Chaos damage with a good amount of Life Steal. I got the idea because I had 2 Death Omen drop so far, but I guess the debuff probably doesn't stack so it's probably better to take 2 different weapons eventually. I'm considering Damnation if I can get it to drop.
>>
>>383752260
they nerfed it?

i was playing crucible today and i thought it seemed less effective that it used to be
>>
>>383751739
Depends on what you are looking for.

PoE is big on multiplayer while Grim Dawn is for single play, PoE is tilesets and random generation while Grim Dawn levels are crafted etc
>>
>>383753140
grim dawn has multiplayer tho
>>
playing a 2handed chaos damage witchblade, lvl 47 at the plains of strife
damage is insane but fuck me if I can survive anything
>>
My first 50+ character is a Witch hunter that I first thought making Geralt of Rivia by focusing on poison (Occultist and Nightblade) but in the end mainly stuck with Nightblade for pierce and cold.

The snowy mountain area was rough.
>>
>>383753534
>what is sigil of consumption

you literally have one of the best healing abilities in the game, especially if you hit them with the second tier of curse of frailty first, which debuffs vitality resistance

also, solaels witchfire boosts vitality, meaning more damage from the sigil, and more healing for you
>>
>>383753710
The Yeti fucks hit hard
>>
I'm gonna make a AER laser build, any tips for devotions and whatnot?
>>
Do the enemies ever start outscaling you? In other words does grinding ever make you loose power?
>>
>>383753710
im playing a lvl 46 poison witch hunter build, its bretty good to be honest

spamming dreegs evil eye
blood of dreeg
shadow strike with the added poison damage
debuff poison resistance with veil of shadow
dual wield with other points sprinkled here and there
>>
>>383752260

Can get through normal just fine with it and about halfway through epic until you need to change it up

Speaking from experience
>>
>>383753839
first time playing the game so I don't really have any experience and at first look the ability looked pretty lame but I guess I should try it
yet still my problem is that its not uncommen for me to get killed within a second, got 5k hp and it feels like I should have at least twice the amount of that
>>
>>383753839

>Plains of Strife

That's his problem currently. A lot of the Obsidian mother fuckers don't respond to life leech abilities. It's one of the harder areas if you rely on that kind of skillset to stay alive.

But otherwise, you're absolutely correct and I was going to say that Witchblades are one of the easiest classes to keep alive in the game.
>>
>>383754392

You need to pay really close attention to your resistances. Health means next to nothing in GD if you don't stack resistances.
>>
File: 1436121651369.jpg (78KB, 600x665px) Image search: [Google]
1436121651369.jpg
78KB, 600x665px
>mfw some pussy commando tank uses a pistol near me
Real tanks hit things to death
>>
>>383754392
>5k hp at lvl 47

no that should be fine, you probably just need a healing ability, my guess is youre sucking down a lot of health pots

where have you been putting attribute points? Maybe find gear with better armor (tho it is your first time playing so you obviously wont have a lot of good stuff stashed away)

>sigil is lame

nah its great, plus if you hit them with curse of frailty first, it slows the enemy
then when you drop the sigil, they stay inside it longer, meaning more damage done to them meaning more healing for you
>>
>>383754532
yeah good point, but thats why you debuff with the 2nd tier of curse of frailty, it helps at least

>>383754650
this too, tho its far more important on the higher difficulties
>>
>>383753908
Still depends on what you want to do. AAR is extremely expensive energywise, but also has a lot of damage potential. You will probably want to get the -5% Skill Energy Cost from the Owl constellation, using the Arcane Lens component and Mental Alacrity. You will also need some way to deal with trashmobs. Some other ability, procs, etc. The damage is also split into 3 types (Aether, Fire, Vitality). With Tainted Power you can convert the Aether Damage to Chaos and using the Blood Orb of Ch'thon can convert all Elemental Damage which is great. Then you only deal mostly Chaos and some Vitality damage which goes together quite well.
>>
>>383754650
man i got like 0% in 5 elements, my equipment sucks
>>383754741
funny thing is I got some nice equipment from the plains, but they're all without an exception for lvl 50
>>
>>383753983
I don't think so, but your resistances are reduced on higher difficulties
>>
>>383754943
CoF + SoC actually works pretty well at disposing of trashmobs or at least weakening them so lightly dusting them with the laser to kill them doesn't use too much power
>>
>>383755001
>man i got like 0% in 5 elements, my equipment sucks
Do you not use components? You should probably start using those that give you some Resistances.
>>
>>383753983

No, theres always gonna be parts of the game where the monsters are like 5-6 levels higher than you though, especailly the skeleton key dungeons n shit
>>
>>383755001
I dont use any white level gear when I can avoid it, but yeah you should have some components that might help, also the various stores and faction stores in this game are actually useful, they likely have decent armor you can buy for not horrible amounts of iron

I got lucky with my first build when i didnt know what i was doing, it was a ranged demo arcanist so i could just kite to compensate for my shitty build and gear
>>
>>383754875

Does the 2nd tier actually even work on the Obsidian guys? I have a witchblade from before the game fully went live, so I never actually got into Plains of Strife with him. I just know from my other characters how life leech doesn't work.

And you're right that resistances are far more important on the higher difficulties, but a badly geared player will still get destroyed, even in Veteran, without good resistance.

