[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>has actually never lost a case >whoops phoenix's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 262
Thread images: 41

File: images.jpg (13KB, 404x242px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 404x242px
>has actually never lost a case
>whoops phoenix's ass in the civil case
>arguments are well founded and doesnt rely much on miracle saves like his boss, who actually still fumbles and acts like a rookie
>has an actual ability thats available in trials unlock shit locks
>finally gets a game where he can shine and he's already better than his bluffmaster mentor
>will probably have to sit out aa7 due to soj's ending

DAMMIT
>>
>>383690278
Apollo is literally the most popular male character in Japan. He WILL return to ruin Athena's game just like how Phoenix returned to ruin Apollo's game.
>>
>>383690278
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>383690278
>people like Apollo """"chords of steel"""""" beta faggotry and not Phoenix-Senpai
>thinking Phoenix's fumbling into a solution is not his ultimate technique

Guess that's what you get when anime fags start playing your favorite game series.

>Athena & Widget

I bet you fags like this shit too.
>>
>>383690278
>he doesn't know about the unwritten rule in AA where the case's current protagonist will always be smarter than every other character involved
How to spot a pleb
>>
>>383690508
>no counter arguments

As expected of phoenix fags.

I'll even give you another opinion that you cannot refute.

Apollo has the best objection theme in the game and every remix has only made it better.

Only a shitter with poor taste would disagree.
>>
>>383690278
Maybe because Apollo cases don't feature crazy solutions outside of 4-4 in first place or...
>4-3

>>383690781
Not that anon but
>refuting an opinion
Apollofags, everybody
>>
>>383690693
Phoenix keeps getting dumber though
He has too many dumb moments
>defense what the fuck are you smoking, your arguments contradicts this
>Oh I guess I forgot haha
>>
>>383690781
Your shit taste is astounding senpai. So this is the power of bad taste......

>>383690613
This is my rebuttal. And CORNERED is best theme. This is the objectively correct opinion
>>
Is it explained why Phoenix took the civil case or did he just want to troll Apollo
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>383690278
Hey guys, can I get some love too?
>>
>>383690980
Did you even play the fucking game you dumb motherfucker?
>>
>Hated Apollo when AJ came out
>Play trough DD
>Apollo is now my one of my favorite characters

I actually wouldn't even mind if he replaced Phoenix as the main character again now, desu.
>>
>>383691006
>Never getting localized

Still hurts.
>>
>>383691006
What Persona game is this?
>>
>>383691092

Why would you hate Apollo in AJ? he does nothing to earn such a reaction
>>
>>383690613
>fumbling into a solution

Need i remind you how many times in the original trilogy in phoenix's rookie years where he has had to pray for ghosts and literal miracle from out of fucking nowhere to save his sorry ass?

This is exactly what happened in aa4 when he expected evidence from a child from out of nowhere to be used as crucial information in court and it finally came back to bite him.

Literally stupid.
>>
>>383690278
What people seem to forget about the Civil Case is that Apollo only won because he had the truth on his side and Nick had very little to work with. If the roles were reversed you bet your ass Nick would have beaten Apollo because the truth would be on his side.
>>
>>383691175
Everybody fucks up sometimes, desu. It's what makes Phoenix a hero. He paid for his mistake and came back. What character defining events have happened to Apollo other than him being an insecure beta that lets his allies win cases for him?
>>
>>383690918
>liking anything over a new chapter of trials

The first time i heard it i knew it was the one. Pure objection kino.
>>
Apollo and Athena are much better than Phoenix and Maya, last game literally confirmed this, specially with Maya, god what a shitty character.
>>
>>383691154
>he does nothing
>>
Why can't Phoenix use the magatama on trials? I mean, I know they haven't used the mechanic, but is there anything stopping them from doing so?
>>
>>383691402
How can one anon be so painfully incorrect?
>>
>>383691154
I think it was a combination of a couple of factors, not all of them the fault of the character himself. The way Capcom handled the transition, the actual writing of the cases, etc.

The only reason I disliked him specifically we because he felt like a boring protagonist that didn't do enough to stand out from Phoenix, making his character feel a bit redundant.

Eventually I warmed up to him though, obviously.
>>
I dont understand why they keep making phoenix act so dumb at times.

Its like its ingrained into him to act shocked and say stupid shit every moment he gets a little pushed back. I know its there to put tension on the player but tone it the fuck down.

Phoenix is supposed to be a veteran of his profession, not some sweating monkey behind a desk.
>>
>>383690613
>Phoenixfags seething
KEK
>>
>>383690613
>liking Apollo means I don't like Nick
>liking Apollo means I like Athena
>>
>>383691567
Playing through DD right now, I still feel this way about Apollo. He's simply unnecessary. Slightly Younger Red Phoenix.

>>383691610
Not seething Hombre, just saying. Apollo and Athena are redundant anime characters. If I wanted that I'd play Persona. I miss Maya.
>>
I fucking loved turnabout revolution but im pretty sure there's a big plothole somewhere between all those bodyswaps that happened.

Can someone explain step by step how it all wnent down?

If garan couldnt channel shit, and had the queen do it for her, then she couldnt have channeled inga for rayfa to see him walk to tomb.

Or something. My head hurts.
>>
anyone here remember anon attorney?

c-come back pls ;_;
>>
>>383691773

By the end of DD, I felt there were enough differences between their personalities to justify his existence.

I also think his relationship with Athena really helped, I enjoyed their back and forth a lot.
>>
>>383691935
Neat, hope I'll be proved wrong by the end.
>>
>>383691827
>If garan couldnt channel shit, and had the queen do it for her, then she couldnt have channeled inga for rayfa to see him walk to tomb.

