[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth 60 dollars on the PS4? How's the content included?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

Is this worth 60 dollars on the PS4? How's the content included? I been really enjoying multiverse in Injustice 2 and the gear. So outside of online versus does this have any other cool features?
>>
you can customise your characters using in game currency. check youtube for videos.
>>
It's like $39.99 for Prime Day
>>
>>383645795
thats been a thing in tekken for a while now right? its been a while since i played i think the last one i owned was 5. thats defeintly something i enjoy doing.

>>383645954
i live in canada and over here it isnt.
>>
>>383646630
The customization in 7 is ass, they removed a lot of outfits from Tag 2 and last week removed the ability to color things dark black or brown. Fuck.
>>
>>383645696
>So outside of online versus does this have any other cool features?
Not really. If you're not looking for anything other than pure fighting than just save your money. The game has an arcade mode, story mode, Treasure Battle (you fights a bunch of enemies and win treasure chests filled with cosmetics or money), versus, online, and that's really it.
>>
>>383647224
I can live with that. I was just curious about what kind of things the game had. Its normally 90 dollars where I am so the 60 price kinda caught my eye. I really wanted to get into fighting games this gen and I'm willing to put in work.
>>
>>383645696
It's the worst Tekken to date. It copied SFV and has released with zero content outside of a story mode and online. It has a treasure mode but that's a watered down Ghost Mode. Any retaining features like customisation for example are worse than previous entries and the whole experience reeks of cash grab. If you want to get a Tekken do yourself a favour and get 5.
>>
>>383648032
Damn, that sucks. Well if that's the case, you'll get your money's worth. There's a ton of fighting games to choose from as well. Blazblue Central Fiction, Guilty Gear Xrd, King of Fighters XIV, Under Night in Birth. Its a great time to get into fighters.
>>
>>383645696
It's not a Netherrealm game in terms of features and game modes. If you're just a casual fighting game fan, then I would ignore it.
>>
>>383648251
What about the fighting itself in 7? I actually still have Tekken 5 somewhere but I'm mostly interested in playing against others online.

>>383648335
Thank you for the list man. Ya I think its a good time to start fighting games. My friend gave me his copy of Street fighter 5 for free and even though people dog on it, I'm interested in putting some time into it. Can't really complain when its free.

>>383649560
I actually put in a lot of work in IJ2 in practice mode for hours for the first week it came out. I know those games were never super hardcore technical games but I actually did alot of training and ranked battles in that game. I guess consider myself a casual fighting game fan, but I'm really ready to put in work in all types of fighting games this gen. Thats why I wanted to branch over to the more technical games.
>>
>>383650209
Yeah, if you're into ranked and improving your play then it's a great entry. You just seemed like you enjoyed fighting games more for the modes/story at first and I didn't want you to be disappointed, it wasn't an insult or anything.

There's also quick matches if you just want to other people play without worrying about rank, and a (barely functional) tournament mode.
>>
>>383645696
>How's the content included?
Fun modes that used to be included like tekken bowl are dlc and there is no force mode.
>>
>>383650209
Prepare to study your ass off with Tekken 7, since most of the stuff you can actually do in the game isn't explained. It took me 3 weeks of playing to learn you could jump off the walls and cancel out of crouches. I still can't backdash to save my life.

For the price it's worth it if you intend to stick with it for the long haul. It'll probably be 8 years until a new Tekken comes out anyway so in that time you'll get your money's worth
>>
File: 1483506848648.png (234KB, 840x708px) Image search: [Google]
1483506848648.png
234KB, 840x708px
>>383650209
No problem man, I like letting new players know that there are other options out there. SFV is fine to start with as a new player, but you'll soon see that its limited in what it does compared to other fighters out right now. Have fun man.
>>
>>383650607
It's cool man. It's the way I worded it in the OP haha. I should have stated it more clearly I was very interested in the actual fighting and that a lil bit of nice content here and there would be icing on the cake.

>>383652427
Theres no tutorial mode in this right? Just training with full moves list and you just learn on your own. King has always been my favourite in the series and putting in work in training mode with him is something that I'm very prepared to do.
>>
>>383653625
No training mode and I swear the "tips" they appear at the bottom of the loading screens are out of date, like taken directly from older games. I'm pretty sure one says hold back to roll away, which was taken out of this game. Now if you're on the ground and press back you just stand straight up. Also you can hold back during a fall to do it immediately, which the game neglects to tell you.

tl;dr subscribe to Aris's youtube.
>>
I just ordered it from Amazon. Thanks everyone who helped out with info and whatnot for this game.
>>
>>383656072
Hope you enjoy it anon. I have it on PC so we won't get to fight but best of luck to you and happy training.
>>
>Paying $60 for video games
>>
>>383645696
PC version is far superior. If you have the option then definitely go with that.
>>
File: 1498016875790.png (22KB, 611x560px) Image search: [Google]
1498016875790.png
22KB, 611x560px
>>383656072
>buying a game with just as little content as SFV
Hope you enjoyed wasting your money on this salted garbage.
>>
>>383645696
It's busted on PS4 and it's got fuck all for customization, shit online lobbies, and no good single player content. It might as well be an online only game, has no replays either and a meager training mode.
>>
File: 1484021039476.jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484021039476.jpg
9KB, 300x225px
>>383656567
>PC version is far superior
Meanwhile in reality:
>PS4 is given priority for patches and other updates
>even XBone has been patched while PC is still suffering from the same broken matchmaking shit that it has been like since release
>>
>>383657353
What broken matchmaking? The only complaints I've heard have been from PS4 users. I've had no problems finding matches on PC.
>>
what's with the frogs? we were having a chill topic here.
>>
File: you right now.jpg (38KB, 585x327px) Image search: [Google]
you right now.jpg
38KB, 585x327px
>>383657443
>tournament mode is unplayable
>most people are getting disconnected online when they accept games
>modders playing as OP as fuck story characters like devil kazumi
>the occasional toolassisted bot that has been put online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZyFaPgEvH0

Durrrrrr luks fine 2 me bruh!!1
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.