>>383755001

That, my friend, is 100% your problem. Resistance > DPS/Armor all the time. It's your fallback on survival. I mean, I have a level 85 with only 6.9K health, but he trucks through Ultimate just because of his good resistances and life leech abilities. There are a few places where it can be an issue, but it's not often.
>>
>>383755539
>Does the 2nd tier actually even work on the Obsidian guys

why wouldn't it? haven't been through that area in a while, but i recall still getting decent healing from SoC after debuffing them
>>
>>383755532

I mean, you shouldn't really be using white gear past the first few hours anyway. GD is pretty good about scaling up, unlike Titan Quest. Also kind of helps you can apply components to everything, too...
>>
>>383755783

Well, because in my experience basically they're the only enemy in the game that 100% denies life leech, but again I never tried debuffing them.
>>
>>383755834
plus components to make other components (which can be whole or piecemeal components) which can be used to make relics, which then make more relics, and those relics can be used to make even more relics

im amazed they went that far in terms of farming and crafting in this day and age

also the last patch they released for TQ that allows you to speed up the game is hilarious when you have a hunter/dream combo that runs and attacks at max speed
>>
>>383756025
Sigil of Consumption is vitality damage and a certain percentage of damage it does is returned as health

is that what life leech is?
>>
>>383756069

Man. I love Titan Quest. Always will. But holy fuck was it hard to go back to playing it after Grim Dawn. There's just some small, quality of life, changes in Grim Dawn that make the game so much less cumbersome. Easily the biggest for me is the run shortcut, it's just so much less annoying to me to hold a keyboard key than the LMB to move.
>>
>>383756240

Basically. It's not specifically Vitality damage, rather it's just a % of all damage done converted to health.
>>
>>383756516
gotcha ok, i wasn't clear on how life leech worked. maybe it doesn't work on those obsidian guys specifically, but there are a lot of other baddies there that it does work on
>>
>>383757171

Oh yeah, like I said, they're the only enemy in the game that I know it doesn't work on specifically. The problem with them is they hit stupid hard, so if you can't pull health back from them and you're used to that, it can be a rude awakening.
>>
>>383751739

For what it is worth, I had the most fun with D3 though I played on a console.I keep coming back to PoE but I keep burning out before I can finish the story mode. Grim Dawn is OK.

PoE I think has the most fun skill system once you get some decent links going on. Trying to get gear upgrades kind of blows though because you need the right stats, slots and links. A good loot filter helps but it still leaves you using the same shit for longer than I would like.

GD seems to have better loot. Pretty early in you start getting weapons with extra effects that are actually kind of helpful, and the materials both boost stats and give you extra skills to play with. Constilations or whatever seem neat but I haven't played enough to get that into it. The game just has kind of a bland feel to it, and most of the skills don't feel very good to use.

D3 is a decent mix. It feels the best to play but I don't really feel too strongly about anything in particular. Couch co-op was a total blast but only one person being able to access the menus at once was kind of a downer.
>>
>>383751739
Diablo 3 is honestly the most fun and endlessly playable imo. Second best was actually Marvel Heroes, but that game is kind of ruined now.
>>
>>383757407
>most of the skills don't feel very good to use
for some skills yeah they need a more satisfying feel, but primal strike (shaman skill) feels so fucking awesome to use

also, canister bomb for demo is great as well
>>
Never played a ARPG before, is this a good one to start?
>>
>>383757284
They hit so hard because the projectiles debuff your resistances. It's much worse when Chthonian Harbingers are around because they also debuff almost all your resistances. -100% Vitality Resistance is quite a bit.
>>
>>383758074
For sure.
>>
>>383758079
>Chthonian Harbinger dies
>its after death AOE kills me

FUCK THOSE SHITS REEEEEEEE
>>
>>383758074
Yeah, I don't see why not. Personally I'd still recommend Diablo 2 and 3 or Titan Quest over it though.
>>
File: 1415133679830.png (132KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1415133679830.png
132KB, 500x363px
>People unironically praising diablo 3
Did they make it less casual garbage or has this site gone down the shitter more than I thought?
>>
>>383758720
It was never bad.
>>
>>383758720
>has this site gone down the shitter more than I thought?
The majority of the posters have been literal children for several years.
>>
File: 1466494006477.png (102KB, 246x225px) Image search: [Google]
1466494006477.png
102KB, 246x225px
>>383758835
>It was never bad.
I see.
So things are far worse here than I expected
>>
>>383758720
They made it a lot easier
>>
File: TQ.png (134KB, 956x557px) Image search: [Google]
TQ.png
134KB, 956x557px
I'll start playing GM once I finish Titan Quest 100%. Any day now.
>>
>>383758720
nope, still no actual character building
>>
>>383747158
I'm new to the game, so I'm just playing as a Shaman. Haven't chose a second class, though I am thinking of being a straight shaman. It's pretty fun, but is that a good idea? Is it necessary to multiclass?
>>
>>383762080
Depends on what you're going for but no, it isn't mandatory.
>>
>>383762301
I was just thinking of being a straight hard hitting dude. I maxed primal strike and been putting points into the other abilities on that tree, as well as the pet. I seem to like just doing straight electrical damage and having it spread to everything.

I'm not too knowledgeable on the game or builds and lingo.
>>
>>383762474
Primal Strike is a solid build so you're fine.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.