[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never really seen or played a persona games, what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (71KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 384x384px
I've never really seen or played a persona games, what's so good about them?
>>
Pretty much everything. They're just good games in all aspects.
>>
>>383682849
Nothing. Besides waifus
>>
>>383682992
>>383683054
Welcome to /v/.
>>
as someone who's nearly finished their first Persona game, 5;
banging music
comfy atmosphere
rhythmic, stylish gameplay
overwhelming presentation
always the want/need to do something, little downtime
lovable, memorable characters
systems upon systems that actually make sense and have their place
unique

i love it.
>>
the game is about ~90 hours long but only about 10 of those hours is combat and maybe another 15 for the core story

most of the game is literal filler
>>
Waifus and some character development.
>>
>>383682849
I liked 5 for its visual style, I'm not hardcore enough to go back to 3 and 4 after being exposed to 5
>>
good, very fast combat
Persona is the DOOM of turn based JRPGs
>>
>>383683659
>doesn't even have an option to skip battle animations
>very fast
>>
>>383683376
Nope, out of an average run of 100 hours, 40 will be combat, 30 will be scenes, and 30 will be fusions/buying/selling/upgrading your social stats.
>>
>>383682849

They're dungeon crawlers that make you manage relations with characters.

Other than that it's a pretty standard JRPG. I love P5, I feel like it's a good intro to the series if you never played any of the others.
>>
>>383682849
Super weeb shit. Only get involved with the franchise if you have no self respect.
>>
>>383683693
The animations are super short 1 second ones as it is, besides the few endgame spells like inferno that last 3-4 seconds.
>>
>>383682849
Megami Ibunroku Persona is very SMT in its narrative structure and gameplay, just on a small district rather than apocalyptic stakes v YHVH in MT and SMT I and II
Persona 2 expands on the deviation with more unique qualities, the complex rumor system, fusions utilizing the highly customization of 5 party members' interchangeable Personae and affinities, and solid narrative carrying the 50 / 100 hour titles.
Then P3 comes along and deviates so much more.
Pure linear VN
Social links
One dungeon
Only MC changes persona, though you pull from 8 to fill a party of four,
Only one randomly generated (undesigned) dungeon to run up whenever, sprinkled with exploit weakness to insta win encounters.
Negotiations are gone, play card minigame sometimes to win
Completely different genre. Much less a JRPG than its predecessors, much more a monotony sim, sadly
>>
>>383683815
That's not an argument, when a lot of other turn based RPGs have the option to skip the animations completely, making them infinitely faster than Persona.
>>
File: 1487813065351.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487813065351.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
I started this game a week ago and have never played any Persona game before.

It's very good, I had just finished playing Final Fantasy 7 again to refresh on it and it really helped open my eyes to just how excellent Persona is. It implements so many things with a balance I would consider masterful. Only a few things surrounding confidants aren't self-explanatory but other than that the game really helps you understand the flow and in a short time you're plowing through battles before you can hear "You'll never see it coming".
My biggest complaints are that it starts wicked slow, there's only one basic battle theme(even if it's awesome it's a shame) and the second party member you get is really stupid and annoying for almost his entire story arc.

My friend was a really cool dude by providing me some tips before starting the game.
Up your Guts and Kindness, don't feel shame in going online for the classroom answers you don't do yourself any favors in time or fun by missing them, also it won't feel like it at first, but raising your relationships with any person you can to at least level 3 as soon as possible is beneficial to all gameplay and battling.

If you like Digimon, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Visual Novels, Tokyo, or just solid JRPG goodness, this game is fantastic.
>>
>>383683918
Do you really want to play a powerpoint ?
>>
>>383682849
the visuals and music stand out straight away

really good intertwining of school kid friend/romance simulation with the dungeon crawling combat where one affects the other
>>
>>383683918
Most aren't faster even with that option because there's no 1 more system and enemies are fucking sponges.

