[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Downloading this and its sequel now to play. What are the very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: Dragon_Ball_Origins_Box_Front.jpg (645KB, 1542x1382px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Ball_Origins_Box_Front.jpg
645KB, 1542x1382px
Downloading this and its sequel now to play. What are the very best Dragon Ball related games? Any systems apply. Please help. What was that awesome snes RPG like one?
>>
>>383702962
I like Buu's Fury and Legacy of Goku 2. Tenkaichi 2 and 3 were THE games of my adolescence
>>
Xenoverse 2 is the only correct answer.
>>
>>383704014
This
>>
File: vegeta2.gif (794KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
vegeta2.gif
794KB, 500x426px
>>383704014
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSUswFiel9Q
>>
>>383702962
This game sucks unfortunately, don't know about the sequel. Try Attack of the Saiyans for an RPG on the DS.
>>
File: 1492175153036.jpg (72KB, 677x813px) Image search: [Google]
1492175153036.jpg
72KB, 677x813px
>>383702962
>Puar's reaction
every time
>>
Les boules du dragon
>>
>>383705491
Seconding Attack of the Saiyans. That is a seriously underrated rpg and DBZ game.
>>
>>383702962
Fuck, I remember that SNES one but can't recall the name. I remember that it had visual novel style talking scenes and then fights took place where you had to hold L and R to use your specials. There was a sequel for DBZ stuff but it didn't hook me as much.
>>
>>383705797
Just came here to ask about this one
>>
I'll play Origins 1 and 2 because I love OG Dragon Ball so much. Try them out at least. Then try Attack of the Siyans. Then Ill play Xenoverse 2 in September on my Switch. If anyone knwos of old gems Id love to hear
>>
Was Fusions any fun? Even for a quick play for fanservice?
>>
Hows Revenge of King Piccollo for Wii?
>>
>>383705685
This, advanced adventure on gba is really good.
>>
Any PSP/Vita DB games worth checking out?
>>
Arena Fighters
>Tenkaichi 2 for the best story
>Tenkaichi 3 for the most characters and stages
>Raging Blast for the best graphics
>Raging Blast 2 for the best gameplay
>Xenoverse 1 and 2 for character creation and original story
>Tenkaichi Tag Team for 4v4s with the BT style of gameplay

2D Fighters
>Burst Limit for the graphics, story and fast-paced gameplay
>Shin Budokai 1 and 2 for the best gameplay and original story
>Budokai 3 if you REALLY love beam struggles
>Super DBZ for GOAT soundtrack and a more traditional fighter

Other
>Legacy of Goku 2 and Buu's Fury (Legacy of Goku 1 is shit) for great Action RPGs
>Supersonic Warriors 1 for a nice 2D fighter with a lot of what-if stories for every character (SS2 is also good but not as good as the first one)
>Advanced Adventure for a great side-scrolling beat-em-up for the original DB
>Attack of the Saiyans for a great traditional turn-based RPG
>Fusions for just great fun in general
>>
>>383707332
Combat is repetitive and the controls are automatically ass by virtue of being on the Wii but the graphics are pretty to look at.
>>
>>383708756
Thanks a lot! What would you say are your top 5 must try?
>>
File: Dragon_Ball_Z_LSW.jpg (79KB, 640x657px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Ball_Z_LSW.jpg
79KB, 640x657px
>>383702962
I rarely see people talking about pic related in DBZ threads but I love it.
>>
>>383708649
Shin Budokai 1 and 2 are great. They're literally Burst Limit but with Buu saga characters and an original story (first one is a Fusion Reborn remake and the second one is a Buu saga in future Trunks' timeline)

Tenkaichi Tag Team is also fun if you prefer the Tenkaichi games.

Dragon Ball Evolution is surprisingly decent due to the fact that it copy-pasted Infinite World/Burst Limit/Shin Budokai's gameplay but replaced the skins with the Evolution characters. Story is somehow worse than the movie but you can get a bunch of laughs out of it and you can have fun with the game since the gameplay isn't bad.

No good DBZ games on the Vita.
>>
File: explain.png (23KB, 656x949px) Image search: [Google]
explain.png
23KB, 656x949px
>>383709016
What's great about it?
>>
How about snes to PS1/Saturn Era games?
>>
>>383708940
Legacy of Goku 2 or Buu's Fury (I love both 2 and Buu's Fury, but Buu's Fury is EXTREMELY easy since you can equip items that boost your stats, whilst LoG2 is actually a challenge that requires some grinding. Pick one, you'll end up playing the other anyway if you like it)
Shin Budokai 2 is the pinnacle of the Budokai-style of gameplay, it has a fairly large roster of characters despite being on the PSP, and the original story isn't too bad
Attack of the Saiyans is great and puts a lot of focus on the human characters, giving them game-exclusive character-arcs that the anime/manga didn't have. Has a weird difficulty curve and the translation can be a bit weird at times, though.
Xenoverse 2 for the character creation and the online if you're into that sort of thing. The original story is fanservicey but it's not too bad either
And Fusions is just great fun

