[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was paladin tank in the Burning Crusade? Worth planning to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 29

How was paladin tank in the Burning Crusade?
Worth planning to level draenei/be to the 70?
>>
>playing on illegal servers
/facepalm
>>
>>383720347
What's wrong with it?
I'l drop it after few weeks anyway
>>
>>383720347
wew lad, you really are retarded.
>>
>>383720438
>I'l drop it after few weeks anyway
If you are playing on the 1x exp server you aren't even going to 70 if you aren't committed.
>>
no tanks besides warrior were good until wotlk
>>
So, how was paladin in the bc?
I played as a feral and restor only back then
>>
Warriors were the only viable tanks until WOTLk
>>
>>383720945
Wrong.
>>
>>383720438
server?
>>
>>383721176
Holy was good.
Prot was inferior to warr.
Ret was garbo unless you played Belf.
>>
>>383721229
You mean
>viable mt for the raids
Druids were more than fine as a OT 90% of time and all tanks could do heroics without problem
It was even easier for paladin because no aggro issues at all
>>
>playing BC
>not playing a destruction warlock
literally why. they had the coolest gear and the best dps
>>
>>383721176
I was a casual shithead that only did heroics and kara and I had a blast playing a prot paladin in TBC. This is pre-WotLK era we're talking about, we were the only tanks capable of properly AoE tanking and we made heroics trivial.
>>
>>383721338
felmyst
No donate and epic shop made me interested, and people who played beta said it's decent
>>
>>383721514
Didn't warlocks just do nothing but spam shadow bolt in TBC?
>>
>>383720202
Designated trash / 5-man dungeon tanks. Way better than warriors and druids at holding aggro on a large number of targets, but vulnerable to Crushing Blows and especially Illidan's Shear. Proper gearing (as much block chance as you can get) helps, but warriors with Shield Block and druids with their natural stats will laugh at you.

Also enjoy rolling against casters on spellpower gear. Prot didn't scale with weapon damage nor physical stats until WotLK.
>>
>>383721424
Why would we talk in any regard other than raids? You can tank a 5 man with a enh shaman using a 2 hander if you really fucking want to but for actual content, warrior is literally the only viable tank
>>
>>383721721
>You can tank a 5 man with a enh shaman using a 2 hander
No, you couldn't
He couldn't keep aggro even with crits, and there more than 1 mob in pack in the dungeons
Lack of hp pool would be a problem too
>>
Warriors were exceptional all around.
Druids had godly amounts of health and armor, got raped by non phys damage.
Paladins were weaker versions of warriors, except they had good AoE aggro.
>>
>>383721684
>spellpower gear
A bit of an exaggeration. We only ninjad 1h spelldamage weapons. And spellpower is a WotLK thing, IIRC. TBC still had spelldamage and healing as separate stats.
>>
>>383720202

IIRC their faction seal was better suited for tanking than Seal of Blood (? which was better for ret).

>>383721684

This, also. People are gonna give you shit for attempting to raid KNOWING that warriors/druids are "better"
>>
>>383721668
yes, and it was glorious
>>
they are awesome, everyone wants you to tank heroics and kara (in which you are way better than a warrior) and in tk, ssc, bt you simply need a pala tank as offtank, it's fun too, sure there are some bosses without adds so you are mostly useless, but then you can do other stuff, e.g. bt first boss pulling and throwing the needles or something
>>
>>383722021
Shit. You're right on both counts there, sorry.
>>
File: 1275183948438.png (271KB, 423x467px) Image search: [Google]
1275183948438.png
271KB, 423x467px
>>383722647
>(in which you are way better than a warrior)

I can tell you were a Paladin main in TBC
>>
i know at least 2 paladin tanks that killed illidan so they must not have been bad
>>
>>383722936
They were OT more likely
>>
If you like tanking 5-mans, trash, and Hyjal waves, then go for it. You will probably not be tanking any raid bosses.
>>
It really depends but most raids required at least one prot warrior, especially for progression. IIRC druid ends up being the best once you're fully geared (like, sunwell) because you have extremely high dodge.
>>
>>383723272
Didn't dodge get nerfed to the ground after that one rogue with 102.4% passive dodge tanked Gruul without getting hit once?
>>
>>383723458
Oh man I don't remember what got patched when anymore, I remember at one point we had a guy we started gearing up for bear MT. BC had a lot of wacky stuff in it, I remember running hybrid spec rogue toward the end there. I've always HEARD about rogues tanking things with 102.4 dodge but I never saw it for myself.
>>
>>383723893
I miss my rogue shield
>>
In BC, Prot Paladins are great for tanking Heroics, Shattered Halls is way easier with a Paladin for example. Also great tanks for Kara, especially the first half of it with all the AoE packs. You will still need a warrior tank for Nightbane and a couple of the final bosses though. Paladins are usually never the Main Tank in 25 mans but are pretty much mandatory as an off tank in all the tiers of raiding, esp. Hyjal. You need Blessing of Kings for your raid, too. Blood elf racial is for ret spec, so you're better off rolling alliance if you want to tank. There will be a large alliance population on Felmyst, most top guilds that are rolling there are going ally and many want to support faction balance on the server since Horde is usually overplayed on BC realms.
>>
File: 1492538223672.jpg (73KB, 1214x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1492538223672.jpg
73KB, 1214x1140px
>tfw you'll never have your original BC/WOTLK guilds again
i will never fit in again
>>
>>383724009
I miss stunlocking leveling clothies but at this point we can't go back, WoW can't be like it used to be.
>>
>>383724110
Roll on Felmyst on July 21, friend.
>>
>>383721229
You remember wrong. They made paladin tanking viable in BC, prot paladin was a thing and they were very common.
I remember because I my alt was one. Shit was cash.
>>
File: 1391999218790.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1391999218790.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
How is Fury in TBC? I remember it being decent but people that have played much more recently than me say it's shit.
>>
>>383724039
OP if you're here this guy's advice is correct and reasoned, that's about right. If you're not going to play long enough to break into raids you'll be fine playing prot pally, but you may have some difficulty getting a spot for gruul if you change your mind.
>>
>>383722904
played warrior and priest back then and pala tank a year ago on a private server, and sure ae tanking as warrior isnt really hard, though 70% of all warriors are shit and unable to, but as pala you simply press like 3 buttons and that's it + you got like 700 dps which is neat as tank
>>
>>383724313
Fury is both good and easy in BC, if you can convince someone to kit you out with warglaives you will hit like a god. The rotation is piss easy also, you basically just sit still and whirlwind everything (even in ST). You gotta watch out for grabbing threat but that's true of a lot of classes back in BC, threat used to matter.
>>
>>383724313
if you go blacksmith for the two maws and have them early on, you are good to go, especially if you have an arms in your guild too to boost your dps
>>
>>383724535
Oh yeah what this guy said too, you can get a best in slot (maybe 2?) from smithing as fury.
>>
>>383724535
Pretty sure I'm going to be the only DPS Warrior in this guild and I'd rather play Fury since that's what I played during TBC.
>>
I played a Prot Pally back in TBC and made it through Kara just fine.

