[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /v/, i have a question. If i get my computer repaired, is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: my specs.png (24KB, 813x549px) Image search: [Google]
my specs.png
24KB, 813x549px
hey /v/, i have a question. If i get my computer repaired, is it possible that it would make my computer shittier?
I'll elaborate.
So around October 2016 i got a laptop. it was pretty decent, and when i launched skyrim it set its settings at ultra high or whatever the highest is, an it ran Overwatch at around 65 fps. but one day my computer was being a bitch and being super fuckin slow so i took it to the place i purchased it from because they also do repairs. So they had it for a week and they said it was a faulty harddrive, and luckily it was covered under my warranty so it was repaired for free. but as soon as i got it back the keyboard stopped lighting up. i was kinda upset cuz its hard to see the keys, (darkish red on black) but i didnt feel like driving the 40 minutes out there and back so i just dealt with it. a little while later my friend bought me mafia III, which i played a lot of (almost 40 hours). I finished the game and then stopped playing it for a while. Then at the summer sale i bought a weeaboo dating game called Hunie Pop, as a joke with my friends. I tried to download it, and my computer crashed, and it wouldnt turn back on. and i was about to go on vacation so i dropped it off at the same place, and went on vacation. When i got back i picked up my laptop and went home. i plugged it in and started downloading everything again. I got all the basic necessities(chrome, steam, battlenet, discord, league) and started downloading all my games. Overwatch finished first and then some of my friends got on, so i played overwatch with them. My overwatch got max 40 fps and crashed several times. i was kind of concerned and frustrated. They all got off and i decided to play some skyrim. I launched it and it auto set my quality to high quality. which i thought was odd because when i first launched it it was ultra high quality. but what really set me off, was a Mafia III. I wanted to play it so bad and it took a whole day to download, (its over 40 gb).
>>
>>383702051
and it wouldnt even launch at the lowest settings
>>
>>383702051
shameless self bump
>>
christ /v/ is not the place to ask

your laptop is probably defaulting to your integrated gpu. if it's got an nvidia card, force it to default to the nvidia one in global settings

google it im not spoonfeeding you
>>
>>383703595
its not exactly something you can just google.
>>
File: angry.jpg (31KB, 214x213px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
31KB, 214x213px
>>383703686
no it literally is you fucking braindead retard

google how to force your gpu to be used instead of integrated graphics there are pages of results

holy FUCK you are not old enough to be on this website
>>
>>383703686
Listen to
>>383703836
>>
>>383703836
i thought you meant my problem
>>
>>>/g/
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1494586815040.png (404KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494586815040.png
404KB, 853x480px
>>383702051
Check your PMs, I will send instructions.
>>
>>383702051
>Laptop
>Gaming
When they replaced the harddrive, everything was changed. You will have to customize your settings and update your GPU drivers.
>>
after reading through that entire post and your subsequent ones OP, I really, really hope you're underage, because if you're not and you're still this naive and stupid then I've just lost a little bit of hope in humanity
>>
>>383704365
what do you mean?
>>
>>383703836
also that didnt work so
>>
Deleting the System32 folder should do the trick.
>>
>>383705136
good idea thanks
>>
>>383705219
If you're still having trouble after that, it's probably a magnetic problem. Pick up a rare earth magnet and await further instructions.
>>
>>383702051
Computers aren't for retards, i should know since my sister has one and she won't stop bothering me with fixing her "problems", so i pretend to do shit with it (i do nothing) and voila mission accomplished until next time.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.