[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So basically Andromeda is a game with good combat but garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Andromeda.jpg (115KB, 1280x724px) Image search: [Google]
Andromeda.jpg
115KB, 1280x724px
So basically Andromeda is a game with good combat but garbage tier story, characters, and side missions. Is this correct?
>>
It's ME3 all over again yes
>>
>>383718187
The combat is only good if you were intellectually challenged by the managing a whopping 2 allies and their abilities from previous games at once, and think that a piddling jumppack that is probably the worst of its kind found in any game with jumppacks is a great payoff.

It is quite literally 2 steps back and a half step forward.
>>
ME Andromeda is basically what No Man's Sky should've' been.

Exploring a new galaxy, a small framework reason for doing it and a basic evil entity to fight. Like No Man's Sky, it's not worth $60 brand new.
>>
>>383719463
>No Man's Sky should have been an equally shitty game
?????
>>
File: lelia.jpg (98KB, 570x667px) Image search: [Google]
lelia.jpg
98KB, 570x667px
>>383718187
>Good combat
>>
Combat is shit whole game is garbo
>>
The combat isn't entirely an improvement honestly. Say what you will about waist high wall shooters but they know what they are and stick to it. Andromeda wants to be something else, so you don't even get cover half the time, but still can't take a hit for shit. It feels like most TPS did before cover got so popular, kind of sloppy and with no weight behind the weapons. Once you look past the jetpack and space wizard powers (most of which feel underwhelming to use too), you're not left with the most solid gameplay.
>>
Im still pretty hurt by this and 3. Mass effect 1 is one of my favorite games and 2 was really enjoyable. Was hoping it would.be a long running franchise I could enjoy but now I just feel bitter as hell about it. I guess it's good that the series is essentially dead until they do a reboot in a decade or so. I'll be dead by then so it won't really matter.
>>
>>383718187
Exactly.
>>
>>383718187
It's a game with mediocre at best combat, god awful story, characters, writing, levels, and 'rpg mechanics,' all brought further down by being a technical nightmare that glitches out almost every other minute.
>>
>>383722435

You'll be dead in a decade?
>>
>>383718187
>basically Andromeda is a game with good combat
no, it's a third person shooter
>>
File: Hissing Wastes.jpg (32KB, 556x314px) Image search: [Google]
Hissing Wastes.jpg
32KB, 556x314px
>>383718187
There were one or two characters I genuinely liked.

But I felt that the quests had the same issue as Inquisition. Massive areas to explore, but not a lot of interesting things to find.
>>
>>383718187
I liked the jet pack and Mako.

That's it.
>>
File: Mass Effect 4.jpg (2MB, 886x6129px) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect 4.jpg
2MB, 886x6129px
>>383718187
>Andromeda good in anyway
>>
>>383724359
Mako is from ME1. They use the Nomad in ME:A

>>383718187
The gameplay feels smoother than the original trilogy, but the cover mechanic sucks. I also still think that making all powers available in one playthrough is bullshit. I usually play with one or two profiles that reflect one profile which I never change in one playthrough.
>>
>>383718187
Combat was in 3 better
>>
>>383718187
Nah it's turboshit to the max baby
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.