Now I'm playing Elysium and have a 60 Rogue and 45 Hunter. It's a nice change of pace from retail.
>>
>>383724617
For fury, you want to dual wield the BS Maces. For Arms, you want to go with the 2h Sword for PVE and the 2h Mace for PVP.
>>
>>383724709
Speaking of which. Does anyone recommend any free bots that I can use to level? I've seen plenty of bots that look legit, but you generally have to pay a monthly fee to use them. I'm looking to get away from monthly fees, hence the private server.
>>
>>383720202
God tier for 5 man's thanks to the AoE get a decent mage or lock and you can run through heroics with your eyes closed. Raid wise you'll be better as a healer offtanking the odd big pull or ad
>>
File: IMG_3648.png (405KB, 565x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3648.png
405KB, 565x316px
>>383724804
>botting
>>
>>383724761
Yeah and you also want the Khorium chestplate or whatever it was called, IIRC that was better than anything else you would get because it had that sweet sweet crit.
>>
Did Paladins even have Taunt until WoTLK?

That's why they were a joke, because unless you had Taunt you were literally worthless.
>>
>>383721721
Is it true?
>>
>>383725038
No. I played in retail and I did just fine.
>>
>>383721668
I thought destruction was the best raid DPS if you had a fire mage with improved scorch. Christ, shows how shit my guild and I were.
>>
>>383724195
>>383724039
>felmyst
This is NA hosted? Every other private server I've seen is hosted in russia or some shit and so I always have terrible ping. I'm interested but how will they avoid blizzard coming after them?
>>
>>383724292
They were a lot of paladins trying to tank but none of them were viable for real content
>>
>>383725160
Yeah, I'd never want to play on a NA hosted server. It's too easy for Blizz to shut them down.
>>
>>383723458
>102% dodge chance
Fucking rouges were broken during TBC
>>
>>383721668
>>383722391
>>383725118
Yeah, they would sacrifice their demon and then just mash one until the fight ended.
>>
>>383725020
>Did Paladins even have Taunt until WoTLK?
Yes
And 90% of bosses were immune to the taunts anyway in the bc
For example kael was unkillieable before patch not justbecause of bugs in the fight, but because he collected all healing aggro during first 3 phases and tanks couldn't do shit before he butchered all healers
>>
>>383720202
Best at AOE holding, a godsend as an offtank or dungeon tank. Terrible on your healers mana, making a bad main tank. Overall good.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN7KfJ7ZKXc

Plus, in TBC as a Pally, you can do this
>>
>>383725020
you had a 3 mobs taunt
>>
>>383725472
Yeah, that dude doesn't even know what he's talking about.
>>
>>383725290
For math reasons I don't understand tanks used to NEED to hit 102.4% total avoidance. Like, if you added up block, dodge, and parry + 5% miss chance the number had to come out to 102.4% or higher. It doesn't work that way now, now tanks just have short mitigation spells.
>>
>>383725038
Depends largely on your gear. You'll probably do fine if you can out damage everyone to keep aggro (good fucking luck), but you won't be able to keep aggro on multiple things.
>>
>>383725160
>>383725245
It is being hosted from NA. Everyone involved in the project has a lot of experience in the private server scene and they have backups for wherever they need to transfer ownership/server host to
>>
You will be called upon to tank Morogrim. That will be the height of your importance.

Everything else will be tanked by Warriors.
>>
>>383721721
you ain't tanking TBC heroics as an enh shaman unless your literally end-game geared.
>>
>>383725556
Yeah, but when Nost got shut down, there was only a short window for characters/accounts to be moved over to a new server. Even then, not everything made it through. It's not a safe bet to play on an NA hosted server. Always assume Blizz will take it down eventually.
>>
>>383725556
I'm interested but wary. East coast, west coast, or central (if you know)?
>>
>>383720202
Much like warriors and druids, you have to reach the "uncrushable" status through a combination of different defensive stats, among them being immune to getting crit. I can't remember the math to maintain it, but the info should be out there, somewhere.

In most raiding environments, you'll be the off-tank, as you'll always hold AoE threat better, and will be better served to take hateful strikes than a main tank druid/warrior.

In 5 mans, if you go in with two healers and two AoE-capable classes (typically a destruction warlock and an arcane mage) you can mow down and farm places like Heroic Shattered Halls very easily.

Pally tanks are great, though they were best served as healers throughout most of BC. Unless if you're playing on the patch that gives you access to Blessing of Sanctuary, then tanking is definitely the way to go.

Also, pop Holy Shield and laugh at rogues as they kill themselves on your blocks.
>>
>>383725556
You forgot about part where they clossed servers after month and run away with donations
Twice
>>
>>383721229
We always wanted to have one of each around. MT, yeah warrior virtually always best, but everyone had a role and a point for being there.
>>
>>383725020

IIRC they had one of those weird ones where you had to taunt OFF of a party member rather than taunting a mob.

Having a mouseover and raidframes that showed aggro solved this, but good luck having every prot paladin knowing that.
>>
>>383725360
>tfw your on the edge of aggro and then your shadow bolt gotta crit for 10k
Fucking glorious
>>
>>383720438
>>383720581
>Taking the bait
>>
>>383725719
New York, I found the answer on their site. I'm definitely at least making an account for this.
>>
>>383725719
East
>>383725916
It is not possible to donate to Felmyst, they are funding all server costs. Scriptcraft was a long time ago
>>
>>383725730
>have to
or you can just stack stamina and crit, allowing for the fastest clears possible
>>
>>383725916
Tell me more, anon. What did they used to call themselves?
>>
>>383725730
>Also, pop Holy Shield and laugh at rogues as they kill themselves on your blocks.
I loved to duel rogues and furies
>>
>>383720202
up until the end of wotlk
warrior tank >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else
especially as MT, I vaguely remember illidian having a move that only warrior tank could block with his shield, everyone else died in one hit
>>
Paladin tanks rocks in heroic tanking.

