[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hate plots with super genius masterminds that somehow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Shadowrun Returns.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Returns.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
Anyone else hate plots with super genius masterminds that somehow managed to orchestrate everything? Pic's expansions are related.
>>
>>383740601

Are any of the user made campaigns in the work shop good?

Seems a shame to put so much effort into one character for a couple of bits

(I've not touched Dragonfall or Hong Kong yet
>>
>>383740798
It seems Dragonfall is the only one with any real workshop content for it, SR Unlimited was very good for that, and there's a couple others that had pretty good writing from what I recall.
>>
>>383740910

RIP. Does that mean Hong Kong is bad?
>>
>>383740601
I'm fine with them. I fucking hate how characters in the game rant about not ever being able to fight back against the corporations. You can pimp slap a fucking god but you can't fight against a goddamn conglomerate?
>>
Also in answer to your original post: Yes.

It fucks me off more when not only are they a mastermind but they have unreal in game stats and are a tougher fight than some monster dude who gets hyped up the entire time.

Like they could've just killed you earlier on
>>
>>383740984

I liked it a lot actually, not as much as Dragonfall, but it was better than Returns, the Walled City was very creepy and the gameplay is as fun as ever
>>
>>383741150

Can you move characters between the 3?
>>
>>383741187
No. Only between Hong Kong and Shadows of Hong Kong.
>>
i LOVE them too much
>>
>>383740601
It was weird how Dead Switch started from a murder mystery then became about fighting plane invading ants.
>>
>>383741554
>I liked it up until the bug stuff, the murder mystery was quite captivating but those bugs were horrendous to fight, in the cramped tunnels
>>
>>383741707
Why the green text?
>>
>>383741554
Welcome to modern gaming, where the player always needs to be able to see their progression from weakling to BADASS GOD-KILLING HERO and have the entire world bow before them.

A good Shadowrun game would be more slice-of-life, where you live from paycheck to paycheck and you often have to take the shitty jobs just to scrape a little nuyen together. However, that would require writers and developers to actually be competent and have a budget, neither of which were present for any of the Returns games.
>>
>>383741824
I felt like Dragonfall pulled that off well without having you fight against a god/plane monster being.
>>
>>383740984
Above Dead Switch but below Dragonfall.
>>
>>383741707
Fucking hated the insecticide guns. Should've given them a bigger capacity.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.