[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am considering buying this game. Convince me why I should or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: odinsphere.jpg (54KB, 342x428px) Image search: [Google]
odinsphere.jpg
54KB, 342x428px
I am considering buying this game. Convince me why I should or should not do it.

I thought Muramasa was pretty boring - the combat wasn't interesting and the backtracking was unbearable.
>>
It's a fun 2D brawler, although if you didnt enjoy Muramasa i doubt this will catch your attention, maybe you should see some gameplay videos of it first
>>
I don't know who you are and couldn't give less of a fuck what you waste your money on. If you want attention lavished on you like this, you know where Reddit is.
>>
>>383700102
The new game mode is similar to Muramasa.
>>
>>383700319
>The new game mode is similar to Muramasa.
In what way?
>>
>>383700102
If you've ever played a Vanillaware game, then you've played them all. Cool concepts that become boring after the 500th time.
>>
>>383700102
>the combat wasn't interesting and the backtracking was unbearable
then you'll find this game to be just as bad.
both of these games can only be properly enjoyed if you stay for the story, art and soundtrack, not the gameplay. it's just basic button mashing.
>>383700432
long explorable maps with platforming instead of straight plain circular rooms
>>
It's probably the only Vanillaware game I like past its graphics, despite it having many of the same problems as Murasmasa. There's not much backtracking since the game is level based, but they all still kinda blend into each other layout-wise. There's five fairly distinct playable characters but they all mostly share the same pool of enemies and bosses so things start feeling like a repetitive grind pretty quickly. The story isn't the greatest but it's at least well-told and somehat compelling, unlike Muramasa where one of the two playable characters doesn't even really have a story. Combat is similar to Muramasa but there's a lot more options to play around with, though the games very easy even on hard mode so playing around is mostly self imposed.
>>
>>383700595
>unlike Muramasa where one of the two playable characters doesn't even really have a story.
Momohime's story is fine the way it is, you play as a girl who doesn't have much to tell about her own life but there's a whole plot behind the samurai who possessed her.
it's an easy way to make a female playable character without wasting time with boring princess-turned-badass cliche
>>
Odin's Sphere is good, but extremely repetitive

Dragon's Crown is superior in every respect.
>>
>>383700102
I liked it but it has that 'you have to play again to get the true ending' bullshit I hate.
>>
>>383701084
Dragon's Crown is even more repetitive thanks to Diablo loot and several difficulty levels
>>
>>383700102
>I thought Muramasa was pretty boring

Then you won't like it
>>
>>383700102
Emulate the PS2 original and see if you like it
>>
>>383700102
It's the same deal.
Combat is a little more exciting than Muramasa with many special moves, but it's still fundamentally the same. It aggressively recycles content and gets boring fast.
>>
>>383700279
no one cares you don't care
>>
>>383700102
I don't recommend it to you due to your shit taste
>>
>>383700102
Odin Sphere's pretty fun at first, but I quit after Qwen's story. You're forced to play the characters stories in order and they often reuse bosses and areas between the stories.
>>
if you did not like Muramasa then you'll most likely won't like this one either.
>>
>>383701298
The PS4 release is practically a remake that also has the original game available on the disc.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.