It becomes mediocre in raid tanking, but still acceptable. Warriors were awesome in raid but mediocre in 5m.
>>
We used a prot pala in SSC on the murlock boss thats about it
>>
>>383726198
Gummy (lead dev and successful programmer irl) was involved in Vanilla WoW emulation scene when he was in college and one of the servers he was involved with (not in charge of) shut down abruptly. It didn't have a super high population and they didn't shill for donations though
>>
>>383726340
>up until the end of wotlk
>warrior tank >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else
What the fuck
Wa
>>
>>383726340
Yeah only warriors could eat shear because they could get basically guaranteed blocks and you NEEDED to block that or you were dead.
>>
>>383726536
As far as Main Tanking 25 mans goes, you need a Warrior. Paladins/Druids CAN tank most 25 man bosses, but not all of them.
>>
>>383726340
warriors were the king of main tanking, but most fights needed mutliple, and the other two brought distinct advantages. Paladins best AOE. Warriors best damage mitigiation. Druids best HP sponge. Sure you needed a MT warrior on hand, but the others were solid in BC.
>>
>>383726449
I think I'll roll a character and feel it out. I think hosting in NA is a big mistake in the long run but I can't remember what it's like to play WoW with decent ping, so I'll at least level something.
>>
>>383726708
I talked about wotlk
>>
Is there any way to get into this game anymore, while knowing nothing about it?
Everything seems so established that there seems to be no point in starting from level 1.
>>
>>383721176
Good AoE off tank.
Basically if any fight had adds in it you'd want a pally. MT was still pretty much a Warrior's job with the occasional bear tank
>>
>>383726848
Anything this old will have cut and dry guides for everything, they've theorycrafted this shit as far as it will go and you can find the exact builds and methods really easily.
>>
I think people are forgetting just how much non Warrior tanks sucked before they made all the classes identical in Cataclysm.

>Paladins didn't have an emergency Last Stand except for Bubble that completely wiped their aggro
>Paladins didn't have a proper taunt
>Druids didn't have block or that stat to avoid crushing blows
>Druids had like 1 damage reduction spell on a 5 min CD
>>
File: bliniface.jpg (129KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
bliniface.jpg
129KB, 750x750px
>>383724927
>leveling through MMO's content more than once
>>
>>383726848
you can totally do legacy servers from level 1, but don't expect to PVP. PvE content on a populated server is totally do-able if your prepared to put a tiny bit of effort into learning it and dealing a bit a flame from the old players for being new. Really, alot of the players feel refreshed to see a newbie running around-- it's the very feeling they want to recapture.
>>
>>383722904
The easy entry level raid that everyone did with the majority of fights having loads of adds, yes. Pallys were better.
>>
>>383727038
They made paladin freaky-deaky good in wrath, they gave them a more normal second taunt, made them come back to life when they died, all of that shit. They were viable during wrath, just not really prior to that. You're right about cata though, once that rolled around all the tanks played similarly enough that you could use whatever.
>>
>>383726848
if you want to play and older expansion on a private server and you have no clue at all about wow, you need to look for a x1 exp server otherwise you are screwed as newbie
>>
>>383727038
> they made all the classes identical in Cataclysm.
Happened in wotlk
>Paladins didn't have a proper taunt
They got one in BC and real one in wotlk
>Druids had like 1 damage reduction spell on a 5 min CD
>Paladins didn't have an emergency Last Stand except for Bubble that completely wiped their ag
Got all warriors toolkit in wotlk
I wonder why wotlk kids always try to switch blame on cata
Wotlk was famous for the "bring people not class"
>>
>>383720202
>Playing on a server hosted in NA
Wasting your time. It's gonna be shut down retard.
>>
>>383727038
You mean before they made the class distinctions pointless? BC and early Wrath had solid distinctions between the classes, but the community endlessly bitched they couldn't mindlessly grind content as any class. 'bring the player not the class' sounds nice, but it was shitty design philosphy in the end.
>>
>>383726848
If you want to play
Vanilla WoW: Elysium
Burning Crusade: Felmyst
Wrath of the Lich King: Warmane
Cata: Atlantiss
>>
Is there even such a thing as free bots that are legit?
>>
>>383727434
Any server worth a damn will auto-ban you pretty quickly unless you're using an up-to-date bot that the author is actively maintaining
>>
>>383727328
>early Wrath had solid distinctions between the classes
Ahahahahhahahahaha
>Some healers don't have aoe heal? Here's one
>Druids don't have real res? Well, not anymore
>Healer without hots? What a heresy!
>Feral and prot paladins tank differently compared to the warriors? Not on my watch
>All dps should have self heal
>No more party buffs, raid buffs only
>Totems are too op? Let nerf them by covering half of them with buffs of others classes!
Wotlk was pure cancer and killed every bit of identify
>>
>>383726442
There are plenty of bosses where a Paladin is preferable and they are the ideal Off Tank for every encounter with multiple enemies, but there are fights where you just need a Warrior
>>
>>383727736
palas didnt have an aoe heal except for the beacon which healed target+beacon
you act as if thats bad
all of them except for druid hots suck and are mostly there so you can focus heal and then top off dps without having to hard switch
feral tanked different still
hunters and rogues had no self heal, mages came on a glyph for evocate warr's was a shitty one on a decent cd that only 1 spec got everyone else had heals beforehand and dk's self heal was from the self healing spec
shaman totems were still only party wide and regular buffs got better, fuck having to spend 10 minutes buffing
totems were still good afterwards
>>
>>383728924
>rogues had no self heal
They literally had passive heal from dps
And pretty sure one from combo
Fucking wotlk kid
>>
>>383720202
>How was paladin tank in the Burning Crusade?
good for dungeons
good for heroics
good as offtank in later raids
bad as maintank in raids
>>
If anyone is planning on playing Alliance on Felmyst, please consider joining our guild.

https://discord.gg/PkPkZPr

Just looking to have a good time and kill some trannies and Alexensual.
>>
>>383727736

That was cata you fucking mong, wotlk had certain class specific raid buffs and party buffs that meant your comp had to be diverse, the only downside was ret paladin damage that got way too insane and so everyone was a ret paladin.

You never played wotlk if you think all the shit you mentioned happened in it.
>>
>>383729565
Alexensual is rolling Alliance this time, gonna need to get an army of UD rogues together
>>
>>383729374

Shit that happened an expansion later: The post.
>>
>>383720202
Great tanks and a must have for hijal and za.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_071117_192704.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_071117_192704.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Childhood is idolizing Shitmyst.

Adulthood is realizing Legion makes more sense.
>>
Paladin tanks in BC became the best off tanks in the game for a good while.

