[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Reggie said the phone app is so that we wouldn't have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1813.jpg (136KB, 1401x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1813.jpg
136KB, 1401x701px
>Reggie said the phone app is so that we wouldn't have to take a big gaming headset with us everywhere
>we actually do, and a stupid adapter, and waste phone battery
What the fuck, Reggie? Why didn't you speak up at the awful developer's meeting the phone app was conceived in?
>>
>>383640527
>Believing the marketing suit.
>>
They're going to be jews and release an expensive revision aren't they
>>
Why don't you just use smaller headphones?
>>
>>383640527
Let me make sense of this image. So to use voice chat, you are playing the switch, which is connected to an adapter, which is plugged into your smartphone and connected to the headset which you talk into, and your phone just sits there cumbersomely as deadweight as it loses battery.

What the actual fuck is this system
>>
>>383641174
It's baffling considering they could've just put a headphone jack on the pro like functional people. Instead nintendo went full retard, again you won't be able to use the headset docked. They are fucking retarded.
>>
>>383640793
Seems to me like a simple software update will be enough to let us chat throuh the switch itself.
>>
>Reggie said
Reggie's job is to make everything sound good even if it's not.
>>
>>383641282
Actually I tested it earlier.
Regular headphones at least do work docked.
You just need a really long cable.
>>
>>383641282
>can't use the headset docked

Jesus. It also looks tedious to fumble around to get three wires out of your way
>>
You know the thing in your image isn't being made or promoted by Nintendo, right?
>>
>>383641282
Even the Vita has party chat in the system itself. Nintendo is out of touch with a lot of their shit.
>>
But is it fun?
>>
>>383641463
No dude, not at all. Consider this, from your tv to your couch is a good distance, you would need an extender to get a modern headphone to reach. Extenders degrade the sound quality, you have to sit really close while docked to use a headset, it's embarrassing.
>>
Reggie is just a US shill for a Jap company.
>>
It's so you evil hackers don't get into the Switch. Glad Nintendo is taking care of its first party and keeping you thieves away.
>>
>>383640527
Almost as if Reggie is just a marketing guy that has to make up random explanations for whatever the nips give him
>>
>>383640527
what the fuck is phone there for?
>>
>>383641359
It will not, because, if you were not already aware, the Switch has Bluetooth, hence for this reason, because it has no on-board mic.
>>
>>383641590
3rd party app that nintendo uses to voice chat, you can't voice chat without it, insane shit I know. I fucking hate my switch.
>>
>>383641174
>>383641590
It's if you want game audio and voice chat at the same you don't need to plug into the switch but do need the phone for voice chat.
>>
>>383641510
yup, its not even out of touch at this point, they have to know how fucking stupid it is, they just want to be special snowflakes and even add a gimmick to voice chat. It's absurd. I fucking hate nintenbro.
>>
You know IDK why they just don't limit Bluetooth connections when using voice chat. Instead of 8 joycons limited it to 4 so basically two players max online on the same console. They could just limit online games with two players online max on the same console.
>>
>>383641703
It's just voice chat dude
>>
>>383640527

Doesn't everyone pretty much use Discord nowadays anyway?
>>
File: 1440912415537.jpg (65KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440912415537.jpg
65KB, 848x480px
>complaining about having to buy a fucking headset

Why are sonybros so poor?
>>
File: fish_tank.jpg (73KB, 442x271px) Image search: [Google]
fish_tank.jpg
73KB, 442x271px
the only solution is to not use voice chat and just use your phone and blutooth headset.

unless that fucks with the signal like a tank of water. this is not an expression. it will literlly mess with the signal if you're next to a fish tank.

Also, hows the online work? ethernet cord or strictly wifi?
>>
>>383642172
It doesn't matter man, honestly I can't even use a headset to play fucking games because there's no jack in the joycon. theres one game on the switch right now. One. Bunch of switch's have dead pixels and unresponsive joy cons. The switch is a piece of shit, any other console you expect to have a headphone jack on your controller. But not nintendo, they are too braindead to add one.
>>
>>383642502
This is why marketing your handheld as a home console is a bad idea. Americans will eat up PR bullshit like no one else.
>>
>>383642662
The handheld element is fine, but I bought a pro to play zelda with. When I got home I was furious that there was no headphone jack. I was fucking livid because that right there was a metaphor for how out of touch nintendo actually is. I was embarrassed for them. They are pathetic.
>>
File: games.jpg (202KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
202KB, 1280x720px
>>383642502
there's more than one...
>>
>>383642502
Exactly, it's voice chat on splatoon, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>383642776
LMAO, indie shit that is on steam, a shitty bomberman, a literal re release of a previous system game (lol). And minecraft.

