[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would being good at Drum arcade games transfer to real life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7662.jpg (114KB, 440x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7662.jpg
114KB, 440x563px
Would being good at Drum arcade games transfer to real life drum skills?
>>
Far more so than every other rhythm game that emulates an instrument. The only thing it's missing is hi-hat control, as far as I'm aware none of them do that. It won't teach you how to play on a real drum kit, but it'll essentially teach you all the technique as long as you also do some drills and stuff on the side and apply them to your play.

Drummania is a fucking blast though, especially if you have a Round 1 nearby so you can play the XG version with extra pads and double bass
>>
>>383657062
>round 1 near me
>has drum mania
>1 credit lets me play several songs

It's amazing.
>>
One of the hardest parts of learning drumming is mentally separating the rhythm of your hands and feet. I and one other person I know learned footwork on the kickdrum by playing Rockband.
>>
File: 1490821651271.jpg (62KB, 416x578px) Image search: [Google]
1490821651271.jpg
62KB, 416x578px
>>383659145
>Rockband still don't have proper double bass charts.
>When GH had it since Metallica and updated everything on GH5.

Fuck those lazy fucks at harmonix, gimme at least double bass for the lack of shit on RB4.
>>
>>383659145
I was always confused with how hard I should stomp on the pedal.
>>
>>383660307
The way to go is keep your foot pressing the pedal as a resting position. Then raise your foot then press down when its time to play the kick drum. It's much more comfortable than any alternate
>>
>>383660458
So always keep it pressed down? That makes more sense than the way I tried it with my foot raised at a stupid angle.
>>
>>383660668
Yeah. Your resting position is with the pedal pressed. It's easier than hovering your foot above it. Doesn't tense up certain muscles either
>>
if you really want to learn to play get a real electronic kit and use backing/karaoke tracks then move on to an actual kit
>>
>>383660764
>drum lessons from /v/

Thanks for the tip, I'll probably do better now in Rock band. I might even look up actual lessons if I ever decide to start drumming.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.