They were, at the time, the best AOE tanks in the game, and with the right gear, they had 108% avoidance passively, which means they could never get hit.

Warriors were still the best main tanks in the game due to their better single target threat generation and sunder armor being the best physical DPS debuff that one could apply to the target.
>>
>>383721668
Fire destro was superior to the shadow spec.
>>
>>383729892
Nah, in his most recent streams he's still been saying Horde is the most likely probability.
>>
File: DDQMf-BXYAEPe40.jpg (58KB, 638x666px) Image search: [Google]
DDQMf-BXYAEPe40.jpg
58KB, 638x666px
>>383720347
>/facepalm
Back to moon guard
>>
>>383721668
Yeah, for an unheard of 10k crits. Just exploded bitches.
>>
>>383730135
>>383729565
>>383729892
Who is this guy and what did he do?
>>
File: 1431091414833.jpg (53KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
1431091414833.jpg
53KB, 600x576px
>>383730037

>that perfect set up for lich king bolvar to be the bigbad of the next expac

Pottery. I wish the other class campaigns were half as good.
>>
>>383720202
Most raid guilds were Warrior MT and Prot pally OT for that sweet sweet AoE Aggro, Pally was slightly harder to defense cap, feral was... well it existed.
>>
>>383730263
A 30 year old man who plays private server for a living and makes YouTube videos about them. It's funny because he is royally shit at the game and a huge asshole about it. Just check out his stream next time he is on.

He's a known account buyer/seller and gold seller, just a piece of shit in general.
>>
>>383730648
If you dragged one through sunwell they had the gear to main tank a good chunk of the fights, they would never hit avoidance cap but they got enough HP that it no longer mattered.
>>
>>383730691
Good enough for me, let's gank the shit outta this guy
>>
>>383730762
So Druids could MT the last 5 months of the expansion. Yeah...
>>
>>383729839
>This delusional
wow, just wow
Wotlk kids are insane
They so buttdevastated about wotlk killing wow, that they switched all wotlk "innovations" towards cata
The only thing cata did to kill "class identify" was stacking druid + paladin buffs, and priest and imp stamins
Everything else? Wotlk
>>
>>383730648
Feral was a better OT than Paladin for most of TBC. And, plus, when you didn't need an OT they could become another DPS right off the bat.
>>
>>383730648
>I never played BC
It was Warrior MT and druid OT as meta
>>
File: bloodelves-full.jpg (156KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bloodelves-full.jpg
156KB, 840x1200px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl2KS5c26t4

best theme+screen, or bestest?
>>
>>383720662
as a pal? sure you can.

i hit 70 in under 24 hours played fresh 1-70, you just need to know where to level.
>>
>>383730919
Well we're talking about private servers, on the old ones half the guilds have fully geared druid tanks. I never really saw that shit in retail though.
>>
>>383730978
>>383731054
Might explain why my guild never got past T5 until Sunwell, they were Paladin/Druid tanks for raiding.
>>
>>383731123
bullshit
>>
>>383731123
Tell me your secrets, anon
>>
File: zalar.jpg (17KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
zalar.jpg
17KB, 300x196px
>>383731096
Best mounts, best zones, best city too
>>
File: YOUEYE.jpg (601KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
YOUEYE.jpg
601KB, 1920x1080px
I can't wait to frostshock some filthy blood elves, been waiting to do this on a decent server since Corecraft started up.
>>
>>383731492
i dont remember the exact level path but im sure youtube does

this was the first thing that popped up on google https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJMXlP0iBUQ

that spot specifically was about an hr a level? then you went to zangar and you finished up in smv
>>
>>383730879
alexsensual is /our guy/. Only redditfags hate him because he caused "drama" by exposing the fuck outta their corrupt russian vanilla server
>>
Do the Felmyst beta(s?) carry over to live? I'd prefer to wait for it to officially come out, but I don't want to start and have people already at cap.
>>
>>383731809
You mean how he took thousands of dollars from his followers saying he will make a donation to Elysium, then said lolno Elysium is corrupt, and pocketed the money for himself?

The guy gave no refunds, he's a fucking balding, manlet, scumbag.
>>
>>383731779
It is literally not possible to level fresh 1 - 70 in 24 hours played on a 2.4.3 x1 TBC server without some sort of massive exploit.

Your memory is failing you.
>>
>>383731905
Nothing transfers from PTR to live, that would be incredibly unfair
>>
>>383731945
He gave refunds you bozo. He said in a video that everyone who donated should send him their paypal transaction # for a refund. Stop browsing reddit.
>>
>>383721293
>Wrong
Wrong
>>
>>383730206
/facedesk
>>
>>383721650
>No donate and epic shop
they do that shit under the hood just like elysium. you ask the right GMs, pay them through paypal, they deliver you the stuff discreetly.
>>
>>383732402
I can ignore things like this
I can't ignore "buy new pecis and 80lvl character here link on our main page" warmane and kronos shit
>>
>>383732592
He's lying btw
>>
File: 159493837746.jpg (184KB, 795x567px) Image search: [Google]
159493837746.jpg
184KB, 795x567px
>>383732402
>>
Why do people like TBC so fucking much when there's multiple specs that are just straight up unplayable? Vanilla too for that matter.
>>
>>383731962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqoXOQHh1wY

1 day (not played) to hit 60, then its about an hr a level to get to 70.
>>
>"no donations guys!"
>2 months later
>"guys now that you've spent all this time playing we need money to keep the server alive."

Elysium already did it, genius strategy t b h.
>>
>>383732318
m8, if you wanted a tank for 5 mans you got the Prot Pally to do it. Their AoE tanking abilities were excellent in TBC. They were required off tanks in certain raid encounters too.

Ferals were also good tanks, and actually preferable for certain raid encounters like Tidewalker
>>
>>383732929
Still no epic and character shop like on every other vanilla server
This is exactly that made nostr popular
>>
>>383732785
Because they mained one of the classes that Blizzard favored around that point and miss being brokenly OP.
80% of the people who want vanilla legacy servers main a rogue or warrior, guaranteed.
>>
>>383733031
Still all the time invested makes people more willing to donate. Pretty much coercing people to donate unless they want the server dead.
>>
>>383733043
I played as a druid before blizzard actually remade restor talent tree in the vanilla
I played as a shadow warrior in the warhammer online
I played as a captain in lotro
I still had fun, and would have fun even now
>>
I was reminded of this little gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eXM7qqeZLw
>>
>>383733156
having to pay for something you enjoy.

plebs
>>
>>383733472
that was shit
>>
prot pally was good at AoE pulls but it was still far outclassed by warriors as a MT.

