[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digimon thread. Never played one and wanted to try it out. Decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Digimon thread.

Never played one and wanted to try it out. Decided to buy this during the Prime sale for $8. Anything I should know before starting since I honestly don't know much about Digimon games. And just talk about World games and other Digimon like stuff.
>>
>>383669117
Play on easy your first play through. Also have a guide pulled up at all times if you never played the original Digimon World.
>>
It's a World game, not a Story game so don't expect much control with your Digimon in fights, they just do what they want and the higher your Brains the higher chance they listen to you, that's all.
>>
>>383669379
>Play on easy your first play through.
Why?
>>
>>383669563
Our normal is Japan's hard
>>
>>383669563
The only difference between easy and normal is lower evolution requirements, meaning the game is slightly less grindy. I myself haven't done a hard play through, but from my understanding it's basically meant for new game plus only
>>
So how does World work anyways. I only really know about Pokemon and SMT so I don't know if evolution works differently in Digimon World.
>>
File: snap048.png (179KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
snap048.png
179KB, 480x272px
>>383669964
Grind Digimon up in a gym, they meet the requirements to Digivolve and they will. Then you go outside the gym and wander around exploring recruiting Digimon for your city until your Digimon dies and repeat. Fighting is done by encountering a Digimon and then your Digimon run around an arena and you can vaguely give them instructions (The higher your Brains they have the quicker they listen and change their strategies and you can even specify attacks) while they fight each other.

It's nothing like Pokemon or SMT, if you wanted that kind of a game that's what the Story games are for since they're more about managing Digimon and fighting turn based battles, the World games are more V-pets with exploration as the primary focus. Picture related is how fights look like in Digimon World Re:Digitize for example.
>>
>>383670153
>with exploration as the primary focus
Is the world actually fun to explore then?
>>
File: snap003.png (127KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
snap003.png
127KB, 480x272px
>>383671592
Can't speak specifically for Next Order but yeah, they generally have many varied areas with different biomes, tons of Digimon to recruit for the city that improve parts of it, and usually fun fights along the way.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.