[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know what you people are complaining about, this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Tales_of_Berseria_cover.jpg (142KB, 352x464px) Image search: [Google]
Tales_of_Berseria_cover.jpg
142KB, 352x464px
I don't know what you people are complaining about, this game is super fun.

Anyone have a really good combo setup?
>>
Square
Square
Square
Square
Square
Repeat
>>
Shut up fag
>easy button mash combat
>linear featureless dungeons
>bland empty overworld
>enemy variety almost nonexistent
>unmemorable soundtrack
>ps2 graphics
>waifushit
>>
>>383688134
So what's in the square slot?
>>
>>383688389
Whatever u want bb
>>
Just use Magilou's 4 meteor and you can kill everything except the sword pope aniki with funny hair.
>>
>>383688273
>Shut up fag
>easy button mash combat
I don't think it's that easy. I gotten knocked out a few times. I still have trouble with trying to get more souls to pop up consistently.
>linear featureless dungeons
All dungeons are linear and featureless. Do you expect to have 8 different exits ??
>bland empty overworld
I will say the overworld is like dungeons. Never did like ffxii style of tons of interlocking maps.
>enemy variety almost nonexistent
???? There's tons of them
>unmemorable soundtrack
I like the opening
>ps2 graphics
I don't think you remember how the ps2 looked. A pc upscale isn't it.
>waifushit
I love Velvet!
>>
>>383688684
I don't like magilou.
>>
>>383688785
>I still have trouble with trying to get more souls to pop up consistently
I've stalled out at about the 4-5 hour mark and even I can get max souls in seconds. You just abuse weaknesses. It's not as broken and no-fun as Xillia 2 but it's trying.
>>
>>383688028
Playing currently, dungeons are bland. Puzzles are beyond pointless, since they put the switches in your face. Can't jump/walk/sprint in over world makes dungeon crawling even more miserable since outside of the light jog animation you have 0 variety in traversing the land.

The only thing enjoyable was how the characters are going around like a band of psychopaths and killing everyone, but now I see they're going all "muh justice" on me.

6/10 bonus points for being much better than zestria
>>
>>383688028
What difficulty are you playing on? Harder difficulties show how flawed the game is.

For combos, it's whatever works really. You will want to start the combo with a fast attack move, because long animations won't get you anywhere if your target moves behind another enemy.

>>383688684
>Caster
>While playing in Chaos mode
Noooo. In the time it takes to summon the spell, half your party will end up one-shotted.
>>
>>383689786
I'm on hard.

People say even nightmare is easy, but I tried it and no way.

And who's the best cook?
>>
>>383688028
It's better than Zestiria, but it's still far from a good Tales game. I'm hoping they will eventually be able to redeem the series.
>>
>>383688389
The fuck do you even mean "a good combo setup," just put whatever the enemy is weak to.
>>
Loved it, only game from this mediocre series that I managed to finish. Never gonna play any of the other games. Most of its flaws aren't such a high priority for me in JRPGs so its great.
>>
You can do combos like this guy does: https://www.youtube.com/user/donguri990/videos

But there's no reason to so whatever.
>>
>>383690987
That sounds like a waste of time and not all the attacks flow well into each other. Making the setup really awkward
>>
>>383690987
>just put whatever the enemy is weak to
Did they ever fix that? One of the biggest grinds was for gear to capitalize on enemies weaknesses, yet it seemed like having 180% to one element was worthless.
>>
>>383688028
I set each button starting with different elements so I can do weakness combo without having to change moves much.
also keep magilou as your sub so you can magic counter every fuckin living thing that dare to cast magic on you and laphicet is a monster at dishing aoe magic combos.
Try mixing rokurou when you want to gitgud with setups and combos, get eizen to have more bonus on making the enemies fall and stun so you can abuse his dragon powers, eleanor launch attack rarely launch enemies but it works great as combo extension and most of the time it atleast stuns the enemies
>>
>>383692073
This. I get that some people cheesed the shit out of this game, but I have no idea of how they had fun with playing it brainlessly.
>>
>>383692073
later on you get the skill to get automatically do another skill of higher level which flows fine into combos, for example for martial artes you hold the button and it will continue to the next arte, for magic just hold the charge then press LT and it will quick cast into higher tier magic.
That's how you can do easy flow combo with different set of artes. in the artes menu you can see which artes it will continue to at the arte description, it shows which arte it will continue to.
>>
>>383692902
A majority of people get knocked out and just let the AI win battles for them.
>>
File: ToB.jpg (36KB, 952x219px) Image search: [Google]
ToB.jpg
36KB, 952x219px
Deal with it, haters.
>>
>>383688028
I played the first 15 hours making my own combos but it just got annoying doing it every time a new enemy showed up.

so i just YOU DECIDEed
>>
>>383693232
I saw the helping combos but I found those programmed one's were highly inefficient and most of the time dealt minimal damage. Like some kicking one that missed like 70% of the time when trying to finish the combo. One of the preprogrammed ones also left me wide open for counter attacks. Suffice to say, I stopped relying on those.

I'll say the the fight with Eleanor was where I started to find out things wrong with pure button mashing and combo set-up
>>
Discussing about Tales combat is cool. But have anyone ever asked which one would u fug?
>>
obligatory

DEMON FANG
DEMON FANG
DAMN I MUST BE A GENIUS
DOUBLE DEMON FANG
>>
File: Phi as fuk.jpg (102KB, 892x640px) Image search: [Google]
Phi as fuk.jpg
102KB, 892x640px
>>383694078
was a crying shame there's no demon fang in this game
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.