I think people took druids as OTs more than Paladins cause of higher utility, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>383730962

Except you claimed every class had a class specific heal baked into it in wotlk, the only one that had that that didn't have it from the start of the game was ret paladin and you had to spec into it, rogue didn't have one, mage sure as fuck didn't have one unless you glyphed it and it was virtually never used in PvE in any sense.
Example: >>383729374
Clear bait in every sense but I'm assuming you're just bored and baiting because you have nothing else to do.

>>383730962
Please just go back to your 150x BC fun servers and read up on some patch notes next time you attempt to throw some bullshit claims about and take a couple seats.
>>
should I go Rogue, Mage or Hunter?

alliance btw
>>
>>383734834
You should go kill yourself, you dog.
>>
>>383724110
my original guild was in classic you scrub
>>
>>383734834
Rogue if you want to gank people while leveling.
Hunter if you want an easy time leveling.
Mage if you like magic classes.
>>
File: wtf oniichan.jpg (156KB, 492x460px) Image search: [Google]
wtf oniichan.jpg
156KB, 492x460px
>>383734834
>alliance btw
>>
>>383732859

Athene literally got banned for exploiting this, then no one could level like this afterward.
>>
>>383735052
I'm just worried about what will mesh best in 5mans/raids. A rogue might be able to outdps a mage single target but is dependent on buffs more than the mage.
>>
File: nb8m0hf5Eu1tiz198o2_250.gif (2MB, 245x308px) Image search: [Google]
nb8m0hf5Eu1tiz198o2_250.gif
2MB, 245x308px
>>383735092
>blood elves
>undead
>>
I just bought WoW and will be playing it for the first time. Which side do I pick? Which class? I usually pick mages or archers in these games, but I was thinking of changing it up a bit and going either tank or healer.
>>
>retail is trash
>elysium is infested with chinks and the devs are complete shit
>anathema is dead as fuck
>warmane is a p2w funserver with a fake pop
>felmyst/gummycraft will get shut down asap

Welp.
>>
>>383731779
>2009
So not even TBC then.
>>
>>383735406
whoa there buddy without homogenization people will get their feelings hurt.

>a dwarf gets fear ward and all I get is this dinky lightning shield as a troll?
>i cant be a shaman on alliance or a paladin on horde?
>>
>>383725528
The attacking mob's attack table must have been filled completely with other attack results that take precedence over Crushing Blows. Against an opponent 3 levels higher than the tank — Boss mobs are treated as being 3 levels higher than their targets — all combined avoidance need to add up to 102.4%.
>>
>>383727141
>wow pvp is hard

PFFFTHAHAHAHAHHAH
>>
>>383735303
The game isn't that great right now, but a new player could still probably have fun. Play whichever faction you like most, if you prefer playing as orcs or undead play Horde, if you prefer humans or dwarves play Alliance. Just pick whichever class you like most. Tanks and healers are decent at leveling because you get in dungeon queues really quickly. Also pretty much every tank class shits out damage (more than pure DPS classes) until the 80s, and even then you'll still out damage most people in dungeons. If you're new and don't want to spam dungeons to level then it doesn't really matter what class you play.
>>
>>383735695
It's hard for people who don't want to learn every classes abilities. Most new players I meet just avoid PVP entirely and cry like pussies when they get ganked
>>
>>383726340
>end of wotlk

death knights were the best tanks in the game on day 1 of raiding, they were so fucking broken and you wanted all your warriors as fury with titan's grip ridiculous OP dps
>>
>>383735303
>faction
Depends on the server and server time. A lot of servers (if not all) have been merged to boost populations, so it's not as big of a problem as it used to. Preferably you want a server thats evenly split population wise.
>class
Hunters are a pretty good starter class.

Just a side note, if it is your first time, don't be tempted by purely dungeon grinding. Go out and quest first and reward yourself every so often with a dungeon queue. Low level battlegrounds are dead outside of the opening 10-14 bracket, and even then, if you don't have heirlooms, you are pretty much try hard fodder and it isn't fun.
>>
>>383735851
People didn't realize how OP blood tanking was until Ulduar.
>>
retail is pissing me off way too much
>can't get raid pugs unless you have ahead of the curve
>can't even get mythic+ pugs if you don't have some new mythic+ clear score that they made up on wowprogress or some shit
it's a pile of shit
>>
>>383735301
better than Alliance you know
>>
>>383735851
You could run damn near any combination of talents as DK and tank shit anyway
>>
>>383735851
>DK tanks were good
No they really weren't. Thank christ Cataclysm gave DKs a decent tanking tree rather than the weird, scattered mess DKs were before.
>>
>>383735851
TG Fury wasn't OP on day one raiding. Up untilt he first major patch, Fury required too much hit in order to dish out competitive damage.
>>
>>383735301
>retconned druid wolf men
>retconned space ghosts
Nah Alliance is shit pal.
>>
File: 1458254306331.jpg (31KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
1458254306331.jpg
31KB, 636x636px
>>383736097
>wotlk
>enter dungeon
>inspect tank
>blood dk
>>
>>383735301
>Thinking night elves are any better
>Kshit poster
>>
>>383725038
No, he's full of shit. The only fights when you used something other than a class with a tank spec were extremely rare "only melee" fights where you could have a max avoidance rogue tank or Illidan's shadow phase where a warlock could tank it.
>>
>>383736278
>>383736097
You had to run weirdo hybrid specs but it was definitely viable, at least depending on the patch
>>
>>383736312
You needed a mage tank for the first boss in Gruuls, and didn't you need one in BT's Council?
He is full of shit about shaman tanking though.
>>
>>383736312
Illidari Council required a mage to spell steal a buff to tank or something IIRC
>>
>>383736097
>bone shield and death strike
>not OP as fuck

the talent tree was a complete fucking mess but they were the best tanks bar none
>>
>>383736389
Not for the initial raiding tiers it wasn't. I only started seeing DK tanks in raids once the year long ICC grind started, and even then, I think they were only being tried out of sheer boredom.

