[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started this game and I'm honestly blown away. Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: posn5.jpg (767KB, 811x1000px) Image search: [Google]
posn5.jpg
767KB, 811x1000px
I just started this game and I'm honestly blown away. Are all japanese rpgs like this? Not usually into these type of games
>>
Play some of the other games in the Shin Megami Tensei series. Persona is one of it's many spin-off series.
>>
>>383683396
Where can I start with those? Are they like this game? I want something like this game but I'm not well versed with Japanese role playing games
>>
>>383683346
No, not really. Except the turn based combat aspect.
>>
If I have no Ps4 but xbone /pc what's the best alternate to this? Just persona 4??
>>
>>383683748
You can emulate all four first games.
There are also those Devil Survivor games on the 3DS, which I think are supposed to have some time management aspect to them too, unlike mainline SMT. But I personally haven't played those yet.
>>
>>383683472

You might want to play Catherine. It's very similar to this game, there's just no dungeon crawling. It's a puzzle type game. If you're going to go back, play P3 and P4.
>>
>>383683472
A lot of people say to start with SMT3 Nocturne to get a real taste of what original SMT gameplay is like, but a bit more modern then the SNES games.
>>
I don't like a lot of jrpgs because they feel like you're just grinding for stats, and I haven't seen a lot that do the "social link" (aka confidant) aspect right, only the Persona series.

You'll enjoy P3 and P4 no doubt. P3 is very raw, it does get the formula right but it was the first in the series to implement this day by day system and social links and the story is great. P4 is good but it's praised because by the time you finish playing you feel like you made real friends. There's a mystery novel aspect to it too so by the end you have to figure out who is the main villain or you get the bad end. You probably already know it though if you frequent /v/ a lot.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.