[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Switch is fast becoming our favorite console for 60 frames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: DF.jpg (39KB, 960x244px) Image search: [Google]
DF.jpg
39KB, 960x244px
>The Switch is fast becoming our favorite console for 60 frames per second gaming.
>These ports are looking awesome, so bring them on. More of them.
>We were wrong. We thought that Wii U ports would diminish the Switch offering, but the reverse is actually true.

Have we been betrayed Sonybros? Why are they so impressed with Switch when PS4 Pro exists?
>>
PC + Switch

No more 4k shitty gimped computers and worse versions of fps and shooters with worse controls
>>
>>383711521
https://youtu.be/EBh2La1jdag

Video, so you know I'm not bullshiting.
>>
Because they aren't wrong when they say ports are more exciting on the platform since it now allows them to play it on the go.
PS4 Pro isn't really a device focusing on 60fps anyway, its more focused on 1440p-1800p.
>>
>>383711918
This, they're kinda the framerate police, so even if Nintendo is providing less resolution, since the frame rate is targeting the 60fps mark, they love it.
And they're justified in doing so, a 60 fps game just feels better to play
>>
Switch
>Downgraded graphics at the expense of being portable
>Actual games and not agenda shit or interactive movie shit
>Actually focus on gameplay and 60fps

PS4 Pro
>Focus on resolution
>Not on gameplay
>Games are still grim dark interactive movie shit

That and the fact that digital foundry is run by 3 autistic faggots, they're always gonna pick 60fps.
>>
PCtards absolutely BTFO by the superior specs and optimization of the Switch. Can't make this shit up.
>>
>>383711521
nobody owned a wii u so these wii u ports are brand new to them
>>
>>383711521
Digital Foundry are about performance.

They're gonna be more impressed by an underpowered, well-optimized console rather than a more powerful console that pushes through with brute force rather than optimization.
>>
>>383712095

This

Have my pro and switch hooked to my 4K TV and most PS4 games run at 30fps and I can feel the delay in the controls even with the low latency setting on my TV. 60fps games though feel as tight and responsive as a PC game.
>>
>>383712095
its a case by case though. zelda and xeno 2 aren't gonna be running at 60 because they don't need it. while more action and fast paced games are gonna be 60
>>
>>383711521
>he thinks digital foundry isnt pure fucking cancer under guise of technical aptitude
>literally just halfassed eyeing of texture quality then frame rate counter
>>
>>383712402

That all depends on your TV though. If you don't get one with low input delay, it will feel like shit regardless.
>>
>>383712479
Who cares when you can cherry pick their 'analysis' videos for your $system crusades?
>>
>>383712419
Zelda I'd argue you'd definitely want 60 fps

Xeno 2 is another story, it's an rpg, During tense battle moments you're pretty much focusing on the skills anyhow (at least I was in XCX)
>>
>>383712419
I'd argue that Zelda would benefit from 60fps. Although considering no 3D game in the series runs at 60, I don't really mind BotW running at 30. Although I agree that Xenoblade 2 doesn't need to run at 60 because of the menu based combat. I'm really glad that Nintendo seems to be sticking with 60fps as standard, and I hope they along with other Switch developers continue with that.
>>
>>383712479
DF is pure kino. Literally the best /v/ youtube channel.
>>
>>383712586

It's got 'game' mode, it drops input delay to 35ms from like 90ms. Not great but it's something, I only really wanted it for movies.
>>
>>383711521

>switch
>60 fps

Pick one.
>>
>>383713013
>he doesn't know.
>>
>>383711646
fpbp
>>
>>383712191
>tfw we could have 1080p/120fps instead of this garbage 4K/60fps
Curse the display industry and their fixed pixel dogshit displays. Bring back analog.
>>
Not long ago they were called Sonyshills here.
>>
>>383713013
>80% of the Switch Library is 60 FPS
Anon... I...

>>383713740
arn't displays that refresh much faster more expensive than more pixels?
>>
>>383712191
They've been humping the Pro since it released, it's only now that support is dropping for it that they're downplaying it a little.