If you're not too big on Xenoverse, then replace it with Advanced Adventure (which is the best DB-only game). Those would be my top five. Most of the best DB games are on handhelds and most people haven't played them, which is a real shame.
>>
>>383708756
>Xenoverse 1 and 2 for character creation and original story
I can't think of any reason to play the first game when the second one exists. The story in both games are the same shit and all other content was carried over.
>>
Damn Shin Budokais arent on PSN
>>
>>383709494
Thanks a lot. Just downloaded LOG2 and Buu's Fury, as well as Advanced Adventure. Those with Origins and Attack of the Saiyans Ill play on my 3ds. Ill wait for Xenoverse 2 to come to switch. Probably wont buy Fusions
>>
Advanced Adventure is best DB game.

>>383705842
Was about to talk about this. It is on the SNES, Gokuden 1 and 2.
1 was until King Piccolo's fight. Was pretty good, with a weird mechanic, but looked and soundtrack were great. Shit has manga covers in the menu as you go through the story
2 starts at 23rd tournament and ends at Freeza fight. This one has a bunch of what-if endings like Tenshinhan killing himself by mafuba Piccolo Jr. Or Gohan killing Piccolo because Piccolo killed Goku by accident when fighting Raditz and Gohan joins the saiyans while destroying earth. Shit has a bunch of whaf-ifs, bad thing is that you have to start the game all over
>>
>>383709293
PSX/Saturn just DBZ The Legends/Legend, the saturn version is sightly better. It's 3 vs 3 characters with DBZ canon story, except for the Raditz part and no humans playable except for Krillin. shit is pretty fun and chaotic
There is a Shin Butoden for the Saturn, some like it, but I never played.
But every of those psx/saturn games have memorable soundtracks, you should hear those. Even mediocre games like Ultimate Battle 22(that has a shiton of themes and remixs from previous Butoden games) and Final Bout

Snes at the very least Hyper Dimension and Butoden 2.
>>
Should I play any of the older ones or db games?I've only played advanced adventure and I have super butoden 2 on my 3ds.
>>
Origins 1 was really fun on the DS, but I'm not sure it'd be worth emulating.
>>
How did you get Super Budoten on your 3ds?
>>
>>383712284
I preordered extreme butoden
>>
>>383707252
I'm playing it right now and really enjoying it. Perfect for pick up gameplay or longer sessions. It's like marbles, final fantasy and pokemon all mashed together and everywhere you look there's memorable characters and story elements
>>
When am I supposed to watch Worlds Strongest, Tree of Might, and Lord Slug? Different viewing guides I'm looking at are saying different things. One guide says at the end of the Sayan saga, but the other says after the Freeza saga

I know most of the movies don't exactly have a set time they are supposed to take place, but what is the recommended time to watch these? Or at least, when would they make most since to watch?
>>
>>383712590
All movies are either barely or non canon. Watch them all after you finish Z
>>
>>383712590
Watch all of og db before world's strongest after the saiyan saga, and then tree of might. Wait until goku is recooperating on namek before watching slug.
Toriyama has stated that the movies are their own canon in a different timeline just like gt is now.
>>
>>383712590
None of them have any bearing on the plot of the actual series but watch those three before Namek if you want them to remain, er, topical, I guess.
>>
>>383712590
They don't fit it in with the series timeline.

World's Strongest is basically a retelling of the Goku vs Vegeta fight, but with Wheelo replacing Vegeta. Watch it after the Saiyan arc.

Tree of Might is around mid-Namek, but all the characters are alive and on Earth. Lord Slug is around mid-Namek too. Watch them after Freeza, I suppose.
>>
>>383712590
I've never seen Lord Slug, but World's Strongest and Tree of Might don't make sense after Frieza because Goku doesn't go Super Saiyan, and he doesn't return to Earth until the android stuff starts.
>>
>>383712590
When you reach Goku vs Freeza, you can watch all of those.
>>
>>383709016
Was fun as hell making decks with all the skill cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSuj51iKWPo
>>
>>383712590
None of the movies are canon. Watch them whenever you feel like it.
>>
>>383702962
I miss old Dragon ball, when Bulma and Chi Chi were sluts, Launch existed and the sense of adventure to find the 7 Dragon Balls. The series needs to go back to that.
>>
>>383715610
Super is a nice mix of serious fights, OG characters and silly shit
>>
>>383715610
>>383716254
It's hard to make a good adventure story when all the main characters can fly around the planet within minutes.
>>
>>383717317
I wish the show moved on to galactic Dragon Balls, after world travel comes galactic travel.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.