I had a hunter + turtle pet tank for OS10 once because we wanted to see if it actually would work.
>>
>>383734761
>This much backpedalling'
Your statemnt according to the this post >>383729839
Cata and not wotlk introduced
>Raid wide buffs
>Aoe heal to the healers
>Druid proper ressurection
>Hots to the paladin
>Defensive cd for the paladins and feral druid
>Totem buffs being covered by other classes
>Self heal for the dps

>Buuuuut my wotlk was da best bring people and not class didn't killed class identify back then, I swear
Pathetic
>>
>>383721514
Destro may have had mildly higher dps but affliction was far more fun. Managing five dots of different durations, fitting in life taps and mana taps and filling with shadowbolts. Spamming one skill is boring as shit and for plebeians.
>>
>>383736497
>>383736504
Forgot about those two, it has been actual years, maybe almost a decade since I touched TBC. I always found the Illidari Fight to be extremely fogettable though. BT was a mixed bag. One one had you had a fight like Teron that was completely optional and was fun as fuck and then you had a typical gear check like Supspermus.
>>
I play BrM monk pretty much exclusively. I get bored of WoW pretty quickly as DPS, and Healer is fucking lame as shit. Are any of the TBC tanks sort of like Legion BrM? I'm definitely interested in trying TBC, because my sub ends in 7 days so it'll line up perfectly.
>>
>>383735790
>>383735870
Thanks, I'll probably go with Horde since I'm an edgy faggot. I'm really leaning towards a tank, I played a tank only once in and MMO before and in a raid I felt like the most powerful motherfucker alive, but then I would be alone most the time and it would be tedious since I couldn't do damage, even the simplest of daily activities would take me forever. But if it's as you say regarding damage, I think I'll go with it. Just gonna do some solo questing not gonna rush with dungeons.
>>
>>383736903
Meanwhile you had bosses like Void Reaver who was little more than a glorified loot dispenser, and in the same instance, bosses like Kael'thas which took literal months to kill. It took so long to kill Kael'thas, Black Temple patch was released before he died.
>>
>>383736903
Yeah BC raiding was weird. I still remember it fondly but having played a private server recently the old raids were definitely kinda janky and weird compared to the new ones. Raids just aren't the same sort of thing now- you still get gear check fights but idk, it's just not the same. A lot of the fights I remember enjoying seem kinda crappy after having played all the raids that came after and others flipped the opposite way.
>>
>>383737028
tanks can AOE farm pretty easily.
>>
>>383730135
he said hes going alliance dwarf priest like all the retards
>>
File: oy.png (67KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
oy.png
67KB, 500x250px
>>383737012
preasu respondu
>>
>>383737012
>he played Brewmaster
how?
>>
>>383731809
fuck off you god damn retard, he's an autistic manchild who doesn't even know how to play his own class he supposedly "mained back in the day"
>>383730135
he said he's going alliance because "all the big guilds are going there". As if he's good enough to even be a fucking sub in their guilds, but of course the little rat pulled some string on a guild leader that'll get him into raids and his guild
>>
>>383731123

calling bullshit if you were solo
>>
he was a veteran priest back in TBC guys, why can't all of you just git gud?
https://streamable.com/ybhrl
>>
>>383737012
Nah Brew is actually pretty unique as far as WoW tanking goes but old wow tanking wasn't quite the same as new wow tanking. Modern WoW bosses require you to use those active mits (or in your case, staggering it all) whereas in BC most of being a tank was having the stats to passively never be crit, and holding aggro. There were still tank mechs but they weren't really as intense because you were really doing all you could do to hold onto the boss, if you or a high threat DPS screwed up it meant a wipe. I think it's worth a shot but there isn't really "one" tank in BC that can do it all. Most fights required warrior main tank and then either prot or bear offtank. I guess the answer to your question is that none of them play like Brew but none of them play the same as tanks do now at all.
>>
>>383737983
Oh and if you wanted to do dungeons then paladin was typically the way to go, keeping threat on large amounts of mobs as anything but was REALLY DIFFICULT
>>
>>383720202
Paladin was pretty good in TBC. They were better in OT roles because they were the absolute king of AoE threat generation and were extremely useful on fights like Morogrim Tidewalker and basically mandatory in Hyjal because of the large packs of trash waves.

They were best as OT but they were absolutely capable of being an MT. The tanks were pretty well balanced in TBC, certain tanks were better than others for certain fights but they were all useful in their own way.
>>
did dualspec come with TBC or was that Wrath?
>>
>>383737086
>>383737260
Raiding as a whole has gotten A LOT more complex because as bad as LFR is it greatly raised the quality of the average player. Void Reaver is the perfect example, it has three mechanics, it throws aoes at range, it aoes melee and it does a knockback threat drop. That's simpler than LFR these days that that was a tier boss. In the second tier of the expansion. Now, his attacks did hit hard, and if you messed up the mechanics you ran the risk of taking 90% of your health in damage or even dying, but with so few mechanics, it was very easy to get good. Old raiding was a lot more gear dependent and a lot less mechanics and skill dependent. The only reason the Kael'thas fight took months for guilds to learn was because it had what would be considered today an average amount of mechanics, but it was tuned to super tight gear requirements.
>>
>>383737871
why didnt he fade?
>>
>>383738321
Yeah exactly, in old raids the hard part was even GETTING there, you needed to have crazy gear and a trillion consumables and nobody really knew what they were doing. Also the old raids never worked on release and it took them months to fix them, that was frustrating.
>>
>>383737028
Tanks scale pretty well throughout the game and even to endgame content. They can still deal good dps, especially if they pull multiple groups plus they have crazy survivability even without a healer.
>>
>>383738561
Neat. Got about 10 mins left to download, then it's time to start the adventure. About 10 years too late but fuck, I was always a bit slower than the other kids.
>>
>>383738789
If you don't know what you're doing google it or ask someone. Odds are you'll get called a retard but if you don't ask you will DEFINITELY get called a retard.
>>
>>383737871
lol hes so bad and doesnt realize it
>>
>Worth planning to level draenei/be to the 70?

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>383739012
I don't mind, I always learn at my own pace in MMOs, and was never called a retard before so I'm not worried about that. But I obviously won't jump into things I don't understand.
>>
>>383720662

That's why you don't play on the 1x exp server. Those servers are all really just a race to end-game unless you make a 19 twink character or some shit.
>>
>>383737871
This guy isn't actually 30 is he?
He has the voice of a whiney 16 year old.
>>
>>383723198

You get the gear and the experience of running the places either way. Being MT takes the sort of person that will urinate into a fucking cup rather than getting up and going to the toilet.
>>
is felguard good
>>
File: 1478661906169.jpg (27KB, 326x263px) Image search: [Google]
1478661906169.jpg
27KB, 326x263px
>>383735301
>not liking the two best playable races
sad tbqh
>>
>>383733043
vanilla is fun because of world pvp, which is a complete shitfest half the time, and if you are too autistic to roleplay, then why are you playing WoW in the first place?
also, the fact that content is not soloable, you're forced to make friends and join a guild. you're forced to be a part of the community in all facets of the game. you're forced to have a reputation and people on the opposite faction will get to know you, and so on.

