[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the sudden rise of Akechi apologists? How can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 1492804756139.png (148KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492804756139.png
148KB, 512x512px
What's with the sudden rise of Akechi apologists?

How can you defend such trash?
>>
>People rewatched the cutscenes
is the actual answer
>>
File: delicious_pancakes.png (345KB, 1024x490px) Image search: [Google]
delicious_pancakes.png
345KB, 1024x490px
I thought he was defended ironically.
>>
>I was abused as a kid, so that makes it right to murder everyone

wow such an original character Atlus bravo
>>
>>383744692
Akechi is a piece of trash even with every piece of context in the game. His motivation was stupid and his execution was sloppy. And he got tons of people killed in pursuit of his ends. And even all the grail stuff doesn't absolve him. He could have stopped at any time. But he didn't.

Akechi literally did EVERYTHING wrong.
>>
>>383745271
What is it with the obsession over redeeming this character? Why does he need to be redeemed?
>>
>>383745410
He doesn't. He's a piece of trash.
>>
>>383745165
Play the game again, he tried to justify the mental shutdowns by saying his targets were corrupt, no different from the PT. He was never in the right about anything, but it was either convince himself that he was or accept that he was a slave to his distorted desires, same issue most of the mementos targets and adults have.

>>383745410
Fujos that have no idea what his character in the story actually was think he should go back and join the PT because they're idiots. /pg/ will always talk about it because their way of thinking is skewed towards power of friendship.
>>
>>383745497
But you're the one that brought up redeeming him out of the blue. Why?
>>
>>383744394
He's better than Adachi. Seriously, if you defend Adachi but not Akechi you're morally fucked in the head. Also they're both shit.
>>
>>383746023
There's no debating that he's better than Adachi but neither of them are really shit. Goro has the advantage of having an obscene amount of work put into making him Joker's foil instead while Adachi to Narukami was "this is me if I had no friends except there's no clear path from me to him"
>>
File: 1493285169225.jpg (47KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1493285169225.jpg
47KB, 500x321px
>>383746023
I wouldn't defend Adachi's actions, but I liked how his character was handled better because everyone in the group calls him out for his bullshit in the end, rather than everyone being immediately ready to sympathize with all the horrible things he's done.

I wanted Futaba and Haru at the very least to be more pissed off over what they lost to Shido and Akechi's plans.
>>
>>383746023
Adachi was at least a person who could exist. He was just bitter and lonely and wanted to lash out at society. He didn't have any greater motive or grand plot.

Akech is so fucking JRPGish it hurts.
>>
>>383746023
Nope. Adachi at least respected himself, he used his new power to benefit himself.

Akechi used his power to be someone else's dog for some retarded revenge plan that was never going to work out. He literally wasted his power on being a bitch. He could have just abused it to rise higher in the detective rankings but nope, gotta be a dog for someone.
>>
>>383746380
>rather than everyone being immediately ready to sympathize with all the horrible things he's done.
This is still not what happened. Even after the fight is over and the dude is dead the one thing they agree on is that what happened to him was horrible and it was. Further, the entire fight is calling him out and getting him to accept his bullshit, they even talked about at length exactly where it was that he went wrong.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 225x224px
>P4 crew
>they supposedly find the killer who recently killed nanoko
>half the P4 team was ready to drop that guy in the TV and kill namatame

>P5 crew find the killer
>not one person showed any extreme emotion when they listen to his crazy explanation
>not even Ryuji gets pissed at him and raises his voice like he has for every other boss before him
>they even consider letting him join them

LMFAO, i thought the scooby do gang was supposed to be light hearted game? Both games have teenage casts who act like brats at time but in the same scenario only one of them acted like how a teenager would.
>>
File: 1496883708091.jpg (81KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1496883708091.jpg
81KB, 1024x576px
I didn't have much sympathy for Akechi's pointless revenge scheme that only succeeded in empowering the person he hated.

Hell, what Futaba went through because of him and Shido was way worse than anything Akechi apparently had to deal with.
>>
>>383747470
>apparently
Nothing is apparent other than the fact that he went through the foster home system and came out of it royally fucked up and super dependent on being desired by other people. This is the only reason why his revenge plan even involves """justified""" murder in the first place, because Shido manipulated him with praise and made him believe that by the end he would be desired. The way he is he can't be true to anything, even himself.

In the case of Futaba we only really get a glimpse of what she actually had to go through in Sojiro's co-op and that was another member of her own family that fucked her up.
>>
>>383747248
When i was listening to "Hey he wasn't that evil, too bad he's dead and can't join us" i felt like my brain becomes more dumb
Guy is a fucking double-cross assasin, what is wrong with you
>>
>>383749075
don't remember anyone in the game ever saying that especially not verbatim desu
not even that badly translated morgana line where he said more than he was supposed to gave that impression
>>
>>383749075
Game is written poorly.
I dont understand why the fuck it took so long for such mediocrity to come out.
>>
>>383749507
Dude no one cares what the game actually says. Despite someone's best efforts this is just another dead shitposting thread
>>
File: pancakes.jpg (240KB, 1199x677px) Image search: [Google]
pancakes.jpg
240KB, 1199x677px
>>383744394

>character with daddy issues
>can't heal him with the dicking of a lifetime

P5 was shit.
>>
>>383746023
Adachi got more interesting after the twist, Goro did not. Goro was better as a friendly detective than a psychopath because he actually opposed the phantom thieves.
>>
I hope he really did die but is brought back to life like Kandori was so he will be forced to suffer like the dog he is.
>>
Adachi at least was framed like a normal person in their 20s who was just sick of life.

Akechi was just fucking dumb, and he'll be revived because of Fujos.
>>
>>383753159
Adachi Just felt like a guy who had life shit on him and he hated everything, so he felt sort of real.
Akechi felt like some weird unrealistic JRPG boss that would come with super roundabout ways to kill people and made no fucking sense about almost anything he did.
>>
>>383753159
Yeah akechi sucks. zero redeeming value. at least he essentially died like a dog.
>>
File: 1493275990899.jpg (1MB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1493275990899.jpg
1MB, 800x1132px
>>383753159
Yeah, that's kind of what I got out of it.

What Adachi did was pointless and unjustified, but the story felt more self-aware of that. Like he wasn't a brilliant super villain or anything, he was just some unstable guy burnt out on life before suddenly getting super powers.

Akechi came complete with the whole "I'll beat you because your friendship is dumb" rivalry gimmick and was expected to garner sympathy for a tragic backstory we got in one scene after he killed God knows how many people.
>>
>>383755538
>Akechi came complete with the whole "I'll beat you because your friendship is dumb" rivalry gimmick

I'm honestly getting tired of this in Japanese games, but it's inherently a Japanese thing. Strength through many is always encouraged, where as strength of the individual is viewed as problematic or selfish.

So we'll usually keep seeing "FRIENDSHIP IS LAME AND I WILL TEAR IT TO PIECES" and that's kind of dumb.
>>
>>383745410
Because his character went no where, literally accomplished nothing, redemption would be better than nothing.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.