The queen was the one who channeled Inga. Garan never channeled anyone.
>>
>>383691006
>not localized

I dont even have the slightest idea what his personality is like.
>>
>>383692067
I thought at the time that rayfa saw inga being channeled by someone, walking to the tomb, the "queen" was busy channeling some foreign guy in the palace. The one that the kid took a picture of.

Or do they happen at different times?
>>
File: Maya_2k14_vgcw.png (229KB, 332x331px) Image search: [Google]
Maya_2k14_vgcw.png
229KB, 332x331px
>>383691608
I think the series had a lot of growing pains outside the original trilogy. You see it a lot in any franchise that takes off beyond the original creator's first imagined scope. Ideas that were meaningful story beats become tropes fans demand.

Ace Attorney is so calcified in formula I don't think it will be able to match that original trilogy ever again.

>>383690781
Mia kicks everyone's ass, you pleb.
>>
>>383691129
If I spoke Japanese I'd set up a paypal to do a fan translation and shake all you nerds down.

I don't speak Japanese, but I would throw money at this idea
>>
>>383690613
>Implying Athena isn't a Lesbian
>>
>still no new AAI game announced

That what happens when you make the perfect game too early.
>>
>>383691547
Maya is such an overrated piece of shit
>>
>>383692067
Garan can't channel pleb
>>
Apollo is just a glorified animu tsundere
>>
>>383693734
Rude and unnecessary. Your vitriol is a clear sign that your taste is lesser than a true patrician.

>>383693470
What? What does that have to do with what I said.

Regardless, her widget thing is REALLY cringey.
>>
>>383691850
I miss him too desu. Wonder how his wrist is doing
>>
>>383692109
Younger, more polite Phoenix basically. Kind of nervous all around the game and gets stepped on a lot. During investigations, however, he's much more like Nick
>>
>>383694269
Don't really get this since he has a sword which = generally badassery. I thought he'd be a less edgy blackquill
>>
>>383694465
Nah bro, you new to Jap-shit? Sword in that era just meant he was a stand-up dude.

>>383694269
Tell me more of this Phoenix.
>>
>>383692295
Yes, happened at different times.

>Inga kills Dhurke
>Inga put Dhurke's body in the sarcophagus

Sometime later

>Ga'ran entered the tomb in her own clothes
>She then put on Dhurke's clothes from the sarcophagus and hid somewhere
>Inga enters the tomb
>Garan then kills Inga (his final moments shown in the water mirror)
>Garan put Dhurke's bloodied clothes back on Dhurke's corpse
>Garan left the tomb in her normal outfit (Rayfa saw this)
>During this time, Amara was performing the channeling in the photo.

Some time later

>Amara, ordered by Garan, then entered Inga residence and channeled him
>Amara who was possessed by Inga then ran to the tomb (Rayfa saw this)
>Amara then released Inga's soul
>Amara burnt Inga's clothes and waited for Dhurke
>Amara released Dhurke's spirit from Maya using the red magatama.
>She then put on Dhurke's outfit on herself and Maya's acolyte clothes on unconscious Maya
>She waited the guard invasion and channeled Dhurke right on time for him to be arrested

Man, AA cases got really convoluted as the games go on. I really miss the simplicity of 1-4 where the case just comes together naturally and doesn't feel forced. 1-4 was just perfect.
>>
>>383693905
That's what I said dude

>Garan never channeled anyone

The queen I was referring to is obviously Amara
>>
>>383690613
You take that back about Athena you imbecile.
>>
>>383693296
>>383691129
There is a fantranslation already ongoing.
But the lead dev is a SJW german with ego issues and they still haven't even finalized Case 1 despite working on it for like 2 years now.
>>
I haven't played AA beyond the first game, but I really like Apollo's design.
>>
>>383694897
Might as well not be being worked on then. I thought I heard about a fan translation being C&D'd, but maybe I'm wrong. Here's hoping Capcom brings it over
>>
>>383695187
Nah, a YouTube subbed playthrough got nuked, not the same as the fantranslation.
Also said fantranslation is actually using text from that YouTube playthrough, which is even more baffling they still have more or less fuck all done other than most of Case 1 and half of Case 2 after 2 fucking years.
>>
>game is called Apollo Justice
>apollo is shit

>game is called Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
>apollo is shit

>game is called Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice
>apollo goes beast mode

he needs both names in the title to perform
>>
>>383695335
Their names literally aren't even in the JP originals.
In JP the games are just called "Gyakuten Saiban <Number>" and that's it, no subtitles or extra shit.
Gyakuten Saiban stands for Turnabout Trial.
Blame Crapcom as usual.
>>
I like Athena
>>
>>383694749
Thanks.

The amount of contradictions, channeling, and everyone continously changing their stances on what happened really left me confused.
>>
How good is SoJ compared to DD?
>>
>>383696163
A massive improvement
>>
>>383696163
Better, substantially.
Still inferior to 1, 3 and Edgeworth games though.
>>
>>383696358
Do people not like DD? I'm doing playing it now. Not digging the emotion-reading thing.
>>
>>383696358
>inferior to AAI1
lel
>>
>>383696449
It's alright.
>>
>>383696449
It's average. Nothing that stands out from other games in the franchise.
>>
>>383696449
Cases and story are average.
Athena is a horrible addition nobody asked for and Capcom's way of making a soft-reboot for the series by introducing a newfag character that newfags to the series can identify with, as well as waifu pandering obviously.
Emotion reading is the worst gimmick yet so far.
YOU CAN'T FUCKING EXAMINE LOCATIONS ANYMORE, BIGGEST FUCKING INSULT
>>
was it simply my weakness for chubby men that made me like him?
>>
>>383696776
Don't forget, DD also ruined black psyche locks. The explanation made no sense and you know it.
>>
>>383697272

There was no explanation for them in AJ though, Phoenix was just like "Oh shit black locks wtf"

I think DD's explanation for them is fine.
>>
>>383691154
>he does nothing

Exactly
>>
>>383695781

>Gets another cross ex by talking about "balloons" with the Judge

Pretty funny
>>
File: T9pqPRNT.png (233KB, 365x365px) Image search: [Google]
T9pqPRNT.png
233KB, 365x365px
>>383696449
Is personally one of my favorite ones. Music is great, prosecutor is GOAT, cases are fun, Athena is waifu tier and witnesses are a lot less annoying this time around.