today, none of that exists, at all, in any form.
>>
>>383740168
>today, none of that exists, at all, in any form.
Alright, good luck soloing a mythic+ 15 or clearing H ToS without a guild then.
>>
>>383740364
Not that guy but I literally cleared H ToS in the first week with PUGs. I had nothing to do all week and it took about 10 hours a day, but it's absolutely doable if you're patient and autistic enough.
>>
>>383740364
raiding is just one facet of the game, and it's the only facet left when it comes to modern wow.
raiding is not the be-all end-all, contrary to what you've been trained to think when it comes to WoW.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_071217_202058.jpg (350KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_071217_202058.jpg
350KB, 1920x1080px
haha poor babbies playing on their pirate server
>>
>>383740498
nice moving the goal posts
>>
>>383740602
orc mages were a mistake
>>
>>383740602
>mfw people think they know what looks good
>they never know what looks good
Letting players pick and choose cosmetic items for their characters is how you end up with a HIDEOUS game
>>
>>383740617
>muh server reputation in my 10 man guild
>>
>>383740617
an argument may be fallacious, but that does not invalidate the initial point, nor does pointing out a fallacy validate your own point of view as correct.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_071217_202457.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_071217_202457.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
>>383740715
Is this better?
>>
File: loled.jpg (68KB, 606x403px) Image search: [Google]
loled.jpg
68KB, 606x403px
>>383740715
Yeah, TBC had some great looking and consistent armor design.
>>
>>383740901
It infuriates me that fire has to use a sword and an offhand
>>
>>383740905
>comparing end game armor to leveling armor
>>
File: Wow-64 2016-03-14 22-59-58-39.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wow-64 2016-03-14 22-59-58-39.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383740602
>Enjoying legion
>Orc mage
Fucking shit taste, coming from someone that mained an Orc, orcs don't go well as mages.

Is there any decent MoP server around i can relive my glory days on?

I tried Wowfreakz, it had so many bugs it made me quit before reaching 90.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_111814_151649.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_111814_151649.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
>>383740905
>>
>>383741113
it infuriates me that no caster actually uses their weapon
>>
>>383740905
You're helping argue my side, the guy on the right is a player selecting his own gear. (Some of) the armor sets look nice, if you mix and match different bits of gear 99% of the time it ends up looking like that and people think it looks good because all the gear pieces are the same color or something. In legion everyone is walking around looking like a fucking eyesore, it's like playing tf2.
>>
>>383737725
BrM is absurdly fun, once you get into high ilvl, M+ is super fun becuase you get to ignore the fuck out a ton of affixes, but shit like Grievous makes it basically impossible to do M+. My only real complaint about the class is that Paladin and Shaman healers are hard to play with.
>>383737983
I guess I'll roll a warrior then. I'm sure I'll probably not play a ton anyways.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_050115_205244_4.jpg (445KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_050115_205244_4.jpg
445KB, 1920x1080px
>>383741379
p@nd@sh@n
all quests work
all raids work
most spells work
we waiting u
>>
>>383740053
blood elves killed the horde
>>
>>383741676
Blood elves saved the Horde more than anything else.
Without them the faction imbalance would've just gotten progressively worse.
>>
>>383741842
I liked the distinction of the factions in vanilla with shamans horde and pallies alliance.
>>
>>383741942
I agree with you but >>383741842 that guy is right, without blood elves everyone would be playing alliance. It's lame but it is what it is, people just want to self insert as the prettiest possible character.
>>
File: 1151.jpg (94KB, 405x703px) Image search: [Google]
1151.jpg
94KB, 405x703px
>>383741631
>Youtube that shit
>Peruvian fags everywhere

Nigga, u tryna fool me?
>>
>>383721721
>>383725038
>>383736312
>>383736497
>>383736903
You could tank as a Shaman just fine in heroics and Kara (with a shield though, 2H enh tank is a vanilla meme). Aggro issues become quite pronounced though later on as their threat scales poorly, even moreso with the change to Spirit Weapons that happened in 2.3 or 2.4 that reduces all their melee threat by 30%. Early BC was a pretty great time to be a Shaman tank.
>>
>>383739327
Alright lads, the game is ready, now I just gotta know, there seem to be 3 tank classes, I'm leaning towards monk, is it any good?
>>
>>383742249
There's 5. Warrior, Druid, Paladin, DK and Monk.
>>
>>383742046
Does it count as self inserting if I'm ugly irl?
>>
>>383742457
6 if you count DH, even though nobody actually plays vengeance.
>>
>>383742249
Oh are you playing retail? There are 5- you can play paladin, warrior, death knight, monk, and druid. Warrior uses a big shield and their primary tanking ability is them just shrugging off the damage like it never happened. Paladin also uses a big shield and you have also use holy magic to empower yourself, you do a lot of throwing that shield. Death knight is almost entirely self healing- they can't reduce incoming very well but they lifesteal and heal a TON. Druid turns into a bear and tanks as a bear- they have a little of everything. Monk is definitely the odd man out, it's the last one they added. Monk converts a lot of the damage it takes into damage over time to be healed off slowly. They can also purge some of that self DoT.
>>
>>383742457
Shit. Well I still wanna go monk, is it viable? Or will I be thrown out mid raid for a Paladin or whatever.
>>
>>383742536
>>383742539
Oh whoops I forgot to mention Demon Hunter, just don't play. It somehow manages to be an edgy mary sue do not steal class without actually being very powerful.
>>
>>383742618
Monk is absolutely viable, if a little bit less intuitive. A bunch of the top guilds bring monk into their raids because of their "convert incoming damage into damage over time' mechanic. Monks basically don't have damage spikes at all, if there's an ability that does a large amount all at once monk laughs that off like it's nothing. They're maybe not the best for timed challenge mode dugeons but they're totally viable.
>>
>>383735301
>playing Alliance on a TBC server
Enjoy getting ganked every 10 seconds.
>>
>>383742539
>>383742771
Thank you lads, it's time to start the game finally.
>>
How hard were the dungeons in TBC? Or did shit still not get very difficult until you were raiding?
>>
>>383742957
NP, enjoy BrM. Not a lot of people play it but it's pretty neat, you can see feel that they made an effort to do stuff they hadn't done before and 2 xpacs later it still feels different to me.
>>
>>383743037
They're not very hard but most players are complete retards
>>
>>383742046
undead girls are the prettiest possible characters
>>
>>383742656
If anything Death Knights are still the reigning champions of edge. The shit you get away with during their class campaign is astounding, I'm surprised that they're even allowed in Dalaran at this point.
Meanwhile Demon Hunters have done nothing but fight against the Legion directly. The only edgy retard among them is Illidan and he is barely present in the DH story outside of the opening questline.
>>
>>383743037
If you're doing them for the first time the potential for screwing up is pretty high but once you know what you're doing you can chain pull nearly all of them with a proper comp.
>>
>>383743037
Much harder than anything that came after TBC.
>>
File: 1483473767046.jpg (150KB, 496x509px) Image search: [Google]
1483473767046.jpg
150KB, 496x509px
>>383720202
>spriest+protadin
>>
>>383743140
I haven't played my DK at all in legion. I've heard the class stuff for them is excellent but have not seen it. I just really fucking hate DH, when I was leveling it seemed like nearly EVERY tank I got in dungeon finder was a new DH that didn't know how to play their damn class. I've always disliked Illidan and I was upset to see that they replaced Thrall with yet another Jesus, but at least he's gone at the end of the xpac.
>>
>>383743037
The trash was hard but the bosses were pretty simple.
Cata had harder dungeons.
>>
>>383735142
and now he's in a weird cult-like group
>>
>>383743286
who is this cute anime girl
>>
File: 1223746345563.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1223746345563.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>383743361
>he remembers Cata dungeons
>>
>>383743357
>when I was leveling it seemed like nearly EVERY tank I got in dungeon finder was a new DH that didn't know how to play their damn class.
That was definitely the case during Legion's launch but its gotten to the point where most of the fotm rerollers have moved on. A lot of the people still playing them are actually committed to the class (though that doesn't change the fact that vengeance is still fundamentally shitty compared to most of the other tank specs).
>>
>>383743532
Why wouldn't I?
They were the best part of that whole expansion.
>>
>tank H SV last night
>start warrior mobs hit me for 2.5K each swing
>casters do a tonne of damage as well
>mob that cleaves 1 shots our rogue
>have to discuss a lot of pulls to make sure we don't wipe
>barely make it through the instance

