[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No one should be allowed to review a video game unless they have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: download.png (3KB, 151x151px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 151x151px
No one should be allowed to review a video game unless they have completely 100%'d it.
>>
>>383702507
This, it would be like reviewing a movie and you've only watched 1/4 of it and base your whole opinion on that.
>>
>The game gets good after the 18th hour

FUCKING. DROPPED.
>>
File: Chris Face.png (56KB, 170x180px) Image search: [Google]
Chris Face.png
56KB, 170x180px
>>383702507
>No one should be paid to review games as a career
Fixed it for you.
>>
>>383702507

>go to subway
>order a footlong meatball marinara sub
>sandwich artist makes it for you
>you take a bite
>hear a weird crunch and sandwich tastes disgusting
>spit it out
>there's a cockroach in it
>complain to the sandwich artist that the sandwich is awful and you want your money back
>sandwich artist says you can't complain until you eat the whole sandwich

That's how retarded you sound like right now
>>
>>383702507
I disagree. Reviewers should fully complete a game's main story if it has one, as well as a significant (>40%) of the side content. In the case of multiplayer, the reviewer should spend enough time trying every mode to fully understand each one, and time wise should spend the same amount of time it would take to complete the average single player game.

A full 100% is too much of a time commitment with many games, and doesn't make sense as a metric for multiplayer heavy titles.
>>
File: yarn.jpg (17KB, 410x307px) Image search: [Google]
yarn.jpg
17KB, 410x307px
>>383702507
How do you 100% a MMORPG?
>>
>you're not allowed to review BotW unless you've collected all 900 Koroks
>>
>>383703080
Hey man, that 900th Korok could really make or break the game for someone.
>>
>>383702969
Same as any other game. Do all the content.
>>
File: 1277902147849.jpg (104KB, 406x480px) Image search: [Google]
1277902147849.jpg
104KB, 406x480px
>>383702876
>Food analogy.
>>
>>383702507

as soon as a game releases or the embargo drops or whatever, all the review sites will try to shit out their review as fast as possible so they can get hits and shit for their site

it's basically a race, no gaming site is going to wait for their reviewer to 100% a game
>>
>>383702876

A cockroack on a sandwhich will ruin the sandwich but a little bit of bad, in a video game won't ruin the whole thing.

Don't compare video games to food, they aren't related at all.
>>
>>383702507
Lol no, if I play a game and feel it's so fucking bad that I can't even finish it I'm not going to waste my time on finishing it and will give it a bad score.
>>
>>383703169
>implying anyone is gonna read a review of a game several months after its release
>especially in a genre where games often receive consistent changes to their content
>>
>>383702876
Thats a shitty analogy
>>
If you are paid to play something finish it. No excuse.

Nobody should publish the non review and for damn sure it shouldnt be counted in places like metacritic.
>>
>>383702507
Like from start to finish or every little tedious activity?
>>
>>383702507
IGN's God Hand "review" is probably the worst of all time.
>>
>>383703397
If the game includes tedious activities,it should b a factor in reviewing the game. It's part of the game, so it should be part of the review.
>>
File: 619.png (111KB, 1004x495px) Image search: [Google]
619.png
111KB, 1004x495px
>the current state of video game reviewing
>>
>>383703394
>No excuse
Except that you have deadlines and other potentially better games to play and have to prioritize.
>>
>>383703742
Do you think that Kallie Plagge 100%'d PKMN Alpha Sapphire based on this review?
>>
>>383703658
I think if they attempt most of the tedious activities they're fine. As much as I dislike video game "journalists," I wouldn't force them to 100% shit like Ass Creed or other Ubisoft open world collectathon crap.
>>
>>383703887
>Too much water
Probably didn't even get on the first ship
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.