[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The new cataclysm expansion pack is looking rad, what are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: antarctica.png (4MB, 2156x1210px) Image search: [Google]
antarctica.png
4MB, 2156x1210px
The new cataclysm expansion pack is looking rad, what are your expectations?
>>
>>383717601
>global warming will mean the destruction of coastal haves of liberal degeneracy
>based "fly-over" country will rise up and rule over what is left

I look forward to it
>>
File: Gore.jpg (181KB, 1122x729px) Image search: [Google]
Gore.jpg
181KB, 1122x729px
>>383717601
>buy my solar panels goy
>>
>>383717820
>hating on solar panels

What's wrong with generating your own energy?
>>
>>383718056
>your own energy
>>
>>383717742
>based "fly-over" country will rise up and rule over what is left

>Rule

You'll turn into what the US is for gringos.
Except there are about a hundred times more gringos.
>>
File: 1451258781901.png (192KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1451258781901.png
192KB, 501x445px
>>383718257
>paying for it on a per-unit basis with variable costs
>>
>>383717820
The fact you sad fucks are talking about a fucking "solar panel conspiracy" and think that doesn't sound the stupiest shit ever is kinda sad.
At least chemtrails have some fantasy in it.
>>
>>383718056
Solar panels are inefficient. At least for now, they are, and probably will be in the next couple decades, maybe. Plus, they're really not that great in every single area, only certain places in the world can truly use them properly, and some wouldn't even be that good the entire year, so you can't ever depend on them in 98% of the planet the entire time.

Thus, they are a shitty source of energy. Yeah, it's cool when they're working, completely clean and all that, but that's a mirage. It barely ever happens. And they pollute a lot more with the rare earth materials that have to be extracted through extremely dirty ways that pollute the atmosphere far more than conventional ways to generate energy.
Solar panels are a scam, really.
>>
>>383718930
Yes let me guess we should go back to full force coal mining
>>
>>383719065
No, you stupid retard. You don't need to go to the fucking worst. Besides, coal energy isn't that efficient as more modern methods.

If you want to talk efficiency and clean, you have to go nuclear, period. It's the most damaging when shit goes wrong, yes, but that's why you build the plants on strategical safe places. The only times nuclear plants fucked up were because of human failure, never because of nuclear technology itself.

Plus, if you want to go full clean, what you should be looking at should be more efficient methods. Solar and wind are memes that will never scale properly. Geothermal and hydro is the way to go and where the big bucks should be invested. Of course, that doesn't get money out of retards buying solar panels, so no one cares.

Why am I discussing this shit on fucking /v/ of all places.
>>
>>383719538
First off sun power will exist for as long as humanity is alive, while we will have exhausted our available fossil fuels within centuries. Even if it is not profitable now there is absolutely no reason to invest into the technology to make it even better in the future.
Secondly solar energy is not exclusively photovoltaik panels. You can just put up a bunch of mirrors to focus sun rays to heat up water to generate generic turbines and create energy that way.
Thirdly, solar energy means independence from central energy production plants, which is why it's very good for very sparsely populated areas or places with bad and inconsistent infrastructure
The biggest problem we have with solar energy is that it's just not feasible to store for the night. But noone wants to be exclusively dependant on solar energy anyway, it's more about replacing what's replaceable and having variety with renewable energy.

The energy the sun puts out is absolutely not a meme, we just need to get fucking gudder at using it.

>The only times nuclear plants fucked up were because of human failure, never because of nuclear technology itself.
While I completely agree with this, humanity will never be completely without failure so the optimal nuclear plant will never happen anyway. You might say just let robots control them but robots and power plants will still be built by retarded people who cheapskate on materials or other stuff. Plus, storage of waste is possibly unsafe and Uranium is also still a depletable resource, so eh.
>>
>>383719538

Boy oh boy, we got an expert on /v/.

Go get laid, nobody cares about your stupid, meaningless opinion.
>>
File: 1360050044316.gif (655KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1360050044316.gif
655KB, 300x168px
>>383717742
>global warming
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.