[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anybody rec an RPG in which you aren't necessarily the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: dragon.jpg (140KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.jpg
140KB, 736x1104px
Can anybody rec an RPG in which you aren't necessarily the "chosen one" (even though maybe you do save the world in the endgame, doesn't matter), but you rather go around questing, killing monsters, etc. in a kind of traditional fantasy mold?

It doesn't literally have to be traditional fantasy with dragons and elves, it could be a JRPG, but the idea is just that you are an adventurer of sorts that is taking on various quests and exploring a world rather than defeating the ancient evil that only you can defeat because prophecy said so etc.
>>
>>383713985
You could look into Arcanum. The game starts with some delusional cultist thinking your the second coming of Christ but you can tell him to piss off. Old shitty game with a rushed ending but you might have some fun like I did.
>>
>>383714432

I was thinking about nabbing it on GoG, it's 80% off.

I'm playing BG2 right now, never having played BG1, and I think I am immediately being told that I'm the chosen one. I'm trying to do a Berserker character with the personality of Guts, so I keep telling everyone to piss off. I'll keep playing, but that is kind of what caused me to be like "damnit, I just want to be an anonymous jackass adventuring".
>>
File: 1499887137360.png (595KB, 785x544px) Image search: [Google]
1499887137360.png
595KB, 785x544px
>>383714707
I really did like Arcanum. You pretty much are some random asshat who does stuff until the last stretch of story shit. Apparently has to do with their deadline being put 6 months earlier. Virgil is a cool character and also the idiot cultist. If I remember right he's entirely wrong on you being a chosen guy. Fighting enemies isn't fun so don't expect that because its either piss easy or stupid difficult. Story and dialogue really makes up for it as most combat is avoided. I would get it.
>>
>>383713985
dwarf fortress adventure mode
it's a big living world where everything is interacting with each other and the combat system is good
>>
File: 41149_front.jpg (60KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
41149_front.jpg
60KB, 500x710px
>>383713985
If you're OK with JRPGs look into the SaGa series.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.