Holy fuck it was fun.
>>
>>383743716
Yeah that's what I've been reading as well, even once they understand that you have to fucking PRESS DEMON SPIKES the class just isn't as good as the other tanking specs. IIRC it's pretty much only druid brew and pally now depending on the fight.
>>
>>383743812
stop playing the beta so you save yourself for launch
>>
>>383740602
shit transmog
>>
Should I just run Feral to level like everyone else? I'm guessing Resto is pretty shit unless you've got a steady group.
>>
>>383744164
Yeah don't level as a healer unless you have a dedicated 5 man group, it's miserable.
>>
>>383744164
Leveling in a healer spec always sucks ass unless you have a friend going with.
Go feral or balance if you don't mind chugging water all the time.
>>
>>383744287
idk I've leveled to 84 with my resto shaman and I didn't have much trouble, LFG is so easy and if you're good enough you can carry the group
>>
>>383743478
cockona.
>>
>>383744429
I thought we were talking about TBC
>>
>>383744429
Oh I thought we were still talking about BC, yeah if you're post dungeon finder it doesn't matter.
>>
>>383724804
>botting
Kill yourself anon
>>
>>383725290
They were strong but progression wise you'll be damn lucky if you get a spot in a raid. you only need 1 or 2 rogues in your raid
>>
in BC which race was best for hunters for each faction?

Orc for horde and dwarf for ally?
>>
>>383725664
and even then most players won't bother to group with you. You'd have to have guildies or friends who wanna get goofy with you. That being said it's really fun to do stupid shit like this and succeed
>>
>>383744943
Troll so you can blow stuff up with bow specialization + Thori'dal
>>
>>383725716
Well there was a good chunk of time to move your nost character data over. If you're serious about keeping your data, just pay attention when you get on the internet and find out when the time comes. It's not hard.
>>
>>383744921
Yeah rogues don't contribute a lot in the way of raidwide buffs, you get that crit (or hit? I forget) buff but otherwise you don't get anything out of them but damage. Even if you're a class that does shit DPS you can still get a spot because you have a buff that the raid needs.
>>
>>383725916
Donation free server.
>>
>>383720945
Not true, I tanked whole raids as a pally back in BC.
I remember using some mage sword because of spellpower and that allowed me to keep aggro forever. Also much more durable than warrior by itself and bonus healing converted to mana had great results.
>>
>>383726768
Meh, they have just as much power in france as they do in NA if they wanna C&D. I'm pretty sure france is where Elysium is hosted. It has to do with how much traffic the servers actually get, and their retail numbers dropping if I had to guess.

Anyway pvt servers are for fun and nostalgia. Play the game, talk to people, make friends and build your shit. When it ends it ends.
>>
>>383723458
Not until Sunwell

t. a rogue who tanked Archimonde the week before the patch dropped
>>
>>383727038
As far as the threat wiping goes and proper taunt for paladins go, just make yourself uncrittable and get a healer who isn't an afk shitty healbot. Oh and your dps can use their threat meter or they're retarded.
>>
>>383727319
They can shut down servers in any Euro country just as easily as NA. And if your character data is saved then it's not such a big deal IMO
>>
>>383744164
>Level as bear
you really shouldn''t die at all, but it will take time killing shit, at the final stretch of like 95-110 leveling will be a bit slow
>level as cat
you can stealth, and insta gib a bunch of enemies, like levelling with a rogue, but you can do a bunch of cool shit. You can also self heal and shit, fastest levelling because your time to kill enemies is very short, but keep in mind that at max level right now, feral druids are garbage, super high skill needed for mediocre output, but blizz says theyre making major changes
>level as space chicken
you can kill shit from range, and you kill bretty fast. You can kill multiple enemies really well, and you got self heal and all the druid tricks. incredibly strong pve spec at max level right now

Don't bother levelling as resto. Just que up for dungeons as a tank/healer/dps and swap spec to whatever you need to do.
>>
>>383727434
Kill yourself, bud. If you wanna bot move to china you stupid piece of shit
>>
>>383727736
Agreed. If you like Wrath or anything after it you're a fucking retard
>>
How were Enh Shamans in TBC? I really want to get back into that double Windfury.
>>
>>383731779
That's leveling from 60 to 70 my friend. Would still like to hear your guy's realistic records on leveling, though. I dont know if people are exaggerating but they level real fucking fast apparently.
>>
>>383730037
>play retail wow, it's where all the adults are
FUCKING LOL
>>
>>383740602

>Meetkatz

Oh shit nigga, you gonna hop on Felmyst, kill a guild and then go back to retail?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.