[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a more unforgiving RPG than this bullshit game. I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: og_og_1450851418268815080.jpg (122KB, 1200x560px) Image search: [Google]
og_og_1450851418268815080.jpg
122KB, 1200x560px
Name a more unforgiving RPG than this bullshit game.

I'll fucking wait.
>>
>>383706316
>I don't know how to chain groups together to lvl up stats rather than level
>mommy i got curb stomped by The Gates of Hell
>>
I bought this on the summer sale. Can anyone give me any tips before I start?
>>
>Unlimited SaGa
>The earlier Wizardry games
>The Age of Decadence
>Darkest dungeon
>Pretty much every classic roguelike
>Kings Field
I can probably think of more. RPG's have more than their fair share of bullshit
>>
>>383706934
>Darkest dungeon
>unforgiving
You literally can't lose on default difficulty.
>>
File: 1489536968924.gif (3MB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
1489536968924.gif
3MB, 580x326px
>>383706695
This is a minmaxing game. You can try to go through it without minmaxing, but your trip will be shitty.

The basics:

>Round up as many enemies as physically possible before going into a fight- the more you kill, the better you get. Levels are not a good thing, and stats improve based on how much difficulty you're overcoming in battles.

>Don't kill enemies unless you have a reason to. If you don't need what they drop, or there's only one or two of them chasing you, it's not worth it. This game punishes mindless grinding.

>You have the option to make people freelancers, which lets them focus on both melee and magic. It sucks, don't do it. When you have unions later on, you need to be very strict about what they do. An important (and personal) takeaway i've found is to not put people with only healing magic into your mage union.

>Do absolutely every quest you can, and check every tavern in every city multiple times. There are many optional cities as well, you'll have to use the wiki to figure out how and when you can get to them. Make damn sure there's nothing left to do before you go into the Aqueducts, because after that they're gone.

>Unique leader characters can sometimes be found in the towns you hired them in. Find them and talk to them until something happens. Keep going and you'll unlock a stat boost for them, which is nice.

>Never seize items from your party unless you will never use that particular party member ever again. Items your party seizes from you go directly to upgrading their gear.

>Butchering captured monsters gives the materials to every party member and yourself. So if gutting a pig would provide 3x pig meat, 3x pig meat goes into your inventory AND each individual member's inventory towards upgrading their weapons.

>Selling captured monsters gives you more than money. Doing so gives you an invisible currency, "commerce points", that helps you unlock new stock from vendors.

>Turn autosave on immediately.
>>
>>383706695
Havent played it but everyone says grinding is bad for you
>>
>>383708082
stop with this meme please,its only bad on non-updated xbox360 version
>>
>>383706316
I haven't played it but I thought the idea behind SaGa games was to go in blind and learn as you explore, what's so different about this one?
>>
Never had a problem with this game and its apparent "don't grind" problem. I even did the side quests.
>>
File: IMG_2418.jpg (775KB, 1000x1151px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2418.jpg
775KB, 1000x1151px
Not as difficult but this is pretty close in terms of being unforgiving.
>>
>>383708082
If you haven't played it than stop spouting shit you don't know?
>>
File: ROF_Guns.jpg (166KB, 796x1023px) Image search: [Google]
ROF_Guns.jpg
166KB, 796x1023px
>>383709580
And then you learn how broken the weapon customization is. The rest of the game is a cakewalk afterwards.
>>
>>383706316
Is it worth to play OP's game?
>>
>>383706316
Romancing SaGa 2, Unlimited: Saga, SaGa Scarlet Grace.
TLR is pretty forgiving as far as the series goes.
>>
>>383706316
>didn't know grinding would fuck me over
>Get to the bit with the different forts with the bosses in them
>all of them body the absolute shit out of me
>Figure I need to grind a bit so I can win
>after that I couldn't even clear the outside of the fort areas

And that's the tale of me never beating the game.
>>
>>383709307
>what's so different about this one?
Compared to the standard SaGa game it's linear and you have no agency on the world and story, it's also way more grindy since they introduced a few retarded things like needing magazines for drops and went back to spell and tech levelling like FFII.
For all the rest it's basically a SaGa game with an expanded commander mode from RS3 and multiple parties of characters fighting at the same times, most of the techs and spells are the usual ones from SaGa and there's quite a few references to the mainline lore, which is nice.

When it was in development it was supposed to have a story like Frontier 2, a dual protagonist system where you could follow two MCs and see the same world from two radically different points of view, in this case Rush' and The Conqueror's, unfortunately they scrapped the idea during development so you can only play as Rush.
It's a fine game, but one of the weakest SaGa games imho.
>>
>>383706316
7th Saga
>>
>>383713782
7th saga is just a lot of grinding desu
>>
File: MUGEN.jpg (3KB, 119x119px) Image search: [Google]
MUGEN.jpg
3KB, 119x119px
literally any Wizardry game is harder and more intuitive

fuck off you dumb jrpg babbies
>>
>>383714772
When you have to fight the other main characters they scale with your level. If you get a bad matchup and you're too high a level then it can be literally impossible to win unless you get unrealistically lucky with RNG.
>>
>>383709307
That's the problem with SaGa/Kawazu shit, once you Google how they work they become piss easy. There is no good design or difficulty to be found, it's just obtuse.
>>
>>383708069

oi, have you played it on PC? i heard your first two points were fixed for the PC release

http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_Xbox_360_and_PC_versions
>>
>>383714914
>literally any Wizardry game is harder and more intuitive
The only hard wizardry is IV, and that's because it's a puzzle game with story routes instead of a RPG.
>>383715515
Hi Kawazushitposter, it's been a while
>>
>>383706316
It's not unforgiving, it just doesn't hold your hand and tell you when you are being stupid (aside from deadlock breaks).

Really, you can still overlevel and it wont fuck you that hard, since there is still a cap on boss stats (though in some cases it's REALLY high. The issue then becomes some quests and optional stuff becomes either extremely difficult or impossible unless you are in new game+.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.