[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gwyn: God Extremely diminished Lord Soul Scared of gods losing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: the_fires_fade_edition_artwork.png (542KB, 878x450px) Image search: [Google]
the_fires_fade_edition_artwork.png
542KB, 878x450px
>Gwyn:
God
Extremely diminished Lord Soul
Scared of gods losing power, links first flame as last ditch effort

>Gael:
Slave
Complete Dark Soul
Willingly sacrifices himself for the painter's sake, zero fucks given about first flame

Heck, even the boss arenas and the music is polar opposites, you fight Gwyn in the Kiln and Gael in what's essentially the epicenter of everything Dark Soul related, Gwyn has a somber piano tune and Gael has this bombasticly amazing theme playing
>>
>>383643879
I unironically appreciate this analysis
>>
>>383643879
Ok
>>
They are both good fights. What's your point?
>>
I thought Gael was more supposed to represent the opposite of Manus, like how SOC was collectively everyone who lit the fire as opposed to Gwyn, its creator

Manus was the creator of the abyss, which was humanity ran rampant while Gael basically ends up having every bit of humanity except for yours
>>
>>383645048
>Gael basically ends up having every bit of humanity except for yours

explain
>>
>>383643879
why is it bad to link flames? is it the same as the bonfires?
>>
>>383645531
the dark soul is split between people alive, since you and gael are one of like 3 people alive still he has a majority of it.
>>
>>383645531
While you "skip" forwards along the timeline by breaking the seal Filianore holds in place, Gwyn spends the rest of eternity killing everything. Until it's just you, him, and a barren world.
>>
>>383646483
>>383645531
Whoops, meant "Gael", not "Gwyn".
>>
>>383646170
Linking the Fire is different from just lighting a bonfire. Linking the Fire is basically linking the fire with one's own soul, using your own soul as kindling so the First Flame can burn a little longer.

This is a problem because the Age of Fire was supposed to end. A long time ago. But Undead after Undead after Undead keep Linking the Fire because that's the standard Gwyn set and now EVERYONE believes that the Age of Fire is supposed to go on forever. Which yes the Age of Dark is conceptually scary. After all time and space breaks down when the Flame fades. It's basically the apocalypse. But nature has dictated that this is the way it's supposed to be. Dreg Heap is the biggest testament to that.
>>
Why was Yuria's sister in the painted world?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.