Liked it more tan SoJ.
>>
>>383694465
It's not his sword.
>>
>>383699093

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAZAV2tmeS8&t=89s

Best cross ex theme. Dat bass.
>>
>>383694465

Blackquill isn't edgy though
>>
>>383697272
>The explanation made no sense and you know it.
>black psyche locks guard a secret a person is keeping subconsciously

Maybe he was so deluded that he started believe he really didn't have a motive to kill Zak?
>>
>>383699502
Admitting it was because he was butt hurt for losing a client to Wright must be hard for his ego
>>
>>383697272
More like AJ fucked so massively that DD had to come and fix it's mistakes the best way it could.

One of the worst entries in the franchise for sure.
>>
>>383699449
wew lad
>>
File: CosneyMegundal.png (104KB, 192x481px) Image search: [Google]
CosneyMegundal.png
104KB, 192x481px
>Music and visuals are god tier
>Game is shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSg-arCwnGQ

What a shame. Only good thing about it was pic related and his case.
>>
>>383696163
A lot better, even ignoring everything else simply for the virtue and investigations aren't completely neutered
>>
File: unzips_katana.jpg (173KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
unzips_katana.jpg
173KB, 640x360px
>>383699449
>that color scheme
>hair over eyes
>"scarred" face
>*unzips katana* as a character gimmick

He is pretty edgy, but at least he has a reason for it.
>>
>>383695335
Apollo wasn't bad in DD. He was in a perfect middle ground. Not only he got a badass confrontation with Blackquill (and the only carácter who had the balls to call on his bullshit twice) but he also faced off against Phoenix and almost kills his case. Not to mention he survived a court room fall over him.
>>
>>383700174
5th case was all right, just the cliffhanger ending was kind of a dick move. 3 was great. Every other case was bad.
>>
>>383700481
>Grim appearance = edgy
Mmm....really fired up my neurons.
>>
File: 1484881580191.png (58KB, 293x371px) Image search: [Google]
1484881580191.png
58KB, 293x371px
>>383700174
tfw the only people that want this localized are the ones that haven't experienced how meh it was across the board.

honestly capcom saved money and low review scores by doing this.
>>
>>383700669
I hope DGS2 is a jump in quality like how AAI2 was for the first.

The music at the very least is very good, so there is that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y56ngUfMzUI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oOh9xglShc
>>
File: Mysterybros.png (135KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Mysterybros.png
135KB, 400x240px
>>383700174
The entire game is just so baffling.
It feels more like a "proof of concept" that's the length of a full game.

Also are we EVER going to find out what the fuck was going on with pic related?
>>
>>383699232
Respectfully disagree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXPuUse0P8c
>>
ITT Apollogists
>>
>>383701903
>I opened the thread and replied without reading
>>
>>383701675
It sure felt half-finished despite being fairly long. Very strange. Maybe if they didn't make that pointless and boring case 4 they could've done something with the plot.
>>
>>383702083
Did you?
>>
>>383701903
A P O L L O G I Z E
>>
>>383701675
The gold trailer for DGS2 they launched within the last week has the foppish guy flailing at the witness stand as well as that irritating twitchy author fuckwit again, sadly. My opinion of DGS is probably stronger than most people's, I only really disliked Case 4. So naturally many of the ones from that pile seem to be returning.
>>
>>383700972
>implying people are talking just about his appearance when they say he's edgy
Did you even play the games?
>>
>>383702454
to be fair, he comes off as more of a british weeaboo in the dub.

he's fairly more edgey in japan due to his personality being played more straight.
>>
>>383690278
>5'5
>>
anyone else feel like they need to end the series and start up a spiritual successor or something?

everyone's character arc is basically completed and i feel like it kinda makes the game boring and stale. i know there are a few standalone cases which are really good (i.e. 2-4), but those seem few and far between. i always felt like the majority of the best cases personally involved the main cast but there's not really much left to expand upon.
>>
>>383702848
Yeah, pretty much. They tried to do with DGS, although the results are debatable.
>>
what was it about the original trilogy that made it so good bros?
>>
>>383703035
Not being so over the top.
>>
>>383703035
written as a trilogy with the games releasing yearly?
>>
File: rosecolorglass1.jpg (85KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
rosecolorglass1.jpg
85KB, 500x375px
>>383703035
Being released more than a decade ago
>>
>>383690613
Phoenix acting like a rookie after years of practice is getting stale
>>
>>383703035
no capcom interveneing to change the protag at the last minute
>>
>>383702961
while i do agree with that we need something new, going the route that DGS went isn't what it was needed.

i'd suggest we should just play as new attorney's or prosecutors and have phoenix and edgeworth only as mentor roles.
>>
>>383702961
>although the results are debatable.
People think it's bad just because of japs having bad taste and people watching let's plays instead of actually playing it.
R-right?
>>
>>383703035

it had cases which involved the main characters and gave them development. all the best cases in the trilogy was stuff like Edgeworth not being an asshole any more, Phoenix's past with Dahlia and all that shit

there's nothing left to really go on and i just think case quality is going downhill a bit.

i played DD and SoJ and i thought the games were just 'okay'. all the cases weren't shit, but they were also all very middle of the ground. overall i think it makes the games really forgettable as a result
>>
File: 1498311676226.png (345KB, 625x423px) Image search: [Google]
1498311676226.png
345KB, 625x423px
Anyone else not really enjoy the AAI games as much as they would've liked because of the lack of courtroom scenes?

