[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is a new RIVER CITY game coming out this fall and it&#

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: River-City-Rival-Showdown.jpg (69KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
River-City-Rival-Showdown.jpg
69KB, 600x337px
There is a new RIVER CITY game coming out this fall and it's getting localized
Are you excited or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCrvRoEHNns
>>
Didn't they just put out a new River City and it was shit?
>>
>>383732559
Underground? it was a fan game

this one is part of the actual Kunio-kun franchise (I think)
developed by Natsume, looks fucking great t b h
>>
>>383733091
Wait, Underground isn't canon?
>>
>>383733234
it's official in the same sense the Sonic 4 or Double Dragon IV is official
why is Arc so shit at managing their properties?
>>
>>383732361
Just to clarify to anyone interested.

Who knows why they decided this name, but this game IS River city ransom, the third remake this game had after the one on gba.

While the base story is the same, the gameplay and mechanics are EXTREMELY changed from those two versions.

In simple terms: the story plays out in the course of 3 in-game days, during these days you go places, meet people and punch shit, after these 3 days, the game ending will be played on a final day.

Theres many endings depending on the people you met and the events you made during the 3 days.

Instead of a 4player vs mode like the other 3ds games, this game features an in-universe game: the fighting of double dragon 2016, a simple fighting game where you basically get to fight as the main game bosses (but with different names, and billy and jimmy lee replacing the dragon twins) in 1v1 2d fighting.

Heres a trailer from the jap version:

https://youtu.be/VuBTEk5RqC8
>>
I have the GBA and original NES version but they need to get this shit back on a console.
>>
>>383732559

River City: Tokyo Rumble came out around the end of last year, and if I'm remembering correctly it's basically a remake of the very first Kunio-kun/Renegade with way more stuff.

River City Underground came out a few months ago, and is a western developed, officially licensed game that I've heard was pretty good but with some glaring flaws.

River City: Knights of Justice came out like 2 weeks ago and is kinda shit. The RPG skin is charming but Tokyo Rumble is a better game in every possible way.

River City: Rival Showdown is a straight-up remake of RCR, like >>383734490 said.
>>
>>383735207
Actually, tokyo rumble is the sequel to the renegade remake.

Kinda sad that game is not gonna get localized, after all is kunio's freaking origin story.
>>
>>383735493

Ah, I just remembered that all the AI partners were the original bosses from Renegade, so I thought it was a retelling.

Honestly, it's probably for the best though. Rival Showdown seems to either have more love or an entirely new engine compared to the older 3DS games, and I think if the Renegade remake was on the same tier of Knights of Justice I'd wind up burning out on the franchise. Which is a weird thing to think of as happening in 2017.
>>
>>383732361
I still can't get over the fact that nintendo handhelds have two screens for ages now. It's so fucking pointless. OH LOOK we just waste this screen for the map. The dual screen is the worst fucking pointless gimmick ever because producing ONE big screen (that can be controlled with a stylus) is too expensive. Fuckers.
>>
>>383735714

Is knights of justice a beat em up?
>>
>>383732361
Kunio-Kun for Smash Brothers!
>>
>>383735714
I kinda get what you are saying, and i mean, 3/6 games is still pretty cool but still, as someone who played and finished Kunio SP, i would have loved to see the story translated, a lot is lost when you cant read shit.
>>
>>383732361
Lost my boner when I saw it was 3DS. Bring it to a real platform and I'll care.
>>
>>383732361
I remember being hyped for this remake and bought it when it came out in Japan.
Sadly it's not that great remake, feels more like some fan made mode with meme special attacks ala fist of the north star and jojo meaning that the core gameplay is exactly the same as original famicom game and after so many fucking remakes I expected to at least make the combat a little bit more fluid especially considering the fact that most of the special attacks just break game balance and there is no challenge to the game.
The new events are nice, the map is remade and looks very different and they added few new songs.
I guess the developer will shit out those rehashes all the time without any big improvements.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.