One of their quotes on the Pro gets me every time
> It's disappointing to see the game fail to hit native 4K on the Pro and it feels like the devs just didn't take advantage of the system

And it's like...they're totally unaware of why devs wouldn't bother with the Pro. The install base is tiny and it's a lot of work. But they're blind to that
>>
>>383711521
yea that sub-30 FPS BotW sure is silky smooth. This reminds me of when developer after developer boasted about the Wii U and how excellent and innovative it was, then they all abandoned the console.
>>
Digital foundry is shit and always been.
>>
>>383712265
Consolekids make me laugh
>>
>>383714165
>arn't displays that refresh much faster more expensive than more pixels?
Not really that's just what the display industry wants you to think so they can jew you.

When it comes to analog tech though as long as it's within the scanrate it's doable in theory(for example you could do 240p/480i@120hz within a 31khz scanrate)
>>
>>383714328
>This reminds me of when developer after developer boasted about the Wii U and how excellent and innovative it was
You mean Kamiya?
Because that was about it.
>>
File: IMG_1330.jpg (27KB, 317x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1330.jpg
27KB, 317x400px
>>383713013

t.pic related
>>
>>383714328
>>>383711521 (OP)
>yea that sub-30 FPS BotW sure is silky smooth. This reminds me of when developer after developer boasted about the Wii U and how excellent and innovative it was, then they all abandoned the console.

To be fair if the Zelda director wasn't trying to always make Zelda 30fps for his own personal reasons. They could get it running at 60fps. Botw a port and quick one to. The 3ds is extremely weaker than the switch and practically ancient hardware and they got A link between world's to run at 60 fps with 3d at all times.

The only one to blame is the developers really the pro/Xbone could easily have 60fps but they choose to go with shit like 4k with their shit Jaguar cpu. Same thing with the new Xbox one X Microsoft gave the GPU so much bandwidth and great direct x 12 development tools but developers are just lazy.
>>
>>383713013
You're a mustard aren't you?
There's more ways to get 60 than to give more $$$ to NVIDIA.
Optimization and crafting your content for speed/performance instead of shiny graphics is a way too.
>>
>>383716195

Tegra FP16 compute when? BOTW would be 1080 60fps if they could figure it out.
>>
>>383716050
>They could get it running at 60fps
sure, like WWHD on piipuu?
nintendo never again, wiiU was supposed have a library of 60fps 1080p games, instead i found out they were mostly 720p 30fps when i bought into the scam
plus the aliasing is horrid on any title
>>
File: 1475251016842.png (3MB, 1600x904px) Image search: [Google]
1475251016842.png
3MB, 1600x904px
silky smooth 60fps according to nitendo
>>
>>383717579

New patch fixed it. It's locked 60 in single player. Multiplayer has a couple of dips.
>>
>>383717171
>>>383716050 (You)
>>They could get it running at 60fps
>sure, like WWHD on piipuu?
>nintendo never again, wiiU was supposed have a library of 60fps 1080p games, instead i found out they were mostly 720p 30fps when i bought into the scam
>plus the aliasing is horrid on any title

If they wanted you know all these developers choice if they choose to 60fps or higher graphics. Right now what's in on consoles is higher graphics 4k /cinematic meme. So this is what most developers go with.

Same thing I said earlier with Microsoft and Sony they could easily do 1080p 60fps but they choose to go with 4k meme even though they can hardly run it and fps drop dramatically.

Also Nintendo hates AA don't know why either they refuse to use it. I play monitors so I see this all the time.

>>383717579
That's not made by Nintendo that's made by Konami being lazy as fuck using unity.Which run like shit on every console except PC. Not even defending them but indie devs are more reliable than Konami is now.
>>
The Switch has at least a 4-frame input delay on everything. Even the touch screen.
>>
>>383711521
Digital foundry are cocksuckers and will say any old bullshit to hype a turd to thirsty nintendiedonuts
>>
>>383718374
>nintendiedonuts
>shitch

We need better mocking names.
>>
>>383718041
You got it backwards 60 in Multiplayer, dips in singleplayer
>>
>Own a 4K TV
>Has an upscaling mode that takes any input and upscales to 4K
>High pixel density too

I don't notice any of this aliasing on the Switch. I also played BOTW in 3D
>>
The PS4 Pro can't even do 60fps for PS2 remasters. [FFXII]
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.