[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Video games are dying because I don't enjoy them anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

>Video games are dying because I don't enjoy them anymore
>Anyone who disagrees with me and my opinon is a casual/normie/shill/eats shit
>The quality of a video game is not a highly subjective matter that varies from person to person
>If I don't like a game then noone else should be able to

Prove me wrong /v/
>>
>>383737610
Are you parodying yourself parody an average /v/ poster
>>
>>383737610
this is some serious metaposting
>>
>>383737610
That's literally what 90% of /v/ acts like. At first I thought this thread was pointless, but now I love it. I wish /v/ posters could get over themselves.
>>
If we all agree that /v/ is shit, why are we still here?

Just to suffer?
>>
>>383737610
Kek
>>
File: 1494516796732.png (275KB, 474x348px) Image search: [Google]
1494516796732.png
275KB, 474x348px
>>383738198
There is no better place to go.
If you go anywhere outisde of here you'll get just normies. And i don't mean normies like in a /r9k/ way, but people that have no match for my knowledge of games. I'm not a fan of elitism, but when i want to discuss shit i want to be understood and hear opinions of people that have seen some shit.
Of course there are places outside to discuss a particular game, i'm sure there are subreddits for STALKER, gothic, VTMB. Maybe even dedicated forums, but often thsoe palces just become circlejetk with unilateral opinions
This is also a great place for news, i don't have to browse vidya blogs or follow ecelebs becuase /v/ will always keepme updated.
It's shit, full of shit taste,dumb people, baits, kids and twats, but it's the best there is
>>
>>383737610
All of those statements are true.
>>
>>383738745
/r/games is actually decent, a lot of news, articles, interesting analysis videos, discussions subjects, etc. But yeah, it happens what happens in every sub, it's kind of a circlejerk, but not that much as r/gaming, at least in r/games people put some arguments.

Also, they try to be super serious, and the mods are strict with their rules, basically in response of how awful r/gaming is, so you miss some lighter stuff you see on other places like in /v/, for example.
>>
File: shrewdcat.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
shrewdcat.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
>>383737610
>>The quality of a video game is not a highly subjective matter that varies from person to person
>>If I don't like a game then noone else should be able to

These two are true.

You cant rely on subjectivity to explain everything. Some things can be assessed qualitativly or quantativly by a set criteria to find out which is better. Frankly you subjectivityfags are some of the worst thinkers out there. And the reason you do it? Because you dont like challanging yourself.
>>
>>383738745
>>383739310
What about neogaf? What is true unironic opinion on them?

I haven't heard much opinions besides /v/ opinion, and we should know by now that /v/ hates everything, so it doesn't count.
>>
>>383739790
I fucked up, I meant "what is your true opinion".
>>
>>383739596
/v/ can't explain a game objectivity. It's always:
X is good or bad because I liked/disliked it
>>
>>383737610
you're smarter than everyone else and extremely cool, op
you might be the single smart person to exist
>>
>>383739790
i've just seen a couple of threads posted here. I don't know if those are cherrypicked, but on neogaf rules a nazi dictatorship in terms of thought.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1338995
Notice that every poster that tries to escape the hivemind gets banned
The thing i love the most about this website is that every person opinion, no matter how shit, gets the same value. Unless you break the rules you can say anything you want, as much as you want. No upvotes, no whiteknight mods
>>
File: neogaf hivemind.png (23KB, 1227x247px) Image search: [Google]
neogaf hivemind.png
23KB, 1227x247px
>>383739790
neofag is a heavily policed forum where you dont have the freedom to say anything you want and if your views go against their left wing agenda then you can expect to be perma banned.

Literally the worst video game forum I have ever seen
>>
>>383739596
Or, it could be that everyone has different tastes and that video games - like other forms of art and entertainment - are only as good as the individual believes it to be. It's the litteral definition of "one's man trash is another man's treasure."

True, certain things are objective in art and media, but for the most part what one person loves to see painted on a canvas, shown in a movie theatre, or played on their platform of choice will be different that what the next guy would like to see - and who's gonna tell them that they are wrong for liking whatever it is they like, and wanting to see what they want to see? You? Your opinion means no more than mine, or anyone else's.

And if that wasn't true, then noone would buy a canvas that simply has random blobs of color thrown on it for millions of dollars, or watch the movies or games that you as an individual may not be partial to.

There is something to be said on the subject of those with more "refined palettes", however at the end of the day what matters more: Liking something that 'isn't good', or having something that IS 'good' but you don't enjoy? And who exactly defines what is 'good' anyway?
>>
>>383741386
Wew
>>
>>383738745
>If you go anywhere outisde of here you'll get just normies. And i don't mean normies like in a /r9k/ way, but people that have no match for my knowledge of games.

You act like people don't shit on people here for being autistic spergs either, as well when they can.
>>
File: 1499747994168.jpg (65KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1499747994168.jpg
65KB, 1024x576px
>Game company or console is dead
>Every single year for the last 10000 years
>But this time for real though
>>
>>383738198
We're all here forever, anon
>>
>>383741487
Art still requires a modicum or skill and following of the rules to even begin to be considered to be liked by a mass of people. You'll never see someone say their favorite game is an unfinished demo from /agdg/, just like you'll never see someone say their favorite album is some bedroom producers first work that was recorded through headphone mics. Personal taste isn't the end all be all.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.