Persona is fast because of how lethal the combat is most enemies die or get close to dying from 1 all out attacks, or by spamming their weakness.
>>
>>383684016
Don't try to move the goalpost. You said Persona was a fast game by JRPG standards and that's simply false.
>>
probably end up ordering a ps4/persona/nioh this friday

buyers remorse incomming
>>
>>383682849
Not really into weebshit that much but persona 5 is my goty
>>
>>383684150
persona is on ps3 tho

I'm getting a ps4 soon and I still got it for ps3
>>
>>383684129
Persona 5 is faster than 90% of JRPGs, even without canceling animations.
Most battles take 10 seconds to 30 seconds if you know what your doing.
>>
>>383682849
This was my first persona and I don't even like anime, but the story was really enjoyable. It was lighthearted while still touching on some mature ass shit while being about friends bonding through weird circumstances. And that's not even including how fun the gameplay is.

i can't decide if I want to replay p5 or trythe previous ones, do I just go release order anons? Is it safe to assume p5 isn't even the best in the series? Because that'd be great, I fucking loved p5 from start to finish
>>
yo, hand over your tips for SP recovery/preservation

the one thing that stops dungeon progression
>>
File: 1496107405274.png (184KB, 222x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496107405274.png
184KB, 222x360px
>>383684129
>(you) said
Nope it wasn't me.
But Persona 5 combat IS fast.
Animations are quick, attacks and spells are super fast to select, and the transitions from characters to characters also are fast.
It's faster than a lot of JRPGs.

>>383684150
There won't be any remorse.
Add Bloodborne and you're set for the rest of summer.
>>
>>383684367
There are vending machines in the school courtyard, the arcade in Shibuya, and outside the laundromat in Yongen-Jaya that sell SP sodas.
Abuse physical skills in dungeons, then use SP to heal outside of battle. Of course, if you're in a tight spot, survival is paramount.
Focus on the Death confidant. Get it to Rank 7 ASAP, then save up 50k yen for an SP Adhesive.
Clear all remaining palaces in one day as you abuse infinite SP recovery.
>>
>>383684317
Just play them and see for yourself.
>>
>>383684367

Develop relationship with Sojiro and Takemi. Make Coffee and get the SP charm. You'll get loads of SP.
>>
>>383684367
Make Coffee / Curry
>>
File: lunge.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lunge.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>383684367
Only use physical skills.
>>
>>383684462
>it w-wasn't me
Okay, whatever.
>It's faster than a lot of JRPGs.
I don't think you've played a lot of JRPGs. It's faster than FF, but that's about it. You could go through literally ten times more battles in Bravely Second in the same time it'd take you to finish one in Persona.
>>
>>383684530
Yeah probably gonna. Was just curious because I've been told by multiple people to avoid either the first or the 2nd one, and I couldn't remember which it was, or why.
>>
>>383684671
>bravely second
I dare you to say that the battles in bravely are enjoyable.
If it wasn't for the sped up combat, it would be ultra boring.
>>
>>383684820
More enjoyable and have way more tactical depth, than Persona's "hit the weakness" whack a mole game and buff/debuff meta for boss fights.
>>
>>383684367

>Romance hot punk Nurse
>Unlock Accessories
>Buy SP Adhesive 2 or 3 (2 makes it so you get 5 SP per turn and 3 makes it so you get 7 SP per turn)

Save up a shitload of money though and increase that charm ASAP.
>>
>>383682849
I'm not even really into JRPGs or the anime aesthetic in general but I still love Persona, well worth checking out IMO
>>
>>383684650
>Lunge
>>
>>383683659
>i haven't played any jrpgs except P5 because i'm a nigger: the post
>>
>>383682849
VNs with RPG elements

Takes fusion from the SMT series, which is a fun mechanic
>>
>>383683242
Can confirm.
Also never played any other Persona games but just finished my NG+ run of 5.
>>
>>383685185
Low cost so you don't kill yourself.
>>
File: Futaba.jpg (121KB, 857x845px) Image search: [Google]
Futaba.jpg
121KB, 857x845px
>Hot high school anime babes
>Doubles as life simulator
>Battling Giant Dick Monsters
>Superb Story
>And this beautiful /b/tard
What more could you ask for?
>>
>>383686431
Her eyes are too far apart.
>>
>>383686546
Your eyes are too far apart.
>>
>>383686431
>What more could you ask for?
Combat that isn't even more shallow than pokemon
>>
File: Futaba and Vidya games.jpg (42KB, 503x373px) Image search: [Google]
Futaba and Vidya games.jpg
42KB, 503x373px
>>383686823
While i'll admit exploiting the same monster's weakness over and over again with Morgana and company shouting the same 3 lines every 2 seconds can get very annoying, I believe the game has many more pros that outweigh the cons. Besides i'll get past any boring combat sequence to play some Punch Ouch with my waifu.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.