[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in this day and age in buying WoW if I never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: i hate my life.png (240KB, 555x247px) Image search: [Google]
i hate my life.png
240KB, 555x247px
Is there any point in this day and age in buying WoW if I never played it before? I have an urge to play an MMO and the last time I had it I ended up buying FFXIV on PS4 and PC and regretted it. What do you guys think? Maybe there's a F2P MMO worth playing?
>>
What do you want out of an mmo? There's a whole lot available.
>>
>>383670416
just play on elysium wow, you're going to be seeing a ton of asian bots wherever you go so it might as well be the best experience
>>
look up felmyst senpai and get hype
>>
>>383670416
Its shit, but its still the best mmo because all the others are even worse
>>
>>383670541
You know, I don't exactly know how to put it. I often get these urges (you wouldn't fucking believe how many accounts I have on all sorts of MMOs) and then I play one, sometimes for just a few days, sometimes for few weeks, sometimes I even hit max level, but then I just feel like I don't actually like these games. I guess I'm looking for one that will give me a goal to achieve, and achieving that goal and the journey to it will be satisfying. I know it's ridiculous, but maybe there's something there yet.
>>
Every single fucking day past 2010 the same thread with the same faggot
JUST KILL YOURSELF ALREADY
>>
>>383671342
You can achieve so many things in archeage, i highly recommend it
>>
>>383671487
I literally just made this thread for the first time ever, I was curious because I see a heavy 50:50 here regarding WoW, as in some people praise and hype it while others shit on it and neither is the majority.
>>383671735
I heard Archeage is ridiculously pay to win though.
>>
Yeah, it's actually a really good time to get into WoW. As someone who has played the game since mid-TBC (2008ish), in my opinion the game is at it's most fun.

I would 100% recommend diving in if you think you'll stick around for a while. We should be getting a new expansion in the next 1-2 years so there's a perfect amount of time for you to do everything end game and then move on to a new expansion
>>
Play SWTOR
>>
>>383671989
t. blizzdrone
>>
>>383671982
Eso is fun if you liked the elder scrolls games
>>
>>383672081
Be nice, don't be this guy>>383671487
>>383671989
Yea, I'm strongly considering it.
>>383672052
I unironically have that installed already right now and was thinking about just playing that.
>>
>>383671982
Archeage is only paytowin if you want the absolute best set of gear in the game, other than that it's not paytowin at all, give it a go, there's so much you can do in that game
>>
>>383672316
Don't listen to this anon, it's just about the most pay to win game I have ever played. If you want to get any gear past a Divine enchantment you better be ready to drop an absolute shitton of money. That or you can farm for 2 months to buy the CASH SHOP ONLY item required for high end enchanting and if you don't have that gear good fucking luck fighting players who do.

This is really unfortunate however since imo Archeage is the best PvP MMO I've ever played save for the fucking retarded cash shop decisions and building the late game gear around it.
>>
>>383672492
Yea, I hear it's P2W very often, plus, I am really not interested at all in PvP, I enjoy dungeons and big raids the most in these games, when a group of random people get together and defeat a difficult boss, that is a very satisfying and enjoyable experience for me.
>>
>>383672720
Oh definitely don't play it for the PvE, as much as I like the game there are only a handful of fun PvE encounters and those are mostly made to help you get more PvP gear. Archeage is very much a PvP MMO.
>>
>>383670416
It's really dated now, and learning how to play your class to join raids or pvp will be a pain because everyone else has been doing it for 10+ years. I wouldn't really recommend it if you don't have friends to play with. But it does have retarded amounts of quests and zones and stuff by this point so if you want to solo quest and chill it could be alright.
>>
if you want endgame pve wow is great. I don't think anything out there can really compare with the amount of content they've been pumping out for legion dungeon and raid wise, at least until ffxiv gets further along in their xpac..there's also no pay to win bullshit and you can pay your sub with gold once you get going.

other games have the edge on narrative storytelling, professions/crafting, and open world pvp, so if you're interested in those things you might want to look elsewhere.

Whatever you do, for the love of god stay away from archeage though, that shit is a fucking dumpster fire. You can have fun for a month or two and then you'll realize what a soul crushing grind you're in for if you don't want to shower trion with cash.
>>
File: tip.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
Play dungeon fighter online. Only two other alive MMOs are Wow, FFXIV or black desert. If you want 3D mmo try blade and soul but expect Tera-tier community
>>
>>383670416
Playing WoW is like eating a nice meal, except when you actually bite it there's no actual flavor it's just bland. Sure you get a lot on your plate and it seems to vary but again it all tastes the same.
>>
>>383673353
That doesn't sound like a nice meal at all.
>>
Lads, you have been very helpful, I think I'll go with WoW, even if I don't quite enjoy it, it's pretty cheap so no harm done. One last thing; my local retailer has some Battlechest available, so I was wondering should I go with that, or just buy from the Blizzard store. I'm from Europe and I hear the Battlechest only offers the option to play in my region. Now I don't plan to play on American servers, but I do like having options, you know. So what do you think?
>>
>>383673457
I think you are a retard
>>
>>383673664
Thanks. Really showed me my place there, cool guy.
>>
>>383670416
No. You will almost exclusively be playing with alts using broken heirloom equipment in a shitty grind simulator for three weeks until you can actually play the game.There's no community to speak of, the game is poorly balanced, and you will be tempted to pay out shekels for shit you don't need.
If you had already been in the game for years, now is a good time to get back into it. But starting from zero in this game is fucking awful now.
>>
>>383670416

Just play a private server.

Pick your favorite expansion and play. They get shittier after Wotlk however.
>>
Don't play WOW.

They just turned their PVE scene into an esport, its cancer.

Play vanilla private servers if you can, but don't play live, you'll hate yourself if you do.
>>
>>383675651
I've been alternating between retail and private servers for about 6 years now and they've all been a shittier experience than retail. Buggy as all fuck and most of the time the content isn't all there, plus the community is 80% Russian and 15% Spanish. Every time.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.