AAI2 was great, don't get me wrong, but I always thought playing as Edgeworth would be better if you could have some courtroom action. Going up against corrupt defense lawyers protecting criminals and stuff would be rad.
>>
>>383690497
>AA7
>literally Athena's game
>first case you lose to Payne only to get Phoenix to save you one in AA5
>Second case you don't even pay as Athena
>Third case you pay as Athena, struggle after the first cross examination point to have Simon bail you out for the rest of the case
>Fourth case is a short filler with Apollo as MC that leads into the 5th case where...
>Fifth case is Athena failing again where as Apollo bails her out

The end of the game is everyone praising Athena for being a good lawyer while accomplishing nothing on her own. Watch it happen
>>
>>383690278
Shitty Mary Sue.
>>
>>383704723
My guess is the first case will be a flashback regarding how Phoenix and Athena met while the fifth case will be her sussing out Apollo's and Trucy's connection to the murder victim, Lamiroir.
>>
>>383704723
>AA7
>Athena's game
One can only hope
>>
>>383700481
I'unno, the guy feels so hammy and gets shit on so much, it feels more like a joke than true edge.
>>
>>383706646
>AA5 copied AA1's plot and AA2's TWEEST
>AA6 copied PW vs Layton's plot
>now AA7 is going to copy AA3's Deuxnim plot

If Lamiroir really dies, I will riot. Yamazaki is a hack.
>>
>>383703035
I obviously can't speak for everyone, but the original trilogy first made sure to get me invested into characters before giving them lots of focus and backstory.

While the Apollo trilogy surely isn't bad, I just don't have that same attachment to characters. Trucey and Troupe Gramareye in AA4, Athena in AA5, Nahyuta in AA5 were all awful people to me and the game just kept yelling at me to care for them. Yes I'm still salty Apollo leaves the Wright & Co offices for Nahyuta, even though the guy has been a total monster to him, his family and co-workers for the entire game.
>>
File: 1482607590459.gif (67KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1482607590459.gif
67KB, 256x192px
>>383697182
>the Japanese text is different Japanese text in the English version
Why would they not leave that part the same?
>>
>>383703035
Good writing.
AJ could've also had it and be the start of a great new trilogy of games, if it wasn't for Capcom's meddling and some dumbass decisions.
DD and SoJ feel like fanfiction.
>>
>>383709674
What does it say in both versions? Because if it's the restaurants name they probably changed it to match the new English name, even if their audience wouldn't know the difference.
>>
File: ss (2017-07-12 at 02.17.07).png (17KB, 650x176px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-07-12 at 02.17.07).png
17KB, 650x176px
>>383709674
>>
File: 1496524272587.jpg (167KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496524272587.jpg
167KB, 800x800px
>>
>>383710487
Athena makes my dick ROCK HARD.
>>
>>383696449
it's too easy. i'm the kind of person that has trouble with these games and once in a while i'll look up the answer after a long time of thinking, and i often get game overs. In DD I never had to look anything up.
Plus you can't examine backgrounds, the models are ugly, they should have kept apollo's design that they gave him, and athena is bordering mary sue territory
Why do writers have such a hard time writing women?
>>
>>383710276
>Capcom localization
>>
>>383691006
You already get plenty of love in Japan
>>
>>383690278
>>will probably have to sit out aa7 due to soj's ending
They need to resolve the Thalassa shit unless they're saving that for AA8.
>>
>>383697272
The explanation made complete sense and arguably made Kristoph a more interesting villain.
>>
>>383711621
>implying that's a bad thing
They fucked up making this Japanfornia in the first place but it's great they're rolling with it.
>>
>>383694609
He's more genki and energetic I mean he's a fucking 19 years old kid.
>>
File: IMG_7079.jpg (78KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7079.jpg
78KB, 800x450px
Did he fuck Ema?
>>
File: 1474580870208.png (203KB, 543x383px) Image search: [Google]
1474580870208.png
203KB, 543x383px
>>
>>383690980
Maya got held hostage and he had to act as the attorney for the dude running for office
>>
>>383713057
>kidnapping maya again
should have just made it so that phoenix was genuinely defending his clients
>>
>>383690278

He was acting like a huge cunt in Dual Destinies though.
>>
File: AA tier list.png (1MB, 928x1473px) Image search: [Google]
AA tier list.png
1MB, 928x1473px
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>383713021
undoubtedly
>>
>>383713392
Swap Dual Destinies with T&T and this list would be perfect.
>>
>>383713392

Move Apollo Justice to good tier and make a mediocre tier just for Investigations 1 and this pic is perfect
>>
File: 1476589500202.png (31KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1476589500202.png
31KB, 150x150px
>>383713535
>>
>>383713021
Nahyuta was a 7/10 prosecutor. You cannot refute this.
>>
>>383713392
JfA is underrated and AAI2 is overrated.
Also, AJ>DD
>>
>>383713392
>Prove me wrong
JFA is above another AA game
>>
>>383713392
Make a demigod tier for SoJ and you pretty much have my opinion.
>>
>Edgeworth becomes main prosecutor

OR

>Trucy goes away and Maya comes back

Pick one.
>>
>>383713021
I hope so. Although I wouldn't mind if they keep the UST for a few games.