Fuck off dude kek.
>>
>>383642881
right, but, again, portability. And that "previous system" is dead no point in getting one now
>>
>>383642879
No you fucking retard that is just another problem, the biggest one is that you can't even use headphones docked because there is no headphone jack on the pro controller. You would have to actually sit next to the console in order for it to work, and even then it barely does.

What the fuck were they thinking not having a headphone jack on their controller? I mean seriously justify this stupidity.
>>
>>383642982
Just get a long aux cable or a set of wireless headphones oh shit
>>
>>383642963
There's nothing on that library that screams wow I need this so I can play this on the go!. Not even until MH XX comes out will there be anything worthwhile on the switch, and that game is on the 3DS. I'm just gonna get MH on ps4 honestly, but I will play SMT on the switch.

But other than that this piece of shit is useless.
>>
>>383643054
Long aux cable doesn't work man, it degrades the audio quality, you won't be able to hear shit. I got an extender, that's what you had to use. The longer the cable the shittier it is. And you need a long one for it to reach. Trust me I tried.
>>
File: 1493652410159.png (43KB, 455x460px) Image search: [Google]
1493652410159.png
43KB, 455x460px
>>383643067
Thanks for the opinion i guess?
>>
>>383641667
What the hell do you need that shit for then? Bluetooth headsets exist.
>>
>>383643180
Give me one game that is worth playing on the switch other than BoTW.

>>383643201
You can't use bluetooth headsets because it interferes with the joy cons. That's how retarded nintendo is.
>>
File: 1495552343149.jpg (104KB, 688x976px) Image search: [Google]
1495552343149.jpg
104KB, 688x976px
>>383643153
>it degrades the audio quality
and a wireless controller doesn't?
>>
>>383641501
It's officially licensed by Nintendo. People can't just go and steal Splatoon branding and use it for their peripherals, the IP holder has to give the okay.

And either way, it's Nintendo's system that necessitates this headset be made. It was Nintendo who decided you should need to use a phone to voice chat in Switch games. This headset is doing what it can to salvage that stupid fucking idea by giving you a means to mix both audio sources together, so you don't have the people on voice chat hearing your game audio coming from the TV, or so you can wear headphones to prevent the game audio from being picked up but still hear the people you're trying to talk to. Given that, I don't see how this headset being made by a third party is supposed to make Nintendo look better. If not for this stupid piece of shit, voice chat would be even worse.
>>
>>383643265
No it fucking doesn't, considering I literally use a headset on my ps4 controller and it's wireless and it sounds just as good as on my PC. Are you serious? HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>383643262
>Give me one game that is worth playing on the switch other than BoTW.

I already did... :)
>>
>people are willingly going to pay a monthly subscription to download a separate app for voice chat

cucks
>>
>>383643370
WORTH playing. There's nothing there but shovelware. And no game is coming for like six months. This shit is gonna fail hard considering the hype for Zelda has diminished.
>>
>>383642982
Not him. The home console element was clearly shoe-horned in to appeal to western gamers who are insecure about playing video games in public. I bought my Switch and sold my dock that same day. The docking feature was literally added so Nintendo could sell games at $60, and appeal to the retards that hate handhelds to sell more units. I feel sorry for anyone who buys a Switch expecting a general home console experience, because that is clearly not what the system was deigned to be.
>>
>>383643364
>No it fucking doesn't

ooooooookayyyyy

but a long aux cable will

sure

:)
>>
>>383643461
not an argument i mean Splatoon's launching in literally 10 days...
>>
>>383643067
>MH
LOL that shit needs to die faster than consoles.
>>
>>383643382
this, nintenbros are embarrassing

>>383643465
That doesn't matter, it has the capability, it having a dock shouldn't stop it from having a headphone jack in the pro controller. It's literally retarded, the argument doesn't even make sense.

>>383643482
It will, look it up. Have you ever used a wireless controller before lol that's not on a nintendo system? I play wireless the entire time with my 5.1 headphones and it sounds just as good as plugged into my computer through usb. With the extender I can't hear shit.

