[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else actually enjoy the monotonous MMO side quests in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1117.png (189KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1117.png
189KB, 250x350px
Anybody else actually enjoy the monotonous MMO side quests in this game? Im on the Gaur Plains doing every side quest at the refugee camp, and inexplicably I'm enjoying myself. I don't even know why. I feel like these should be boring the shit out of me but i just want to stay up all night doing "Kill x, collect x" side quests.

I mean, the JRPG story is great. I want to see how this escalates. But I almost feel ashamed I'm enjoying this right now.
>>
>>383647183
1 word op... BLACKLIVERBEANS
>>
ya I used to try and do most of them too, then prison island hit and I got so engrossed in the story I just wanted to know what happened and rushed through side quests
>>
File: Tobias btfo.jpg (460KB, 1272x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Tobias btfo.jpg
460KB, 1272x1434px
Yeah I actually liked doing the sidequests because the combat system's enjoyable, the items are easy to pick up, each area has stellar music and most quests auto-complete so you don't have to run back and forth to the NPC hub. I liked the sidequests in X too, in fact they were even better.

>>383648902
Please don't remind me... thankfully that only comes into play late game IT TOOK ME LITERAL DAYS TO FIND ALL I NEEDED TO FILL MY COLLECTOPEDIA AND FINISH THE QUEST
>>
>>383647183
You'll start getting bored of them eventually

My autism compelled me to do every single sidequest the moment it was available, so I always ended up being way overleveled
>>
>>383651129

I am already feeling over leveled. I'm 21, still doing those refugee camp quests, and I just steam roll everything. Well, everything except for this level 70 shit roaming around, but it seems such a stark contrast. Either I can kick the shit out of it, or it can one shot me.

But the combat is pretty fun, there is plenty to keep an eye on.
>>
>>383652563
I'd recommend trying to get Shulk and Reyn's affinity as high as possible since they're easy to max out early on and a great pair for gem crafting because of Reyn's strong flame
>>
>>383647183
wait until you're running laps around a giant city looking for new quests that are dependent on 47 different kinds of progression and requirements.
>>
>>383653634
Man Alcamoth was the worst
>>
Is this the proper xenothread?
>>
>>383647183
I fucking love how big the game is. It makes you feel like you really are a tick on a giant living being. Hell I don't even care that some areas are just plain empty. But good lord I HATE the cookie cutter quests. I fucking HATE doing sidequests in this game because I have completionist autism. It's the only game so far where I refused to 100% it period because I would end up hating it as a whole. In the end. I still love this game anyway and give it a 9/10.
>>
File: 1489465207797.jpg (56KB, 428x652px) Image search: [Google]
1489465207797.jpg
56KB, 428x652px
>>383653634
>quests that require talking to multiple people who all appear far away from each other at different times of day
>affinity chart links that only occur when talking to specific people at specific times of day after specific quests

God I fucking hate alcamoth and frontier village

Quick step gems should have let you go up to double speed
>>
>>383654545
If there's one thing X did right was saying good bye to quick step gem and instead letting you run sanic fast at all times. That and getting rid of fall damage. God I hope fall damage's not back in 2.
>>
>>383656143
I'm really not sure how to feel about 2's battle system

I much preferred the MMO style cooldown system than doing literally nothing while waiting on auto attacks just so I can press my fucking buttons
>>
File: 1436744430028.png (147KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
1436744430028.png
147KB, 500x429px
Post your favorite soundtrack from each game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRsBf_kQps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY2kRPIic-I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVA1W2JweKk
>>
>>383658029
>confrontation with the enemy
>Slyvalum night
>either the boss battle theme or the first song that plays in trailer 2
>>
>>383654545
It was probably obvious to some, but

>fast travel and time management hidden three layers deep in a super secret menu
>>
>>383658590
I can't imagine the thought of trying to do all the sidequests in xenoblade without both fast and time travel

I'm so sorry anon
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.