[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay I'm sure we all know where this generation went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: SeventhGenConsoles.jpg (36KB, 638x350px) Image search: [Google]
SeventhGenConsoles.jpg
36KB, 638x350px
Okay I'm sure we all know where this generation went wrong with loads of DLC and running unfinished games to market because lolwe'llpatchitlater, but what did this generation do right?
>>
>>383736732
It killed gaming
>>
Easily hackable.

Everything else was awful
>>
The only positive thing I can think of off the top of my head for the 7th generation is that some devs started moving back to 60 FPS. Games before the 5th gen were typically 60 FPS, but when they went 3D with the 5th gen they had to cut the framerate because the hardware could barely push 3D graphics at all, with 6th gen they could push 60 FPS but no one did because the difference in graphics was super noticeable, by 7th gen we were starting to hit diminishing returns in graphics so people could put out 60 FPS without the game looking like it was of the previous gen.
>>
>>383736732
The Wii library.
Outside of the shovelware, nearly all of the games were about fun, were innovative, and/or were the best in its series.
PS3 and Xbox library was just a bunch of third parties making gritty generic garbage.
>>
>>383737726
There's always a nintenbro parroting bullshit.
The Cave shmups alone on 360 were better than the entire wii library.
>>
>>383736732
don't put the wii and 360 in the same image with that black piece of shir
>>
>>383736732
>Wii wagglan gimmick
>360 killed itself with Kinect after 2010
>PS3 no games
There were some good 7th gen games but that's up to the devs, not console manufacturers. The consoles themselves didn't innovate in anything except maybe console online gaming, but the og Xbox had already gotten that down for the most part
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.