Also, Klavier was fucked by this game. He has no rival, no detective, no story arc. He lost everything.
>>
>>383713392
delete pw v aa. as a fan of both that game was a massive disappointment
>>
Daily reminder that AAI2 is the most overrated game in the series. It's mid tier.
>>
>>383703035
The second game was bad.
>>
>>383714039
You say that as if Trucy is Phoenix's partner
>>
>>383703143
ROFL
>>
>>383714039
Maya is the one who needs to go away. If anything, I'd love to have a game where Trucy is Phoenix assistant. And Edgeworth is great so, first option without a doubt
>>
>>383714305
No it wasn't. Stop listening to memes.
>>
File: 1474668827488.png (410KB, 718x818px) Image search: [Google]
1474668827488.png
410KB, 718x818px
>>383693734
Based Big Match Maya working ya into a shoot.
>>
>>383714039
I pick Gumshoe being the main detective instead of shitty Ema
>>
>>383713392
It feels weird to me to have SoJ and the original game in the same tier because I genuinelly believe SoJ had much more content, gameplay and story. The first game will always hold a special place to me but if I'm honest with myself, I have to say SoJ is a way better game.
>>
>>383713021
>>383713656
>expected him to be calm and respectful
>starts acting like a zealot and insulting the defense the moment he opens his mouth
He's pretty disappointing, to be honest.
>>
>>383714170
I hope AA7's DLC case involves both Nahyuta and Klavier in a case. And what's the UST?
>>
THE DARK AGE OF THE LAW
>>
>>383714678
Well, he's pretty calm and respectful to anyone but the defense. Just look at how he treats Ema and Rayfa.
>>
File: bad trucy.png (907KB, 849x478px) Image search: [Google]
bad trucy.png
907KB, 849x478px
>>383714039
Maya needs to stay away, so I pick Edgey
>>
>>383690278
Has dumb hair though.
Will never play his games.
>>
>>383714691
>And what's the UST?
Unresolved Sexual Tension
>>
>>383714846
So what did Trucy have exactly?
>>
File: Athena's_arse.png (169KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Athena's_arse.png
169KB, 400x240px
>>383710487
>>
>>383714846

Condoms I guess.
>>
>>383715034
a strapon, obviously, for her magic trick that makes women into lesbians
>>
>>383714678
did you seriously want a calm guy as a prosecutor? Even Edgeworth became a prick. There's no room for a respectful prosecutor in the AA saga. It would take away from the court scenes to not see the defense being treated like trash.
>>
>>383713656
I can. He was an 8/10
>>
>>383691525
The magatama isn't really that useful in trials. All the magatama really does is tell you that the person is hiding something. In court, you already KNOW the witness is hiding something. You have to go in with that assumption in mind.
>>
>>383691608
It doesn't really change the fact that most of his cases are uphill battles. Furthermore, in AA4, Nick already had all the answers after working on the case for seven straight years, so he had no reason to feel nervous. You have to remember that Nick is the king of bluffs. Whenever he acts cool and confident, what it really means is that he has no idea what's going on, but he's not gonna show it.
>>
>>383700174
tfw wasn't the final boss

Game would have been much improved if that were the case.
>>
>>383714451
>I'd love to have a game where Trucy is Phoenix assistant
>we could have had this in 5-DLC
>nope, more Athena

I don't even hate Athena, but it seemed like a wasted opportunity.

>>383715475
It would've been more interesting if he wasn't a complete prick from the moment you first see him.
>act all calm and monklike at first while the defense is the one losing their cool
>go full von Karma when it looks like he's losing

He seems so typical now.
>>
>>383713021
This smug asshole is supposed to be some hotshot ace prosecutor but he's only capable of winning against a literally nonexistent defense.
>>
>>383690278
>has an actual ability thats available in trials unlock shit locks
I know this is a bait thread but the fact that you had the audacity to defend Perceive got me. Here's your (you), faggot.
>>
File: rated_m.jpg (67KB, 608x362px) Image search: [Google]
rated_m.jpg
67KB, 608x362px
>>383714846
SoJ was pretty lewd at times.
>>
You think we'll get full voice acting for AA7? Surely they can go for it with the Switch. Imagine all of the new animations.
>>
>>383714451
>Maya is the one who needs to go away.
I mean Maya and Nick are literally Pearl and Trucy's parents.
>>
File: IMG_1179.gif (23KB, 162x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1179.gif
23KB, 162x200px
>>383690278

Let's not forget the anal rape that happened in monstrous turnabout

When both you and Apollo figured out the plot twist at the exact same time and then shoved it up Blackquil's ass that the guy was forced to say shitty nitpicks only to get Objectioned 5 Fucking times in the same argument
>>
>psyche locks
>perceive
>imprompty therapy

Why is any of this shit allowed in court and how come the prosecution never has access to anything like this?
>>
>>383700174
The characters were fucking great though, miles better than the ones introduced in AA7
>>
>>383718079
Psyche Locks aren't used in court.

Perceive is complete bullshit.

It was implied that Blackquill knew how to psychologically manage and pressure people in the cases but they didn't really go into it because he's a good person and competent prosecutor.

The vision pool was pretty much exclusively used by the prosecution in AA6 until you blew their entire system open.