Look up extenders and sound quality, educate yourself retard.
>>
>>383643635
I like it, it and SMT is the only reason I have a ds, but it's coming to ps4 so gg nintendo.
>>
File: 1495568873544.gif (73KB, 205x274px) Image search: [Google]
1495568873544.gif
73KB, 205x274px
>>383643650
>It will, look it up

I took grade 11 physics you fucking dick. As long as you're not using unshielded copper you'll be fine.
>>
>>383643772
And my PC and some retards Xbox. So, GG /v/.
>>
>>383643802
You are fucking retarded dude. I'm in med school, 11 grade physics is literally baby tier. You don't know shit kiddie. Look up the degradation of sound quality through extenders you fucking moron. Wireless doesn't degrade because it is utilizing the controller itself to amplify the sound. There is no difference. Look it up or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>383643650
Why did you buy a Switch, and expect a general home console experience? Are you American, or just retarded? It's designed to be handheld, even a brain dead retard could take one look and know this. Although I am sorry you fell hook, line, and sinker for NoA's shitty marketing.
>>
>>383643772
It's coming to PC too, and with any luck there will be some modding capability to fix the horrendous decisions Crapcom is making to make MH more 'cinematic' or whatever to appeal to westerners. Last time they did that, we got DmC. Why would you risk getting it on the PS4 unless your PC is a piece of shit?
>>
>>383643153
>It degrades the audio quality
If your cable is 20 feet long. It depends on a lot more than just length though. Cable quality, contrary to popular belief can affect sound quality.
>>
>>383641510
Its because voice chat basically automatically raises a game's rating to a higher age. By making the voice chat third party, Nintendo is aiming to keep their family friendly rating/image.
>>
>>383641510
Seriously, go back to neogaf you sonybro
>>
File: lol.png (166KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
166KB, 2560x1440px
>>383643995
>designed for hand held

It is made to be optional, you saying it doesn't have a headphone jack in the pro controller because it is a handheld device doesn't make sense. Why would it being handheld stop a controller from having a headphone jack? Are you literally fucking brain dead.

>>383644054
My PC is god tier and I play every game maxed out at 1440p. But there are some games I won't get on PC, like fighting games or MH, or souls games. Because hackers, and the PC community for those games are absolutely brain dead. They are ass and I don't want to die constantly because some PC elitist is a mongoloid.

MH is made by the same team as the ds games, this isn't the DmC scenario you idiot.
>>
>>383644310
My cpu is OC'd to 4.6 ghz by the way.
>>
>>383643913
I dunno man even NeoGaf shits on it. I guess it would work theoretically as well as an aux cable, but certainly no better. That said, i've noticed myself that sound quality out of the controller is garbage
>>
>>383644497
If you have shitty headphone sure, but when I use mine it sounds crisp as fuck. I can't tell the difference between the sound quality. I have steel series headphones.

>neogaf

jesus christ man
>>
>>383644310
meant for

>>383643996
>>
>>383644601
dude shut up you said you had 5.1 headphones
>>
>>383644054
20 ft is about right from where my couch is to my 4k tv. Which is what I had to get, it may have been 15 ft but I still couldn't hear shit.

>>383644740
Yeah mine are 5.1 surround sound steel series headphones. They sound great to me. What are you implying exactly lol?
>>
>>383644840
>Couldn't hear shit
Your audio will degrade, it won't die. And most of you fags with shitty speakers or headphones won't even notice said degradation.
>>
>>383644172
Does it? Pretty sure you just get that good old "online interactions not rated" bit.
>>
>>383644840
it's like the gaming laptop of headphones
>>
>>383644958
I did though dude, because I could barely hear out of one headphone. That was how bad it is. I'm not sure if it was because it was connected to the switch, because I did notice my headphones were quieter on the switch, but outright whisper with the extender is not acceptable.

>>383645058
And? It's cheap and sounds good, I don't really care, I can hear the bass and it is loud as fuck and has high sound quality. I'm not an audiophile.
>>
>>383645035
they say that but the games are always T or higher never E
>>
>>383644687
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at; save editing is a thing on the 3DS and presumably the PSP games, and the game is enjoyable regardless of those fags, who can also be kicked from the room if it bothers you that much.

Also, if you're trying to say PC is more braindead, you've yet to consider the thousands of mouthbreathers that will get this game for their PS4 because of the inevitable 'muh dark souls hard' maymay that will be fucking everywhere once this game releases. Either way you're going to be dealing with braindead shitters, to pretend that PC will have more is intellectually dishonest or blatant consolewar faggotry; the average idiot will own a console, usually PS4, and get a game for their console over PC any day.

Crapcom is known for fucking over fans of franchises they unfortunately own, if this is somehow news to you I don't know what to say. If the shareholders and/or higher-ups pushed hard for more 'western' elements to be included, and all footage we have points to that being true, then they have no choice but to mangle the formula.
>>
>>383645813
im gonna play it on ps4 because it will probably have more players and slightly less hackers
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.