[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing the best mmo ever made now that they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: secret world.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
secret world.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Why aren't you playing the best mmo ever made now that they fixed everything and made it f2p?
>>
Isnt the combat still boring because enemies are bullet sponges or something?
>>
>>383670464
The viral marketing campaign they had going for this game before reveal got me really hyped, since I loved The Longest Journey and expected great things from Funcom. But then it turned out it was an...
>MMO
Nope.
>>
Combat is fucking atrocious and basically no pvp.
>>
I wanted to just blast through it for the story, and gave it an honest shot, and even made it to Blue Mountain, but the F2P shit was too much

It didn't feel too detrimental up until that point but the anima shard upgrading cost just went through the roof, leaving me with tons of gear in my inventory and no way to use it for upgrading. When a quest doesn't give enough to perform even one upgrade, that's fucked. I probably could've continued anyway, the combat isn't that difficult or anything, but it just started feeling like shit to me
>>
So what the hell exactly changed? Mainly when it comes to combat, but not only?
>>
>>383671558

They changed combat (opinions differ whether it's better or not, I think it's still shit but better than before because you can kill stuff very fast and forget about it), and tacked on a whole shitton of terrible freemium bullshit.
>>
>>383671613
I mean, how exactly did they change it?
>>
It's a massive trap, whales had to spend around $5000 to max their weapons.

Realistically, it would take a patron around a year to max 1 single item, and you have 2 weapons... and 3 item slots...

A non patron completely f2p would take anywhere from 3 to 6 times more than a non patron to max one weapon.... since thet have 72 hour cooldowns for missions, while patrons have 8 hour cooldowns.

I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating, but the math has been done by people already and it's considering someone playing a lot every day without skipping anything and actually selling stuff on the AH.

Sure you can enjoy most content without maxed items, so I suggest to clear the missions and move on, don't stick around, there's nothing to look forward but painfully upgrade items, it's not worth your life!
>>
>>383671769
>made it reticle-based (though underneath the reticle it's still the same, if you've played GW2, it's the same as the action camera there)
>removed all weapon synergy that existed
>added a gimmicky mechanic to each weapon that you have to keep track of and use, some are actively annoying and random while others are just combo points or whatever
>>
>>383671879

I thought there were 6 accessory slots.
>>
>>383671885
It's probably still cluttered with tonnes of almost identical abilities which make combat playing piano with numerical keys, right?
>>
>>383672156

I haven't checked out a lot of skills, the lack of synergy just made me use one weapon

My rotation is literally three buttons, a channeled attack which can be spammed without spending too much energy, an ability that gives me a damage boost when I get enough combo points, and an elite skill used off CD for burst. Sometimes I spam aoes or heal up a bit, but it's really basic, and usually the enemy is dead before I even get to that boost part, making it literally a one-button rotation.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.