Prosecution usually just uses good old fashioned intimidation and shaky shit like prepping witnesses. Edgeworth's logic is almost a superhuman ability though.
>>
File: apollo queen.jpg (144KB, 608x728px) Image search: [Google]
apollo queen.jpg
144KB, 608x728px
>>
>>383717652
That tanuki ruined the case
>>
>>383691154
I hated him because muh not Phoenix. I'd probably like the game more in retrospect though.
>>
>>383718079

>Psyche locks

Never used in court.

>Perceive

That's just Apollo focusing a lot. Most people just say something like "Wow Apollo you looked weird dude"

>Athena's thingie

I dunno honestly.

>How come prosecutors don't have access to anything like these?

They have enough advantage as it is. They can whip the defense and throw coffee cups at them for Christ's sake
>>
File: cards.jpg (107KB, 632x441px) Image search: [Google]
cards.jpg
107KB, 632x441px
>>383710276
Janet Hsu's blog is great.
>>
>>383718538
>I'd probably like the game more in retrospect though.
I didn't like AJ at the time and honestly I hate it more in retrospect.

4-1 is a great case when you go in blind but after the fact with context of the entire game you realize it's bullshit and nothing Nick or Zak does in the case makes sense.

6-2 is a case AJ DESPERATELY needed to understand the Gramaryes, and give development for Trucy and Apollo, but sadly there's nothing like that in AJ for them.

And the decision for Thalassa to not tell them is an incredible failing of AJ because there was literally no reason for her to not tell them and all it does is make people bitch about a plot point that doesn't really change anything other than maybe stopping them from fucking each other.
>>
>>383690278
>hyping up Apollo vs Phoenix as if it were some championship belt match
sorta missing the whole point of the trilogy and all it's focus on how both sides should be working together and adversarial shit not having any place in the courts surely
different country though so whatever I guess. Phoenix was a more fun prosecutor than Diego was atleast, Godot can't do anything right.
>>
File: AA Case Tiers BW.png (3MB, 1264x4576px) Image search: [Google]
AA Case Tiers BW.png
3MB, 1264x4576px
Hot opinions coming through
>>
File: 1483649557326.gif (759KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1483649557326.gif
759KB, 245x245px
>>383718079
> and how come the prosecution never has access to anything like this?
The defense attorney can prove their client innocent beyond all reasonable doubt but still end up with a Guilty Sentence if they can't pin the blame on someone else, seemingly. Shit's fucked up.

Prosecutors get
>fame
>fortune
>power

Defense Attorneys get
>bullshit situational gimmick powers
>cute little girl assistants
>>
>>383718924

This post reminds me of one part of AJ that really irked me.

When Klavier says something about how much he wanted to face his brother Kristoph in court as rivals and see which one is better.

I don't remember the exact dialogue but Jesus dude there's literally lives on the line don't treat the court like a fucking chess match you german tard.
>>
>>383719174
The Golden Court does not belong in mid tier, holy fuck.
>>
>>383718784
Also Kristoph sucks and is a huge miss for "Evil Defense Attorney" which could have been cool (Calisto Yew was ok). You get no time to get attached to him at all before realizing he was evil, Nick calls him out immediately, and him coming back at the end was fucking stupid. AJ is a mess.
>>
>>383714612
FUCKING /THREAD

This anon know what's up
>>
>>383719226
>Defense Attorneys get
>cute little girl assistants

Wtf I want to be a defense attorney now
>>
File: 1497921499580.png (162KB, 340x718px) Image search: [Google]
1497921499580.png
162KB, 340x718px
>>383695293
>YouTube subbed playthrough got nuked, not the same as the fantranslation.

It's back online now. If you wanna watch it better do it before it goes down again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m-AdWHDEAA&index=1&list=PLNWFih7YApE_jffMh71Z7qejlO5zaXoKu
>>
File: p10-badges-i-20150224.jpg (226KB, 870x489px) Image search: [Google]
p10-badges-i-20150224.jpg
226KB, 870x489px
>>383719880
Make sure to become one in Japan, so you get a cool badge too.
>>
>>383714039
What if Maya comes back but as a big sister-type assistant to Athena? it could either be really fun or really annoying
and maybe we'd finally get a fucking Phoenix & Trucy case too
>>
>>383719494
I know anon, I hate how fucking Edgeworth comes back but Gumshoe is nowhere to be fucking found. He better come back in AA7 with some excuse as to why he hasn't been seen at all for 3 fucking games. The only excuse I'll take is that he's been fucking Maggey and now is raising some kids
>>
>>383720257
>Maya as the assistant
This could end really well or really terribly, primarily because they're the same fucking character of "quirky female assistant who teases the MC and will most definitely touch the thing that shouldn't be touched"

Best case scenario for that would be Maya getting some actual fucking character development
Worst case scenario would be having to listen to non-stop off-topic and snark throughout investigations
>>
>>383720540
That actually make sense

I want gumshoe and his son or daughter to rise from the ashes
>>
>>383718079
It's the same court that allows prosecutors to whip and throw scalding hot coffee at people
>>
>>383721171
I just have the fear that one of them is going to be a victim in the next game
>>
>>383721316

You know that only happens when someone on the defense team is being a dumbass.
>>
>>383720156
>tfw no comrade of cheese badge
>>
>>383721618
>AAI3-1
>Gumshoe is happily married with Maggey and has a bunch of idiot but loyal kids
>He's also the victim of the first case
>>
>>383690278
>finally gets a game where he can shine and he's already better than his bluffmaster mentor
In 6-2, yeah. In 6-5 it was handed to him by Phoenix who did most of the work regarding the revolution in the first place, it was shit for almost all characters involved (Apollo, Phoenix, and everyone else except I guess Datz) and you guys eat it up just because they have Apollo say a bunch of over the top one-liners.
>>
File: 1479499774278.png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
1479499774278.png
200KB, 356x256px
>>383722085
>He's also the victim of the first case
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyBzyzznfak
>>
File: This is hell.png (732KB, 942x406px) Image search: [Google]
This is hell.png
732KB, 942x406px
>>383722085
N-NO NO STOP IT

