[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished the first game and really liked it, but the rest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Megaman.gif (9KB, 820x650px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman.gif
9KB, 820x650px
Just finished the first game and really liked it, but the rest look like just more of the same. Which game between 2-10 is the best and most interesting so I can save myself the time?
>>
>>383658524
&bass
>>
They're all the same but I dunno what you expect from a 10-game NES series
2,3,7 and 9 are worth playing at least. I like them all but those are my favs
>>
>>383658524
All of them are excellent games

Quit bitching around and get trough every game enjoying the challenge -not just trying to finish them, f*cking newfag-
>>
You should just play them all. They're not very long games.

They may look the same on the outside but I assure you they're each pretty different. If MM fans constantly choke each others throats over their favorites, then they can't be that same-y, right?
>>
How can I play 9 and 10 easily? Is WiiWare emulation a thing?
>>
>>383659197
Yes. They're also coming out on Legacy Collection 2 in August if you want to wait for that.

It's a shit lazy collection but fuck it, I want 9 and 10 on a physical disc.
>>
>>383658524
Play 2-4 for sure, play 5 n' 6 if you liked 2-4, skip 7 and 8, and then play 9 and 10 if you still want more.
The games are VERY similar but they usually introduce something new each time to mix up the formula.

Mega Man 2 adds in Rush, standardizes the Robot Masters to 8, and generally is just Mega Man 1 2.0.
Mega Man 3 adds in the slide move is is arguably better than 2 in terms of general quality.
Mega Man 4 adds in the charge shot.
Mega Man 5 adds in Beat
6 adds in alternative level paths as well as more uses for Rush.

All the games are short as fuck. You can beat like 2 a day if you just sit down without any distractions pretty easily.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (28KB, 600x600px)
wrong.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>383659750
>Mega Man 2 adds in Rush
>>
>>383659750
>skip 7
dont listen to this retard. 7 is a really good game and most people dislike 8 because it feels slower compared to other MM games but its fine
>>
>>383660237
>>Mega Man 2 adds in Rush
Shit, you're right. I was thinking of Item 1/2/3. Oh well, they're pretty similar I guess.

>>383660403
>dont listen to this retard. 7 is a really good game
>most people dislike 8 because it feels slower compared to other MM games but its fine
Nah m8, 7 and 8 are pretty trash compared to the older games. Controlling Megaman in them feels like moving through fucking molasses and the stages, bosses, and music are all pretty shitty even compared to the weakest ones on the NES and Wii.

Just my 2 cents on them though and you're welcome to yours but if this guy is asking for the MUST PLAY games of the series, 7 and 8 are not included. They may be good, but they aren't up to the same par as the rest.
>>
so the general consensus is 2-4, maybe 5. thanks. I'm the same anon that started this thread >>383661472 so I'm kinda on a high from finishing the first one and don't wanna ruin it so I asked for the best ones. Time to beat isn't a problem, I take as much time as I want
>>
>>383660403
so this is what the kids are calling a "shit opinion" these days...
>>
>>383658524
play 4 as it's the first to have both slide + charge shot and the weapons are fairly balanced
>>
>>383658524
Just play 2 and stop. That is the height of the series and everything else is a slow but sure downward slope into mediocrity. Remember that the franchise died for good reason.
>>
>>383662151
Don't forget 6 too that's integral for the plot plus it's fun.
>>
>>383663553
>mega man
>plot

are you saying there's actual continuity besides "mega man is good, wily is evil"?
>>
Play them all, if you are going to skip any, skip 5, 6, 7, and 8. 9 and 10 are fucking golden, and probably my two favorites, and I'm an old ass mother fucker that played them all in order as they were released. Then play some of the Mega Man X games, but I don't have much experience with those besides part 1 and 4, which are both great as well.
>>
>>383663753
it was a joke you fuckwit
>>
>>383663814
>if you are going to skip any, skip 5, 6, 7, and 8
this. i agree with and respect you
>Then play some of the Mega Man X games
oops nvm spoke too soon
>>
>>383658795
>not MM4
>>
>>383664624
>MM4
lmao shit taste kys
>>
>>383664692
MM4 is great. Way better than MM3 at least.
>>
>>383664742
nice b8, got me to reply
>>
>more of the same

Well yeah, what were you expecting? A sequel that's an RPG? A kart racing Megaman?
>>
The only thing I advise you to do is skip 8 and 10. They're really not worth playing
>>
>>383659473
Fucking Capcom charging full price for five roms on a disc, without even including MM&Bass.
I'm not buying that shit.
>>
>>383664742
>better than MM3
>better than the best of all classic Megaman games

Here is the (You) you wanted so much.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.