[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't played league of legends much the past few seasons,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: ranking.png (150KB, 1090x581px) Image search: [Google]
ranking.png
150KB, 1090x581px
Haven't played league of legends much the past few seasons, but I noticed something interesting... attached is a graph of my historical ranking/mmr with noted the two real-life friends I've played the game with and when I was playing with them...

Anyone else have this problem? haha.
>>
What are you saying, you lose because your friend is bad?
>>
>>383666250
That's one way to interpret the data, that or the MMR of the friends in question is low enough that losses are more punishing and victories are less beneficial
>>
>>383666250
>>383666335
Could also be a 3rd cause entirely... for instance, summer vacation for the kiddies starts in july.. I think.. So the number of mistakes I can punish on the enemy team may have just spiked in the past 2 days, and same goes for the end of last season, winter/holiday breaks..
>>
>>383666595
it could also be because ur bad at the game bro
>>
>>383666653
then why does my rank/mmr shoot up when I play actively alone?
>>
My friend is always fucking high when he plays. He isn't bad but when he is high his performance tanks dramatically. He gets overly sensitive when I criticize his play, not for being high but for fucking up. He has played 6 years with me and has barely retained any knowledge of the lessons he should have learned by now.
>>
>>383666832
peaceknight (noted above) plays while high, tez didn't.. but he tilts REALLLLY easily.
>>
>>383666250
I duo with a friend all the time cause he's a good friend of mine but my LP tanks cause he usually feeds. It annoys me sometimes, but I can't get super mad at him.
>>
>>383666869
I just don't get how someone could play for 6 years and not understand how to build, only have 3 rune pages with like tier 1 runes and have a complete lack of agency an instinct.
>>
>>383667146
peaceknight thinks he mains ekko adc, that's almost as bad..
>>
>>383667229
I can literally play any role and any champion. But put him in a lane, you can expect zero production until late game when being directed. His average deaths per game is about 8, mines 3. I'm consistently placing the most wards, beating out the support most games, 30+ wards. He barely puts out 12.
>>
>>383666161
I already said my friends they sucked dick and they know so I play with them on my smurf and I rank on my mian
>>
the goal of matchmaking is most vidya (not just MOBAs) is to match people of similar MMR/skill rating with the smallest amount of standard deviation among the mean of all players in the game
>>
>>383667605
paceknight:
>"I'm stuck in bronze 5 cause I keep getting shitty teams"
me:
>"you're teamed with and agaisnt people near or equal to your skill level, if you are better than them you will consistenly tip the scale and win more than you lose and climb"
peacknight:
>"I'm telling you, I keep gettign feeders and afk, I can't get out"
me:
>"what's your account info?"
he gives it to me.. next day he's silver 4 from bronze 5.
me:
>"okay you're not 'stuck' in bronze anymore"
peaceknight:
"thank you, now I should be able to climb to gold no problem"
next day he's bronze 4.
>>
>>383666161
Sometimes your friends are worse than you. Sometimes the other duo's you get matched against work better together even if neither of you is holding the other back. As long as your friends aren't autsing out in chat and flaming/raging (only because it loses you games, who gives a fuck about shit talking people online) and are fun to play with, it shouldn't be a problem. You are in Silver, you will probably never be good enough at the game for it to be worth it to make sacrifices of enjoyment to win more often. Also, be wary of listening to places like /v/ give advice on multiplayer games, half these mouth breathers probably believe their rank is low because of elo hell or some other asinine trash.
>>
>>383667941
Lol, not looking for advice, and I play for fun. Just found it an interesting data point and wondered how many other people had a similar situation.

https://www.lol-mmr.com/ you can see your estimated MMR and historical MMR
>>
>>383667941
All that said, if winning is more enoyable to you than playing with friends, just stop duoing. Team games, especially MOBAs, are half miserable at the best of times, you will go crazy forcing yourself to play in conditions that make the game less fun for you than dealing with random retards and losing half your games already make it.
>>
>>383666161
I don't play shit games like ASSFAGGOTS but its entirely possible the matchmaking system puts you up against other premades when you're queuing as a 2, and they have better synergy/comms than you do.
>>
>>383666161
Wow, look, a line graph!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.