[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hurr durr give to a good cause How does the economics of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: screenshot0042.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0042.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>hurr durr give to a good cause

How does the economics of this work? Obviously they get a cut of donations. They need to rent halls, pay employees, setup all the equipment, and fly all the speed-runners in. Is anyone getting rich off this shit?
>>
>>383745083
The organizers and the cancer foundation higher ups
>>
>>383745083
youre not very smart are you op?
*checks*
Ah, youre american, I'm so sorry
>>
>>383745648
>youre not very smart are you op?

Explain to me the costs.

For all we know, some top people running this are getting paid 100,000 dollars for no reason.
>>
>>383745921
I dont think your retarded american brain could handle it
>>
>>383745921
A cut of the donations do go to GDQ you dink
>>
the sponsors (you know, the reason they won't let you make fun of owen wilson) pay for a lot of the stuff in the OP
>>
>>383746113
>A cut of the donations do go to GDQ you dink

Yeah, no shit. But I want to know if they're over charging and getting rich on this shit.
>>
>>383745083
>fly all the speed-runners in.
News to me
>>
>>383746275
They're not going to release valid numbers to the general public you moron.
Don't ever donate to a GDQ and donate directly to whatever charity you think deserves it.
>>
>charity

If you wanna help people, spend the money directly and fucking help someone. Instead of draining your money uselessly into an endless cycle of heloping the poor and the sick instead of solving their underlying problems.
>>
>>383746509
I gave a homeless guy a fiver and I watched him go into the liquor store
Never donated to anyone or anything since
>>
The event is funded by the sponsors. Donations go directly to the charity. All of this information is on the website.
>>
>>383746841
>expecting an american to use logic
XD
>>
>>383746658
What did you expect him to do with it?
>>
>>383745083
>Obviously they get a cut of donations
They don't. PCF & MSF pay the venue fees / wages for their respective GDQs. Volunteers aren't paid. Equipment is purchased with GDQ's money. GDQ makes that money off of sponsors and attendees (registration fees are high).

>Fly all the speedrunners in
lmao. The only time they've compensated runners is the year that they fucked up so hard that they waived their registration fees.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG6hPJpxzm4
>>
File: Babby.jpg (72KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Babby.jpg
72KB, 1024x1024px
>>383746982
>They don't
???
>>
>>383747464
Technically they do, in the sense that the donations go to PCF and they receive their funding from PCF's overhead, but that overhead is likely from other sources. Fundraisers, etc.The money they get from PCF is based on how much they raise.

I mean, the event is operated for profit as well as charity. But it isn't a fucking scam. PCF might as well be though.
>>
>>383745083
The organisers themselves get paid by the charity to run the event. They can also get a bonus if they reach x amount. So whether or not you they "get a cut of the donations" depends on how you look at it.
>>
Charities as a rule are scams that you don't give your money to, unless you really want to fund their next Christmas ball at the Ritz.
>>
>>383747678

It is basically just law-dodging semantics. "We don't take any money from the donations, we give all the money to the PCF. And then the PCF pays us a commission from THEIR money, which is then replaced by the money we sent them."
>>
>>383748263
>which is then replaced by the money we sent them
Except this part is purely assumption on your part
>>
>>383748263
>I have no idea how events with sponsors work!
Fucking retarded american can you at least pretend to have more than one brain cell?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.