I SAID STOP IT
>>
>>383722085
>ditch Gumshoe for like four games then bring him back dead
ABSOLUTELY YURUSANAI
>>
>>383690497
>just like how Phoenix returned to ruin Apollo's game
>half the cases in Apollo's game barely featured Phoenix in them yet Apollo was still shit in those cases
We've had lawyers with a fraction of the screentime and focus Apollo has gotten yet are better anyway. Outside of the DLC he had equal focus to Phoenix in DD even. Stop blaming this one character being sort of shit 90% of the time on other characters merely existing. No other character in this series has been given a case where every other character in the game turns into a completely incompetent dumbass all to make him look better like what Apollo now has.
>>
>>383718079
>psych locks
Unseen by everyone except the one with the magatama.
>perceive
Unseen by everyone, just looks like Apollo's staring down the person really hard. Only Apollo can tell if his bracelet reacts, not like it's a phone vibration or anything.
>therapy
They literally ask permission and have to prove that conducting therapy will aid the witness' testimony every goddamn time they use it how do you not pay attention
>>
>>383690278
Where would you guys like to see the series go from here? I'm honestly having a hard time coming up with a plausible and interesting plot for AA7.

I think the biggest problem is that they kinda went too far with the scale and perspective of the series. For example, look at the biggest and most important conflict of each game:
AA1: Facing off against a legendary prosecutor (Manfred)
AA2: Rescuing Maya from De Killer
AA3: Saving Maya & the Fey clan from Dahlia
AA4: Helping Phoenix get his badge back, take down Kristoph
AA5: Fixing the "dark age of the law" and basically renewing the entire court system, as well as taking down an international assassin
AA6: Going to another country, fucking overthrowing the rulers and changing the laws

I think expanding the plot to AA5/AA6 levels is a tool for lazy writers who want easy drama. It's easy to make a country going through a revolution seem dramatic, but much harder to do something like the first game with manfred & edgeworth.

With all this in mind, how can they make AA7 engaging and interesting without sending Phoenix to the fucking moon to defend a cloud of space dust in court or something?
>>
>>383722085
>His replacement is his oldest son, who becomes a detective just to find out who killed his dad
>The case ends in guilty because there isn't enough evidence, and Maggey is put on death row
>Whole game Edgeworth is extremely depressed, angry, and regretful
>Final boss is the person who killed Gumshoe

Would you play it?
>>
>>383723381
>Killing phoenix in the first case

There you go
>>
>>383723520
>Kill gumshoe and have this great story or keep /ourguy/ and made another mediocre story

Don't make choose anon pls I'm begging you
>>
>>383723381

They need to stop with all the world changing nonsense and "muh dark past" surprise cases.

Just release a game about lawyers taking on next to impossible cases.
>>
>>383723381
They have a perfect hook with Lamiroir
>>
>>383718079
>Psyche Lockes
If the game tightened up it's explanation of the setting it could justify this actually. Phoenix shouldn't even be at the crime scene investigating stuff (a hangup of his original concept of being a former detective-turned-lawyer maybe) and Prosecutors, who already have the odds stacked in their favor as it is, heads up the investigation process. The Psyche Lockes are basically just out-of-court cross examinations and could be argued to even the playing field. No point in it being present in the courtroom because you have actual cross examinations already.

Percieve and Mood Matrix are interesting ideas in theory but utilised in a shit way most of the time, most times they're used it doesn't feel like they're actually required, but rather that the dev just felt like mixing up the gameplay in that section.
>>
>>383690278
>a good protagonist is the perfect guy without any flaw or personality
Why is this a thing? Is Japan literally retarted?
>>
>>383690278
>arguments are well founded and doesnt rely much on miracle saves
He does it just as much as Phoenix did, I get that the Trilogy was years ago but goddamn just say that you don't remember it well. The series is filled with the MC very clearly establishing that x y and z aren't possible and then everyone ignoring them in favor of the Prosecutor anyway, it's both Phoenix and Apollo's entire character, they both react to it in the same damn way too.

As far as Apollo's concerned 5-2, 5-4 & 6-2 are the only cases in the entire series where he carries himself. Even SoJ's final case which was blatantly supposed to be all about him was really just all about him as far as his backstory was concerned, but trial-wise Phoenix did most of the legwork and then "passed the buck" to Apollo. You guys credit Mia with Phoenix's victories even in the instances where she just shows up to yell at Phoenix to think outside the box, yet don't do it with 6-5 for some reason.
>>
>>383724517
Apollo isn't perfect and he does have a personality.
>>
I think much of Nick's sweating is meant to be a representation of how he feels on the inside. When we see him from another character, he rarely visibly loses his cool.

I think Nick never really changed, even in AA4. He just got a better poker face. Inside, he's still the same old Nick.
>>
>>383690278
His gimmick is literally the worst shit and makes him worse than anything Phoenix did.
>"AHA, you're lying I can tell because you're doing a thing!!"
>The fuck you talking about kid? Fuck off
>"Urk!"
The fact that his whole gimmick revolves around testimony looping infinitely for him to even notice that shit is particularly retarded, why the fuck was this childish cunt not written out yet?
>>
>>383728292

Yeah I think it's mostly played up for the audience. Even though the judge, prosecution, and even his daughter and assistants give him shit in court, you can tell that he's a respected professional.
>>
>>383728630
Even though people shit on him, he's still the most respected and idolized defense attorney ever. I think people often forget that.
>>
>>383719174
>Nobody ever likes Turnabout Bigtop

Honestly the only concrete point of general consensus on /v/. Nobody is disgusting enough a human being to like Bigtop.
>>
>>383728886
>Went to a country where there hasn't been a defense lawyer in decades
>Because they're FUCKING DEAD (or rebels)
>Proceeds to facestomp a country into legal reform.

That's only recent exploits too. This is the Von Kharma slayer, the guy who got the Chief of police indicted, the guy who both RUINED and saved the legal system. Sort of.

Plus he has essentially and personally ended the Payne dynasty.
>>
>>383728890
Still, I do believe Serenade is worse, just the constant asinine repetition of that awful gimmick and the premise itself being completely retarded makes it objectively the worst.
>>
>>383728890
I'm going to sound like a contrarian now but I didn't mind it.

Only case I outright dislike in this series is Turnabout Serenade, people keep bitching about the video as if it's the only thing to dislike about it when I'm struggling to find anything I liked about it. Also most of Kidnapped Turnabout was a damn slog but I liked the escape room-like segment at the beginning.
>>
>>383729279
Which makes it sadder that he got relegated to butt monkey status so Apollo could shine in 6-5. At least he was back to being cool and professional in 6-DLC.
>>
>>383729302
>>383729493
As long as nobody actually really likes Biptop I'm okay with this.

I actually don't mind Serenade, weird huh? I mean its not great by any stretch but it isn't in the bottom 5 for me.
>>
>>383729279
>everyone losing their shit when he proves the Divination Seance is bullshit

Fucking great.
>>
>>383729279
>>383729562
>>383729691

>Won a case in English, which as an American Nick doesn't even know how to speak.
>Won several cases against the Spanish Inquisition,whom were aided by: A drunk legend, several witches, the colour black, drugs, tenuous and incredibly unethical medical experimentation.
>Has contacts in: Hacking, Assassination, Whatever fucking job Maggie is getting someone killed in, the legal education system, the detective department and Bento lunchbox making.
>Has cross-examined a parrot without being found in contempt.
>>
File: hugh double.jpg (81KB, 943x653px) Image search: [Google]
hugh double.jpg
81KB, 943x653px
>>383723997
Mood Matrix fucking rules, I legitimately don't get people's problem with it
>>
File: judgie-sad(c).gif (101KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
judgie-sad(c).gif
101KB, 256x192px
>>383722364
jesus christ
>>
>>383730202
Same, I ALWAYS look forward to these segments in trials.
>>
>>383730202
I agree with that anon that it felt like they were just using it for no real reason a lot, especially in DD. It didn't seem like Athena followed her own set rules about it (using it for therapy sessions) a lot of the time.
>>
>>383730202
>>383730314
My only problem with these is that there's no real punishment for messing up which lowers the tension of these segments.
>>
File: evil trucy.png (495KB, 484x810px) Image search: [Google]
evil trucy.png
495KB, 484x810px
>>383730202
>>
>>383730148
PLvsAA was legit. Direct sequel incorporating more characters from both series please.
>>
>>383730529
This is making me feel things

Why is this making me feel things
>>
File: 1456368410183.png (287KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
1456368410183.png
287KB, 368x469px
>>383697272
>The explanation made no sense and you know it.
Sorry brainlet, just because you're not satisfied with an explanation doesnt mean it makes any less sense
>>
File: 1479905460052.png (140KB, 256x291px) Image search: [Google]
1479905460052.png
140KB, 256x291px
I think it's time for an all new cast.
>>
File: latest.png (261KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
261KB, 400x600px
When is Phoenix gonna fuck her?
>>
>>383723381
>dark age of the law

I forgot how dumb that was.
>>
>>383730950
Why would he need to when he has Pearl
>>
>>383731283
In my opinion, it was handled better than the DC Act since it actually had some proper build up in the previous game.
>>
>>383731620
Anon I....
>>
>>383730950
Do you think her sister ever channeled through her and hit on Phoenix to make him really uncomfortable as a joke?
>>
>>383730950
That reminds me, do they ever mention where she even lives during the Trilogy? Does she just stay in the office overnight or something?
>>
>>383732202
>as a joke

What a shame
>>
>>383732365
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that there's a bedroom or two
>>
>>383700174
>implying it didnt have a god-tier first case that not only did a good job as a tutorial, but showed character growth for the MC as well
The first proper "objection" and desk slam were 10/10
>>
>>383690278
>whoops phoenix's ass in the civil case
To be fair, Nick knew that case was a fucking sham to begin with. His bluffs don't work when there's no hidden truth to back them up.
>>
>>383730950
she reminds me of Blaire White desu
>>
Isn't DGS the game where the main character's best friend gets killed by the love interest and when they find that out they just kind of laugh it off and the girl suffers no consequences whatsoever?
>>
>>383700613
I lost my shit when Apollo started mimicking Kristoph's animations and pulled out his catchphrase.
>>
File: IMG_2193.png (99KB, 490x184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2193.png
99KB, 490x184px
>>383734353
That was the best part of DD
Apollo went beast mode in the last case
>>
>>383734684
>Apollo went beast mode in the last case
All he did was cry about Clay being dead after Athena was cleared of suspicion though. He accidentally connected it to the Phantom stuff by means of other characters going off of stuff he mentioned instead of him doing it himself, and that's it.
Thread posts: 262
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.